Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Changes at Hudson Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I have had to navigate that mess a few times over the past month and I find it almost unbelievable that after so much time, work and effort, that is the best our the project engineers could envision. There are too many loops, with too many lanes merging and leading to turnoffs, leading to confusion and massive backups at all times. A complete boondoggle, bordering on fraud and dereliction of duty.

It's currently a mess, but it's far from done, so the jury is still out.

Far from done? Are you speaking of the skyway? Are there plans for the intersection of 440 and communipaw. That is the biggest problem I see.

I guess it's not obvious, but the subject of this branch was the tpk 14A exit. There was wishful thinking for 440 and communipaw.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I have had to navigate that mess a few times over the past month and I find it almost unbelievable that after so much time, work and effort, that is the best our the project engineers could envision. There are too many loops, with too many lanes merging and leading to turnoffs, leading to confusion and massive backups at all times. A complete boondoggle, bordering on fraud and dereliction of duty.

Far from done? Are you speaking of the skyway? Are there plans for the intersection of 440 and communipaw. That is the biggest problem I see.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/17 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
A simple modern flyover bridge would easily solve that but could you imagine the totally incompetent city planners trying to get that off the ground.

i.e. Observer Hwy + Pulaski Skyway Nightmare.

Did you notice that the northbound 9 to Pulaski approach, and the Kennedy to 1-9 N ramp got WORSE after the grand makeover with all the loops? These big projects seem to be a crapshoot. I'm dying to see how the mess down at exit 14A to 440 and Global works out. They've been at that a while and there's a lot of high flying spaghetti.

A lot of truth to that, it used to be a much easier area to navigate.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
A simple modern flyover bridge would easily solve that but could you imagine the totally incompetent city planners trying to get that off the ground.

Did you notice that the northbound 9 to Pulaski approach, and the Kennedy to 1-9 N ramp got WORSE after the grand makeover with all the loops? These big projects seem to be a crapshoot. I'm dying to see how the mess down at exit 14A to 440 and Global works out. They've been at that a while and there's a lot of high flying spaghetti.

A lot of truth to that, it used to be a much easier area to navigate.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I guess the simple solution is to require dog owners that have pit bulls to carry liability insurance.

That's an astute observation, but along with decent liability insurance perhaps some advanced navigation/driving skills would also be warranted.

#holla

Posted on: 2016/11/17 3:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
That whole HM shopping area has made a nice come back over the last few years after being a dead zone. The Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet is always packed. Like some have mentioned the traffic is a nightmare. You can?t get in via the jug handle coming from Bayonne and you can?t get out going towards Journal Square. The box is always blocked with cars waiting to make the left onto 1 & 9.

Wondering if it will get better when the Skyway, Exit 14A, and the Bayonne Bridge work is finally done.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I guess the simple solution is to require dog owners that have pit bulls to carry liability insurance.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/17 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I wouldn't invest a dime in that mall until they solve the traffic fustercluck at the intersection of 440 & Communipaw. Northbound backs up all the way to Danforth in the middle of the day.

I have often thought of that as a solution. I have decided however that the NJTP would lose too much revenue so I'm sure it would never happen. Jersey City growing as it is definitely needs more access.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I wouldn't invest a dime in that mall until they solve the traffic fustercluck at the intersection of 440 & Communipaw. Northbound backs up all the way to Danforth in the middle of the day.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2016/11/17 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Urban Edge Properties to buy Jersey City mall for $43.7M

hudson malljersey cityurban edge properties

Urban Edge Properties, the strip mall unit of Vornado Realty Trust, is in contract to buy Hudson Mall in Jersey City for $43.7 million.

The 383,000 s/f property, which houses tenants such as Marshalls, Toys ‘R’ Us, Staples and Old Navy, has been privately owned since it was developed in 1966. The mall is adjacent to the Hudson Commons shopping center, which Urban Edge also owns. With the two properties, Urban Edge now owns more than 49 acres and 1,800 feet of frontage on Route 440, a busy state highway.

Vornado completed the spin-off of Urban Edge in January of last year. The firm, which is focused on New York, targets retail assets in urban centers. Some of its properties include Bruckner Commons in the Bronx, Crossbay Common in Queens and Burnside Commons in Manhattan. The company’s portfolio covers 14.8 million s/f across 83 properties. Urban Edge also has properties along the Washington D.C. to Boston corridor, Puerto Rico and California.

