Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Schundler drops mayoral bid
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
NEWGUY:

When fund raising for his campaign Councilman Fulop never stated that it was a run for Mayor. In fact, all checks were made out to Fulop 2009, and was almost stated at every event that the money went towards what ever he decided to do with his career in 2009.

Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for Fulop to return the funds, being that they were donated for him to either re-run for his seat or seek higher office.

As for Schundler he stated the money was for his mayoral bid, that's where the difference comes in.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
New show tonight, Newspaper Articles, on Bret Schundler. Speak NJ show was produced during Schundler announcement he was dropping his mayoral bid. So the show is for newcomers who wonder about the man. Tonight on Comcast Monday 10:30 PM, Tuesday 9:00 PM or watch the show from www.speaknj.com web site.
Yvonne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5B_3oRUoFo&feature=channel

Posted on: 2009/1/26 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jeebus wrote:
[...](blather, blather)

Your refusal to address a claim that you made and attempts to disparage my reading skills and lack of obsession with Schundler and his critics is silly and sad.

:yawn:

Posted on: 2009/1/22 8:11
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I called _your_ claim that all libertarians "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk" a broad and unsubstantiated claim. You pointed to the website in your sig (which apparently isn't even yours) as substantiation of this claim but it has nothing backing this up. E.g. "libertarian" appears nowhere in a search of the web site.

Your refusal to address a claim that you made and attempts to disparage my reading skills and lack of obsession with Schundler and his critics is silly and sad.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

Jeebus wrote:
I took a look at your site and don\'t see how it explains how I (much less all libertarians) \"talk the talk, but don\'t walk the walk\". It\'s such a broad and unsubstantiated claim that it amounts to mere name-calling.

Not my site, \"Jeebus\", but if you were around during Schundler\'s time you already know it\'s the site of Mia Scanga, who together with Yvonne Balcer are two of the most notable involved citizens of JC for quite a long time. Yvonne does the \"Talking Politics\" TV site interviewing politicians, activists, etc.

You call Mia\'s site a \"broad and unsubstaniated claim\". You obviously don\'t know how to read news articles that are \"links\" (each of the blue lines are links with a mouse rollover and since the links are now dead you have to search each archive of the specific media) or the Arthur Anderson Audit and the past financial analysis of our tax situation here in JC. I\'m not going to do your homework for you, but here\'s just one example of the numerous media cited (Star Ledger, Jersey Journal for two):

Quote:
Check out the ARTHUR ANDERSEN SPECIAL AUDIT REPORT required by the State in order for Jersey City to qualify for last year\'s additional $16 Million Distressed Cities Monies. In typical Schundler fashion, all of the City\'s problems are a result of the lack of adequate state funding not the fact that the more $$$$ you give Schundler the more he mismanages. The audit results confirm what I and other activists having been saying for years.Schundler is an INCOMPETENT ADMINISTRATOR WITH NO REAL VISION NOR LONG TERM PLANNING FOR THE CITY.....

\"Jersey City\'s government suffers from a lack of planning, is awarding overly generous tax breaks to commercial developers, and is at risk of losing millions of dollars in federal funding because of poor management, according to a preliminary report drafted by an independent consulting firm.\" Star Ledger, Report faults Jersey City management , 4/23/01.....

I guess if I spent the time that you have to devote a site opposed to a specific politician and they bowed out of politics I would be happy to move on rather than continue obsessing about them.

Nothing on Mia\'s site was done by me! Are you unable to read?? I posted her site in my sig as most of the newbies (probably including you no doubt)know nothing about Schundler other than statements by those who supported him, primarily his minions, church members of Grace Church where he sits on the Board, and others who benefitted from his being in office like developers. I felt it my civic duty to inform them, thus my sig.

If you had bothered to read my prior post here you would have seen it said: Quote:
Brightmoment wrote:
I\'ve answered that question (\"why I dislike Schundler\") ad nauseum on this site and the reasons are stated on Mia Scanga\'s excellent web site covering Schundler\'s past Mayoralty: (Home pg of my sig below!)

I hardly agree with all of Schundler\'s positions but his giving back donors\' money speaks very well of him, especially since he\'s financially strapped and it\'s not the normal practice.

Once again, you didn\'t read the press releases or the news reports. Schundler said he would give donor\'s back \"a large percentage\" of their money. Much like he promised to give back the monies to those he raised funds from in his race for Governor.

