Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
26 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 26

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Pretty sure police bullets harm the black community.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:50
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2018/3/5 19:18
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4122
Offline
Maybe we should look at how we have native indians enforce their own to achieve harmony.

A policy of ratio policing - the less racial diversity in a community the more policing personal from that community might work !

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2909
Offline
The choice is between focusing on issues that actually harm the black community and those that are far less pressing.

Newark had to declare a state of emergency because blacks are slaughtering other blacks in the street, a common occurrence around the country. That truly harms the black community, including those who are killed, their families, and the bystanders who have to live in such a hellhole.

Try telling the race baiting morons that though.


Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:46
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Uh, yeah Brains, because the only choice between having an institutionally racist, trigger happy, militarized police force is to have no police force at all.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:40
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2909
Offline
Barkley's words do not speak to a legal issue, so his legal background is irrelevant.

He raises the right questions. Some people like to say that the cops are a problem for the black community but what would their neighborhoods look like if the cops stopped patrolling all together? Obviously, anyone including Barkley knows it would be pure anarchy, but since this doesn't fit in with the racist narrative some are running with, they choose to ignore this.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:34
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2018/3/5 19:18
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4122
Offline
I think webmaster should review and / or delete any responses that doesn't directly relate to the question - JERSEY CITY prepares for decision ... so just what has JC done to prepare as anything else is off topic?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Ah yes, from the people who rejected former prosecutor Nancy Grace's opinion, the thoughts of one of our greatest legal minds Charles Barkley.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:30
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
Yeah me too, nowadays - but I was relating to history. Therein lies the problem - there is a varied history of police misconduct, behavior and mentality and corruption.

So let's say 95% of cops are "good" what about the 5%?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:26
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 788
Offline
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
you still don't get it right? have You ever been harassed by the Police for no particular reason? have you been stopped and frisked for going about your daily business such as going to and from work? no? then Shut The Fuck Up because you have no Fucking say in this space.

This event is the culmination of opinions from Idiots like you that take these events in a vacuum like they exist without context.


Why no, mostly because I don't look like I'm particularly likely to have committed a crime. I show up to work in a suit, drive a nice car, and generally look respectable. Now, if I were black I would always dress extra nicely to set myself apart from the part of the community that is responsible for much of the crime in the community. If you're angered that young, black males happen to fit a lot of wanted posters, perhaps the police aren't the people to blame.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:21
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2909
Offline
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Former NBA star Charles Barkley called Ferguson looters 'scumbags' and said that 'key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson’s story.'

http://news.yahoo.com/why-charles-bar ... y-decision-163736319.html


Look what he also said, coincidentally enough:

“[W]e have to be really careful with the cops, because if it wasn’t for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods," he said. "We can’t pick out certain incidentals that don’t go our way and act like the cops are all bad.... Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn't for the cops?”

A shame the ignorant race baiters won't listen to the common sense coming out of his mouth.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:20
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/2/6 0:52
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 276
Offline
Former NBA star Charles Barkley called Ferguson looters 'scumbags' and said that 'key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson’s story.'

http://news.yahoo.com/why-charles-bar ... y-decision-163736319.html

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:18
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
you still don't get it right? have You ever been harassed by the Police for no particular reason? have you been stopped and frisked for going about your daily business such as going to and from work? no? then Shut The Fuck Up because you have no Fucking say in this space.

This event is the culmination of opinions from Idiots like you that take these events in a vacuum like they exist without context.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:13
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2909
Offline
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
you are wrong, man, on many levels. you're White, right? just like Monroe, or that nygravy guy - you think we're really assimilated on some level, even in downtown JC (heck i think that Monroe guy doesn't even live in JC he's just a poser) but when shit like this happens? people that gets harassed all their lives for no reason gets fucking pissed. and if you don't get it, you are part of the problem


What you need to get is that black on black crime is a FAR danger to the black community than police treatment of black people. Let alone the 70% of babies born to single mothers bit.

Also, we've seen how many murders black people commit against other blacks with the police trying to do their jobs. What do you think would happen if the "racist" police decided to leave black communities alone? There would be a peaceful utopia?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:09
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
If you didn't understand the problem which culminated in this event, then you the the classic "Nigger" (or maybe "White Nigger") as the dictionary implies. Why? because you do not understand the problem.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
you don't get it dude, it's a Tribal thing - we can kill each other but you cannot kill one of us. which part of that do you not understand? what is your race and where do you come from?


Sorry, we aren't in Africa, we don't do "Tribal things." (Unless you are drawing an analogy between the perpetually warring tribes in Africa and the constant street gang violence here.)

