Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Wayne St. stabbing in the head/shooting tonight

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/3 18:44
Group:
Registered Users
Also, where is the description of the attackers in the "news" story?

Posted on: 2010/12/6 16:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/3 18:44
Group:
Registered Users
From JJ.

Jersey City man assaulted by three
Monday, December 06, 2010
A Downtown Jersey City man was jumped from behind and kicked during an assault by three men Friday night, police reports said.

Police were called to Wayne Street near Jersey Avenue on the report of an assault at 8:19 p.m. and spoke to a man with a cut on his face, reports said.

The victim said he was walking on Wayne Street when three men jumped him from behind, punched him, and hit him in his head with an unknown object, reports said.

When he fell, they began kicking him, reports said.

CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2010/12/6 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Yes it really did happen. The piece is in the print version of the JJ today. It is not in the online version yet.

Posted on: 2010/12/6 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

plnj wrote:
This thread is a broken record. There is no report of anything happening on wayne st last night so until there is lets end this BS

Somewhat agree.... aside from the "cop banter", are there any confirmed details about this supposed crime?

Posted on: 2010/12/6 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Yes, did the lay-offs already happen? No, I don't think so. What is stopping the JCPD from making Wayne Street a priority? The drug-dealers et al are presenting themselves on a silver platter and yet very little is done.

Hey, we agree for once, you no good dirty dog lover!

Posted on: 2010/12/5 14:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/16 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know what to make of threads like this and the talk about downsizing the police force. I never think twice about walking around downtown but hearing stuff like this makes me think twice. Of course I always use common sense and keep an eye on my surroundings. I don't know if I should be concerned that JC is about to descend into some apocalyptic chaos or if people are just being overly dramatic.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 3:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is a broken record. There is no report of anything happening on wayne st last night so until there is lets end this BS

Posted on: 2010/12/5 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
So what exactly happened? Do we have details aside from the back and forth about the cops and layoffs? Was a random person attacked or was this a druggie/thug/gang thing?

Posted on: 2010/12/5 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
sadly that block is a broken record. NYC was cleaned up block by block. Why JC can't take a similar approach is beyond me...

Posted on: 2010/12/4 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Yes, did the lay-offs already happen? No, I don't think so. What is stopping the JCPD from making Wayne Street a priority? The drug-dealers et al are presenting themselves on a silver platter and yet very little is done.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 19:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ScarletRogue wrote:
So that is what you have? Blame the police?

Yep. I like the "tip-line" phone number on the back of the squad cars. Here's a tip: Wayne Street. Go patrol it.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
^^^
Hey goofball, you think this stabbing is a CREDIT to the JCPD? And the fact that the police haven't ended the tyranny of "the thugs that have dogged that block for years" (your words, not mine) is part of my ideological disconnect?

You're an imbecile.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 16:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/14 0:51
Group:
Registered Users
So that is what you have? Blame the police? Here is a radical idea for all of the newcomer, fake hipster numbskulls out there. Blame the thugs that have dogged that block for years. This is not about your ideology. The lives that have been shattered by this event are not about you and your stupid ideology. Working right around the corner when it happened, The woman that was screaming bloody murder, and the people's families lives impacted by this are shattered, as is the civility-or lack thereof-and the peace of the neighborhood. You should be sickened by it, and not go on your ridiculous rants about police and causes. My heart goes out to the victims, and the people of the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:
That will make one or two of them wake up and get active. The Narcotics unit is being gutted to get the radio cars filled. They work really hard at what they do, and they're very good at it. Street Crimes is another one. Some really good cops are getting laid off. Other's are getting pulled into patrol. Again some very good cops gone. What do you think is going to happen in the innermost hood, where the majority of you have only read about in the Jersey, but really have no clue what goes on there? Its going to explode. The gangs and dealers are constantly shooting each other now. Get rid of them squads and its going to be a great turf war. And it wont stay contained.
I've said it before, the thugs out in Newark make our toughest gang bangers punks. Anybody around when that nitwit MoMo Moriarity launched his big sweep? National Guard Helicopter, TV crews, the works. The streets were deserted in the hood. Apparently the rumor was that a stick up crew from Newark was in the city and all of our tough little hood rats ran home to mommy. Like the early 90's there are going to be alot of pursuits to Newark. I've been on a few death rides over the bridges. When traveling in the area of Communipaw and the Highway especially use caution. I've seen them go through both red lights at 100 mph to get away. I'll bet there are absolute savages licking their chops right now knowing it's gonna be easy pickings.
If you live in Jersey City, get on the phone or up to the Astor Bar and tell him to cut all of the fat from the top first.Quote:

ScarletRogue wrote:
Another act of violence tonight on Wayne street. Early reports consisted of a shooting: looks like it might have been a stabbing to the head and brandishing of a gun. Be careful in that area tonight...and always.

Wait... Isn't this incident actually indicative of the failure of the police force to effectively stave off crime anyways? And based on the general invisibility of the police downtown (the only place I see constant police activity, bless their brave little blue hearts, is on THE WATERFRONT, typically busting balls for parking to enjoy the view or grab a latte at Starbucks) I can't imagine that this horde of savage Jersey Journal reading ruffians are sitting back salivating, just biding their time for the next 90 DAYS or whatever until they launch their attack.

You really are a fear-mongering racist creep, and should be stripped from the force.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Carpetbagger, for your sake, I hope you're just drunk.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 6:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
That will make one or two of them wake up and get active. The Narcotics unit is being gutted to get the radio cars filled. They work really hard at what they do, and they're very good at it. Street Crimes is another one. Some really good cops are getting laid off. Other's are getting pulled into patrol. Again some very good cops gone. What do you think is going to happen in the innermost hood, where the majority of you have only read about in the Jersey, but really have no clue what goes on there? Its going to explode. The gangs and dealers are constantly shooting each other now. Get rid of them squads and its going to be a great turf war. And it wont stay contained.
I've said it before, the thugs out in Newark make our toughest gang bangers punks. Anybody around when that nitwit MoMo Moriarity launched his big sweep? National Guard Helicopter, TV crews, the works. The streets were deserted in the hood. Apparently the rumor was that a stick up crew from Newark was in the city and all of our tough little hood rats ran home to mommy. Like the early 90's there are going to be alot of pursuits to Newark. I've been on a few death rides over the bridges. When traveling in the area of Communipaw and the Highway especially use caution. I've seen them go through both red lights at 100 mph to get away. I'll bet there are absolute savages licking their chops right now knowing it's gonna be easy pickings.
If you live in Jersey City, get on the phone or up to the Astor Bar and tell him to cut all of the fat from the top first.Quote:

ScarletRogue wrote:
Another act of violence tonight on Wayne street. Early reports consisted of a shooting: looks like it might have been a stabbing to the head and brandishing of a gun. Be careful in that area tonight...and always.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 4:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
This occured just as the JC Fridays event at the Barrow Mansion was starting their live performance of an old time radio play called It's A Wonderful Life.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 3:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
Wait until the weather breaks. That's all. Newark and JCPD understaffed. Clear your heads of any bias toward the Police and think about what this summer brings. If you cannot see that eliminating about twenty five percent of the Patrol Divisions most motivated, proactive officers is NOT a good thing, you are a lost cause, and you or someone you know personally will need a file number soon. Get in Healy's ass about this and tell him that he better look elsewhere for the money or there will be a political backlash against him and any of his cronies that will cost THEM all of THEIR jobs. Let them buy their own cars first. You're QOL is going downhill fast people.

Posted on: 2010/12/4 2:45

Wayne St. stabbing in the head/shooting tonight

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/14 0:51
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/12/4 2:10

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017