Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City cop.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't locked either of my cars when I'm home in the last eleven years. Thats why very few of us are still living in the city. It sucks living there. Savages running rampant, can't have anything nice, play music and the person living in the box upstairs is compaining, be worried sick when your kids go out, filth everywhere etc....The burbs are where its at if you enjoy family life. Yesterday a cop drove through my development and caused a near panic with the neighbors. That was the first time we ever had a cop drive through the "hood." Enjoy the trendy urban lifestyle paying $2500 rent for an 800 sf apartment. Very astute. Brilliant actually. BTW, if you can still pick up police channels on a scanner we have a huge problem. The new radio system that patrol guys absolutely hate allegedly transmits at frequencies too high to be read by a scanner.

Posted on: 2010/5/8 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SalMonella wrote:
Here you go, time for all you whiny community activist types to put your money where your mouth is.

http://www.state.nj.us/csc/FAQS/public_safety/law_enforcement.htm

Come on. Don't be so indignant.

Is it really so "whiny" when taxpayers resent laziness from public servants? If my councilman or my teacher or my librarian or DPW guy was snoozing on the clock, I would be upset with that as well. Anyone who respects the police as professionals should be upset.

P.S. Lots of folks could not, should not apply to be cops. That prooves nothing. And they're still allowed to be critical of cops who snooze on the job or waste city resources on the zucchini patrol.

Posted on: 2010/5/8 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Minnie wrote:
God forbid... but if I were ever to be carried out of a burning building, I would want it to be by someone that could carry my weight. I can?t speak for other woman, but I know that I could not carry 100 plus pounds down a flight of stairs. I understand discrimination laws are necessary (to some degree) but lowering job and safety standards may be a problem, depending on the job.

Whats the difference with those requirements exists, a police officer needs to only take them once, when becoming a cop. After that its donuts and the AC.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
One thing I certainly have noticed about the JCPD. They have got to be the oldest, most out of shape police force I have ever seen. And the ones that I have conversed with do not leave me with the impression that they give a damn about the neighborhood. When my car got broken into a couple weeks ago, I was told with shrugged shoulders, that it wasn't the crime of the century. And that besides filing the report, nothing could or would be done.

And you're surprised at this. How many years have you lived here in J.C. ? Try not to push the envelope, just accept it.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:

When my car got broken into a couple weeks ago, I was told with shrugged shoulders, that it wasn't the crime of the century. And that besides filing the report, nothing could or would be done.

I've been told similar things when filing police reports.... but I also know that it is up to me to push the issue further.

The officer may have been talking from past experience and had similar cases that didn't go anywhere. But we don't know why they didn't go anywhere. Perhaps the person(s) didn't pursue the matter, or didn't have enough evidence to support a case.

After doing some research, if I felt that I had enough evidence to support a case (pictures, documents, witness'), I can assure you that I would proceed to do everything in my power to prosecute, regardless of other people's opinions.

I would put up signs, asking if anyone witnessed the break-in and talk to neighbors around the area your car was parked. Do everything, before doing nothing. Chances are, the person that broke into your car will come back to the neighborhood again and target another car.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:

Liberal courts and politicians struck down any weight/height requirements as discriminatory.

God forbid... but if I were ever to be carried out of a burning building, I would want it to be by someone that could carry my weight. I can?t speak for other woman, but I know that I could not carry 100 plus pounds down a flight of stairs. I understand discrimination laws are necessary (to some degree) but lowering job and safety standards may be a problem, depending on the job.

I don?t want to take sides in this thread discussion because I have volunteered myself in many community projects -- and -- I appreciate and support our Police dept.

Since my boyfriend has property in both the Bergen-Lafayette and Greenville sections of Jersey City, it has opened my eyes to a whole new world outside of Hamilton Park, and it isn?t pretty. Every time I?m there I see some guy peeing on the sidewalk. The other day I saw a woman squatting in the street to take a piss, at noontime. One day an SUV parked in front of me and two guys got out of the car, saw me sitting in my car by myself and they both proceeded to piss in front of me. Real gentlemen!