Quote:
Brett Schundler wrote: [...]we will be providing a very large percentage refund to everyone who contri buted[...]

Quote:

PolitickerNJ.com
Resized ImageBret Debt
posted by Leon Abbett

With the money he claims he raised, I wonder if Schundler will pay off the debts he has not tried to settle since his last run for Gov or will he use the \"economic downturn\" now as his excuse not too?

Funny how there is no ELEC report but he raised that kind of money.

Posted on: 2009/1/22 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newguy wrote:
Just thinking out loud.....It is very admirable that Bret Schundler is giving $200,000 dollars in campaign donations back to the people he has received this money from. One question does come to mind though. Why hasn't he paid back the debt of $180,000.00 to the special interest groups who donated money to him in his campaign for Governor? While we are on the subject of campaign donations any truth to the rumor that Fulop is going to return the money of people who donated to him after being told he was going to run for mayor in 2009? It would be a good gesture for Fulop to make to those people who had helped him, especially in these dismal economic times. Maybe some people would tell him to keep the money and maybe some would ask for it to be returned. It would be a great gesture for him to make.

Ethics, transparency, accountability, courage, bravery, integrity ........ just words on our screens or noise in the air !

Posted on: 2009/1/17 5:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jeebus wrote:
I took a look at your site and don't see how it explains how I (much less all libertarians) "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk". It's such a broad and unsubstantiated claim that it amounts to mere name-calling.

Not my site, "Jeebus", but if you were around during Schundler's time you already know it's the site of Mia Scanga, who together with Yvonne Balcer are two of the most notable involved citizens of JC for quite a long time. Yvonne does the "Talking Politics" TV site interviewing politicians, activists, etc.

You call Mia's site a "broad and unsubstaniated claim". You obviously don't know how to read news articles that are "links" (each of the blue lines are links with a mouse rollover and since the links are now dead you have to search each archive of the specific media) or the Arthur Anderson Audit and the past financial analysis of our tax situation here in JC. I'm not going to do your homework for you, but here's just one example of the numerous media cited (Star Ledger, Jersey Journal for two):

Quote:
Check out the ARTHUR ANDERSEN SPECIAL AUDIT REPORT required by the State in order for Jersey City to qualify for last year's additional $16 Million Distressed Cities Monies. In typical Schundler fashion, all of the City's problems are a result of the lack of adequate state funding not the fact that the more $$$$ you give Schundler the more he mismanages. The audit results confirm what I and other activists having been saying for years.Schundler is an INCOMPETENT ADMINISTRATOR WITH NO REAL VISION NOR LONG TERM PLANNING FOR THE CITY.....

"Jersey City's government suffers from a lack of planning, is awarding overly generous tax breaks to commercial developers, and is at risk of losing millions of dollars in federal funding because of poor management, according to a preliminary report drafted by an independent consulting firm." Star Ledger, Report faults Jersey City management , 4/23/01.....

I guess if I spent the time that you have to devote a site opposed to a specific politician and they bowed out of politics I would be happy to move on rather than continue obsessing about them.

Nothing on Mia's site was done by me! Are you unable to read?? I posted her site in my sig as most of the newbies (probably including you no doubt)know nothing about Schundler other than statements by those who supported him, primarily his minions, church members of Grace Church where he sits on the Board, and others who benefitted from his being in office like developers. I felt it my civic duty to inform them, thus my sig.

If you had bothered to read my prior post here you would have seen it said: Quote:
Brightmoment wrote:
I've answered that question ("why I dislike Schundler") ad nauseum on this site and the reasons are stated on Mia Scanga's excellent web site covering Schundler's past Mayoralty: (Home pg of my sig below!)

I hardly agree with all of Schundler's positions but his giving back donors' money speaks very well of him, especially since he's financially strapped and it's not the normal practice.

Once again, you didn't read the press releases or the news reports. Schundler said he would give donor's back "a large percentage" of their money. Much like he promised to give back the monies to those he raised funds from in his race for Governor.

Quote:
Brett Schundler wrote: [...]we will be providing a very large percentage refund to everyone who contri buted[...]

Quote:

PolitickerNJ.com
Resized ImageBret Debt
posted by Leon Abbett

With the money he claims he raised, I wonder if Schundler will pay off the debts he has not tried to settle since his last run for Gov or will he use the "economic downturn" now as his excuse not too?

