Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey Journal Poll: Would Jersey City Councilman Michael Yun make a good mayor?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
I have been to a number of community meetings with Michael Yun and I would support him. He reliably has questioned the tax abatements that developers continue to get in the waterfront and downtown areas. He also hosted a meeting questioning many points regarding funding of the "hub" -- where JC would end up contributing heftily to the construction costs as well as rent and maintenance even if construction falls behind schedule. He also has made himself very available to Heights residents at all times and has personally assisted with several quality of life and recreational issues in the area.

I think he would bring some common sense the the city. Let him shake things up.

So, if you haven't guessed, Michael's got my vote if he does run. If he has houses elsewhere, I don't care because he has made himself accessible to residents in his ward. Hell, Fulop bought a house in the Heights but he hasn't done anything notable to improve the area.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 17:09

Re: Jersey Journal Poll: Would Jersey City Councilman Michael Yun make a good mayor?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I live in his district, but have no impression of him - anytime he gets in the press, it's usually about budget issues. What is his vision for Jersey City? Has he spoken on regional transportation issues, modernizing the outdated zoning in the Heights, improving our parks?

Posted on: 2016/6/23 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
How does anyone here knows where he lives? Please give some evidence. If not then you are spreading political rumor.

That's funny.... when you make wild accusations or claims, you expect people to accept and believe them, or to otherwise prove you wrong. Now people are making claims about Yun's residency and you expect them to prove it, which goes against your previous stand and style.

So, tell us Yvonne, on whom is the onus placed?? The ones making claims? Or, the other ones?? If the former, as everyone keeps pointing out to you, you are saying you have been a hypocrite all along. If on the latter, then you are being a hypocrite now. Which one is it?

Posted on: 2016/6/23 16:44

Edited by bodhipooh on 2016/6/23 17:07:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/27 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
How does anyone here knows where he lives? Please give some evidence. If not then you are spreading political rumor.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I can't give Yun any more of a pass than I would anyone else who may live outside city limits. If his family is living in a big house in (Montville??) and he's got an apt over his store in the Heights-I'm not buying it.
well, I guess if he's not going to abide by the residency requirement, frack him.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I can't give Yun any more of a pass than I would anyone else who may live outside city limits. If his family is living in a big house in (Montville??) and he's got an apt over his store in the Heights-I'm not buying it.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
sure, i'd possibly vote for him but a lot depends on other candidates ad prevailing issues. i would not exclude him because of his english language skills

Posted on: 2016/6/23 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So we have had mayors who use the English language well and what did we get? Higher taxes, more debt, and more bodies working in City Hall.
My first city hall budget hearing sometime in the mid 1970s. The budget was $90 million, it took 300 years to get to that number. Now, 40 years later $553 million.

You're right, there must be a correlation between command of the English language and political incompetence.

You're right, there must be. Unfortunately, too many people worry about the unimportant issues. I don't know who I will vote for but understanding how to cut the budget is larger than speaking English well. When Healy left office, the public had to worry about $67 million for terminal leave. Now it is up to $117 million. I want to know how the next administration will address this problem, I could not care the English language. Fulop is not funding this, yet under his tenure he is allowing this obligation to grow.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
My first city hall budget hearing sometime in the mid 1970s. The budget was $90 million, it took 300 years to get to that number. Now, 40 years later $553 million.

CPI adjusted $90m in 1975= $402m today. So only a 37% actual increase. And that's not getting into the question of whether there's line items today that weren't even in the city budget then.

This is classic hyperbole. Look what happened to the federal budget after the New Deal!! OMG!!! The only question is whether we get what we pay for.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 23:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So we have had mayors who use the English language well and what did we get? Higher taxes, more debt, and more bodies working in City Hall.

You're right, there must be a correlation between command of the English language and political incompetence.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/22 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The man cannot effectively communicate his views using the English language. I would think that would be a primary reason he would not be a good mayor.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you own a summer home, you also pay taxes there. Where you receive your mail, is where you reside. Many people will ask the township where their summer home resides to forward their tax bill to their permanent home address. Some people invest in JC, their tax bill is forward not to their investment address but where they reside. Your mail tells more about your residence than your tax bill.

It makes sense, you can only be registered to vote in one location and during the Hurricane Sandy insurance payouts the government only acknowledged primary homes not summer homes.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 20:21
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
I CAN TELL PEOPLE TO MAIL ME AT WHATEVER ADDRESS I WISH!! THERE IS NO LEGAL PROHIBITION FROM RECEIVING MAIL ANYWHERE.

(Maybe the shouting will get through? Maybe?)

Posted on: 2016/6/22 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you own a summer home, you also pay taxes there. Where you receive your mail, is where you reside. Many people will ask the township where their summer home resides to forward their tax bill to their permanent home address. Some people invest in JC, their tax bill is forward not to their investment address but where they reside. Your mail tells more about your residence than your tax bill.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 16:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
A person live where they receive his/her mail. So ask the mail carrier if he gets mail. According to the newspaper, he lives in an apartment above his former store. In the meanwhile, many JC politicians have summer homes and no one questions their residency.

That is one of the most idiotic things that you've ever posted. If true, it would be a huge loophole for proving residency.

So idiotic I had to login and post.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
A person live where they receive his/her mail. So ask the mail carrier if he gets mail. According to the newspaper, he lives in an apartment above his former store. In the meanwhile, many JC politicians have summer homes and no one questions their residency.

That is one of the most idiotic things that you've ever posted. If true, it would be a huge loophole for proving residency.

Exactly - there's a reason the tax man has a more stringent requirement than "where you receive the mail"

Posted on: 2016/6/22 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
I get mail in four places. Where do I live?

Hmm.., perhaps the FBI should be investigating you.

And perhaps Bellevue should be investigating you

Posted on: 2016/6/22 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/22 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:

Hmm.., perhaps the FBI should be investigating you.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/22 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/22 14:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/1 10:50
From Willmington, DE
Group:
Registered Users
DOES YUM REALLY EVEN RESIDE IN JERSEY CITY?

Posted on: 2016/6/22 13:50

Jersey Journal Poll: Would Jersey City Councilman Michael Yun make a good mayor?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... man_michael_yun_make.html

Resized Image

Poll: Would Jersey City Councilman Michael Yun make a good mayor?

The Jersey Journal
June 08, 2016

While voters were heading to the polls yesterday, Jersey City Councilman Michael Yun was thinking ahead to 2017.

According to an invitation, Yun supporters were gathering last night in Fort Lee to raise money for Yun's possible mayoral bid, The Jersey Journal reported yesterday.

Attendees at restaurant Poong Lim B.B.Q. were being asked to donate between $250 and $2,600 at the event.

The invite calls his possible mayoral candidacy a "new beginning."

Yun, 62, a Jersey City Heights businessman who became the city's first Korean-born member of the City Council in 2013, confirmed he is mulling a mayoral run, but is not yet ready to declare himself a candidate.

He is one of two council members who aren't allies of Mayor Steve Fulop.

Yun has been critical of the administration's policy on tax abatements.

The next mayoral race is in May 2017. If voters approve a referendum in November backed by Fulop, city elections will move to November 2017.

Fulop is likely running for governor in 2017.

Would Yun make a good mayor for Jersey City?

CLICK LINK TO VOTE -- and to see results.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... man_michael_yun_make.html

Posted on: 2016/6/8 17:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017