I?ve spent some time sitting in municipal court and listen to the cases? public urination, panhandling, littering, over and over. It may not be all glamorous work but I?m glad somebody is making people accountable for their actions.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 16:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 2:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Here you go, time for all you whiny community activist types to put your money where your mouth is.

http://www.state.nj.us/csc/FAQS/public_safety/law_enforcement.htm

Posted on: 2010/5/7 8:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/24 18:45
Group:
Banned
"carpetbaggertil718 wrote: That area is actually part of a directed patrol. Officers are sent there in response to LightRail commuters complaints about homosexual men engaging in crude acts in the bushes. The area is in plain view of the trains and some people are obviously offended by these behaviors. I myself have been assigned to this post. We call this operation Gerbil Poacher. Once assigned there, we get all kinds of ridiculous excuses from people aimlessly wandering through this deserted area like I was helping my friend look for his cat....or I was on my way to visit my friend in Greenville....or I was picking up garbage in the nude when I fell on this Zucchinni. Its not a glamorous assignment but its easier than being assigned to Hudson St. where yuppie idiots ask ridiculous questions all day instead of minding their own business. Your picture was obviously taken in the morning or afternoon which means the officer is on the day tour. This means the officer has at a minimum 14 years in patrol. At the time you wandered through private property for whatever reason, this officer was not assigned a call of which he will respond to 12 in an average day. Most calls are generated by people with limited problem solving abilities and even less common sense. Riding around only increases your chances of encountering a moron. Mind your own business and get a life." Thanks so much for what you officers do to keep us safe and at least try to keep our neighborhoods clean from this scum. GOD BLESS YOU AND PROTECT YOU & KEEP YOU ALL SAFE!!

Posted on: 2010/5/7 4:18
>>> IT'S TOO LATE.....<<<

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Does anyone actually believe for a second that "carpetbaggertil718" is really a cop?

I'm starting to think that he, as well as "toejamfootball" who started this thread, both new posters, are one and the same.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 3:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone actually believe for a second that "carpetbaggertil718" is really a cop?

Sounds like someone who couldn't make it into the academy (or did and later flushed out) and now sits at home listening to the police scanner and wearing some badge he found on Ebay. What a douche.

And if you are actually JCPD, then chances are you're a double-douche.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 2:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry I was busy working off-duty....did I miss anythig? The only physical requirements are the ability to breathe, sit for long hours at a time, carry a fat wallet, and be able to mentally handle everybody's problems real or imagined. Liberal courts and politicians struck down any weight/height requirements as discriminatory. Contrary to the opinion that an elementary grade diploma is the minimum requirement, it is in fact a High School diploma. What you would be surprised at is the amount of college graduates that are on the job. Off the top of my head I can think of two professors at John Jay, a language professor at St. Peters college, a PHD Chemist, four lawyers, and several MBA holders. I myself dropped out of college to take this job and have no regrets. There is a new test coming up and I will post the information so all of you community activist types can apply. Successfully score in the top oh lets say 5% of thousands of applicants, pass a physical, psychiatric evaluation, 26 week academy, then work evenings or midnights for years on weekends and holidays in sections of your beloved city that will frighten you. It pays well, has decent benefits, paid vacation, and after twenty five years you get to retire. Think of all the good you can do for the city and you get to see things you'll never forget.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 1:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
Yea, whats up with that? I always thought there had to be some sort of physical requirement for police officers.

I think the education requirement is at a min elementary school diploma.

Posted on: 2010/5/6 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
One thing I certainly have noticed about the JCPD. They have got to be the oldest, most out of shape police force I have ever seen. And the ones that I have conversed with do not leave me with the impression that they give a damn about the neighborhood. When my car got broken into a couple weeks ago, I was told with shrugged shoulders, that it wasn't the crime of the century. And that besides filing the report, nothing could or would be done.

Posted on: 2010/5/6 13:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Toejam

You might want to take some of your own advise before pontificating on how the cops should practice some humility.

That is, give us all a break with your "We're lucky that yuppies live in JC".

