Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Healy Should Resign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Now that Healy has spoken publicly about his pedophiliac fantasies, he should resign. Whether he acted his fantasies out or not, speaking publicly about them, to a reporter, indicates he's mentally unstable. He should resign.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 2:41

Re: Jersey Journal Editorial Asks Healy To Resign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey Journal editors clearly misinformed: Healy letter

Published: Friday, August 06, 2010, 6:15 AM
Letters to the Editor/The Jersey Journal

On Monday, The Jersey Journal wrote an editorial again rife with lies about me, this administration and the Jersey City Police Department.

Our local, hometown newspaper does the residents of this city a great disservice by printing repeated fabrications.

At a meeting held last March referenced in the article, the crowd was not "sprinkled with municipal government employees," but supporters of all of the candidates running for office.

Yours truly, the incumbent, was greeted by the hosts of the meeting handing out broomsticks.

But I kept an open mind, and an open ear, to all of the concerns of the public in attendance. Crime was the main issue, and continues to be the top priority of my administration. While it is small comfort to the families of crime victims, our Jersey City Police Department has brought violent and non-violent crime to a 30-year low. We continue to work to bring those numbers even lower, and have not ended our crusade to rid our city streets of the deadly weapon of choice -- illegal handguns.

I am not sure where the editors of The Jersey Journal get their information, but clearly they continue to be misinformed. I have, and continue to be, outspoken on the issues of crime and gun violence and my administration and this Police Department will not rest in our efforts to reduce crime in our city.

JERRAMIAH HEALY
JERSEY CITY

Posted on: 2010/8/6 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Be careful what you wish for.
I think his replacement would be the President of the City Council, Peter Brennan.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resign ! ....................it's a pity we can't have a trial and sentence Healy for being a crap politician, tipping the quality of life on its head and shafting the tax paying residents of JC.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 22:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I may be insensitive to the touchy-feely stuff, but being slow to comfort crime victims would not even be near the top of my stack of the reasons he should resign.

Agreed. It is however highly indicative of a mayor in denial and /or hiding.

Whether because of the corruption trials, a sub-conscious admission of an inability to do the job or plain old apathy, the bottom line is this so-called administration must go.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I may be insensitive to the touchy-feely stuff, but being slow to comfort crime victims would not even be near the top of my stack of the reasons he should resign. I hope this is simply the start of a regular weekly feature: "Why Healy should resign". They won't run out of material soon.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Well done J.J.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 14:18

Jersey Journal Editorial Asks Healy To Resign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, he got re-elected, but he's not serving: editorial

Monday, August 02, 2010, 6:00 AM
The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal

In March 2009, an election year in Jersey City, about 300 residents gathered at Christ the King Catholic Church on Ocean Avenue to listen to mayoral candidates explain what they would do about the violence in the streets.

Because for some it was more about elections than public safety, the audience was sprinkled with municipal government employees programmed to cheer for the incumbent and boo the challengers.

Yet the issue was an emotional one. Too many residents are afraid to leave their homes at night.

The crowd was there to hear the man responsible for their safety, Mayor Jerramiah Healy.

What irked many who attended were claims by the mayor and Police Chief Thomas Comey that statistics proved how the crime rate was dropping in Jersey City. Residents were hardly convinced that this was true.

At one point, Healy said the Police Department had never fully implemented the latest initiative against crime called "Operation Ceasefire." It is an anti-gun violence program they said has been proven successful in other New Jersey cities.

Asked when it would be "fully" integrated into the city's crime fighting effort, the mayor responded "ASAP." Healy also promised to increase police manpower by 15 percent.

He was re-elected. No one knows how "fully" the crime-fighting initiative was implemented or how many more police are on the streets. It doesn't matter, because the public barometer has concluded that any exercise has failed.

The May election was followed by a bloody summer of shootings that included a gun battle between police and two suspects that led to the death of Detective Marc DiNardo.

This year, there have been many stabbings and shootings. Among the victims is 5-year-old Hasmera Clayton, who was shot in the neck at the Montgomery Gardens public housing complex July 16, allegedly by an 18-year-old man whom police say was shooting at another man.

Earlier in April, there was the tragic killing of Michael Muchioki and his fiancee Nia Haqq, 25. The couple had just come back from their own engagement party when they were shot and killed during a botched carjacking.

And with the violence, Healy has been invisible and quiet. He has been available for comments on news items concerning gun laws and is seen at the occasional ribbon cutting. He appeared at an anti-violence rally at Montgomery Gardens following the wounding of the 5-year-old.

How often has there been a public outcry from the mayor? There have been few sightings of him comforting a family destroyed by the violence.

The mayor did visit Hasmera Clayton in a Newark hospital after a bullet was removed from her neck -- nearly a week after her shooting made national news.

It is not enough from a mayor who seems disengaged from his City Hall office.

On Thursday, a trio of residents published a legal notice, a statement of their intent to seek the recall of the mayor.

Healy responded with reasons why people should not sign a recall petition. He asks that he be allowed to finish the job "to which I was elected ..."

He lists the reasons as initiating "furloughs, a hiring freeze and the layoff of hundreds of city workers to offset property tax increases" in difficult economic times, attracting development, ordering corporate polluters to clean up toxic sites, and initiating "the largest street resurfacing project in city history."

The mayor also touts his plan to improve a park per ward each year for the next 10 years, and to add hundreds of acres of new city parks.

Because he has not learned his lesson, he takes credit for using grants to "put more cops on the street, and institute crime fighting tools such as CompStat to bring crime to 30-year low."

This is a man who cannot console citizen victims of crime or their families. He is no New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, who last month immediately met with the families of two teen drowning victims in the Bronx.

This mayor is incapable of hearing the frightened beating of Jersey City's heart. Residents need someone who is not only capable in office but who cares about all people. This newspaper, again, would like Healy to step down as mayor. It would be a public service.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 13:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017