Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 41

fraulein, brewster, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 41 »


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2918
Offline
SOS, these are some interesting links, thanks for posting.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 17:14
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Wow I almost feel bad for Christie (almost that is!)


After a hit by the Donald, Chris Christie has become a mob of one | Mulshine

So soon after celebrating Donald J. Trump’s election Tuesday as the capo di tutti capi of America, Chris Christie soon learned that he was unceremoniously dispatched as head of the Trump transition team.

By Paul Mulshine | The Star Ledger
Follow on Twitter

on November 15, 2016 at 6:31 AM, updated November 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM


http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... tml#incart_river_home_pop


And Christie still on the short list for AG?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/20 ... tration.html?ref=politics

Posted on: 2016/11/15 16:57
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Wow I almost feel bad for Christie (almost that is!)


After a hit by the Donald, Chris Christie has become a mob of one | Mulshine

So soon after celebrating Donald J. Trump’s election Tuesday as the capo di tutti capi of America, Chris Christie soon learned that he was unceremoniously dispatched as head of the Trump transition team.

By Paul Mulshine | The Star Ledger
Follow on Twitter

on November 15, 2016 at 6:31 AM, updated November 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM


http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... tml#incart_river_home_pop

Posted on: 2016/11/15 16:15
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Rudy also did paid consulting for foreign nations, exiles and interests. Iranian political parties, Qatari state-run oil firm, Chavez-connected oil company, organized crime figure with ties to North Korea....

Whoops.

As much as I disagree with Pence's policy positions, at least he's got some government experience and contacts. I sure hope he puts an end to amateur hour on the transition team.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11 ... possible-conflicts-231413

Posted on: 2016/11/15 12:58
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1777
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Dolomiti, you are out of your mind.

I'm out of my mind, because I actually know facts about changes in NYC's and national crime rates? How fascinating.


Quote:
I remember NYC before Giuliani became mayor. It was a violent shithole. Degeneracy everywhere.

Uh, no. Not even close.

Again, you are hardly the only person on Earth who lived in the NYC area at the time. There were numerous rough areas that have improved significantly, like Times Square and the Lower East Side. There were also plenty of perfectly safe and upscale neighborhoods. As is usually the case, most of the violent crime was concentrated in specific areas.

And of course, merely remembering NYC as being in bad shape does not refute a single thing I've said.


Quote:
He came in and really cleaned the city up.

Yet again, this is incorrect. His term as mayor only partially correlated with drops in crime; and yet again, crime had dropped 20% from its peak by the time he took office.

Sorry not sorry, but given a choice between uninformed vitriol and solid facts, I'll take facts. Every time.


I guess if stats don't fit his narrative, they must be RIGGED.

I'm willing to give Trump a shot but his minions need to put down the Kool Aid for a second. Hillary lost, so we need to move on from her and review Trump objectively.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 12:50
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Dolomiti, you are out of your mind.

I'm out of my mind, because I actually know facts about changes in NYC's and national crime rates? How fascinating.


Quote:
I remember NYC before Giuliani became mayor. It was a violent shithole. Degeneracy everywhere.

Uh, no. Not even close.

Again, you are hardly the only person on Earth who lived in the NYC area at the time. There were numerous rough areas that have improved significantly, like Times Square and the Lower East Side. There were also plenty of perfectly safe and upscale neighborhoods. As is usually the case, most of the violent crime was concentrated in specific areas.

And of course, merely remembering NYC as being in bad shape does not refute a single thing I've said.


Quote:
He came in and really cleaned the city up.

Yet again, this is incorrect. His term as mayor only partially correlated with drops in crime; and yet again, crime had dropped 20% from its peak by the time he took office.

Sorry not sorry, but given a choice between uninformed vitriol and solid facts, I'll take facts. Every time.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 12:40
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1777
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Dolomiti, you are out of your mind. I remember NYC before Giuliani became mayor. It was a violent shithole. Degeneracy everywhere.