Funny how there is no ELEC report but he raised that kind of money.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 5:43
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I took a look at your site and don't see how it explains how I (much less all libertarians) "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk". It's such a broad and unsubstantiated claim that it amounts to mere name-calling.

I hardly agree with all of Schundler's positions but his giving back donors' money speaks very well of him, especially since he's financially strapped and it's not the normal practice.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

Jeebus wrote:
[...]

I'm sure that there are many other candidates but how many have done anything but leech off of taxpayer money their whole life?

I would include Schundler in that group of "candidates ...(who)leech off of taxpayer money".

Go the site of my sig to find out why Schundler's just like all you Republican/Libertarians who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk, just like BushWhack & his ilk who bled our economy dry during the last 8 years running up the greatest deficit this country has ever known while left a surplus.

Republicans/Libertarians leech off both the corporate/institutional tit as well as the taxpayer.

Good riddance to Schundler's candidacy!

Posted on: 2009/1/16 2:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Props to Vigilante, who posted the same idea, faster and shorter...
For those who are tired of the endlessly re-tread local political plankton, pause to consider Dan Levin and the One Jersey City movement:
onejerseycity.org
As the JJ wrily noted the other day, the website is the classiest on offer, by any contender.
Amazing to envision an activist reformer setting the agenda. Transparent, responsive, RESPONSIBLE government? Fresh faces and fresher ideas? Here? If you want a worthwhile alternative to the same old three-card monte cast of characters, you have to act, go to the polls on May 12th, and actually vote for the change.
Next Monday night, January 19th, Dan Levin and his One Jersey City teammates will be at the Golden Cicada, Grand Street and Marin Blvd. See for yourself, starting at 7 pm.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 6:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Is there any candidate that is not part of the Hudson county political machine? It's like having to pick D. Cheney, D. Rumsfeld, or C. Rice from president!

IMO the best bet candidate who is not an insider and would really stir things up for the better is Dan Levin.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 5:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Is there any candidate that is not part of the Hudson county political machine? It's like having to pick D. Cheney, D. Rumsfeld, or C. Rice from president!

Posted on: 2009/1/15 5:24
ಠ_ಠ

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Trubrit wrote:
... a nice departure from the typical JC lefties and self interest types.

McCann was a closet republican and no JC mayor has really had the sort of social services budget to be a real "lefty".

But as far as "self interest types" you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger narcissist than Schundler. And why not, when you had Bill Buckley telling the world to watch for Bret's ascending to the presidency in 2008 (what happened?) it would be tough not to get an inflated (or rather more inflated) ego.

http://www.njfaq.com/bret2001/preex/buckley071999.shtml

Everything about his administration, from the charter school to support for vouchers to his battle with the ACLU was geared toward running for governor, and yes, president. Anything that benefitted Jersey City was coincidental.

Just look at his last pathetic grasp for attention when Fulop's pay-to-play stuff was in the news. I almost felt sorry for the guy.

Almost.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tqwert2 wrote:

Schundler created modern JC, especially downtown. We'd still be nothing but a crime ridden slum if he hadn't come around. [...]

Resized Image
Quote:
sorry monk,
posted by enoch_needles

but schundler's "talents" were self-promotion, riding nyc's coattails, and seeing an hcdo power vaccuum after gerry mccan's conviction. other than that he was a run of the mill politician willing to use jersey city as a stepping stone and a right wing test lab. he had no vision for jersey city beyond unchecked and tax abated development and building his own "brand" for higher office. i have no doubt that had he become mayor again, it would only be a matter of time before the "bret for governor" buzz started up (courtesy of him and his minions).

the stake has been driven, ironically by a republican president. let's hope this vampire stays down.

Quote:
Schundler=Overrated
posted by SewarenScoop

All development in JC in the 90s was downtown and the waterfront, the rest of the city still looks like it did 30 years ago. The city finances also werent great when he left. And that doesnt even include his narcissistic and incompetent gubernatorial effort!

+1

Posted on: 2009/1/14 22:24
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

newguy wrote:
MYBEAT, you have a very interesting point in what you wrote. I really didn't know the history of downtown that you laid out. If the facts as are you say they are why doesn't this McCann guy run for Mayor this year?

Are you trying to lead me down the garden path, or did you just move into town yesterday ???

