Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/2/3 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ ... in-new-york-times-report/

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02 ... vid-wildstein-102987.html

Christie's attack against Wildstein:
http://images.politico.com/global/2014/02/01/christie1.html

You have to wonder, If Christie had known Wildstein was a shady character, why didn't hire him in the first place?

Posted on: 2014/2/3 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
former governor christie is a big fan of bipartisanship!

Posted on: 2014/2/2 5:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:
Atsushi wrote:
I've been checking twitter with #bridgegate and a lot of people commenting on this.

Wait for it....wait for it....

1....2.....3....BENGHAZI!!

Wait, you do not think that this question is legitimate?

I mean, - on one hand, we have some petty political crime of closing a traffic lane. On another we have wanton disregard for multiple requests for more security resulting in a death of a US Ambassador, and then we have two most senior members of the US government, the President and Secretary of State, blatantly lying to the people that it was about some video, in order to hide the fact that it was a terrorist attack, - before the elections.

And you do not find it curious that our media dedicated to the first story so much more attention than to the second one?

You do not think that it is a good question, why?

By the way, I've noticed some people discuss how it affects Christie's presidential aspirations. Can someone explain to me, - why did you think that he was a contender?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/world/b ... sulate-attack-fast-facts/

http://www.navytimes.com/article/2014 ... ssador-help-before-attack
Yet it points out that Stevens had rejected additional security. The Defense Department had provided a Site Security Team in Tripoli, made up of 16 special operations personnel to provide security and other help. The report says the State Department decided not to extend the team?s mission in August 2012, one month before the attack.

In the weeks that followed, Gen. Carter Ham, the head of Africa Command, twice asked Stevens to employ the team, and twice Stevens declined, the report said.

And as Hillary asked, "What difference does it make?" Read the facts, Obama called it a "terror attack" the next day. Repubs love to stroke themselves at any hint that Obama might even start approaching the ineptitude of Bush. In the end the repubs couldn't give a hoot about Christopher Stevens or the 3 workers. They just want to be right.

As for Christie? There was some talk that some factions in the G.O.P. would start pushing a candidate who had appeal as a no nonsense yet bipartisan alternative to the ultra, obstructionist idiots steering the G.O.P. right now. I didn't think Christie had much of a chance with the wacko tea party pushing the message. Now he's toast anyway.

Posted on: 2014/2/2 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Atsushi wrote:
I've been checking twitter with #bridgegate and a lot of people commenting on this.

Wait, you do not think that this question is legitimate?

I mean, - on one hand, we have some petty political crime of closing a traffic lane. On another we have wanton disregard for multiple requests for more security resulting in a death of a US Ambassador, and then we have two most senior members of the US government, the President and Secretary of State, blatantly lying to the people that it was about some video, in order to hide the fact that it was a terrorist attack, - before the elections.

And you do not find it curious that our media dedicated to the first story so much more attention than to the second one?

You do not think that it is a good question, why?

By the way, I've noticed some people discuss how it affects Christie's presidential aspirations. Can someone explain to me, - why did you think that he was a contender?

Posted on: 2014/2/2 3:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hey it's satire: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs ... es-up-with-new-story.html

TRENTON (The Borowitz Report)?Responding to fresh charges that he knew about the controversial lane closures on the George Washington Bridge last fall, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie today asked for the public?s patience while he makes up a new story.

?Today you have heard some allegations that are shocking and explosive,? he told reporters at a hastily called press conference. ?All I ask is that the people of the great state of New Jersey give me sufficient time to invent a new story that explains my way out of this.?

Governor Christie said that he had spent the past few hours in closed-door meetings trying to come up with a new narrative that absolves him of any guilt in the bridge scandal, but while he was definitely denying the allegations, ?so far, we don?t have a winner.?

?We?ve been tossing around everything from my not remembering events correctly to my having a bad reaction to medication,? he said. ?We even floated the idea of my being under too much pressure and having to ?blow off steam.? As I said, we don?t have a winner yet. But I want to reassure the people of New Jersey that I am working very hard on this.?

The Governor said he understood that ?things don?t look very good for me right now,? but he urged the public against rushing to judgment, adding, ?I will get back to you with a well-crafted and plausible story as soon as possible.?

Posted on: 2014/2/2 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the people should have retired menedez, the war-mongerer, ages ago..what has he menendez done for nj or the us except support endless wars

Posted on: 2014/2/1 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

I do not have cable....is Fox leading with a segment on Benghazi right now???

No, but the Star Ledger has assigned ten reporters to NJ Democrat Senators most recent ethics lapse, and they'll be saying he should resign if the allegations are true.

Because a year after he 'forgot' to re-imburse his tax evading Florida doctor friend he found out the Feds are still on him-so he for a second time 'remembered' the oversight of a another free private jet trip and ponied up.

Oopsie, the Star Ledger hasn't done that. Or even spent much time on how a sexual deviant who was an illegal alien went to work for Senator Menendez.

Gotta keep the eye on a traffic jam!

Posted on: 2014/2/1 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
who let dat dirty trash in trenton...now they're trying to destroy the career of our beloved governor. shame!

Posted on: 2014/2/1 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yup, Christie shit canned the guy for lying to him. It's what leaders do.

Remember Schundler and the Race to the Top? It's what Christie does, all right.

