Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Which one is the truth Mr. Dehere?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/22 0:05
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Check out this week's BOE forum coverage at Jersey City Independent:

Final School Board Forum Digs Beneath the Talking Points
http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... neath-the-talking-points/

BOE Candidates Sound Off at Marathon HPHA Forum
http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... f-at-marathon-hpha-forum/

Posted on: 2010/4/16 14:24
The Jersey City Independent is the alternative news and culture source for Jersey City.
www.jerseycityindependent.com or jcindy.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/27 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

Ms_Taggart wrote:
... can find ways to impact things they don't have immediate control over. Get creative. Can't never could...

I will start work tomorrow on fixing the overburdened budget in California.

So JUST to be clear:

You giving California budget advice is comparable to a Jersey City Board of Education member having indirect influence over Jersey City education personnel decisions?

Interesting...

Posted on: 2010/4/16 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ms_Taggart wrote:
... can find ways to impact things they don't have immediate control over. Get creative. Can't never could...

I will start work tomorrow on fixing the overburdened budget in California.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/27 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
He deserves NO ONE's vote. All I heard was "this isn't in my control", "that isn't in my control"....

Cry me a river Dehere. I want someone on that board who thinks things can change and that can find ways to impact things they don't have immediate control over. Get creative. Can't never could...

Posted on: 2010/4/16 1:49

Which one is the truth Mr. Dehere?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/18 1:03
Group:
Registered Users
Your banner ad at the top of this website, along with others say you voted for "no tax increase". NJ.com is reporting the following in reference to your statements at the BOE candidate debate last night:
"Dehere reminded attendees that the board had no control over the tax levy increase, which was set by the state. Jersey City?s school budget is largely subsidized by the state." (source: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _school_candidates_1.html)

So which one is it...the board has no control over the tax levy, or you voted for no new taxes?

Posted on: 2010/4/16 1:34

Re: Jersey City Board of Education - Candidate Forums - Please Attend - Please Vote
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

Posted on: 2010/4/15 20:24

Re: Jersey City Board of Education - Candidate Forums - Please Attend - Please Vote
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I've known Carol for more than ten years -- friend, neighbor, school parent. She is smart, thoughtful, and motivated. I wish I could vote for her more than once. Oh wait...it's Jersey City. I can, right?

Posted on: 2010/4/15 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neanoora wrote:
I attended the forum in PS16 tonight. L. Terry Dehere comes across like a "moron". He is currently on the board. He needed questions repeated ad nauseam, when the other candidates were perfectly capable of answering. He needs to be voted OFF the BOARD. His responses didn't encourage me either, and his way of speaking, excuse me, yelling over people, didn't appeal to me.

Arthur Zigman sounded interesting. Does anyone know things about him? Based on what I heard tonight, I am leaning towards Zigman, Carol Lester and (currently feel a bit mixed about) Sterling Waterman.

I was there too last night and agree with you about Dehere, but felt McCann was the same.

I thought Carol Lester was the most qualified school board candidate up there and hope that Sterling Waterman will come through too.

As to Zigman, you can find out more about him and other candidates atThe Jersey City Independent.

Posted on: 2010/4/15 3:52
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
I attended the forum in PS16 tonight. L. Terry Dehere comes across like a "moron". He is currently on the board. He needed questions repeated ad nauseam, when the other candidates were perfectly capable of answering. He needs to be voted OFF the BOARD. His responses didn't encourage me either, and his way of speaking, excuse me, yelling over people, didn't appeal to me.

Arthur Zigman sounded interesting. Does anyone know things about him? Based on what I heard tonight, I am leaning towards Zigman, Carol Lester and (currently feel a bit mixed about) Sterling Waterman.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
bjay wrote: The ballot has a place to vote yes or no on the $618 million budget. What happens to the budget if the vote is no? Will the new board then develop a new budget? I'd like to hear what the candidates recommend -- should we vote no and send the budget back? Thanks.
Suggest you come to one of the forums below to ask your question directly and hear candidates speak: Tuesday, April 13, 7 pm The Historic Paulus Hook Association will host a forum in the auditorium of PS #16 (96 Sussex St.) Thursday, April 15, 7 pm Jersey City Families for Better Schools and the Jersey City PTO Coalition will host a forum in the auditorium of PS #11 (886 Bergen Ave.)
bofedemail

Posted on: 2010/4/13 19:53
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
The ballot has a place to vote yes or no on the $618 million budget. What happens to the budget if the vote is no? Will the new board then develop a new budget?

I'd like to hear what the candidates recommend -- should we vote no and send the budget back?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 19:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 19:09
Group:
Registered Users
I will be there, too. Looking forward to it!

Posted on: 2010/4/13 19:09
Vote April 20th, 2-9pm

sterlingwatermanforjcboe@gmail.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Carol Lester will be participating tonight and has taken part in the prior forums hosted by PCUE and the NAACP.

for more information on her candidacy, please visit - onejerseycity.org

Posted on: 2010/4/13 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the polling place locator for any of you who might be unsure or are looking it up for a friend:

https://voter.njsvrs.com/PublicAccess/ ... Place/PollPlaceSearch.jsp

Posted on: 2010/4/7 21:44
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/7 21:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
Can you mail in your vote? And if so, how?

Posted on: 2010/4/7 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
prior to these forums, the NAACP will host a forum on April 8th at the Mary Bethune Center, 140 MLK.

Posted on: 2010/3/31 0:38

Jersey City Board of Education - Candidate Forums - Please Attend - Please Vote

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/27 15:27
Group:
Registered Users
On April 20th Jersey City voters will elect three new Board of Education members. All Jersey City residents and taxpayers, parents and caregivers are welcome to learn about the issues and meet the candidates at two free Board of Education forums.

The candidates will present their platforms after which audience members will have an opportunity to ask questions directly to the candidates.

First Forum
Date: Tuesday April 13th, 2010
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Hosted by: The HPHA

Second Forum
Date: Thursday April 15th, 2010
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Hosted by: JCFBS and JC PTO Coalition

GET OUT AND VOTE!

The Jersey City Board of Education Election is Tuesday April 20, 2009

Make an informed vote ? join us on April 13th and April 15th to learn about the candidates.

About the HPHA: The Historic Paulus Hook Association, a 501 c 3 organization, also known as the HPHA, was founded on Sunday, September 24, 1974 to promote the common good of area residents and to improve the quality of life in the Paulus Hook neighborhood of downtown Jersey City. The HPHA supports and works for public safety, historic preservation, and responsible development.

About JCFBA: Founded by Jersey City parents with a bold agenda to actively work with local school administrators, the New Jersey Department of Education, the political leadership of Jersey City, teachers and parents to bring meaningful reform to a struggling school district.

About Jersey City PTO Coalition: The Jersey City PTO Coalition members are the Presidents from the various Jersey City Parent Councils with a mission to serve as advocates & partners, working with the Board of Education to focus on improving the education, health & safety of all children within the district.

Any questions of comments, please contact Andr?e Bourgon at andree.bourgon@gmail.com

Posted on: 2010/3/30 15:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017