He came in and really cleaned the city up. So you can point to "the evidence," inevitably authored by liberals seeking to advance their agenda, but I'll stick with what actually happened.


Yesterday, you were saying you only wanted facts and evidence?

Anecdotal evidence is not proof of much, either.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:40
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Dolomiti, you are out of your mind. I remember NYC before Giuliani became mayor. It was a violent shithole. Degeneracy everywhere.

He came in and really cleaned the city up. So you can point to "the evidence," inevitably authored by liberals seeking to advance their agenda, but I'll stick with what actually happened.


Do you understand things like "causal relationship" and "positive correlation" - I guess not.

Also, more evidence that Christie is booted from inner circle:

Trump advisers steamroll Christie’s transition
The new, top-down approach is likened to how Dick Cheney ran the Bush transition.
By ANDREW RESTUCCIA and NANCY COOK 11/15/16 05:08

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11 ... hristie-transition-231390

No mention of Christie on National Review and some other conservative sites.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:34
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2918
Offline
Dolomiti, you are out of your mind. I remember NYC before Giuliani became mayor. It was a violent shithole. Degeneracy everywhere.

He came in and really cleaned the city up. So you can point to "the evidence," inevitably authored by liberals seeking to advance their agenda, but I'll stick with what actually happened.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:19
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.


The Giuliani broken windows theory has pretty much been discredited by academics. It's controversial at best. But if you want, keep on believing.


I remember NYC in the eighties under Koch and then Dinkins. But you keep telling yourself that.

I also remember it. More importantly, the data is pretty clear.

Crime went up during Koch's term, and part of Dinkins' term. It peaked in 1990, and started to fall. It had dropped 20% from its peak by the time Giuliani took office (and even more by the time his policies were in effect).

Meanwhile and again, many cities and states did not adopt Broken Windows, yet there was a national drop in crime anyway.

And the NYPD's own analysis indicates that the data does not support the Broken Windows theory.

"OIG-NYPD's analysis has found no empirical evidence demonstrating a clear and direct link between an increase in summons and misdemeanor arrest activity and a related drop in felony crime. Between 2010 and 2015, quality-of-life enforcement rates -- and in particular, quality-of-life summons rates -- have dramatically declined, but there has been no commensurate increase in felony crime."

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/oignypd/do ... Life-Report-2010-2015.pdf

But hey, who cares about pesky things like facts and evidence, right? Right.


In the age of Trump with Breibart's Steve f$&#ing Bannon appointed as the POTUS's chief strategist, who needs facts and evidence?

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:03
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.


The Giuliani broken windows theory has pretty much been discredited by academics. It's controversial at best. But if you want, keep on believing.


I remember NYC in the eighties under Koch and then Dinkins. But you keep telling yourself that.

I also remember it. More importantly, the data is pretty clear.

Crime went up during Koch's term, and part of Dinkins' term. It peaked in 1990, and started to fall. It had dropped 20% from its peak by the time Giuliani took office (and even more by the time his policies were in effect).

Meanwhile and again, many cities and states did not adopt Broken Windows, yet there was a national drop in crime anyway.

And the NYPD's own analysis indicates that the data does not support the Broken Windows theory.

"OIG-NYPD's analysis has found no empirical evidence demonstrating a clear and direct link between an increase in summons and misdemeanor arrest activity and a related drop in felony crime. Between 2010 and 2015, quality-of-life enforcement rates -- and in particular, quality-of-life summons rates -- have dramatically declined, but there has been no commensurate increase in felony crime."

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/oignypd/do ... Life-Report-2010-2015.pdf

But hey, who cares about pesky things like facts and evidence, right? Right.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 10:02
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.

That is complete BS.

Crime rates started falling nationally in the early 90s; in NYC, that trend started before Giuliani took office, and kept going long afterwards. (That includes during the term of Bernie Kerik, who eventually got whacked with $221,000 in fines for ethics violations, and served 4 years in federal prisons on tax fraud and other charges.) Cities and states that did not utilize the same policies as NYC saw the same drops in crime rates.

