Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: ARMED TEEN SHOT IN FACE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Why is there even a thread about this ? This is taking up valuable space for more important aspects of society.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 11:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/7 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

MrWolf wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

MrWolf wrote:
Quote:

Selective wrote:
I have a hard time believing this kid wasn't carrying. Wow his friends said he didn't have a gun huh? The same kids who have a 'don't snitch' policy?

Whether the young man was carrying or not, the consensus seem to agree that he was a relatively decent kid. This at least suggests that he was unlikely the type to be involved in violent behavior. The real dangerous sorts are not generally lamented quite this way (after being a victim of violence), since people know it goes with the territory. That's not what they're saying about this kid. The more likely scenario is that he was carrying because he was afraid for his life. People get shot for all types of insignificant reasons these days (i.e. a look, playground argument, etc.). It's all conjecture at this point since the only people who know, either aren't talking or can't. Heinous crimes like these only underscore how unsafe EVERYONE really is in this community. Dog run or no dog run. People are kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

He was only 15. The young man should be mourned.

Whatever.

Looks like the guy was carrying, and your speculation that he was carrying because he was afraid for his life is just that - speculation.

More likely he was a gangster apprentice when he went down.

More like it's repugnantly speculative to speak ill of a young man who can no longer speak for himself, especially after others have spoken up on has behalf.

They always say "he was a good kid", don't they?

You are so naive, Mr Wolf.

Almost like you're not Mr Wolf.

Au contraire, as it's a virtual certainty that there is little you can school me on the topic. You see, I've seen it really, really up close. Further comment is unnecessary close.

Then again, this isn't so much about naivet?, as it is about common decency and respect for the dead.

I guess that the path of the righteous man is way too much for you to fathom.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 4:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
I'm certainly no expert on "netiquette" but it seems pretty low to reveal (let alone copy and paste) a private message, no?

Posted on: 2008/3/20 4:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
You guys tell me, was I the only person who received this private message or did anybodyelse get this from clt4271.
clt4271

Sent: 2008/3/17 18:14:56
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
about shooting in Jersey City

Who the hell are you? You didnt even know troy. He was a good kid... sure he had some bad times, but what kid dont? hell i know i do... think about what you say about people who know him reading this POS!

Posted on: 2008/3/20 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Heres another scenerio, single mom on welfare gets more food stamps and larger section 8 voucher the more kids she has.

So she has 5 kids form 5 different fathers, none which are ever around. Kid grows up in a broken home. He doesnt have much of a chance.

Mother smokes dope and on and on and on

and the dems get more votes come election time

oh and the poor kid gets shot because he was involved wit ha gang or maybe he just need the gun to protect himself or maybe he was framed. regardless he never had any direction or a chance in life.

Thats the reality. It sucks

Stay classy, JCList!

Posted on: 2008/3/20 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Heres another scenerio, single mom on welfare gets more food stamps and larger section 8 voucher the more kids she has.

So she has 5 kids form 5 different fathers, none which are ever around. Kid grows up in a broken home. He doesnt have much of a chance.

Mother smokes dope and on and on and on

and the dems get more votes come election time

oh and the poor kid gets shot because he was involved wit ha gang or maybe he just need the gun to protect himself or maybe he was framed. regardless he never had any direction or a chance in life.

Thats the reality. It sucks

Posted on: 2008/3/20 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MrWolf wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

MrWolf wrote:
Quote:

Selective wrote:
I have a hard time believing this kid wasn't carrying. Wow his friends said he didn't have a gun huh? The same kids who have a 'don't snitch' policy?

Whether the young man was carrying or not, the consensus seem to agree that he was a relatively decent kid. This at least suggests that he was unlikely the type to be involved in violent behavior. The real dangerous sorts are not generally lamented quite this way (after being a victim of violence), since people know it goes with the territory. That's not what they're saying about this kid. The more likely scenario is that he was carrying because he was afraid for his life. People get shot for all types of insignificant reasons these days (i.e. a look, playground argument, etc.). It's all conjecture at this point since the only people who know, either aren't talking or can't. Heinous crimes like these only underscore how unsafe EVERYONE really is in this community. Dog run or no dog run. People are kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

Whatever.

