Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Enos Jones Park.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I noticed tonight that most of the junk and stolen construction stuff was gone from the skate-rink. I guess the city cleaned it up. It certainly looks a lot better.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 3:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/11 20:41
Group:
Registered Users
I never post anything on here but I cannot resist with this topic! As I was routinely walking my dog yesterday I decided to walk along the sidewalk on the side of the basketball courts towards Brunswick St...Keep in mind this is something I would never do at night because this seems to be the hot spot for receiving random sexual acts in the front seat of cars. Anyway, as I'm walking, my small dog decides to snack on a chicken bone the size of it's leg so I quickly reach inside her mouth to retrieve it. As I'm struggling to get this thing out I hear someone laughing in the background...I look up and see a girl around the age of 15 or 16 red in the face laughing at me while she's sitting in the front seat of a parked SUV stuffing her face with CHICKEN WINGS. This was not something I was ready to put up with being that I just got home from working all day so I politely ask her what it is that she's laughing at...she proceeds to start calling me every four-letter word you can think of and concludes with "Just throw the dog a freiken bone already"...

It took every ounce of strength I had to walk away and it angers me so much knowing that there's nothing I can do about it! I wish I could go right to the source and demand that they stop selling these stupid chicken wings because every single one ends up on the sidewalk somewhere...I guess it would help if they used trash bags in the cans...

Posted on: 2009/6/11 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
nice. u gonna phone it in?

I sent a link to Fulop. BTW, they were back today. 2 trucks, 3 guys and no one around except me and my dogs. I let my one dog off leash to see if they were there to enforce the leash law but they did nothing. They were just watching the ball games.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
The sad part about those trucks pictured above, is that I see city workers parked there about one in three times I go to the park, which is about once a day. It could be a cop car, animal control, park works, etc.... this is their little nap hideout.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, I have a good EJ story from today. So, I was walking the dog. I cleaned it up. Responsibility!

Anyway, the coach of the Athletics started yelling at the umpire. "You're calling all the balls as strikes and the strikes as balls. You just want to get outta here! You don't even know the game! You don't even care, and just want to leave!"

Of course his team was down 8-0 in the bottom of the third inning, but it was the ump's fault. The Braves were walloping away. It was a real throttling. What's the mercy rule, a ten run lead?

This typical JC p/o/s had the balls to say, "How are the children supposed to learn the game? We're here trying to teach them when to swing and when not to, but you're screwing it up by calling it all wrong. You're just trying to get paid and get out of here!"

His "proof" for this was that his relief pitcher only had three warmup pitches. The ump said he asked the kid, and the kid said he was ready to go. Maybe he should have given him more time, but I don't think it explains the 8-0 score.

Stupidly, the ump engaged this moron instead of throwing him off the field. Eventually he told him to stay in the dugout, which of course the guy didn't do. The other coaches behave responsibly, but fathead was intent on proving his worth to 30 kids and families.

He had already tried to inspire the team with this pearl: "Don't try to tell me you came here to lose! It's not about losing, it's about playing to win, but I ain't e'en seein' dat." Very inspiring. Doggie shat a squishy one out of fear and pride.

Living in Jersey City, this sort of bull isn't even exciting anymore. It's just predictable: some sorry sack spouting off because he's a sorry sack.

In Jersey City, "the children" always lose when the local imbeciles fight over turf.

Fortunately, the low-class behavior I saw today won't be long for this world.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 5:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
nice. u gonna phone it in?

Posted on: 2009/6/10 4:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/6/10 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
need photos of the license plates and truck numbers
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/6/10 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
need photos of the license plates and truck numbers

Posted on: 2009/6/10 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante, why not buy one of those little boating air horns? Sneak up on them and scare the shit out of them. It won't really accomplish anything, but you will certainly enjoy it!

On a more serious note, sometimes they might have thier name embroidered on thier chest. Maybe write down thier name, or truck number or something and try to report them.... although this IS JC, so that would accomplish even less than the air horn idea.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Your tax dollars hard at work. One truck behind the baseball field, the other at the dead-end street.

Resized ImageResized Image

Posted on: 2009/6/9 22:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/7 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
I have always enjoyed walking my dog to Enos Jones...there is some grass around the perimeter.

Everytime I have been it is crowded. During the Spring/Summer/Fall lots of little league games, skaters, and hoop-shooters.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
When I lived over there (sorta) I would shoot hoops, but the park was mostly empty... as in mostly empty and useless baseball fields which help nobody!

Posted on: 2009/6/9 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Is the first time the Hamilton Park community even noticed EJ?

