Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Van Vorst Shooting on Wayne Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Sounds great, David. Glad to see you'd like to drop the Hispanics versus whites rhetoric. I'm right there with you. Keep it up with that can-do attitude!

Posted on: 2009/9/16 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 0:22
Group:
Banned
Let's just give them ne'er-do-wells a bad case of Small Pox. I've got a few blankets lying around.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:58
As hard to handle as chopsticks.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/24 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
ok neighbors. perhaps a chill pill is order.
Believe me, I know the area and its history quite well. Over the past three decades, incidents like this one have occurred semi-regularly. The outrage has inspired temporary police clamp downs that end after a week or so. The result is the return of the status quo, leaving the "good" residents and the "bad" people angrier at one another. We all know the realities of urban life and the chronic conditions that make shootings common. You are not discovering some sort of trend.

I say a good place to begin is dropping all our assumptions about one another. How about a meeting of the Van Vorst Park Association held on Wayne Street, in the park. I think that'll make a statement right there. Then let's have a public conversation about the park. Maybe how we can all get together and spruce it up, lobby for a VVP-type makeover. Demonstrate that we all care for our public spaces.

What I would really regret is that good people who want to do right by their new community feel like they can't, or that long-term residents end up thinking that all newcomers are racists. If we're outraged by the shooting, let's use it as an opportunity to come together, not scapegoat one another.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/30 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
It was at 3 PM, not late at night.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 0:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
DowntownSteve28 wrote: Quote:
blogcityblog wrote: >>>It's not the park, it's the people! There are many parks/playgrounds in Jersey City that do not have this problem. Look around at those areas and ask yourself why they don't have constant bs going on.<<< oh, and what would that be?
What, or rather, WHO, do you think?? Idiot. Your blog is filled with so much racial spite that it's no surprise to anyone who has looked at it that you would make such a baited comment like that. If you think DK meant that it was "those Puerto Ricans" causing trouble again, you're dead wrong. Anyone with half a brain is afraid to walk past that park at night, regardless of what race/culture the people hanging out there are. I think you need to read up on your sociology, young son.
Maybe it was an angry jerk like yourself who did it. First of all YOU are the moron. This isn't about race. Blog City Blog never mentioned Puerto Ricans, YOU did. You're the one with racial spite, veiled under some other guise. There is a LOT of that on this forum, a lot of really angry people who all seem to think that the world owes them something. Wake up folks! Noone, ANYWHERE should walk through a park late at night. It's just common sense. Clearly, the shooting on Wayne St. is related to drug dealing. Try resolving that issue first. And "Downtown Steve", you are a jack ass.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
BCB, do you really think that post made any sense?

You take sarcastic snipes at Fulop and demonstrations endlessly. Feign victimization in someone referring to "those people" [sic].

Fact is that that street has been a problems for years. Violence and drug dealing in and around that park has been constant for far too long and nothing gets done by the police department.

So what are these mysterious solutions you constantly allude to that we're missing? What brand of activism would put an end to your snark?

"Perpetuation of stereotypes from the comfort of your living room" sounds exactly like your blog to me. What game changing activism have you figured out that you might share with the rest of us?

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/30 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
It's apparently racist to say that drug dealers cause violence.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
Quote:

blogcityblog wrote:
Perhaps it's time to put all that pent up anti-corruption outrage to work by organizing a demonstration of some sorts, eh? Maybe the downtown councilman and his JCList followers can muster his forces for a face-off with the "people" who populate that park.

It's one thing to rail against "those people" and encourage the ignorance and perpetuation of stereotypes from the comfort of your living room (or your mom's basement). It's quite another to do something about it, unless you think that your quasi-hysterical ranting here constitutes community activism.

As for blogcityblog.com. Thanks for reading! We'll be there to cover your "stop the shootings" demonstration.

Stereotypes my ass. Get off your high horse and look around you. All I said was the PEOPLE that hang around in the park cause the trouble. Stop being so ignorant to the FACTS. What stereotype am I perpetuating exactly? Would you rather me say that everyone that hangs around there is not unemployed, does not drink all day long, does not openly sell drugs, does not harass working people on their way home, never litter? Stop being so dense. Your little politically correct world doesn't exist. The sooner you realize this, the sooner maybe you yourself might be able to grasp reality.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 15:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps it's time to put all that pent up anti-corruption outrage to work by organizing a demonstration of some sorts, eh? Maybe the downtown councilman and his JCList followers can muster his forces for a face-off with the "people" who populate that park.

It's one thing to rail against "those people" and encourage the ignorance and perpetuation of stereotypes from the comfort of your living room (or your mom's basement). It's quite another to do something about it, unless you think that your quasi-hysterical ranting here constitutes community activism.

As for blogcityblog.com. Thanks for reading! We'll be there to cover your "stop the shootings" demonstration.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's a shame because that's an otherwise nice block. The big mystery is, WHY DOES THIS CRAP STILL OCCUR ON THAT BLOCK? The police know that is a bad block. Everybody knows it. There should be a cop there every single day, until this crap stops. The Jersey City police force are an absolute laughing stock.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 14:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/5 13:03
Group:
Registered Users
I think we can all agree it is not THE PARK itself but the majority of people who hang out in the park.. Sadly, the park is not used by many in the community for its intended purpose and has become a well known hang out for shady characters. Unless there is a major intervention made by police to clean up and monitor the park which they have yet to do thus far, I personally would rather see the City do something else with the space.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
I heard the one shot at 6pm from inside my house. Went outside and the cops had the one guy in cuffs but wouldn't say what happened or let anyone near there.

