Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 145-year-old JC church to become condo complex
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Why isn't finishing Whitlock Cordage a priority for Fulop? With Berry Lane Park coming onboard soon it would serve as a linchpin for the area, and this new Summit Ave project would help tie it all together.

We're definitely on the same page here.

Whitlock Cordage should absolutely be a priority for Fulop. I don't understand why it doesn't appear to be.

I'm not sure how much help this Summit Ave project would have, but because the majority is market rate condos as opposed to apartments, I'm optimistic...

Well, you have some moments of sanity! :) Anyway, 45 more homeowners calling the cops to complain about people hanging about, to support local stores and businesses, can only be a good thing. I'm not sure of the parking for the new project, that would be the only downside within the neighborhood.

I was at the meeting in which they described this project and let out the information regarding prices, sizes, parking, etc. Essentially, they are micro-units. The goal is to have commuters to NYC. This would be first time home-buyers that are single and looking to own rather than rent. The parking is not going to be much, but there is planned, on-site parking. My guess, based purely on the images, would be a garage entrance from Clifton Place.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Why isn't finishing Whitlock Cordage a priority for Fulop? With Berry Lane Park coming onboard soon it would serve as a linchpin for the area, and this new Summit Ave project would help tie it all together.

Whitlock Cordage should absolutely be a priority for Fulop. I don't understand why it doesn't appear to be.

I'm not sure how much help this Summit Ave project would have, but because the majority is market rate condos as opposed to apartments, I'm optimistic...

The state took over the project several years ago and was controlling the process. As of the end of 2013 they were looking for a developer to resume the project. Don't know what happened after that, although the administration was talking to the usual crowd of "most favored developers" to put before the state - again, two years ago.
why doesn't the city use its affordable housing fund to complete whitlock cordage.

My personal opinion is that Whitlock Cordage not be low-income only. It should be like every building and have mixed income. Reserve several units for below market rate and have the majority be market rate. There is enough lower income house in the neighborhood. By having a mixed income property at that location, it creates a connection point to the Foundry and then up the hill to Library Lofts and, should this project complete, the St. John?s condos.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 18:05
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
wasn't jesus poor?

but rich in spirit

Posted on: 2015/11/21 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
wasn't jesus poor?

Posted on: 2015/11/21 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
so here's my question: going forward, i think religious institutions should be buying/converting properties owned by the church to low cost housing for the poor.

isn't this what Jesus would've done? you can pray and worship anywhere. the reason we have churches is to consolidate power for a particular sect. and to collect money.

Posted on: 2015/11/21 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

The state took over the project several years ago and was controlling the process. As of the end of 2013 they were looking for a developer to resume the project. Don't know what happened after that, although the administration was talking to the usual crowd of "most favored developers" to put before the state - again, two years ago.
why doesn't the city use its affordable housing fund to complete whitlock cordage.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/20 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Well, you have some moments of sanity! :) Anyway, 45 more homeowners calling the cops to complain about people hanging about, to support local stores and businesses, can only be a good thing. I'm not sure of the parking for the new project, that would be the only downside within the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/19 4:53
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Am glad the exterior of the church can be saved - this would be great.

Old Photo of church nearby buildings - the building to the left (school tied to church?) is not standing today:
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:24
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Not a fan of condos but this is pretty awesome.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:16

145-year-old JC church to become condo complex
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
145-year-old Jersey City church to become condo complex

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on November 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM, updated November 20, 2015 at 2:55 PM

JERSEY CITY ? A 145-year-old Gothic church on Summit Avenue that was named a local landmark two years ago is set to become the home for 47 condominiums.

Dubbed Hill Top View, the $15 million project, courtesy of Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corp., is the latest sign that Jersey City's development boom is pushing farther south, into the city's Bergen-Lafayette neighborhood.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... co.html#incart_river_home

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017