Believe me, even if we can't see EJP we can hear it. Those loudspeakers are a joke and a nuisance to their "neighbors".

Posted on: 2009/6/8 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is the first time the Hamilton Park community even noticed EJ?

Posted on: 2009/6/8 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Update at the basketball court... The backstop on the east side of the court is gone and the fence has been chained up.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 21:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users
Seen at 5:30 p.m. on Friday...... city worker in white pickup sound asleep.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No worries. I just share the frustration that the park could be a lot more than what it is. It doesn't help that it's next to the overpass.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

PBW wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

PBW wrote:
I live close to EJP and occasionally walk my dog thru there.

For those not familiar, there are two baseball fields there, locked all the time, which I think, too, is a shame we can't get on.

To take their side for a minute, you see how the skateboarders litter the rink there (as stated above) and not all dog owners are responsible (as stated above). So I can't blame them for wanted a clean field when they play their games.

It would be cool, even if only in the summers, they could open one of them weekend mornings, to let people play frisbee or practice ball with their Dads or whatever.

What if we had neighborhood volunteers who signed up for 9-12 morning shifts on weekends to watch the park to make sure people don't litter and that dog owners pick up their dod poop? I would do one a month.
If someone wants to help organize something like this let me know, or if someone could point me to the right person to talk to, PM me.

As far as the NID guys, all I can say is typical. I hate to think I'm turning into a curmudgeon like Vigliante, but what can I say?

Curmudgeon? More like whistle-blower. Anyway, the dogs never go onto the ball-fields nor would we want to. We understand and respect the need for nice fields. Most of the dog-walkers use the far remote corner of the park, well away from anyone. I think the influx of people from HP has been a good influence as we will give Hell to anyone not cleaning up after their dogs. That would explain why there is less poop around the park now. The dogs do love to walk past the Little League field because there are chicken bones and litter everywhere. The skaters trash the area around the rink and the BB players simply toss their empty bottles over the fences onto the grass. Yet, once again, the dog-owners are the bad guys? I have never ONCE seen the NID people harass litterers or people who play ball on the area clearly marked NO BALL PLAYING. Once again, I am happy the kids have their baseball league it's just a shame about the hypocrites who run it.

I don't think I called dog owners the bad guys anywhere, unless you were referring to the NID.
I haven't disagreed with anything you wrote, except for the dogs never go on the ball field nor would they want to. I think if the fields were open there would be dogs on there. They just don't have the option now. I'm just trying to throw out suggestions on getting them open, even for a limited time, offering to donate my time, for people like you, me and the rest of our neighbors, including the dad and son who might want to play catch.

Sorry. I wasn't targetting you with my comments. They were aimed at our corrupt, old boys goverment.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

PBW wrote:

For those not familiar, there are two baseball fields there, locked all the time, which I think, too, is a shame we can't get on.

To take their side for a minute, you see how the skateboarders litter the rink there (as stated above) and not all dog owners are responsible (as stated above). So I can't blame them for wanted a clean field when they play their games.

It would be cool, even if only in the summers, they could open one of them weekend mornings, to let people play frisbee or practice ball with their Dads or whatever.

What if we had neighborhood volunteers who signed up for 9-12 morning shifts on weekends to watch the park to make sure people don't litter and that dog owners pick up their dod poop? I would do one a month.
If someone wants to help organize something like this let me know, or if someone could point me to the right person to talk to, PM me.

As far as the NID guys, all I can say is typical. I hate to think I'm turning into a curmudgeon like Vigliante, but what can I say?

Curmudgeon? More like whistle-blower. Anyway, the dogs never go onto the ball-fields nor would we want to. We understand and respect the need for nice fields. Most of the dog-walkers use the far remote corner of the park, well away from anyone. I think the influx of people from HP has been a good influence as we will give Hell to anyone not cleaning up after their dogs. That would explain why there is less poop around the park now. The dogs do love to walk past the Little League field because there are chicken bones and litter everywhere. The skaters trash the area around the rink and the BB players simply toss their empty bottles over the fences onto the grass. Yet, once again, the dog-owners are the bad guys? I have never ONCE seen the NID people harass litterers or people who play ball on the area clearly marked NO BALL PLAYING. Once again, I am happy the kids have their baseball league it's just a shame about the hypocrites who run it.

I don't think I called dog owners the bad guys anywhere, unless you were referring to the NID.
I haven't disagreed with anything you wrote, except for the dogs never go on the ball field nor would they want to. I think if the fields were open there would be dogs on there. They just don't have the option now. I'm just trying to throw out suggestions on getting them open, even for a limited time, offering to donate my time, for people like you, me and the rest of our neighbors, including the dad and son who might want to play catch.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It'd be great to have somewhere to play soccer downtown.

