Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy gets new public job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fail. Perhaps bringing up Fulop giving a job to McGreevey would be a better analogy, keeping it to Hudson County and Democrats and local, rather than taking it to the state level about a Republican and jobs he controls in a bi-partisan manner with another Democrat Governor.

Since it had been recently reported that a high paying patronage job had been specially created, I speculated this one had too. Your wish for the PA story to vanish does not make the linkage illegitimate, if there was such a thing.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Fail. Perhaps bringing up Fulop giving a job to McGreevey would be a better analogy, keeping it to Hudson County and Democrats and local, rather than taking it to the state level about a Republican and jobs he controls in a bi-partisan manner with another Democrat Governor.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fail. Tiresome is having to see Christie somehow get his name mentioned on a thread about corrupt Hudson County Democrats in the first place, lol.

Gee wiz, so sorry to have state patronage brought up in a thread about county patronage. Can't you get it through your head that some of us don't give a crap what party the corruption is in when we call it out? Fail in what way? Reported facts conflict with your belief system?

Posted on: 2013/12/24 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
What in my post led you to believe I neither knew about or condoned HCDO corruption? I likened them to the Mafia. As for your tiresome rabid defense of Christie, do you even read at all, or just listen to Rush?

"Mr. Baroni, who earned $291,100 at the Port Authority in 2011, is a former Republican state senator who was appointed by Mr. Christie in the face of a primary challenge for his legislative seat. At the Port Authority, he created a new job for Mr. Wildstein, who was a high school friend of the governor and who later became mayor of their hometown, Livingston, and started an anonymous political blog that was noted for scoops from the United States attorney?s office when Mr. Christie led it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/nyregion/on-lane-
closings-christie-says-hell-turn-the-page.html
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
To me the offensive thing is the security of the "made men" in the HCDO. Somehow no matter how badly they screw up (Steve Lipski) they always land on their feet with a nice public sector job.

Will we ever know if Mr Healy actually earns his pay? I doubt it. But it sounds like one of those vaguely defined patronage jobs like the one Christie created for his high school buddy.

First off, why make a lame attempt to slam Christie when we're talking about a Democrat double dipping with a part time job that's obviously a payback deal? And are you sure the PA jobs were 'created', rather than jobs that change when the Governors are replaced in NY/NJ-which happens, say, when a POTUS gets to make his own choice, say, for Attorney General?

Secondly, no greater patronage mill in the known universe was created, right here in JC, by the Democratic machine of Mayor Hague. And it lasted decades and decades.

Fail. Tiresome is having to see Christie somehow get his name mentioned on a thread about corrupt Hudson County Democrats in the first place, lol.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
What in my post led you to believe I neither knew about or condoned HCDO corruption? I likened them to the Mafia. As for your tiresome rabid defense of Christie, do you even read at all, or just listen to Rush?

"Mr. Baroni, who earned $291,100 at the Port Authority in 2011, is a former Republican state senator who was appointed by Mr. Christie in the face of a primary challenge for his legislative seat. At the Port Authority, he created a new job for Mr. Wildstein, who was a high school friend of the governor and who later became mayor of their hometown, Livingston, and started an anonymous political blog that was noted for scoops from the United States attorney?s office when Mr. Christie led it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/nyregion/on-lane-
closings-christie-says-hell-turn-the-page.html
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
To me the offensive thing is the security of the "made men" in the HCDO. Somehow no matter how badly they screw up (Steve Lipski) they always land on their feet with a nice public sector job.

Will we ever know if Mr Healy actually earns his pay? I doubt it. But it sounds like one of those vaguely defined patronage jobs like the one Christie created for his high school buddy.

First off, why make a lame attempt to slam Christie when we're talking about a Democrat double dipping with a part time job that's obviously a payback deal? And are you sure the PA jobs were 'created', rather than jobs that change when the Governors are replaced in NY/NJ-which happens, say, when a POTUS gets to make his own choice, say, for Attorney General?

Secondly, no greater patronage mill in the known universe was created, right here in JC, by the Democratic machine of Mayor Hague. And it lasted decades and decades.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Gee what a surprise DeGise handing Healy a job.

Healy has not seen the inside of a courtroom for 10+ years. Except for his arrest and conviction in the Bradley Beach ?incident?. Speaking of which how did that affect his law license? I can?t recall did he testify at his long time friend and 09 campaign treasurer Deputy Mayor Beldini?s corruption trial? Or did he throw her under the bus without testifying?

With all of the young hungry law school grads looking for work and for something to put on their r?sum? why in the world would the County hire this bum for a part-time $42,000 a year job?

Please remember this Healy appointment when the 2015 HC Executive election comes around. The only good thing about DeGise running in 2015 is that he will make sure the long awaited Lincoln Park 9 hole golf course will finally be finished months before the election so he could use it as campaign propaganda.