It's a hypocrite thing, and a stupid thing.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:06
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
you are wrong, man, on many levels. you're White, right? just like Monroe, or that nygravy guy - you think we're really assimilated on some level, even in downtown JC (heck i think that Monroe guy doesn't even live in JC he's just a poser) but when shit like this happens? people that gets harassed all their lives for no reason gets fucking pissed. and if you don't get it, you are part of the problem

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:57
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[quote]


Sorry, we aren't in Africa, we don't do "Tribal things."


Cretin.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:54
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 788
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
The reason those procedures exist is for establishing certain elements of the crime.

That is patently false which, in turn, negates everything you've written past it.

Those procedures exist because in the immediate aftermath of what occurred, nobody knows what happened. Nobody showing up at the scene should automatically take the word of the policeman and just cease all procedures.

I'm rather befuddled why you would just throw out standard procedure (as pointed out by the FBI and DOJ) simply because the officer says "It's a good shooting."

Does a cop go home after a car accident if he just says "it wasn't my fault?" Think back to the accident where the officer killed someone in JC. Now go back and rethink your entire argument.


Ok, apparently I'm not being clear enough or you're being deliberately obtuse. Or perhaps I'm assuming too much of non-lawyers, though I note that other lay people are getting it. The job of the prosecution, in prosecuting a case, is to prove every element of the crime being alleged. That is it. If they have done that, then they win. If they fail in that, then they lose. The elements we're discussing were never in doubt or question. There is little point in testing forensics on the gun when everyone at the scene says "yeah, DW shot him." There is no point in testing the blood when everyone agrees that it was MB's. I have absolutely no idea what you think that would have accomplished. You say it is atypical, but this wasn't remotely a typical case. The only real question that was at play was whether DW was being attacked by MB. That is all. None of what you raised in any way addressed that.


Quote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
And no, he shouldn't have been indicted, because even the low probable cause standard wasn't met. It was a stupid case and no one involved seriously thought that DW was guilty of a crime, including the prosecutor. And let me tell you, when you're a lawyer and you're watching this crap you get a headache because you know that this is politics and not the criminal justice system.

Why shouldn't he have been indicted? The prosecutor had enough evidence to do so. He could have selected the evidence that made the case (as Scalia has argued) and gone ahead with it. Instead, he chose not to. Instead, the guy has a history of being cop friendly (his dad is one) and will never prosecute them.

That is another factor that goes towards the poor decisions in this case. Why use a guy with a clear bias?


He should not have been indicted because no one in their right mind believes that there was probable cause to believe that the alleged crime was committed and because a jury agreed. The prosecutor behaved in an appropriate manner given the circumstances - he presented all of the evidence to a grand jury and allowed them to make a determination. They decided against indictment, which is entirely predictable and even the MB family legal team expected it.


Quote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The false meme of 'hands up, don't shoot' has now turned to 'pants up, don't loot'. Everyone but those idiots on the St. Louis Rams seems to get it now.


Resized Image


May or may not have charged Wilson. May or may not have had his hands up.


The numbers there don't seem to comport with the chart you posted below: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3Z0jWgCcAAxnjK.jpg#twimg (though, they appear to modify the questions slightly. The original PBS chart is more meaningful.)

But yes, testimony was massively differing. Sufficiently differing that it is reasonable for a jury to conclude that no probable cause existed for charging a cop with killing MB under the circumstances presented.

I don’t disagree. However, I must ask, why would they use so many witnesses instead of just selecting the ones that fit the narrative?


I don't understand, why do you comment on these matters, particularly with such assurance, when you have NO IDEA what is going on? The prosecutor in this case was putting the question to the grand jury. The prosecutor, seeking to balance the interests of the state in avoiding a pointless trial and not pissing off the police, on one hand, and giving MB a fair and complete chance at justice, INTELLIGENTLY, decided to present all of the evidence. How does this make anything other that total sense?

FYI - as an ethical matter, prosecutors are not supposed to charge people with crimes they don't believe they committed. This is actually a pretty smart way around that issue for a prosecutor that, like most other lawyers, realized that it was bullsh!t. And it was BS, which is, of course, why neither this verdict nor the George Zimmerman verdict was a surprise to anyone in the legal community.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:52
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2909
Offline
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
you don't get it dude, it's a Tribal thing - we can kill each other but you cannot kill one of us. which part of that do you not understand? what is your race and where do you come from?


Sorry, we aren't in Africa, we don't do "Tribal things." (Unless you are drawing an analogy between the perpetually warring tribes in Africa and the constant street gang violence here.)

It's a hypocrite thing, and a stupid thing.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:51
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
Well, it's true there are more motherfucking white scum racists in the south than there is in Jersey City, no?

Oh, and you thanking god for it, fucking Priceless

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:44
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
ignorant motherfucking white scums in the south live a good life. Okay?