He didn't exactly foster a great deal of racial harmony during his term. If anything, he played up racial tensions to inflame the city and bolster his "law and order" credentials.

He also had a lot of help fixing up Times Square. Those plans were in place, wait for it... long before he came into office, with some of the groundwork laid back in the Koch days, more during Dinkins. It was a City Council member who got the idea to purge areas of sex shops, and they just relocated to other areas (which later started to gentrify, of course). And of course, Giuliani hardly invented pressure on Manhattan real estate values.

Last but not least, almost everything he's said in the past 6 months has been bat-excrement insane. The idea that we're supposed to remember things he did over a decade ago, and forget the crazy things he's been saying all year long? How does that work?

I think the better way to put it is: I'm living in JC in spite of Giuliani, not because of him.


This post is a perfect example of how disconnected from reality liberals are.

And yet again...

Giuliani became mayor in 1994. Do you deny that the crime rate in NYC peaked in 1990, and declined thereafter?

Do you deny that the violent crime rate in NYC declined 20% from its peak before Giuliani took office?

Resized Image



Do you deny that on a national scale, crime started to drop in 1991 as well?

Do you deny that NYC's crime rate continued to fall after Giuliani left office in 2001?

Do you deny that the national crime rate has continued to fall, pretty much in a straight line, since 1990?

Do you deny that many states and municipalities did not use the same tactics as the NYPD, yet saw reductions in crime rates?

Are you even remotely aware that the evidence clearly indicates that "Stop & Frisk" did not reduce crime rates?

Are you even remotely aware that the evidence shows that the "Broken Windows" approach doesn't work either?

What was Giuliani's reaction to the Amadou Diallo shooting?

Did Giuliani do anything to increase the oversight and accountability of the NYPD?

What did he do that was designed to foster racial harmony in NYC?

Do you deny that Bernie Kerik was appointed police commissioner by Giuliani? That he went to jail for tax fraud and other charges?

I do concur he did a good job coordinating the response to 9/11. Not an easy task, given that he built the NYPD's Emergency Command Center, wait for it... on the 23rd floor of 7 World Trade. And that was after the attempted bombing in 1993.

And I really do not have the stomach to recite all the utterly moronic and sycophantic things he's said during the campaign.

So yeah... no. I assure you, I'm not the one "disconnected from reality."

Posted on: 2016/11/15 9:53
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 697
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.


The Giuliani broken windows theory has pretty much been discredited by academics. It's controversial at best. But if you want, keep on believing.


I remember NYC in the eighties under Koch and then Dinkins. But you keep telling yourself that.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 22:47
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2918
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.

That is complete BS.

Crime rates started falling nationally in the early 90s; in NYC, that trend started before Giuliani took office, and kept going long afterwards. (That includes during the term of Bernie Kerik, who eventually got whacked with $221,000 in fines for ethics violations, and served 4 years in federal prisons on tax fraud and other charges.) Cities and states that did not utilize the same policies as NYC saw the same drops in crime rates.

He didn't exactly foster a great deal of racial harmony during his term. If anything, he played up racial tensions to inflame the city and bolster his "law and order" credentials.

He also had a lot of help fixing up Times Square. Those plans were in place, wait for it... long before he came into office, with some of the groundwork laid back in the Koch days, more during Dinkins. It was a City Council member who got the idea to purge areas of sex shops, and they just relocated to other areas (which later started to gentrify, of course). And of course, Giuliani hardly invented pressure on Manhattan real estate values.

Last but not least, almost everything he's said in the past 6 months has been bat-excrement insane. The idea that we're supposed to remember things he did over a decade ago, and forget the crazy things he's been saying all year long? How does that work?

I think the better way to put it is: I'm living in JC in spite of Giuliani, not because of him.


