Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: "Click It or Ticket" wear your seat belt
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Then governement needs to fine anyone who goes into a McDonalds. More people die from heart desease.
Quote:

Binky wrote:
When you consider that the hospital care costs are ultimately shared by you, through insurance premiums and taxes, you might change your mind.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
If you don't wanna wear a seatbelt then I and Mr. Darwin encourage your behavior.

When you consider that the hospital care costs are ultimately shared by you, through insurance premiums and taxes, you might change your mind.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
The cops are going to ticket people for not wearing seatbelts?

I'm actually not sure that they will. I think they just take the grant money and say they wrote the tickets
Drivers here still speed, run stop signs, talk on cell phones and don't yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Sometimes all at the same time.

It is the end of the month, they will definitely be ticketing to fill quotas. Once this is over they will go back to not really caring.

I think any adult should have the choice to wear a seat belt but shouldn't be forced to. I could understand kids being forced to wear them.

Most of these tickets are given out in addition to speeding tickets etc. I remember in NYC the cops would often ticket "johns" who had solicitated prostitutes for not wearing a seatbelt (or any belt for that matter). If you don't wanna wear a seatbelt then I and Mr. Darwin encourage your behavior.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:

I'm actually not sure that they will. I think they just take the grant money and say they wrote the tickets
Drivers here still speed, run stop signs, talk on cell phones and don't yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Sometimes all at the same time.

It is the end of the month, they will definitely be ticketing to fill quotas. Once this is over they will go back to not really caring.

I think any adult should have the choice to wear a seat belt but shouldn't be forced to. I could understand kids being forced to wear them.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:

Posted on: 2010/5/26 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The cops are going to ticket people for not wearing seatbelts? They don't ticket drivers for running red lights. This is mind boggling.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
There are 2 reasons for seatbelt laws:

1. Its a money maker and the government wants your money.
2. The education system is a failure because people are not taught to take care of themselves.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I'm probably one of those rare individuals that feel the need to turn my head to look when backing up, but I can't do it properly wearing a seat belt. So I take it off to back up. The car behind me waits (impatiently) while I fasten back up and press forward.... only because it's the law and I don't want to give any municipality the satisfaction of getting any more money out of me.

I hate cars that ding ding ding when I don't put the belt on fast enough. I hate cars that automatically lock me in. And I hate the new seat belt law that's using State (grant) money to pay for extra officers to give out tickets.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Are you kidding me? This is getting rediculus. The rate of people wearing seatbelts rises so now they make the people in the back seats wear them too? Why, to make the rate fall again?

Too much govn't intervention on whats done IN the car.

I don't think you'll find a cop or fireman in the world who has a libertarian problem with seat belt laws. Not because they're all authoritarian maniacs who love bending society to their will. It's because they see the end result of people not wearing seat belts. I would think that after a few horrific accident scenes your opinion on the subject would start to change.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Are you kidding me? This is getting rediculus. The rate of people wearing seatbelts rises so now they make the people in the back seats wear them too? Why, to make the rate fall again?

Too much govn't intervention on whats done IN the car.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

margel wrote:
It would save a lot more lives if they used those officers to actually enforce traffic laws. Seat belts would be less important with fewer people running red lights and doing 90 down the skyway.

I do agree. The signs on the highway don't really mean anything. I mean... nobody drives 50 on the turnpike. So who actually gets ticketed? The people that drive beyond 25 miles over the speed limit?

I personally hate being told to wear my seat belt. I wear it. But I hate being told that I have to wear it or I'll be ticketed. The new law will make more money for the municipalities.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 12:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
It would save a lot more lives if they used those officers to actually enforce traffic laws. Seat belts would be less important with fewer people running red lights and doing 90 down the skyway.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 11:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The ticket should be 3 times the amount for failing to buckle up a child in a car or not having a suitable booster seat or baby capsule

Posted on: 2010/5/25 10:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

"Click It or Ticket" wear your seat belt
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Adults urged to wear seat belts

Monday, May 24, 2010
By KARINA L. ARRUE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Buckle Up! Even if you're an adult sitting in the back seat.

That's the message several Hudson County municipalities intend to deliver to careless motorists and their passengers during an aggressive "Click It or Ticket" campaign that kicks off today and lasts through the first week of June.

Anyone who is not wearing a seat belt can expect to be ticketed, said North Bergen Police Lt. James Somers, adding that legislation was passed in January that now requires every person in a car, including adults in the back seat, to wear a seat belt.

Extra police will be on hand to patrol roadways in Jersey City, East Newark, Harrison and Union City. The Hudson County Sheriff's Office is also participating.

The extra eyes on patrol are being funded through a grant from the state Division of Highway Traffic Safety.

Last year, North Bergen issued 379 tickets for seat belt enforcement, making it the top issuer in the county, Somers said.

According to the Division of Highway Traffic Safety, 443 of the 566 municipalities in the state participated last year, and as a result of such efforts, New Jersey's seat belt usage rate has risen to an all-time high of 92.7 percent.

Jersey City is taking it a step further with a pedestrian safety enforcement initiative designed to enforce and educate motorists about yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks.

"We are committed to the 'Click It or Ticket' campaign," Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey said. "We are dedicated to saving lives."

Posted on: 2010/5/25 5:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017