Now, as for the park, it's been a problem for 30 years.

Believe what you want, but DK is dead on right; IT'S NOT THE PARK; IT'S THE PEOPLE".

Downtown Steve, when you say:

Quote:
If you think DK meant that it was "those Puerto Ricans" causing trouble again, you're dead wrong. Anyone with half a brain is afraid to walk past that park at night, regardless of what race/culture the people hanging out there are. I think you need to read up on your sociology, young son.

Why do you think anyone with "half a brain is afraid to walk there at night"? Is it the scary trees, creepy playground or frightening benches?

IT'S THE PEOPLE HANGING OUT THERE!

Steve, the more I read your naive posts, the more I believe you're either a fake or a real-estate broker's wet dream.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 13:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/8 0:29
Group:
Registered Users
New_to_JC, thank you for spending so much time with the police describing what you saw! This incident really concerns me, and I'm glad you did your part to help.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 13:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/3 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Would not recommned anyone to live downtown. Not a safe place.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 10:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
[sarcasm]I bet none of these shooting have anything to do with the house full of Latin Kings 1 block away from VVP[/sarcasm]

Posted on: 2009/9/16 9:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:
blogcityblog wrote: >>>It's not the park, it's the people! There are many parks/playgrounds in Jersey City that do not have this problem. Look around at those areas and ask yourself why they don't have constant bs going on.<<< oh, and what would that be?
What, or rather, WHO, do you think?? Idiot. Your blog is filled with so much racial spite that it's no surprise to anyone who has looked at it that you would make such a baited comment like that. If you think DK meant that it was "those Puerto Ricans" causing trouble again, you're dead wrong. Anyone with half a brain is afraid to walk past that park at night, regardless of what race/culture the people hanging out there are. I think you need to read up on your sociology, young son.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 7:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
blogcityblog wrote: >>>It's not the park, it's the people! There are many parks/playgrounds in Jersey City that do not have this problem. Look around at those areas and ask yourself why they don't have constant bs going on.<<< oh, and what would that be?[/quote] Just one thought. How about a shooting moron![

Posted on: 2009/9/16 4:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
>>>It's not the park, it's the people! There are many parks/playgrounds in Jersey City that do not have this problem. Look around at those areas and ask yourself why they don't have constant bs going on.<<< oh, and what would that be?

Posted on: 2009/9/16 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
Quote:

New_to_JC wrote:
I was a witness to the 3pm shooting. I spent until 6pm giving statements to detectives and trying to ID the car involved. Just to clarify there was only one shot fired and the victim was shot in the thigh (definitely not head and neck). The victim drove away by himself in a double parked vehicle. He drove himself to Christ Hospital. There were many witnesses most of whom fled the scene. The few who remained did not say a word to police when they arrived. I think the detectives thought I was making the whole thing up until they actually found the shell and the report came in from Christ that they had a gun shot victim matching my description.

My husband attended the VVPA meeting tonight to discuss todays incidents and I believe the board has decided to try and organize a rally for next Tuesday. I'm sure details will be posted.

I discussed my concerns about safety on Wayne St. with the police/detectives.. They seem to think that closing the park would obviously resolve many if not most of the problems.

It's not the park, it's the people! There are many parks/playgrounds in Jersey City that do not have this problem. Look around at those areas and ask yourself why they don't have constant bs going on.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 3:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/5 13:03
Group:
Registered Users
I was a witness to the 3pm shooting. I spent until 6pm giving statements to detectives and trying to ID the car involved. Just to clarify there was only one shot fired and the victim was shot in the thigh (definitely not head and neck). The victim drove away by himself in a double parked vehicle. He drove himself to Christ Hospital. There were many witnesses most of whom fled the scene. The few who remained did not say a word to police when they arrived. I think the detectives thought I was making the whole thing up until they actually found the shell and the report came in from Christ that they had a gun shot victim matching my description.

My husband attended the VVPA meeting tonight to discuss todays incidents and I believe the board has decided to try and organize a rally for next Tuesday. I'm sure details will be posted.

I discussed my concerns about safety on Wayne St. with the police/detectives.. They seem to think that closing the park would obviously resolve many if not most of the problems.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/12 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
This is completely unacceptable. I actually walked by that corner with my 1yr daughter around 6pm, although I did not hear anything, God forbid if something happened to my daughter. It's disgusting that these punks continue to hang out in and around that area although many people have formally complained to JCPD in the past.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 2:12

Van Vorst Shooting on Wayne Street
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
At around 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday (9/15), a shooting occured in front of 98 Wayne Street, near the corner with Jersey Avenue. At least 10 marked police cars responded, witnesses gave statements, shells were collected, and the gunshot victim was treated at Christ Hospital (reportedly with wounds to the neck and head).

As well, a second report of gunfire at around 6:00 p.m. today was also investigated on the same block. A cuffed suspect was taken into custody.

Nothing is known about "what happened?" or "to whom?"

Astonishingly, seven hours after the first incident, none of the local online media -- "Journal," "Independent," or even "JCList" -- have any prior mention of this latest incident of violent crime. Hence, this post, to focus attention on something that happened just a few blocks from City Hall.

The street violence, the reactive policing, the media vacuum -- this entire episode portends bad news.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 1:59

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017