This post is a perfect example of how disconnected from reality liberals are.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 22:43
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.

That is complete BS.

Crime rates started falling nationally in the early 90s; in NYC, that trend started before Giuliani took office, and kept going long afterwards. (That includes during the term of Bernie Kerik, who eventually got whacked with $221,000 in fines for ethics violations, and served 4 years in federal prisons on tax fraud and other charges.) Cities and states that did not utilize the same policies as NYC saw the same drops in crime rates.

He didn't exactly foster a great deal of racial harmony during his term. If anything, he played up racial tensions to inflame the city and bolster his "law and order" credentials.

He also had a lot of help fixing up Times Square. Those plans were in place, wait for it... long before he came into office, with some of the groundwork laid back in the Koch days, more during Dinkins. It was a City Council member who got the idea to purge areas of sex shops, and they just relocated to other areas (which later started to gentrify, of course). And of course, Giuliani hardly invented pressure on Manhattan real estate values.

Last but not least, almost everything he's said in the past 6 months has been bat-excrement insane. The idea that we're supposed to remember things he did over a decade ago, and forget the crazy things he's been saying all year long? How does that work?

I think the better way to put it is: I'm living in JC in spite of Giuliani, not because of him.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 22:31
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.


The Giuliani broken windows theory has pretty much been discredited by academics. It's controversial at best. But if you want, keep on believing.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 22:00
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 697
Offline
Dolomiti, Don't forget Giuliani cleaned up NYC. It's probably the reason you live in Jersey City today.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 20:45
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pence has much better DC connections, and Christie will get an important job in the Cabinet, no worries.

Christie getting anywhere near the Cabinet is cause for concern. Not as much as Giuliani (shudder) but pretty close.

You might want to be worried, though. Given that Trump is as unpredictable as the spin of an electron, it's not looking good for your favorite elected official?


Quote:
In the meantime he can get a lot done in NJ....

Oh, really? Who or what is there left for him to screw up?

You do realize Christie's approval rating is heading straight down, yes? That Trump gives him the boot, he will have very little political capital left?

Posted on: 2016/11/14 14:26
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pence has much better DC connections, and Christie will get an important job in the Cabinet, no worries. In the meantime he can get a lot done in NJ, he's here for a good while. Even Prieto gave Whiney heat for the faux impeachment threat-which she did just to ride the anti-Trump sentiment from the butthurt Democrats.


Has Christie been booted from Trump's inner circle?

One can only hope.

I have no idea how Christie made it this far, given that he prosecuted Charles Kushner (the father of Jared Kushner, Ivanka's husband) and put him in jail for a year. There's already some rumors that Jared is trying to keep Christie out of the administration.


Quote:
Trump is probably disgusted with him for throwing Bridget Kelly under the bus - subjected to a prison term for up to 20 years. She has four young children. Christie is one cold hearted, selfish mother F-er.

lol.... I doubt Trump gives a crap about that. It's not HIS family, after all.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 14:17
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pence has much better DC connections, and Christie will get an important job in the Cabinet, no worries. In the meantime he can get a lot done in NJ, he's here for a good while. Even Prieto gave Whiney heat for the faux impeachment threat-which she did just to ride the anti-Trump sentiment from the butthurt Democrats.


Has Christie been booted from Trump's inner circle? Trump is probably disgusted with him for throwing Bridget Kelly under the bus - subjected to a prison term for up to 20 years. She has four young children. Christie is one cold hearted, selfish mother F-er.

Also, when the 2005 hot mic tape leaked, Christie distanced himself from Trump for a day or so. Bad move and Trump must view it as disloyalty. Compare to Guiliani's reaction - he came out swinging defending Trump.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 12:18
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Pence has much better DC connections, and Christie will get an important job in the Cabinet, no worries. In the meantime he can get a lot done in NJ, he's here for a good while. Even Prieto gave Whiney heat for the faux impeachment threat-which she did just to ride the anti-Trump sentiment from the butthurt Democrats.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 18:27
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
He has expressed considerable interest in chief of staff and has called it a close second to AG.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Chief of staff would be an odd position for Christie.
please, donald, take your fellow scumbag with you to dc.