Heres a little "Heads Up", JC survived before your pompass Ass lived here and will survive after you leave, so get over your dillusion that "The yuppies" are the best thing that ever happened to JC.

As far as the old school mentality, I agree, things need to improve drastically and accountability has to be upfront.

Now go back and annoy your neighbors.....

Posted on: 2010/5/6 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Heights:
> I didn't experience any cultural differences, we were
> basically from the same cut of cloth.
> There were no accents whether it be verbal, dress,
> mannerisms, style, interests, food, or character content.

Imagine how boring such a place would be if it existed, which of course it never has. Apart from perhaps that Disney Village community somewhere, and in Heights' sad distorted memory.

Robin.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

linky wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Funny how it seems that all the ones protecting the cop's actions seems to be a BNR JC resident.

Come to think of it, all the protesters for ANY seemingly misguided actions from any of our city's fine elected or hired officials seem to be BNR? Imagine the gall of us "outsiders" to want this city to be run efficiently and properly, to be made safer and more prosporous. Damn us, indeed. Damn us all to hell!

Please don't paint all of the BNRs with the same brush. I was born and raised here and definitely do not defend any of the crap from cops, politicians, etc. ( see post #16). You are right, however, that there are a lot of BNRs who have a twisted and even ignorant way of looking at things. Most of the ones who were born here and see things clearly have left.

And many of the cops are BNRs who have moved away. They could give a rats ass about the quality of life in this city because they and their families don't live here.

I said all those protecting the stupid seem to be BNR, not ALL BNR are protecting the stupid.

It's like saying all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 18:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
this thread reminds me of the other whining thread about the cops who double-parked on a street.

Big freaking deal, if he's parked under there, he may be resting.

And for those who say "my taxes pay his salary", guess what? HE PAYS TAXES TOO! lol So lets say that siesta is on him.

And the talk about "BnR's", I don't mind the positive changes to the community. But when it's only happening to one side of the community that bothers me. And of course, like any native, no one likes to hear/read sh*t talking about the neighborhood you grew up in by someone who knows jack about it.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Funny how it seems that all the ones protecting the cop's actions seems to be a BNR JC resident.

Come to think of it, all the protesters for ANY seemingly misguided actions from any of our city's fine elected or hired officials seem to be BNR? Imagine the gall of us "outsiders" to want this city to be run efficiently and properly, to be made safer and more prosporous. Damn us, indeed. Damn us all to hell!

Please don't paint all of the BNRs with the same brush. I was born and raised here and definitely do not defend any of the crap from cops, politicians, etc. ( see post #16). You are right, however, that there are a lot of BNRs who have a twisted and even ignorant way of looking at things. Most of the ones who were born here and see things clearly have left.

And many of the cops are BNRs who have moved away. They could give a rats ass about the quality of life in this city because they and their families don't live here.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
having pride in your home and the home of your family is a fine thing. it doesnt need to be rubbed in anyones face. I'm happy that i was able to experience the cultural differences growing up that many of my suburban friends did not. doesnt make me any cooler, tougher or better than them though.
(not that i'm not cool, tough or good)

I grew up here and I didn't experience any cultural differences, we were basically from the same cut of cloth. There were no accents whether it be verbal, dress, mannerisms, style, interests, food, or character content.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
having pride in your home and the home of your family is a fine thing. it doesnt need to be rubbed in anyones face. I'm happy that i was able to experience the cultural differences growing up that many of my suburban friends did not. doesnt make me any cooler, tougher or better than them though.

(not that i'm not cool, tough or good)

Posted on: 2010/5/5 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
I'm sure where ever you came from that town's B&R population has the same attitude. Other towns of "visitors" as well. I guess who ever has the most $$ can change or sculptor the landscape any way they like.

maybe you're right. lots of nyc neighborhoods, plush suburban towns, and small country villages are resistant to change and new blood.

but this talk of "visitors" is ridiculous. ashkenazi jews and germans bemoan how much washington heights has changed since they growed up there. same goes for their attitude about weequahiac in newark.

towns change, people change, demographics change. this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

hell, most people i know who were born and raised in JC and Newark CHOSE to move to the suburbs to raise their families in better comfort and schools, etc. Same is true for old Brooklyn and Queens

