Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: This state is in the worst fiscal condition: NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, I don't oppose public education, I just want accountability and performance for the dollars spent. Mandating preK, which has proven to be worthless by the time kids make it to middle school, wastes millions and millions of dollars, for example.

I wish the Legislature would get behind your thoughts on double dipping, which makes me nuts as well. Sadly, they will never send such a bill for Christie to sign. Somehow I don't see Loretta Weinberg getting behind it either. She's more interested in researching a traffic jam than doing something that's fiscally responsible.

First of all, the "traffic jam" is something that absolutely needs to be researched. Any form of abuse of power should be.

I do not expect anything I wrote about to be enacted by anyone. Doing so would put their head on a chopping block. Tom the Donor gives Joe the candidate money to run for office. Joe wins and now needs to "pay back" Tom. It is how politics are done in this country and the vast majority of others.

If any state senator put forward the bill, Christie would undoubtedly kill it. He's demonstrated that he's no different than any other elected official when it comes to corruption.

The teacher isn't the issue. It's already been established how little they make. Besides it's a job. We need teachers. The state needs public education. These are facts. You won't get good teachers unless you are paying a salary or providing benefits that are competitive enough to draw talent. That is the supply/demand curve in a nutshell.

Funny I think you are both right. We're wasting millions of dollars on education AND teachers are underpaid.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, I don't oppose public education, I just want accountability and performance for the dollars spent. Mandating preK, which has proven to be worthless by the time kids make it to middle school, wastes millions and millions of dollars, for example.

I wish the Legislature would get behind your thoughts on double dipping, which makes me nuts as well. Sadly, they will never send such a bill for Christie to sign. Somehow I don't see Loretta Weinberg getting behind it either. She's more interested in researching a traffic jam than doing something that's fiscally responsible.

First of all, the "traffic jam" is something that absolutely needs to be researched. Any form of abuse of power should be.

I do not expect anything I wrote about to be enacted by anyone. Doing so would put their head on a chopping block. Tom the Donor gives Joe the candidate money to run for office. Joe wins and now needs to "pay back" Tom. It is how politics are done in this country and the vast majority of others.

If any state senator put forward the bill, Christie would undoubtedly kill it. He's demonstrated that he's no different than any other elected official when it comes to corruption.

The teacher isn't the issue. It's already been established how little they make. Besides it's a job. We need teachers. The state needs public education. These are facts. You won't get good teachers unless you are paying a salary or providing benefits that are competitive enough to draw talent. That is the supply/demand curve in a nutshell.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 16:49
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/20 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Add back in the money wasted on the Abbott school districts (billions of dollars a year since 1985) with little or no results and we'd have a surplus.

Way to go, activist NJ Supreme Court.

Trying to pin decades of wasteful spending on the one Governor who's trying to straighten things out is both amusing and futile.

Anyone miss our financial 'genius' Corzine yet?

I don?t think anyone here has blamed the fiscal mess entirely on Christie. I certainly don?t.

Your need to blame the state?s problems on poor children getting an education is odd.

The only governor that seemed willing to face the states problems was Florio and he was run off because of it.

If patronage jobs are constantly given away, and Christie is no different than any other governor with this, then you see waste. It really is that simple.

It isn?t the fault of unions or pensions or government workers in general. It is the fault of those that abuse the system. It is the chief of police that retires and then, because he?s friends with the mayor, gets a job somewhere else therefore doubling up on the income from the state.

I don?t see this changing anytime soon. In the case of our current governor, it is easier to blame the unions and social workers than it is to look in the mirror and say, ?I should have spent less money on a Sandy TV ad? because that would have been the right thing to do for the state?s residents. It is saying ?I don?t need to take a helicopter to my kid?s baseball game? (although, I believe that Christie paid this money back, it took people calling him out to do so).

All governors have done it and Chrstie is no different. However, if he wants to bill himself as someone above the fold, maybe he should actually act like it.

Quote:

borisp wrote:
Public servants can't be fired, - they are union. Their compensation is not performance based.

This is the factual equivalence of stating the sun is made of ice.

