Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: where do stolen goods end up in JC?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
You live in a town that is notorious for car theft and theft in general. No matter how many times you tell people not to leave valuables in their cars, they still do. Then they act surprised and angry when the theft occurs. It's like going on an african safari with steaks dangling off you. Then when you get attacked, you can't understand why. A little common sense goes a long way in this world.

And yet just ANOTHER NEGATIVE COMMENT BY MR. JOHNSON. Dude, you are awesome. You say what everyone else is thinking. Wow, way to put these jc folks in their place. Keep them coming. You must be highly educated.

Posted on: 2012/5/24 21:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/9 18:35
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

You may want to try the local pawn shops in Jersey City and Bayonne. Also, check Craigslist.org. There are a lot of stolen items sold through that website.

Posted on: 2012/5/22 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
You live in a town that is notorious for car theft and theft in general. No matter how many times you tell people not to leave valuables in their cars, they still do. Then they act surprised and angry when the theft occurs. It's like going on an african safari with steaks dangling off you. Then when you get attacked, you can't understand why. A little common sense goes a long way in this world.

Posted on: 2012/5/20 18:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
-Lock your car and home doors.
-Keep all valuables out of sight or not in the car.
-Do not bother investing in a car alarm bc all that does is wake me up. If you are like me you do NOT run outside and investigate the matter NOR do you bother calling police (they won't come anyway for about 2 days).

Good luck!!!

Posted on: 2012/5/20 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
When a neighbor got robbed they had luck tracking down the items and finding the robber by going to local pawn shops...

The JCPD also told us items like PCs etc that get stolen are typically sold on the street - there is apparently some guy in JC that is known for taking valuables in exchange for drugs.

Lmfao @ "some guy", yea that guy and about a 1000 other drug dealers in this city. You thought you had inside knowledge lol

On a serious note this city does have fences for stolen items that are like a black market pawn shop. Chances are if it was a drunk/fiend he sold it to some one on the street for a few bucks and wouldn't waste the time with a pawn shop. If they were a teen or young guy they probably just kept it. So I would report the theft because you might get lucky and someone gets caught breaking into cars with your knife in their pocket.

Quoting what I was told... there is apparently one guy who has a reputation beyond others... which doesnt surprise me.

Thank you for adding quality insight with generic statements and stereotypes.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

yorkster wrote:
Happened to me a couple of weeks back York and Jersey. Stole a $300 pair of sunglasses I'd left in the car and a phone charger. I know others that this has happened too as well. I assume it's the same guy walking up and down the streets checking for unlocked car doors. On the bright side - they didn't bust my window to get in.

Probably not the same guy, but anyone hard up for a little cash who happens to see a car that's not locked. Serve on a grand jury and you'll see a whole bunch of cases of robbery and theft of items from a vehicle. And those are only the ones who get arrested.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Three hundred dollars for glasses? Now that is a real crime. Get thee to Chinatown sir.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 5:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Healy said crime is down.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
When a neighbor got robbed they had luck tracking down the items and finding the robber by going to local pawn shops...

The JCPD also told us items like PCs etc that get stolen are typically sold on the street - there is apparently some guy in JC that is known for taking valuables in exchange for drugs.

Lmfao @ "some guy", yea that guy and about a 1000 other drug dealers in this city. You thought you had inside knowledge lol

On a serious note this city does have fences for stolen items that are like a black market pawn shop. Chances are if it was a drunk/fiend he sold it to some one on the street for a few bucks and wouldn't waste the time with a pawn shop. If they were a teen or young guy they probably just kept it. So I would report the theft because you might get lucky and someone gets caught breaking into cars with your knife in their pocket.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
If I could find this gentleman perhaps he'd be interested in trading my knife back for some Tylenol PMs...

I'll check in at the pawn shop at Newark and Jersey see if they have it or any ideas. Low odds, but worth a quick look.

Bottom line, anything in your car has high odds of being swiped if it's valuable...

Posted on: 2012/5/16 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/5/16 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/12 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Happened to me a couple of weeks back York and Jersey. Stole a $300 pair of sunglasses I'd left in the car and a phone charger. I know others that this has happened too as well. I assume it's the same guy walking up and down the streets checking for unlocked car doors. On the bright side - they didn't bust my window to get in.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
My guess would be that he sold it to some random on the street or in one of the local bars for $20.

Posted on: 2012/5/16 15:15

where do stolen goods end up in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Made the mistake of not properly locking my car and within 16 hours one of the local thieves had rummaged through the car and snagged a few items. It was parked by Mercer and Jersey.

One item was a utility knife that is worth 175 or so. My question is do these thieves sell them to pawn shops in JC or any other place where I possibly could luck out and track it down? Obviously odds are low on this chase, but wondered if anyone knew of any popular places for quick cash on these type things...

Also, moral of story is always double check your car doors and don't leave valuable items in car

Posted on: 2012/5/16 14:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017