Thank god we always have examples to cite that black folks can be racist, bigoted assholes too!
#equality

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:41
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
you don't get it dude, it's a Tribal thing - we can kill each other but you cannot kill one of us. which part of that do you not understand? what is your race and where do you come from?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:40
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2909
Offline
Remember, #BlackLivesMatter, except when they are slaughtering each other in the streets. Then you don't hear a peep from the race-baiters or the media.

Baraka says Newark in 'state of emergency' after bloody holiday weekend

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/201 ... ekend.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:35
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
I saw some recent crazy BS about SWAT teams (Black Ops in some wacko's minds) setting car fires. There is even a video where voila, we never actually see any car burning. I have also seen a new controversy about how far Brown was from the Police Cruiser when he was shot. "THE COPS LIED! HE WASN'T 35 Feet AWAY! IT WAS ACTUALLY 150 FEET!" That's good because it completely destroys the sworn testimony of one of the "eyewitnesses" who claimed that Wilson executed Brown in the street right next to the Police Cruiser. That's, of course, after Brown told his friend to "Run for your life" and put his hands up while he knelt in the street. It's obvious by now that the actual facts don't seem to matter to those who have taken off running with their own self-serving agendas.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:28
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1013
Offline
Here's the lesson learned here - we can disregard 200 years of abuse and 150 years of police brutality and harassment. Note to colored people (like myself) obey the law, study hard, become a doctor, banker or lawyer and make more money than those racist pig cops and ignorant motherfucking white scums in the south live a good life. Okay?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:27
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Quote:
Rorschach wrote: Quote:
Monroe wrote: The Grand Jurors, who had every bit of evidence (including the testimony of Wilson, who could have refused to testify) decided the evidence wasn't enough to indict. Period.
As someone who doesn't agree with Monroe on much I agree that this PC outrage over Michael Brown is out of control. The guy had a criminal record and robbed a store ! We will never know the real story on the interaction between Brown and Wilson. But all this wringing of hands for a thief who refused to follow the orders of a police officer is ridiculous. Trayvon Martin's death was a tragedy. This incident doesn't reach that level.
Agreed. All this hub bub over the wrong person. Not a role model. Not a stand up citizen. A low life. Yet little to no outrage over the 12 year old that got blasted by the police. So many useful idiots it's hard to count.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:06
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/2/6 0:52
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 276
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Grand Jurors, who had every bit of evidence (including the testimony of Wilson, who could have refused to testify) decided the evidence wasn't enough to indict. Period.


As someone who doesn't agree with Monroe on much I agree that this PC outrage over Michael Brown is out of control. The guy had a criminal record and robbed a store ! We will never know the real story on the interaction between Brown and Wilson. But all this wringing of hands for a thief who refused to follow the orders of a police officer is ridiculous.

Trayvon Martin's death was a tragedy. This incident doesn't reach that level.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 0:48
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2018/3/5 19:18
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4122
Offline
Resized Image


Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/12/2 0:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
Yesterday 23:48
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4438
Offline
The Grand Jurors, who had every bit of evidence (including the testimony of Wilson, who could have refused to testify) decided the evidence wasn't enough to indict. Period.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 0:34
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
12/17 22:00
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1907
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Forensics don't lie. No one has said the crime scene was tampered with. If Brown tried to get Wilson's gun, there doesn't have to be prints on the gun to prove it-he may not have gotten close enough to get it.

Face it, it comes down to the thug Brown attempting to get to the cop-after he just robbed and assaulted a Yemeni store owner-while he was high on drugs. It ended badly, because he was stupid.

I didn't say that the forensics were wrong. I don't know why you, like the others, are so damn insistent on arguing something that nobody is arguing.

As to your second paragraph, Wilson claimed that Brown's hand was on the gun and that Wilson did not have control over it. This could mean it was held down or it could mean that Brown was nearly able to take it away. In any case, the officer claimed that Brown tried to take the gun and no evidence was provided to back up this claim.

Finally, I don't believe that Brown was remotely intelligent regarding his actions on the date. From the theft to the interaction with the officer. However, it's established that Wilson lied on the stand. I have no doubt that he likely lied about other aspects of the case. Could this be as innocuous as the words he used in asking Brown to get out of the street? Could this be something more severe such as Wilson continuing to fire while Brown was dropping to the ground? Nobody actually knows.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 0:06
Dos A Cero
Top


Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
Yesterday 23:48
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4438
Offline
Forensics don't lie. No one has said the crime scene was tampered with. If Brown tried to get Wilson's gun, there doesn't have to be prints on the gun to prove it-he may not have gotten close enough to get it.

Face it, it comes down to the thug Brown attempting to get to the cop-after he just robbed and assaulted a Yemeni store owner-while he was high on drugs. It ended badly, because he was stupid.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 23:48
Top




« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017