Posted on: 2010/5/5 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Quote:

phDog wrote:
actually, rikers island is only for people who are arrested in NYC.

being 'bnr' in jc though, i find it strange that people automatically think it makes them better in some way than someone that moved here from out of town. i just dont get it, jersey city has more than its fair share of 'bnr pansies', if you want to call them that. i guess in thier minds its easier to posture on people from out of town than other people from jc.

yep.

a lot of so-called born-and-raised jersey citizens assume that gives them street cred automatically. "b/c i was here at such-and-such a period, i am _____ than you."

wrong. probably 80% of the people who were here "then" have moved along and some 20% is pretending to defend their memory.

(and when was this old school? the 50s? the 80s? it's never clear what the old-school means anyway with so many one-sided stories, undocumented stories, and self-serving narratives)

I'm sure where ever you came from that town's B&R population has the same attitude. Other towns of "visitors" as well. I guess who ever has the most $$ can change or sculptor the landscape any way they like.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:

being 'bnr' in jc though, i find it strange that people automatically think it makes them better in some way than someone that moved here from out of town. i just dont get it, jersey city has more than its fair share of 'bnr pansies', if you want to call them that. i guess in thier minds its easier to posture on people from out of town than other people from jc.

yep.

a lot of so-called born-and-raised jersey citizens assume that gives them street cred automatically. "b/c i was here at such-and-such a period, i am _____ than you."

that sort of talk isnt helpful to anyone.

probably 80% of the people who were here "then" have moved along and some 20% are pretending to defend their memory.

(and when was this old school? the 50s? the 80s? it's never clear what the old-school means anyway with so many one-sided stories, undocumented stories, and self-serving narratives)

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

phDog wrote:

That's my point. They should take that "I'm a Jersey City tough guy" act on the road and see how it does for them.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The implication that being BnR in Jersey City somehow makes you a tough guy is hilarious. All the yuppies are "pansies" yet these BnR types run around the woods looking to bust gay men? Are you the same tough guys who gather together to watch UFC? That "hey, I'm from Jersey City" will really come in handy in the showers at Rikers Island!

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
this is a very interesting and irrelevant conversation...

because it seems nobody's gonna submit those photos to the IAB and then, the IAB who either doesn't know or doesn't care about such behaviors, will not do anything about it.

also, there will be no political response thru the council. etc.

nor will the union respond. etc.

IT'S TIME TO SHUFFLE ALONG

you can't change a culture of government waste with some chit-chat on a message board... you'd need to show a pervasive practice of it or something, in some major way, where the consequences that children or gramma or baby seals suffered and died due to a slow response.

and when there are, conceivably, police reasons for the action and probably some plausible deniability to throw around, too... bah. aint going nowhere. just bide your time until new mayor hires a new police chief

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
The fact that people do not realize carpetbaggertil718 is not a cop really makes me wonder.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 1:38
From Bay Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:
That area is actually part of a directed patrol. Officers are sent there in response to LightRail commuters complaints about homosexual men engaging in crude acts in the bushes. The area is in plain view of the trains and some people are obviously offended by these behaviors. I myself have been assigned to this post. We call this operation Gerbil Poacher. Once assigned there, we get all kinds of ridiculous excuses from people aimlessly wandering through this deserted area like I was helping my friend look for his cat....or I was on my way to visit my friend in Greenville....or I was picking up garbage in the nude when I fell on this Zucchinni. Its not a glamorous assignment but its easier than being assigned to Hudson St. where yuppie idiots ask ridiculous questions all day instead of minding their own business. Your picture was obviously taken in the morning or afternoon which means the officer is on the day tour. This means the officer has at a minimum 14 years in patrol. At the time you wandered through private property for whatever reason, this officer was not assigned a call of which he will respond to 12 in an average day. Most calls are generated by people with limited problem solving abilities and even less common sense. Riding around only increases your chances of encountering a moron. Mind your own business and get a life.

Jeez people...obvious troll. Get with the program.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:13

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017