Posted on: 2014/2/1 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Whether we have direct evidence implicating Christie or not, it happened on his staff.. why would a staff member go rogue without his boss' approval? It doesn't make sense to stick your neck out like that for no reason..

Just like it would make absolutely no sense for Dawn to stick her arm in this wood chipper based on a lie and a doctored up journal. Wildstein is likely only the 1st to make an immunity deal.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

I do not have cable....is Fox leading with a segment on Benghazi right now???

Posted on: 2014/1/31 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Kind of ridiculous they make this announcement now given the timing. Now we have to wait in suspense all weekend? Why not just show us the "proof" now so we can be certain that Christie's finished. Or that this attorney is a liar.

This is like a cliffhanger in a TV show or something.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Sure It's crappy, and I'm sure I'd be more pissed if I were a commuter on that bridge.

But again, and I'd say the same thing if the governor was a Democrat, I'm mad at the people proven to be responsible. As of now, that's not Christie. When it is, I'll be pissed at him too.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
I do realize that this is a sad day for New Jersey. Yes, we need to examine the proof to be sure, but if it's true, think about it. Our governor purposely hurt the citizens and lied about it. What kind of governor is he? I'm angry, aren't you?

Whether we have direct evidence implicating Christie or not, it happened on his staff.. why would a staff member go rogue without his boss' approval? It doesn't make sense to stick your neck out like that for no reason..

Posted on: 2014/1/31 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Christie's Office Declines To Comment On Letter Saying He Knew About Closures

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

To be fair, let's give the guy a chance to defend himself.

No sitting politician would respond to a shaky claim by an attorney trying to run a case in the press, of course.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Second Christie Pal Invokes Fifth Amendment Rights

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrake ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yup, Christie shit canned the guy for lying to him. It's what leaders do.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Christie's Office Declines To Comment On Letter Saying He Knew About Closures

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

To be fair, let's give the guy a chance to defend himself.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Second Christie Pal Invokes Fifth Amendment Rights

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrake ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyr ... e.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

He knew. (Drudge Report headline. Not mine)

Why will Christie be resigning within 60 days? It's the coverup, stupid. Where's Martha Stewart when Christie needed her?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says

Wow.

Zegas also said, "evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference" last month.

Wow. Except at his 2 hour press conference he said he knew of the closings at the time. They were reported in the Bergen Record, and he was briefed at the time by his staff that it was a traffic study. Here's from the transcript

Q: But you can tell us that you do not authorize this kind of retribution.

GOV. CHRISTIE: Oh, absolutely not. No. And I knew nothing about this. And until it started to be reported in the papers about the closure, but even then I was told this was a traffic study. (The Bergen Record was reporting the tie-ups in real time during the four days).

And atty Zegas (whose brother I know, btw) left plenty of wiggle room in this lawyered up statement

'The charge, which was made in a letter sent by attorney Alan Zegas to the Port Authority, said Wildstein "contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some."

Inaccuracy of 'some'? Which ones? About what he said he had for breakfast one day that week?

Don't you think we'd have an email produced by Zegas linking Christie to Wildstein before or during the event if he had it?

Maybe Wildstein will produce a Zimmer-like diary next? Would we believe that too?

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Wow.

Zegas also said, "evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference" last month.

Wow. Except at his 2 hour press conference he said he knew of the closings at the time. They were reported in the Bergen Record, and he was briefed at the time by his staff that it was a traffic study. Here's from the transcript

Q: But you can tell us that you do not authorize this kind of retribution.

GOV. CHRISTIE: Oh, absolutely not. No. And I knew nothing about this. And until it started to be reported in the papers about the closure, but even then I was told this was a traffic study. (The Bergen Record was reporting the tie-ups in real time during the four days).

And atty Zegas (whose brother I know, btw) left plenty of wiggle room in this lawyered up statement

'The charge, which was made in a letter sent by attorney Alan Zegas to the Port Authority, said Wildstein "contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some."

Inaccuracy of 'some'? Which ones? About what he said he had for breakfast one day that week?

Don't you think we'd have an email produced by Zegas linking Christie to Wildstein before or during the event if he had it?

Maybe Wildstein will produce a Zimmer-like diary next? Would we believe that too?

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Sure It's crappy, and I'm sure I'd be more pissed if I were a commuter on that bridge.

But again, and I'd say the same thing if the governor was a Democrat, I'm mad at the people proven to be responsible. As of now, that's not Christie. When it is, I'll be pissed at him too.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
I do realize that this is a sad day for New Jersey. Yes, we need to examine the proof to be sure, but if it's true, think about it. Our governor purposely hurt the citizens and lied about it. What kind of governor is he? I'm angry, aren't you?

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
$650/hr for Chris' Attorney is Cheap!

don't tell me this is taxpayer money...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pol ... 494c9b19610cdf69cf70.html

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You're such a parrot. You prove every post I write about you. You need a hobby or a girlfriend/boyfriend, whatever gets your rocks off besides Maddow's buzzcut.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
....still waiting to see new evidence. This link just repeats the same thing that has been said all along: his staff knew.

Still waiting for the smoking gun. Hell, I'm sure he did know. But you all keep posting "proof" when it's all been hearsay and circumstantial.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Wow.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think he'll resign (or be forced out), but I think if this part has legs, he's out of serious contention for the GOP 2016 Pres. nomination.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
See? There is just no way that he didn't know. He lied. Should he still be the governor? I don't think so.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:02

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017