I get it, you, along with the rest of the conservative bunch, wants to blame the $40,000 per year public worker for sucking the coffers of the state instead of looking at the people the state puts in charge of them at the tune of millions of dollars per year.

As I said above, if you aren't willing to recognize the actual problem, it will never be fixed.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 15:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
not everyone believes that obamacare is an unmitigated dissater. could it have been been better, you betcha but gop refused to cooperate

As truthful a statement as 'if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare'.

Not a single Republican voted for this turd-gee, did they get to see it develop on C-Span as Obama promised? Did they participate in the buy offs of Mary Landrieu, the Dakota's, the union deals, to get this turd passed?

So Obama and the Democrats got everything they wanted, and they OWN it. It's also why every Democrat who's up for election is staying as far away from Obama as possible.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Public servants can't be fired, - they are union. Their compensation is not performance based.

- and I mean YOU in particular, - decide that the solution is to throw more money at it,

I've never advocated throwing more money at them - I'd rather see them 'punt kicked' out of the position, moreover I'd like to see the unions clearly define when someone within their organisation is deemed inept, incompetent or not appropriate to be 'protected' by their services.

I was once a union representative and would fight for the rights of a good worker, however I was not prepared to fight for some lame, lazy, good for nothing ass that got his job through connections or nepotism - I'd send them to head-office. This said, if there was a slim change the person had the aptitude to learn, then I would push for that, providing it was a junior role. Most if not all positions require you to have the appropriate training, experience and skills set to carry out your role - no learning on the job at the tax payers expense or cost ... I have no doubt there are many competent people out there to fill anyones shoes, this includes the Mayor to the street sweeper guy.

The public sector has always been a go to place for private sector rejects. This said, there are some outstanding public servants, however I've experienced far to many 'rejects'; especially in the planning, building and municipal law enforcement sectors of government.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 5:52

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/1/20 6:13:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
- and you still keep saying "oh, we just need to find few hundred thousands competent administrators who will do their best without any financial incentive to succeed and then it will work!"

Yeah. Right.

Your weekly wage should be and only be your financial incentive to succeed - In the private sector, you're fired if you are unable to meet your target or fulfil your position description ... or do you believe people should be paid for just showing up to work!

Simply meeting your expectations in the work place has the incentive that you get a wage and not fired.

The only plausible incentive should be for public servants that underspend, reach their targets ahead of time and basically save money for the department or city for which they serve.

Moreover, they do not have *any* incentive to solve the problem they are solving. Their "firm" will not close if it goes bankrupt. Their *firm* can force customers to buy its products.

On the other hand, every time they fail to do something, you, - and I mean YOU in particular, - decide that the solution is to throw more money at it, to give them more budget, and to hire more people and so on, - making each manager more important and each line worked more secure. Why would they even want to solve any problem - if they are better of not solving it?

And, if they are elected representatives in a single-party region, they only need to please party bosses to get promoted. Like from mayor of Newark to a Senator.

However, if you want to propose that the City should stop dealing with the unions, and that it should reward performance not age, and that this should apply to everyone, - from garbage people to teachers - well, I will support this idea.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 5:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
not everyone believes that obamacare is an unmitigated dissater. could it have been been better, you betcha but gop refused to cooperate

Posted on: 2014/1/20 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
- and you still keep saying "oh, we just need to find few hundred thousands competent administrators who will do their best without any financial incentive to succeed and then it will work!"

Yeah. Right.

Your weekly wage should be and only be your financial incentive to succeed - In the private sector, you're fired if you are unable to meet your target or fulfil your position description ... or do you believe people should be paid for just showing up to work!

Simply meeting your expectations in the work place has the incentive that you get a wage and not fired.

The only plausible incentive should be for public servants that underspend, reach their targets ahead of time and basically save money for the department or city for which they serve.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 2:16
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Its not a political issue but a ethical and legal one - Both parties are guilty of poor governance ...

The problem is not in the execution, - the problem is with the government trying to run the economy instead of just protecting our rights.

Look at the obamacare. It is unmitigated disaster throughout, - from millions of people losing insurance and access to their doctors, to the website that in the year 2013 could handle only hundreds of users. Why do you think that happened? Do you really think that the explanation is that Obama, Sibelius and all the others in the government are the most stupid and incompetent lot there ever was? No, not at all.

