Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Beware! Amazon's new delivery service leaves packages
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ka5ia wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ka5ia wrote:
If it's a UPS delivery (which all of my Amazon packages are either UPS, USPS, or Lasership), you can just make an account with UPS and download the app to your phone, which will let you indicate if you'd like the delivery person to leave the package, where you want him/her to leave it, and sign for it.

Even better UPS now uses Access Point. This complaint, however, has nothing to do with UPS. You're lucky if you haven't gotten delivery with their private messengers yet. They're all over downtown, 7 days/week.

Yeah, I'm unfamiliar with their private messengers. As I mentioned, all of my Amazon packages are with UPS, USPS, or Lasership. Even when I order for one of my friends who lives in Downtown Manhattan (I have Prime and he doesn't), his packages are usually UPS or USPS.

According to the woman I spoke to (if you want t assume she knows what she was talking about), shipment is the luck of the draw based on what warehouse it is coming from. And if you have a few things in your shipment that are being collected at one warehouse from other ones (or something like that?) that changes things, too. I don't understand their system but it's all decided automatically.

Posted on: 2015/6/30 1:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/12 4:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ka5ia wrote:
If it's a UPS delivery (which all of my Amazon packages are either UPS, USPS, or Lasership), you can just make an account with UPS and download the app to your phone, which will let you indicate if you'd like the delivery person to leave the package, where you want him/her to leave it, and sign for it.

Even better UPS now uses Access Point. This complaint, however, has nothing to do with UPS. You're lucky if you haven't gotten delivery with their private messengers yet. They're all over downtown, 7 days/week.

Yeah, I'm unfamiliar with their private messengers. As I mentioned, all of my Amazon packages are with UPS, USPS, or Lasership. Even when I order for one of my friends who lives in Downtown Manhattan (I have Prime and he doesn't), his packages are usually UPS or USPS.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ka5ia wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/29 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ka5ia wrote:

I am a big fan of the UPS MyUPS and MyChoice services. You can get alerts when packages enter the system, and you can manage their delivery (including having packages kept at the local distribution center, where you can pick them up yourself) and it is free to join.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 15:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Amazon has been doing this for quite a while now. I recall my packages getting just dropped off at the door since January. Despite living in what many on this board likes to believe is a ghetto, I've never had any packages stolen or come up missing...

Same here. I live in Greenville and never had an issues with my packages.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 15:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/29 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I got a follow up email from amazon ("how'd we do?") and when I wrote back to tell them they summed up the complaint all wrong they said they can't do anything about how it ships despite what I was told initially.

I guess it'll take lots of returned undeliverable packages to teach them.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
I've been having problems with UPS as they ring the buzzer when I am home and then are gone once I get downstairs with a note left on the door which is F*$%ing ridiculous. I asked Amazon to never ship anything UPS to me and they said they can't do anything about who delivers it. Seems like some pretty inconsistent info. from them

Posted on: 2015/6/26 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I got a call mid-day from a delivery company that they were outside my bldg with a package from Amazon. Poor guy seemed frazzled that I wasn't home - but come on, really? It's 2pm on a work day! Anyway, I called amazon to try to explain why this doesn't work in urban areas (no front porch generally, no building access, no front yards to distance stoop from street, etc.) and they absolutely didn't understand.

When UPS introduced "access point" I thought all of my delivery complications would be over. But now that Amazon doesn't use just UPS/USPS it's a whole new headache.

Amazon claims they've updated my profile to ship only USPS/UPS but I'm pretty hesitant to believe that will actually pan out.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have witnessed and helped apprehend package thieves in the past. Some were hellbent on stealing everything in sight and others were definitely lured in by the "easy pickings." In either case they both went to jail. If I didn't have a secure area I definitely would avoid getting deliveries. It still amazes me how often I see stuff just sitting out in the open. If it ain't the drug addicts then it's going to be the bored school kids stealing your stuff.

Without fail, every time packages come up, we are reminded that you are our real life batman.

There are newbies who don't know how awesome I am.

best response. Cheers

Agreed! This could have devolved into another JCLIST train wreck. Well, there is still time.

Posted on: 2015/6/10 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have witnessed and helped apprehend package thieves in the past. Some were hellbent on stealing everything in sight and others were definitely lured in by the "easy pickings." In either case they both went to jail. If I didn't have a secure area I definitely would avoid getting deliveries. It still amazes me how often I see stuff just sitting out in the open. If it ain't the drug addicts then it's going to be the bored school kids stealing your stuff.

Without fail, every time packages come up, we are reminded that you are our real life batman.

best response. Cheers

Posted on: 2015/6/10 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
You forgot to mention for how many years the dogwalkers have kept the park safe for us all! Newbies might not be aware of that.

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/6/10 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/10 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/10 17:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/14 16:28
Group:
Registered Users
Fedex does this all the time. Won't even ring the doorbell to let me know my package is sitting outside, rain or shine.

Posted on: 2015/6/10 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Amazon has been doing this for quite a while now. I recall my packages getting just dropped off at the door since January. Despite living in what many on this board likes to believe is a ghetto, I've never had any packages stolen or come up missing...

+1 Never had an issue.

Posted on: 2015/6/9 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/9 17:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe this is the result of the new drone delivery system.

Posted on: 2015/6/9 8:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2015/6/9 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

erstrecs wrote:

for the Sunday deliveries, they often just lie on the USPS tracking system. they have promised Amazon two-day delivery, but they're often not capable of doing that for whatever reason, so they mark in the system that they attempted delivery on Sunday (even though they haven't) and then they actually deliver it on Monday.