As part of the transaction, Urban Edge will assume the $23.8 million mortgage on the property that is scheduled to mature in 2023. According to the company, they expect the deal to close in the first quarter of 2017.

http://rew-online.com/2016/11/16/urba ... rsey-city-mall-for-43-7m/

Posted on: 2016/11/17 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
So Staples is moving inside the Hudson Mall?
What is going inplace of where Staple was when they move inside?

Posted on: 2011/3/24 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
On topic this time, I've never understood why the strip of 1-9 above N Bergen is so popular with big retailers when it's so far off the main roads on a traffic nighmare, while Hudson Mall and it's area sits so squalid and um...forgettable.

Demographics. The immediate neighborhood surrounding Hudson Mall is the poorest section of Jersey City. Union City/North Bergen isn't exactly the wealthiest place in the world, but it is certainly better off than the Greenville neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/3/23 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Whoops. In the immortal words of Emily Litella, never mind.

On topic this time, I've never understood why the strip of 1-9 above N Bergen is so popular with big retailers when it's so far off the main roads on a traffic nighmare, while Hudson Mall and it's area sits so squalid and um...forgettable.

Posted on: 2011/3/23 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
That mall is kind of a waste of space...

As I understand it, it was a bustling place back in the day.

WFM - outside of available space, I am sure we fail on demographics, per capita income, and proximity to big box stores at that location (Target, Best Buy, etc. - like in Millburn).

Our only hopes for a WFM is at the A&P location in Hoboken, if A&P bankruptcy results in that store closing the doors.

Posted on: 2011/3/23 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Brewster, It's not Downtown Jersey City List anymore. For some reason this thread came off the rails during a discussion of Newark St and landed out on rt. 440.
They are not talking about the Staples next to Modell's and across from Target.
They are the 'Brown-eaters' who will soon be able to get their paperclips while picking up take-out from Wok-n-Roll.
But not playing video games at Barcade.

Posted on: 2011/3/23 10:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Is Staples seriously moving into a space that I can't simply park and run into? It's not like the casual mall shopper is their target customers. WTF? If I have to screw around with that nightmarish parking structure to buy an ink cartridge while I'm out running errands I'm going elsewhere like Bestbuy or Target.

This was said in the other thread by someone else and it is mind boggling that people are unable to put two and two together. Let me repeat myself from there.

IT IS THE SAME PARKING LOT.

They are moving about 200 feet. It is the exact same f'n parking lot just a block north. It is free. It is the same parking lot. It is the same parking lot. It is the same parking lot.

Posted on: 2011/3/23 9:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Is Staples seriously moving into a space that I can't simply park and run into? It's not like the casual mall shopper is their target customers. WTF? If I have to screw around with that nightmarish parking structure to buy an ink cartridge while I'm out running errands I'm going elsewhere like Bestbuy or Target.

As for Whole Foods, what bothers me is the blind metrics like "distance". Distance has nothing to do with it, travel time and demographics should be the important numbers. Will someone drive 1/2 hr each way for groceries? Not us, my family simply doesn't care that much about what WF stands for.

There's a market here of at least 80K fairly affluent people just counting Downtown & Hoboken. C'mon JC CO-OP!! Make your play, the field's wide open!

Posted on: 2011/3/23 0:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Could house a Whole Foods, but won't anytime soon. WFM plans out their stores in development over the course of a couple years and doesn't take real estate on a whim just because a space became available. The location, a mere 7 miles from Edgewater and roughly the same from Milburn, and less than a mile from Tribeca, is far from ideal. Now that Tribeca delivers for a nominal fee, the prospects of a Whole Foods popping up in an area already saturated with Whole Foods becomes even less likely anytime soon. All one has to do is look at the explosive growth of western Brooklyn over the last ten years and WFM finally planned expansion into that borough (Gowanus) to see that Jersey City has a long way to go before its "earned" its own Whole Foods.

Posted on: 2011/3/23 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
and yes, the current Staples location could house a Whole Foods.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 22:12

Changes at Hudson Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm assuming the webmaster deleted those posts because it kinda hijacked the Barcade thread (rightfully so, sorry about that). But for those that were asking questions, what is happening is as follows:

The four stores in the south wing of the Hudson Mall proper are currently empty. Staples is moving from its current location in an adjacent building into those four locations. The three tenants, Good Fortune, Game Stop and the Dollar store have moved or are moving to other locations in the mall. GF and GS are both near the center of the mall while I am unaware of where the $ store is going to reopen at. The 5th store in that row, the Leather store, might also move, but I don't know if Staples is going to want that extra 2,000 sq. ft. so I don't really have an answer.

Unrelated, the Beauty Supply store in the mall that closed recently is simply just closed. It had nothing to do with the Staples move.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 22:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017