Not so fast. Christie out as head of transition, replaced by Pence -

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politic ... ump-transition/index.html

Christie is damaged from Bridgegate, and giving Christie a position in the admin would elevate Kim Guadagno to Gov, and she's now the enemy. This is getting very interesting...

Posted on: 2016/11/11 17:27
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/13 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3317
Offline
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
He has expressed considerable interest in chief of staff and has called it a close second to AG.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Chief of staff would be an odd position for Christie.
please, donald, take your fellow scumbag with you to dc.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 16:21
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/9/23 21:55
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 209
Offline
He has expressed considerable interest in chief of staff and has called it a close second to AG.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Chief of staff would be an odd position for Christie.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 16:29
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2918
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
It will be quite interesting to see if Christie is nominated to a post requiring Senate hearings. I don't see that going well for him, although I guess in the end the republicans can force the issue since they have the votes and it doesn't seem like something that would get filibustered given the sheer number of odious (to democrats) appointments that are likely to occur.

My money is on chief of staff for Christie and I'd like to volunteer to help him pack as soon as he's ready.


Chief of staff would be an odd position for Christie. He will likely be rewarded with a true cabinet position, either as AG at DoJ or DHS Secretary.


Would love to see Christie at DHS, and Giuliani as AG.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 16:19
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3171
Offline
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
It will be quite interesting to see if Christie is nominated to a post requiring Senate hearings. I don't see that going well for him, although I guess in the end the republicans can force the issue since they have the votes and it doesn't seem like something that would get filibustered given the sheer number of odious (to democrats) appointments that are likely to occur.

My money is on chief of staff for Christie and I'd like to volunteer to help him pack as soon as he's ready.


Chief of staff would be an odd position for Christie. He will likely be rewarded with a true cabinet position, either as AG at DoJ or DHS Secretary.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 15:49
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/9/23 21:55
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 209
Offline
It will be quite interesting to see if Christie is nominated to a post requiring Senate hearings. I don't see that going well for him, although I guess in the end the republicans can force the issue since they have the votes and it doesn't seem like something that would get filibustered given the sheer number of odious (to democrats) appointments that are likely to occur.

My money is on chief of staff for Christie and I'd like to volunteer to help him pack as soon as he's ready.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 14:16
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/17 23:58
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 773
Offline
Governor Kim Guadagno in January?

Chris Christie’s Future Shifts Spotlight to His Lieutenant Governor

Kim Guadagno would become New Jersey’s governor if Christie resigns to join Trump administration

By KATE KING
Nov. 9, 2016 6:45 p.m. ET

http://www.wsj.com/articles/chris-chr ... enant-governor-1478735111


and we know...

Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno Will Not Cast Ballot For Donald Trump, Did Not Say Who She is Voting For

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ ... Vote-Trump-396468061.html


Posted on: 2016/11/10 14:00
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
'Concentration camp' guilty! Nazis! Drink!

Wait, was Christie was on trial here?

Oops. Never mind.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 19:32
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 13:42
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4134
Offline
Quote:

Stringer wrote:




Is it a case that yes, these 2 are guilty because they made it happen or is it a case of subordinates doing what they were told from a high power?
Concentration camp guards and officers wanted to make the same argument but failed also. What is most important is these 2 'guards' followed 'orders' and the person making those 'orders' needs to be put before the Courts.
Hopefully it will see Christie in Court to answer those charges, once all the gloves come off from those in the know.

If Christie was truly pissed by his subordinates, he would have fired them immediately, be as a prosecuting witness and even taken action in Court against the pair of insubordinates himself .... this we know he NEVER did.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 18:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Print Top




« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 41 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017