Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Thanks, Jersey City Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
It is the garbage collectors on the trucks are sloppy, it is the residents that refuse to properly tie bags up and it is the slobs raised like animals that just carelessly dispose of their garbage into the street and elsewhere. Just out west in six states, and barely ever saw garbage on the ground.

Posted on: 2017/6/12 18:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/12 3:28
Group:
Registered Users
Been a while since I posted but I do read this often.... I'm in the heights also, the slope. I planted 2 trees in front of my home and the garbage does pile up. Like clockwork, everyday before work and after work I start my litter patrol and clean up. I must add that I have witnessed the trash nightly pickup collected recklessly on several occasions contributing to the problem. And yes I have called public works to complain about it.

Posted on: 2017/6/10 1:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/12 22:40
From The Heights!
Group:
Registered Users
Tell me about it! I have a very full rose bush in a retaining wall about four and a half feet above the sidewalk and people brave the THORNS and the up and over reach to deposit their garbage under it.

I also have the added bonus of removing cat poop from it on a regular basis. JC's feral cat problem is real and overwhelming.

I've started storing my trash cans, one sans lid, closer to the sidewalk and accessible to passersby. I'm actually happy to see mysterious trash in there.

That doesn't of course help the trash that accumulates in my driveway deposited by the wind.... or my cat poop problems.

Posted on: 2017/6/9 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I believe keeping it clean creates an influence and will reduce the littering over time. I'm also an idiot, but I have to keep the hope alive somehow.

What cleans up the streets are considerate residents. When I moved Downton 17 yrs ago Newark Ave on weekends was a river of garbage. It was embarrassing to have people visit.

Now it's a river of vomit.

You are free to move as I did.

Posted on: 2017/6/8 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I believe keeping it clean creates an influence and will reduce the littering over time. I'm also an idiot, but I have to keep the hope alive somehow.

What cleans up the streets are considerate residents. When I moved Downton 17 yrs ago Newark Ave on weekends was a river of garbage. It was embarrassing to have people visit.

Now it's a river of vomit.

Posted on: 2017/6/8 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/8 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I've never understood why people think tossing garbage into someone's planter is better than just tossing it into the street. I get tons of it.

Beautifying the streetscape is a thankless task. The dwarf cherry trees are a terrible street tree because they can't grow high enough to clear the trucks. At least trucks don't mean to tear the branches off our trees, I planted a clematis vine in front and it climbed up a full floor before some asshole tore it all down. Those who can't create destroy.

Posted on: 2017/6/7 16:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Keep fighting the good fight. Took downtown quite a while, the Heights is at least 5 years behind.

Posted on: 2017/6/7 12:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/7 3:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/29 4:32
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This is the place for ranting; dont feel bad! Just curious, do you have a block or neighborhood organization? It might be somewhat helpful to have a meeting with your neighbors once a month or even once a quarter to discuss problems and come up with some solutions. Im sorry you are picking up after pigs, but its like the broken window theory. The better a block looks, the less likely people are going to feel entitled to trash it.

Posted on: 2017/6/7 3:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/8 14:46
Group:
Registered Users
The amount of trash in the Heights is bananas! We also pick up trash from our front area constantly. We just don't understand why it always seems to pile up.

But from one Heights neighbor to another - thank you! We also planted a tree in front when we moved in. Anything to hide the millions of power lines.....

Posted on: 2017/6/7 2:39

Thanks, Jersey City Heights
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/16 13:02
Group:
Registered Users
Glad I spent time and money to plant a tree in front of my house. Why? So I can pick up your garbage out of the tree pit every day. Extra happy that sometimes you throw your dog poop in there, too.

Today, I was really happy to come home and see that several branches were torn off of my young tree. (Maybe a large truck parked here, but still.)

Also happy -- every day -- to pull your garbage out of the front garden I maintain. Maybe it would be better for me to pull all the flowers and plants out, pave it, and put in an illegal driveway (like a neighbor a block away just did). That would solve storm runoff and parking problems, right?

(Sorry for the rant. But feels futile to try to make it a nicer block.)

Posted on: 2017/6/7 2:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017