Robin.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

PBW wrote:

Posted on: 2009/6/5 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/5 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, in general. I will look into it more.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 12:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The fields seem to be controlled by a select group of people. Last week there was a neighborhood guy, obviously coerced by the baseball people, harassing dog-walkers and claiming to be from the Health Dept. He had liquor on his breath and refused to produce an ID. Voila, a few days later there are NID guys lounging about in their trucks and doing nothing. It is obvious they are now trying to intimidate dog-walkers. Sorry "baseball nazis" we ain't going anywhere. Meanwhile, a city with a horrible Animal Control Dept is wasting money on these NID people who won't confront litterers or the a-holes who let their dogs poop everywhere. How does one get these kinds of jobs? Whose cousin or brother-in-law hooked these guys up with these fake positions? Slime-balls all of 'em.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
I walk my dog at EJP every day. There was a problem with dog poop a while ago, but it is much better now. I can only guess that the person/s that didn't pick up has left the area.

But about the park because I am curious...
Why are the baseball fields not available to the public? In the city I grew up, there were baseball parks everywhere and none were chained. My dad would take me out for batting practice and work on my infield game. Some of the best memories I have with my dad were on those fields. Would it be possible to open the fields up during the day for public use or are the fields private? Who runs the place? I'm serious... I would like to know and I don't know the history of the park.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's true that was not my most coherent post. Others have been well thought out.

Here, I was refering to the issues raised by the original poster. You.

Throw your dog poop at whomever you wish, but not at innocents, as I am here.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
I'm glad you like baseball, and are filled with a youthful spirit (or whatever) when you see it going on.

I agree 100% with you comments on the litter. That's a city-wide problem and the baseballers seem to think the new EJ dog park is a bigger problem than litter. It's true, you don't want your kids playing around dog pile. Apparently nobody at HP considered that... fortunately that failed dog-free-for-all is over.

Ok. Whatever. I don't want to relitigate that point. I don't even live over there, but I used to live near MB and EJ.

My real point is this: this town has too many empty baseball fields. We might all disagree about active and passive recreation, etc. Some people like ball. Some people like benches. Etc.

But downtown has at least six empty baseball fields. Or maybe ten! Nah, it has to be twenty.

Step one: fix Mary Benson park for the modern era... take down those damn fences. The whole park is a patch of dirt, reserved exclusively for the women's and bar softball league for 3 months of the year. Of course they' don't pay the upkeep alone.

I say open that field all year until the park become something we can all agree on. No chains on those gates. Let the kids hit the ball around. (Having lived over there, I know there's a lot of broken glass and empty bottles near the basketball court. I know, you'll say, but you want that to spread?! Well, who says it has to?)

Enos Jones locks their fields too. Selfish. But, at least those fields are a bit nicer. (Too nice).

You should only post when you're sober. WTF are you talking about dogs? There were no dogs there. There was just 2 trucks and 3 guys "hanging out" on your dime.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm glad you like baseball, and are filled with a youthful spirit (or whatever) when you see it going on.

I agree 100% with you comments on the litter. That's a city-wide problem and the baseballers seem to think the new EJ dog park is a bigger problem than litter. It's true, you don't want your kids playing around dog pile. Apparently nobody at HP considered that... fortunately that failed dog-free-for-all is over.

Ok. Whatever. I don't want to relitigate that point. I don't even live over there, but I used to live near MB and EJ.

My real point is this: this town has too many empty baseball fields. We might all disagree about active and passive recreation, etc. Some people like ball. Some people like benches. Etc.

But downtown has at least six empty baseball fields. Or maybe ten! Nah, it has to be twenty.

Step one: fix Mary Benson park for the modern era... take down those damn fences. The whole park is a patch of dirt, reserved exclusively for the women's and bar softball league for 3 months of the year. Of course they' don't pay the upkeep alone.

I say open that field all year until the park become something we can all agree on. No chains on those gates. Let the kids hit the ball around. (Having lived over there, I know there's a lot of broken glass and empty bottles near the basketball court. I know, you'll say, but you want that to spread?! Well, who says it has to?)

Enos Jones locks their fields too. Selfish. But, at least those fields are a bit nicer. (Too nice).

Posted on: 2009/6/5 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Jersey City Residents, today you should know that your tax dollars were well spent again at EJP. 2 Trucks with a total of 3 city workers sat idling at the back of the park. The "workers" were chatting on their cellphones and reading the newspaper. It was at 6pm so I am sure their was some nice overtime being earned. Good Job Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 0:14

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017