Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS CITY? - Three dead in Jersey City overnight shootings are identified
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like one of these was another carjacking:

============================================
Resized Image

Carjacking seen as motive in Jersey City slaying

Published: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Hudson County homicide detectives say they now believe carjacking was the motive that led to a Brooklyn man?s slaying in Jersey City last Tuesday morning.

?This type of random act of violence is disturbing to the community as a whole,? Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory said yesterday of the killing of Jose Pazmino, 52, in the Dunkin? Donuts parking lot at Tonnelle and Manhattan avenues.

The car driven by Jose Pazmino in the parking lot of the Dunkin' Donuts at Tonnelle and Manhattan avenues in Jersey City after he was shot to death.

Gregory said the motive was determined based on statements from witnesses who have come forward.

He said he hopes that knowledge of the motive provides information that may trigger additional tips from the public.

That morning, Pazmino finished his run at 2:41 a.m. and left Sal?s Hauling on Industrial Road in Carlstadt around 3 a.m., Gregory said.

While making his trip home, Pazmino pulled into Dunkin? Donuts about 3:17 a.m. and was killed minutes later, Gregory said.

He was shot once in the side through the window of the BMW he was driving, Gregory said.

Anyone with information on the killing is asked to call the Prosecutor?s Office Homicide Unit at (201) 915-1345

Posted on: 2011/7/20 19:14

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS CITY? - Three dead in Jersey City overnight shootings are identified

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/4 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
i honestly don't think the three murders were related. it was just an unfortunate series of events. the 27 year old who died was close to many of my friends and he suffered from what appeared to be a mild mental retardation, but he was a jokester and comedian, making everyone around him laugh. i honestly don't believe that he was the original target for any killings. if something happened, it mustve been a heat of the moment thing where the killer was either upset or hit the wrong person. he was not the kind of person to hang around the wrong crowd or bring negative attention to himself.

and im also wondering, exactly what is wrong with "those areas" thats not wrong with any other area in jersey city? is it a jab at the socio-economic conditions of the people living there? this city is how it is and the "good" and "bad" are mixed throughout. some places are just more "hidden" and more "quietly kept" with their drama than others...but ALL areas in this city become rowdy if you pay enough attention!

i agree with PP...withold your judgements until the FACTS emerge!

Posted on: 2011/7/18 2:03
no matter what, i'm luvin my jc!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
When I first read this story it looked to me like the 3rd shot was self inflicted? The first two could have been anything from something random to a drug deal gone bad. The 3rd victim I don?t get as that one is very vague. Since it?s a DD, there are cameras there, and if someone just randomly shot up a car the videos should show a suspect. But the article doesn?t mention one, can it be untreated to the first two shootings?

Posted on: 2011/7/14 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
What's going on? Easy, if you have ever been to those three areas, and I have, there is no surprises to this english industrialist that someone got shot. The tonnelle might be the most surprising of all, since the guy was 52 years old. But since the DD is next to the Ringside Lounge, ughghh..gotta be a connection!

Posted on: 2011/7/14 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
No problem. I think there may be a bit more behind the story than we've heard in the press. If it's as random and senseless as originally reported, it's truely shocking and horrific. Not everything adds up to me though. I think we need to suspend judgement a little and let the facts emerge.

Posted on: 2011/7/14 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
I understand - and feel for - the family in this and any other similar case, and I do agree that those who live in the immediate vicinity would also feel a sense of shock. I guess my point should have been more towards people who express such views on the news sites (in the comments section) or in forums.

Posted on: 2011/7/14 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
Quote:

spencems wrote:
Just to remind everyone that murders don't just happen in Jersey City....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa ... aByyBI_story.html?hpid=z3

I'm not sure why, but it really ticks me off when I hear/read about stories like the young child who was murdered, and the neighbors inevitably say something to the effect of "this is such a quiet neighborhood; this sort of thing doesn't happen around here".

It just goes to show the sheltered state of mind that people all across the US live in daily, where they don't realize that murder, rape and all-around evil can occur anywhere, and is not necessarily bound by socio-economic divisions across a city or county.

I think what's going though the local peoples mind's at the moment is shock. To accuse them of some kind of socio-economic complacency is heartless at best.

Posted on: 2011/7/14 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

spencems wrote:

I'm not sure why, but it really ticks me off when I hear/read about stories like the young child who was murdered, and the neighbors inevitably say something to the effect of "this is such a quiet neighborhood; this sort of thing doesn't happen around here".

It just goes to show the sheltered state of mind that people all across the US live in daily, where they don't realize that murder, rape and all-around evil can occur anywhere, and is not necessarily bound by socio-economic divisions across a city or county.

Posted on: 2011/7/14 1:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/13 22:20
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/13 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
...or could be high-temperatures combined with near full moon...

Posted on: 2011/7/13 21:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
@Grove

doubt they are related to the shootings in Newark, but knowing both cities i could be wrong. if they are realted we might have another serial shooting killer like we unfortunately did last year

Posted on: 2011/7/13 17:01

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS CITY?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
corybraiterman wrote: it's a city in the summer. in a down economy. in the not so good parts of town...

View Larger Map
View Larger Map
View Larger Map I wonder if any of these are related to the big Newark shooting overnight.. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011 ... njured_in.html#incart_hbx

Posted on: 2011/7/12 17:36

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS CITY?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
it's a city in the summer. in a down economy. in the not so good parts of town. quite frankly i'm surprised we aren't seeing more.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 16:54

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS CITY? - Three dead in Jersey City overnight shootings are identified
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _in_jersey_city_earl.html

Three dead in Jersey City overnight shootings are identified
Published: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 11:53 AM Updated: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 11:59 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

View Jersey City shooting deaths early morning July 12, 2011 in a larger map
Homicidal gunfire claimed the lives of three men in separate incidents in Jersey City overnight and investigators are scrambling to gather facts, officials said.
Craig Samson, 44, of Newark, was pronounced dead at the Jersey City Medical Center at 11:58 p.m. after being shot in a grocery store at Ocean and Orient avenues, Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory said.

James Cobbs, 27, of New Street, was pronounced dead at the Medical Center at 1:17 a.m. after being shot on Rutgers Avenue before 12:50 a.m., Gregory said.
Finally, Jose Pazmino, 52, of Brooklyn, was shot in the Dunkin Donuts parking lot at Tonnelle and Manhattan avenues at about 3:30 a.m. and he was rushed to the Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, Gregory said.
The homicides do not appear to be connected, Gregory said.
All three victims are undergoing autopsies at the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark and preliminary autopsy reports are expected by this afternoon, Gregory said.
The prosecutor would not comment on possible motives in the shootings, nor would he comment on possible suspects, but he did say there have been no arrests.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 16:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017