Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cops: Officers recognize fellow shopper as mugger

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 5:38
Group:
Registered Users
I would just like to say that everyday the police officers of jersey city and all around put effort into making our city safer....I believe that all should realize the sacrafices these officers make everyday.And,that we are lucky that these officers are well aware of our surroundings and descriptions in order to identify those who are wanted....A big round of applause for all the police officers of Jersey city.......And,nothing is handed to anyone on a silver platter....Its called knowing what you do best......Great job....Keep up the great work JC ..........

Posted on: 2009/3/26 2:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 8:40
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sandstone wrote:
Vigilante- it's silver platter. Not to siver, you idiot!

Kind of quick to refer to someone as an idiot for a typo don't you think. And if a typo makes someone an idiot, tell me what "not to siver" means.

Bravo!

Posted on: 2009/2/28 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mids wrote:
Wow! Great job by both cops- I know both are very proactive, I work with them.

No kidding? So does Pinky. I support the cops but shilling for them on an arrest that was handed to them on a silver platter? It's their job to be alert and they did a good job. Kudos to them.

No, Kevin~ I do not work for JCPD. But, I certainly do know the difference between good cops and bad cops and the reply coming from someone who has known me for over 14 years calling me "a shill" pisses me off beyond belief especially when it comes to police officers.

Sorry Robin, the shill comment was probably harsh but when someone other than Grovepath posts an article it is usually because they have an agenda.

Apology accepted....

Posted on: 2009/2/27 20:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
i thought the pinkster is a shill for healy
who's kevin?

Posted on: 2009/2/27 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mids wrote:

No kidding? So does Pinky. I support the cops but shilling for them on an arrest that was handed to them on a silver platter? It's their job to be alert and they did a good job. Kudos to them.

No, Kevin~ I do not work for JCPD. But, I certainly do know the difference between good cops and bad cops and the reply coming from someone who has known me for over 14 years calling me "a shill" pisses me off beyond belief especially when it comes to police officers.

Sorry Robin, the shill comment was probably harsh but when someone other than Grovepath posts an article it is usually because they have an agenda.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mids wrote:

Posted on: 2009/2/27 18:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users

Kind of quick to refer to someone as an idiot for a typo don't you think. And if a typo makes someone an idiot, tell me what "not to siver" means.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Mids wrote:

Posted on: 2009/2/27 16:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/16 13:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

People can blame the Cops, The Mayor, The Police Chief, The Council people...I blame the criminals!.

Thank you! We live in a CITY, an urban area that is home to lots of disadvantaged individuals. Crime (unfortunately) is going to happen here. No mayor or police chief in the world is going to save you from crime in JC.

Yes, our "esteemed"elected leaders could probably do a lot better job. But to really help the crime problem, as a society we need to address the difficult problems. We all need to work to help improve the underlying economic, educational, and social factors that are really the root causes of crime. just my $0.02

Posted on: 2009/2/27 14:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/7 1:43
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! Great job by both cops- I know both are very proactive, I work with them. Two good arrests in one week!

Posted on: 2009/2/27 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Is this a joke? The easiest arrest in JCPD history and we're supposed to get all excited? One perp on a siver platter, Please.

Four punks punched someone in the face, held him down and robbed him. A few hours later, the coward punk is in a convenience store and in walks two cops. Timing is everything and a +1 for the victim getting some justice and score a +1 for us that he was arrested for his crime and we don?t become his next victim.

Timing is everything and I am thrilled at least one of them was caught. We all have different ways of looking at things and I for one am thankful that there are people who put their life on the line daily to keep us safe. People can blame the Cops, The Mayor, The Police Chief, The Council people...I blame the criminals!.

That's why I posted my comment...

Posted on: 2009/2/27 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Is this a joke? The easiest arrest in JCPD history and we're supposed to get all excited? One perp on a siver platter, Please.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 5:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
After Matos was arrested police found the victim's checkbook in his back pocket; Matos said, "I was going to give it back," reports said.

I cannot believe he actually said that, did he think the cops were going to believe him and let him go. What an idiot.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I am glad to read about this arrest. This is one of the guys I was talking about a month ago under another topic that robbed my cousin in middle school. I see he hasnt changed in the last ten years.

Posted on: 2009/2/26 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Im starting to think its time to bring back police brutality

Posted on: 2009/2/26 23:01

Cops: Officers recognize fellow shopper as mugger
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: Officers recognize fellow shopper as mugger

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Thursday February 26, 2009, 4:36 PM

Jersey City cops getting a beverage at a convenience store this morning realized a fellow shopper matched the description of a mugger and held him until the victim positively identified him, officials said.

Eric E. Matos, 23, of Sixth Street, was arrested at 3:15 a.m. and charged with robbing a 28-year-old man on Paterson Street a few hours earlier, officials said.

At 12:39 a.m. police responded to Paterson Street where the victim said four people approached him and one of them, a man, punched him in the face, reports said. A second man and a woman held him down and robbed him of a bag containing an $800 laptop and a $100 textbook, reports said.

The victim was able to give descriptions of three of his attackers and when Officers Cesar Celestino and Luis Morales were in a convenience store nearby on Kennedy Boulevard they spotted Matos and thought he matched the description of the man who had punched the victim, reports said.

The officers waited for Matos to leave the store and checked him for weapons before holding him until the victim was brought there and confirmed he was one of his attackers, reports said.

After Matos was arrested police found the victim's checkbook in his back pocket; Matos said, "I was going to give it back," reports said.

WAY TO GO JCPD!!!!!

Posted on: 2009/2/26 22:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017