Looks like the guy was carrying, and your speculation that he was carrying because he was afraid for his life is just that - speculation.

More like it's repugnantly speculative to speak ill of a young man who can no longer speak for himself, especially after others have spoken up on has behalf.

They always say "he was a good kid", don't they?

You are so naive, Mr Wolf.

Almost like you're not Mr Wolf.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 3:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

MrWolf wrote:
Quote:

Selective wrote:

Whatever.

More like it's repugnantly speculative to speak ill of a young man who can no longer speak for himself, especially after others have spoken up on has behalf. I suppose it?s easier for some to always chalk up incidence of urban violence to gang activity. Makes them feel safe.

Teenager senselessly loses his life and you crow ?Whatever?.

I kind of guess that says it all.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a scenario:
Mom is trying to pay the rent and put food on the table has to work two jobs. Her teen is home and is befriended by an older teen, or an adult who coax him or her into a gang give them some money to watch out for the "Popo" give them a cell phone...a gun in due time...for protection...after they see how much money they can make selling drugs...by the way the #1 most dangerous job as stated in the book Freakanomics.....next thing you know, a headline, armed teen shot in face. For what reasons? who knows?
This is very sad.
My condolences go out to the mother.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MrWolf wrote:
Quote:

Selective wrote:

Whatever.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 20:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Selective wrote:

Posted on: 2008/3/19 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

clt4271 wrote:
First off, Troy was a good kid, true he had some bad times but what kid doesn't? who the hell are you people to criticize troy? He was always there for a friend when they needed him, and he cared about others, and i do believe he was framed with that gun. I mean, cops in Jersey City can't be trusted, i dont care what you say. But I was around troy for close to 8 months in a school and he was in the room next to mine. Do you guys have nothing better to do than try and make peoples lives miserable? Think about it. How would you feel if this was your son? Wouldn't like someone saying your kid is bad right? then back off... But Troy... RIP dude, and i'm ready to lose in another game of basketball ;P

Were you there when this happen? Why would the cops frame someone that got killed knowing it would cost them their jobs and liberty? Why would they frame a dead person who they never knew of?

Who says it had to have been the cops that framed the kid? And who said the cops didn't know the kid?

It's clear that clt4271 had a personal connection to a kid who was shot dead on the streets of our city, whatever the circumstances. Is it really necessary to malign the dead to their friend or family member? You weren't there either.

Quote:
Also he must of done something very bad to get shot, you just don't get shot for walking on the streets u know!

Did somebody with the screen-name 'greenville' actually make the preceding statement with a straight face?

Posted on: 2008/3/18 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

clt4271 wrote:
First off, Troy was a good kid, true he had some bad times but what kid doesn't? who the hell are you people to criticize troy? He was always there for a friend when they needed him, and he cared about others, and i do believe he was framed with that gun. I mean, cops in Jersey City can't be trusted, i dont care what you say. But I was around troy for close to 8 months in a school and he was in the room next to mine. Do you guys have nothing better to do than try and make peoples lives miserable? Think about it. How would you feel if this was your son? Wouldn't like someone saying your kid is bad right? then back off... But Troy... RIP dude, and i'm ready to lose in another game of basketball ;P

Were you there when this happen? Why would the cops frame someone that got killed knowing it would cost them their jobs and liberty? Why would they frame a dead person who they never knew of? Also he must of done something very bad to get shot, you just don't get shot for walking on the streets u know!

Posted on: 2008/3/18 4:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/30 16:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/3/18 0:53
Author, Dream-weaver, Visionary, plus Actor

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/17 22:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/3/17 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Though it seems in really bad taste to talk poorly of the dead -- I can't help but wish someone would tell the mother that it is foolish to think that the cops are trying to frame the victim!

Come on our cops watch TV -- if they wanted to -- I am sure they are smart enough to frame the perpetrator.

Quote:

The mom said:

"They say they found a gun on him, but everybody else said he didn't have one," Gregory said. "My cousin was holding him the whole time and he said he didn't have no gun on him.

