Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Jersey ranks last in business tax climate, again
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, the Brooklynite who wanted NJ to pay every single multi-billion dollar penny for the inevitable cost overruns, while NY sat by and took in NY state income tax on the commuters from NJ! Try again, this time keeping the Democratic mantra 'pay your fair share' in mind, lol.

Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I didn't read the story, but given that we are always at the bottom or next to it in receiving money back from the Feds I'm not shocked. Our senator's have done a piss-poor job in bringing us back pork that would lead to grants, construction jobs, and infrastructure improvements that job creators like to see.

They did a great job of bringing back $3,000,000,000 that was then declined by the governor after spending several hundred million dollars.... which had to be repaid.

Posted on: 2014/10/31 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I didn't read the story, but given that we are always at the bottom or next to it in receiving money back from the Feds I'm not shocked. Our senator's have done a piss-poor job in bringing us back pork that would lead to grants, construction jobs, and infrastructure improvements that job creators like to see.

I agree with you on this. We definitely need our representatives to step up to the plate and get some of that cash we?re sending back.

I will also add to what was said here:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
from the report:

The best states in this year's index are Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada, Alaska and Florida, respectively.

Wyoming is stunning but I don't think Goldman Sachs, UBS, Citibank and those types of companies are interested in moving there.

A lot of those states need to do something in order to get companies in as there is no inherent advantage to being there. Nobody says, ?I wish my layover in South Dakota was longer. I just love it there.?

Posted on: 2014/10/31 13:52
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

They did a great job of bringing back $3,000,000,000 that was then declined by the governor after spending several hundred million dollars.... which had to be repaid.

Posted on: 2014/10/31 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
from the report:

The best states in this year's index are Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada, Alaska and Florida, respectively.

Wyoming is stunning but I don't think Goldman Sachs, UBS, Citibank and those types of companies are interested in moving there.
wyoming is stunningly BORING!

Posted on: 2014/10/31 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
from the report:

Citibank did move its credit card division to South Dakota years ago. South Dakota didn't have usury laws that restricted credit card interest rates.

Posted on: 2014/10/30 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/30 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
from the report:

Posted on: 2014/10/30 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Let's not kid ourselves here, we aren't the Garden State, we are the Gentrified State - No poor people here, just white collar professionals handing over fists full of dollars for over inflated condos ... these people don't complain and pay high prices and taxes on everything

Posted on: 2014/10/30 19:04
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

New Jersey ranks last in business tax climate, again
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Alex Napoliello | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

For the second year in a row, New Jersey's tax climate for business is the worst in the nation, according to a report released Wednesday.

The Tax Foundation's annual State Business Tax Climate Index found that New Jersey received an overall rank of 50. The Garden State has finished last three out of the last four years, aside from in 2013 when the state came in at 49.

More

Posted on: 2014/10/29 18:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017