I've had this experience at least half a dozen times, it's annoying and confusing, but the packages aren't lost, at least in my experience.

You're right!!! I got my package today!!! EIGHT days after it was suppose to be delivered.

Better late than never? Ummm, I'm not sure...

Posted on: 2015/6/9 0:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/12 12:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Also beware of the USPS's sunday deliveries. I have two packages lost from amazon in the last 1.5 months (one from mid april, and one at end of May). Both were marked "delivered" in tracking, both were supposed to be "delivered" on sunday. But of course, no trace of them found when I get home. Something is very wrong when one of the tracking status has details that says "package left with receptionist or front desk person." Well, I live in small brownstone building, and we have no front desk or receptionist.

I went to the USPS office on wednesday, and the very nice manager told me that on sundays, they have a rotating staff of delivery men from other locations (such as bergen, etc) to help out (so the local folks can take a day off), and they have had a lot of issues recently (I'm shocked that they noticed!). However, the only thing they could do was report to the Post master - I guess that means the USPS black hole (just like the PATH black hole).

Recipients beware!!!

for the Sunday deliveries, they often just lie on the USPS tracking system. they have promised Amazon two-day delivery, but they're often not capable of doing that for whatever reason, so they mark in the system that they attempted delivery on Sunday (even though they haven't) and then they actually deliver it on Monday.

I've had this experience at least half a dozen times, it's annoying and confusing, but the packages aren't lost, at least in my experience.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
[quote]

He's practicing so he can work for the Post Office.

Years back in Maryland, my brother saw what turned out to be a mailbag, sitting in woods next to the parking lot he was in. He collected the bag and turned it into the local post office.

It turns out the USPS had hired temporary carriers to handle the holiday mail rush. Some of the temps were disposing of the mail bags instead of delivering the mail.

A few days later, my brother received some water damaged Christmas cards. Turns out his mail was also in that bag.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
[
I have been doing the email option and they have been responding. Last night we had another delivery that was marked as 'delivered and signed for at door'. Nobody rang the bell. Again.. this is Amazon's own service.

I suspect they may just have a crappy delivery guy on this route. When he runs late, he just marks stuff as 'delivered'.

He's practicing so he can work for the Post Office.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 12:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

eighthst wrote:
Another option is to call Amazon directly at 866-216-1072.

I have been doing the email option and they have been responding. Last night we had another delivery that was marked as 'delivered and signed for at door'. Nobody rang the bell. Again.. this is Amazon's own service.

I suspect they may just have a crappy delivery guy on this route. When he runs late, he just marks stuff as 'delivered'.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 12:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
As a nonPrime, I find it frustrating that there's no way to know where an item is being shipped from. Using basic shipping, some come in a day or 2 from the local warehouse, some come from CA or such.

I think I've posted this before, but if you're in a multiunit with a buzz door strike, there's intercom entry systems that work through your phone lines that allow you to program entry codes for deliveries. My regular UPS guy just lets himself in using his code and leaves the stuff in the lobby. It's actually a little annoying he won't even buzz just to let me know he's delivered.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 1:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/14 0:19
Group:
Registered Users
Another option is to call Amazon directly at 866-216-1072.

The representative can submit a "carrier update" to Amazon Logistics, making them aware of the delivery issue(s). The process takes less than 5 minutes.

They're pretty responsive and seem very willing to have this corrected, but they don't know how much of a problem it is unless they receive direct feedback.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I always leave my outside doors unlocked during the day - they are the historic district mandated sort and afford no security, and all my packages are left inside or the delivery guy moves the plant at the top of the stoop to hide a small package.

Posted on: 2015/6/7 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not a big fan of Amazon using this third party delivery (and it's not just for prime, btw). But - and I don't mean to imply that you, I, or anybody else should tolerate the inconvenience when this happens - enough packages get lost and they'll change their process. That might be what it takes, unfortunately.

That being said, on Saturday I got a phone call from an Amazon delivery guy who said he was at my front door. That was impressive in and of itself. I was 2 minutes away and he had no problem waiting for me to get home. So, three stars ON THIS OCCASION.

I think, at a minimum, you should be told at the time of ordering how item will ship so that you can plan accordingly (may use different address, may not order, etc.).

Posted on: 2015/6/7 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Also beware of the USPS's sunday deliveries. I have two packages lost from amazon in the last 1.5 months (one from mid april, and one at end of May). Both were marked "delivered" in tracking, both were supposed to be "delivered" on sunday. But of course, no trace of them found when I get home. Something is very wrong when one of the tracking status has details that says "package left with receptionist or front desk person." Well, I live in small brownstone building, and we have no front desk or receptionist.

I went to the USPS office on wednesday, and the very nice manager told me that on sundays, they have a rotating staff of delivery men from other locations (such as bergen, etc) to help out (so the local folks can take a day off), and they have had a lot of issues recently (I'm shocked that they noticed!). However, the only thing they could do was report to the Post master - I guess that means the USPS black hole (just like the PATH black hole).

Recipients beware!!!

Posted on: 2015/6/7 21:17

Beware! Amazon's new delivery service leaves packages
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently Amazon has been developing its own delivery service. They left a package at my front door on Thursday. Of course it was gone by the time I got home from work. I complained to customer service that they can't leave packages (it ain't the suburbs). Amazon sent out a replacement scheduled for delivery today.

Amazon's service did the same thing again. They didn't even bother ringing the bell. Only reason the package didn't disappear was my wife got a delivery alert on her phone. She found the package sitting on the steps.

Just giving anyone who uses Amazon Prime a heads up. Especially if you order something that is worth some $$$$.

Posted on: 2015/6/7 19:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017