"I never had any problems with him around the house with a pistol. He never had a gun."

Posted on: 2008/2/25 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Wait why in the hell was her son carrying a gun, she should of start care of her kids (if she has any left) before she started to discrediting the police.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
While I agree with the comment that someone his age walking around with a gun is looking for trouble, I don't see any evidence that his character was made to appear better or worse than it likely was. The quoted material in the article is the kid's mother--you expect her to speak harshly about her son after his death?

Posted on: 2008/2/25 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Amen.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 19:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
So now your going to tell me the kid was a saint, never been in trouble. Why hasn't anyone asked the question, what was a 15 year old doing with a gun in his pocket?

Sorry if I don't have any sympathy, or am not showing enough compassion for his death, but what I don't understand is why everyone is making this thing seem like he was an innocent victim in a shooting. Apparently someone got to him before he could get them, maybe that's why he had a gun on him.

So why don't we ask the question, why don't juveniles go to jail, why are they allowed to commit crimes and then go home with thier parents, given alittle slap on the wrist. Maybe he was carrying a gun because he either committed crime or was going to use it to commit a crime.

Can someone answer that for me?

Posted on: 2008/2/25 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Teen gunshot victim taken off life support

Monday, February 25, 2008
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 15-year-old boy who was shot in the forehead last week has died at the Jersey City Medical Center, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Troy Gregory, 15, of Jersey City, who doctors said was brain dead after the Feb. 17 shooting at Oak Street near King Drive, was taken off a life support system and died Friday night, the prosecutor said.

DeFazio could not release further information on the investigation, but said it is believed the victim was shot due to an earlier incident involving him and the assailant.

"Unfortunately we see too often young people resorting to firearms to settle their differences," DeFazio said.

Gregory was carrying an unloaded 9mm semiautomatic pistol in his pocket; it did not appear that the gun had been fired, DeFazio said.

His mother told The Jersey Journal last week that her son, a Lincoln High School student, was going to the A. Harry Moore housing complex on Duncan Avenue to see his girlfriend, but was going to stop at a party on the way.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the Hudson County Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 16:12

Bergen Lafayette: ARMED TEEN SHOT IN FACE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
TEEN SHOT IN FACE
15-year-old fights for life with bullet lodged in brain

Tuesday, February 19, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Shot in the face Sunday night, a 15-year-old Jersey City boy is now clinging to life at the Jersey City Medical Center, his mother said yesterday.

"He's not doing too well right now," said a distraught Patricia Gregory of her son Troy, who police found face down in a large puddle of blood at Oak Street near Martin Luther King Drive about 10:48 p.m.

Patricia Gregory said yesterday Troy is on life support with the bullet still lodged in his head and his brain swelling.

"I pray to God they catch the man that shot him," said Gregory, who lives on Myrtle Avenue. "Something has to be done about the kids doing this out there."

Police say Troy Gregory was carrying a semiautomatic handgun when he was found and he has been charged. His mother said he's not the type to carry a gun.

Officers responding to a call of shots being fired found Troy Gregory on the sidewalk outside School 14. A large group of juveniles around the boy ran away as police arrived, reports said. Police found an unloaded 9mm semiautomatic pistol in Troy Gregory's pocket and charged him with weapons offenses, reports said.

The frantic mother said the Lincoln High School student had stopped home for a shower and told her he was going to the A. Harry Moore housing complex on Duncan Avenue to see his girlfriend, but stopped at a party on the way. She said he is a B student and "isn't a bad kid."

Adding to the mother's pain was the news that her son was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.

"They say they found a gun on him, but everybody else said he didn't have one," Gregory said. "My cousin was holding him the whole time and he said he didn't have no gun on him.

"I never had any problems with him around the house with a pistol. He never had a gun."

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio described Troy Gregory's condition as critical and said the gun found on the boy did not appear to have been fired.

Several teenagers with the boy at the time of the shooting have been interviewed, DeFazio said. The motive of the shooting is still not known, but it was not robbery, DeFazio added.

One bullet went through a nearby front door and lodged in a paint can in the foyer, which police collected as evidence.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the Jersey City Police Department at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 12:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017