Well, they are incompetent, of course, and, judging by that disaster, they are more incompetent than most, - but even if they were most capable managers like Romney, - it would not work. Like in Massachusetts where the romneycare was tried first, - they are paying more for health care per person than any other state in the nation. And this is the best-case scenario, where the rollout of the plan was smooth, and without without obamacare-scale disasters, so smooth in fact that it was used as obamacare model.

Now, what puzzles me most is when you observe year after year, after year one example after another of poor governance, stupid decisions, waste, waste, waste, - and you still keep saying "oh, we just need to find few hundred thousands competent administrators who will do their best without any financial incentive to succeed and then it will work!"

Yeah. Right.

Posted on: 2014/1/19 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Lets have an independent audit of income and bonuses for the Christie administration staff and 'loyal' appointees made by him to help govern NJ

Yes, let's.

Let's pretend that will fix everything.

Its not suppose to fix anything, but rather highlight GOOD or BAD governance with the administration - I'm betting Christie's administration is compounding the financial problem of the State ... especially when you have a Governor willing to flex his muscle on non compliance to HIS agenda!

Except thousands and thousands of emails and texts to and fro his office have been examined and ZERO connection has been uncovered.

So if you're the sort who thinks that Obama found out about the IRS by reading the paper and had no knowledge what his staff were doing, or Mrs. Clinton about Benghazi, then if you're intellectually honest you must believe Christie under the same conditions.

Of course, we haven't had a two hour press conference where either the POTUS or Sec of State has answered unlimited questions about their roles in either scandal, so Christie is ahead on points as well.

Its not a political issue but a ethical and legal one - Both parties are guilty of poor governance ... I like the idea of exposing 'bad apples' regardless what side of the fence they are from ... I just wish we as a people, had more political parties to chose from at election time; this 2 horse race is doing this country a disfavor and a breeding group for corruption and poor governance.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Lets have an independent audit of income and bonuses for the Christie administration staff and 'loyal' appointees made by him to help govern NJ

Yes, let's.

Its not suppose to fix anything, but rather highlight GOOD or BAD governance with the administration - I'm betting Christie's administration is compounding the financial problem of the State ... especially when you have a Governor willing to flex his muscle on non compliance to HIS agenda!

Except thousands and thousands of emails and texts to and fro his office have been examined and ZERO connection has been uncovered.

So if you're the sort who thinks that Obama found out about the IRS by reading the paper and had no knowledge what his staff were doing, or Mrs. Clinton about Benghazi, then if you're intellectually honest you must believe Christie under the same conditions.

Of course, we haven't had a two hour press conference where either the POTUS or Sec of State has answered unlimited questions about their roles in either scandal, so Christie is ahead on points as well.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/18 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Yes, let's.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
I know someone who had his MF global account looted. It would be if you went to the bank and found out the bank emptied your account and invested it on their behalf.

Yet Corzine walks...

Posted on: 2014/1/18 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Add back in the money wasted on the Abbott school districts (billions of dollars a year since 1985) with little or no results and we'd have a surplus.

Trying to pin decades of wasteful spending on the one Governor who's trying to straighten things out is both amusing and futile.

Corzine was a brilliant man, he would have done wonders for our budget just like he did for the private sector!

I hope the Corzine governor / business man was sarcasm... because that guy should be in a jail cell next to Bernie Madoff. He is another "friend" who Eric Holder's DOJ refused to press charges against after destroying lives and stealing the savings of many people with his high risk gamble.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Corzine was a brilliant man, he would have done wonders for our budget just like he did for the private sector!

Posted on: 2014/1/18 17:35
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/18 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i'd take romney over christie

Posted on: 2014/1/18 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Yes, let's.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 12:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I've always said "I don't see what christie has done for NJ".

Posted on: 2014/1/18 12:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/18 10:17

This state is in the worst fiscal condition: NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101345437
Quote:

A new study on the fiscal condition of the 50 states ranks New Jersey dead last, citing revenue shortfalls, budget practices and high levels of debt .

Posted on: 2014/1/18 6:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017