PS ? if you want to see how HC works look up Netchert . How many $180K a year no bid contracts has his law firm ?won? over the years while working for the county? (and I think collecting a HC pension)

Posted on: 2013/12/24 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/24 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This highlights the fact that no-one in the private sector wants Healy in any capacity - He was taken as a fool in office and now has no buddies outside public office.

Healy is as popular as a siht in a public pool!

Posted on: 2013/12/24 11:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
I don't get why people are bashing him for this? He was a lawyer for years, then a judge for years, then an elected official... he seems pretty qualified to me. And really, that kind of money for a lawyer is a pretty good deal.... is he not allowed to get a job now that he doesn't hold office?

Asking seriously, not trolling....

He isn't doing legal work. If you know about the HCDO, you will know it has traditionally been a hotbed of nepotism and corruption. I was there during the past mayoral election and they were calling in lawyers and employees from other cities to LEAVE THEIR JOBS to come in and help the Healy cause (this is illegal, but shows how deep the corruption lies in the HCDO).

Posted on: 2013/12/23 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
FYI, the city just informed me that the former mayor is already collecting his city pension, which is $68,627.01.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
I still don't get how with a part time job you earn over $40K. I barely get passed 15K on part time work. I understand its a job that deals with law but wtf?

Really? I work about 28 hours a week and make more than that.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I'm not joking about the pension thing. What I remember was that he lost out by a few months when he was voted out. Also, I work freelance and sometimes I go to White Star for lunch. Every time I go during the week and often on weekends the same 4-5 semi-retired old cronies are hanging out and drinking beer. Some of them are still employed by the city/county after retiring from JCPD or other city services.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
I still don't get how with a part time job you earn over $40K. I barely get passed 15K on part time work. I understand its a job that deals with law but wtf?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Like I said, it depends on what he's doing. There was next to zero information in the article at first, and even now it's not really clear what he's doing.

If his job is an actual job, and he's earning that paycheck and making money for Hudson County, then that's great.

If his job just entails him showing up to a couple meetings a week and not doing anything, then it's probably just another political favor that costs us $42k a year for no reason.

I think we're all skeptical, considering the history of Hudson County, which is why everyone is assuming it's the latter. I don't know what to make of it because of the lack of information, but my guess would be it's just more cronyism that's going to end up costing us.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, but a lawyer, with judicial experience, and elected position experience seems like a good hire to me. I know it's policy on this board for everyone to bash Healy unquestioningly (dont know that's a real word!). And as for what lawyers (and any type of consultant for that matter) get paid, $42K is not what I would consider a "fat paycheck".....

Posted on: 2013/12/23 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
As long as he is not the mayor, I can care less how he makes a living.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
I don't get why people are bashing him for this? He was a lawyer for years, then a judge for years, then an elected official... he seems pretty qualified to me. And really, that kind of money for a lawyer is a pretty good deal.... is he not allowed to get a job now that he doesn't hold office?

at the time the article was first posted, it said almost nothing at all about the attorney experience and any of that, just said he'd be collecting money from people. At that time, it seemed like it was just some dumb job where he'd make 3 phone calls a week and collect a fat paycheck. It's entirely possible that this is actually a decently involved job that needs law experience. But I think we're all pretty skeptical at this point of seeing guys like Healy get part time jobs with fat salaries and little to no info of what they're actually supposed to do.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Don't you?

Quote:

Clifton_Hanger wrote:
by Vigilante on 2013/12/23 11:37:34

"In any case, I look forward to seeing him at the local bars during business hours. "

Just so I'm clear, does the above mean you also frequent the local pubs during business hours?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 17:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/14 17:51
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
by Vigilante on 2013/12/23 11:37:34

"In any case, I look forward to seeing him at the local bars during business hours. "

Just so I'm clear, does the above mean you also frequent the local pubs during business hours?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
As I remember it Healy was a few months shy of being eligible for a pension. Perhaps this gift will help push him over the threshold and thus he can be a burden on taxpayers for years to come? In any case, I look forward to seeing him at the local bars during business hours.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Barf...when is the public going to stop supporting this clown financially??

Posted on: 2013/12/23 16:35

Healy gets new public job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Former Jersey City mayor lands part-time county job with $42K salary

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Former Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy has landed a job with Hudson County, doing part-time legal work for $42,437 annually.

Healy, 63, was hired last Monday, his birthday, according to county spokesman Jim Kennelly. The former mayor said he?ll work with the county to collect payments from people who owe its welfare division money.

"We gotta track them down and go to court with them and make sure they pay what's owed," he told The Jersey Journal.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/12/23 16:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017