Posted on: 2009/1/14 20:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/19 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
MYBEAT, you have a very interesting point in what you wrote. I really didn't know the history of downtown that you laid out. If the facts as are you say they are why doesn't this McCann guy run for Mayor this year?

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

Trubrit wrote:
Anyone who lived downtown in the early 90's will remember what a ghost town it was.

At the end of his term, downtown was a profit center - and every mayor since has been riding on Schundlers coat tails.

I guess some people (like BM) are happier with a town that looks like Beirut. But I thought Schundler was a pretty good mayor, and his participation would have made a nice departure from the typical JC lefties and self interest types.

You and everyone else needs to know that downtowns success and re-birth is due to the former mayor McCann and not Bret.

It was McCann who invited Big bussiness and the developers to invest on the waterfront which ultimatley led to the revitalization of DTJC.

Anyone who's really from JC and not a recent transplant will remember what a real dump DT was in the 70's and early 80's, they couldn't give the propertys away and now fast fwd 30 years and one can't touch a property.

You can Thank McCann, not Manzo, Not Bret, Not Healy !

Do yourself a favor and research before you comment on something you have no knowledge of.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just thinking out loud.....It is very admirable that Bret Schundler is giving $200,000 dollars in campaign donations back to the people he has received this money from. One question does come to mind though. Why hasn't he paid back the debt of $180,000.00 to the special interest groups who donated money to him in his campaign for Governor? While we are on the subject of campaign donations any truth to the rumor that Fulop is going to return the money of people who donated to him after being told he was going to run for mayor in 2009? It would be a good gesture for Fulop to make to those people who had helped him, especially in these dismal economic times. Maybe some people would tell him to keep the money and maybe some would ask for it to be returned. It would be a great gesture for him to make.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Trubrit wrote:
Anyone who lived downtown in the early 90's will remember what a ghost town it was.

At the end of his term, downtown was a profit center - and every mayor since has been riding on Schundlers coat tails.

I guess some people (like BM) are happier with a town that looks like Beirut. But I thought Schundler was a pretty good mayor, and his participation would have made a nice departure from the typical JC lefties and self interest types.

You and everyone else needs to know that downtowns success and re-birth is due to the former mayor McCann and not Bret.

It was McCann who invited Big bussiness and the developers to invest on the waterfront which ultimatley led to the revitalization of DTJC.

Anyone who's really from JC and not a recent transplant will remember what a real dump DT was in the 70's and early 80's, they couldn't give the propertys away and now fast fwd 30 years and one can't touch a property.

You can Thank McCann, not Manzo, Not Bret, Not Healy !

Do yourself a favor and research before you comment on something you have no knowledge of.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:

The "websites in his sig" is singular, not plural, injcsince81, but then typical of most Reptilians close reading and understanding is a skill beyond your comprehension.

I've answered that question ("why I dislike Schundler") ad nauseum on this site and the reasons are stated on Mia Scanga's excellent web site covering Schundler's past Mayoralty:

Quote:
{...]Home pg of http://stopbretschundler.com/[...]

Read it or not, but I won't keep repeating myself as to why Schundler's term in honest was a fraud against the entire citizenry of Jersey City, from his selling out a $40 million dollar loan to Lefrak to develop the waterfront for .12 cents on the dollar to reduce the municipal debt so when he ran for Governor he could claim he "balanced the budget" to his selling out our water supply to United Water with his formation of the Municipal Utility Authority, to his trying to end the protection of the Embankment while in office, then last fall claiming "I now support all your efforts at preservation" at our Embankment Restaurant fundraiser. The list goes on and on and the best one-stop source of all of Brother Brett's crimes against Jersey City are documented with all of the reports by the State, by local and statewide media and by Brett's own words.

[...].

You got way too much time on your hands....[/quote]

Took me less than 5 minutes to post that reply.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:16
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
Bright -

Just curious, why do you dislike Schundler so much?

JCNewJersey:

Since BM just told you to read some kooky websites in his sig instead providing an honest answer to your question,

The "websites in his sig" is singular, not plural, injcsince81, but then typical of most Reptilians close reading and understanding is a skill beyond your comprehension.

I've answered that question ("why I dislike Schundler") ad nauseum on this site and the reasons are stated on Mia Scanga's excellent web site covering Schundler's past Mayoralty:

Quote:

"A chronology of Schundler's mismanagement that nearly bankrupted Jersey City during one of the greatest economic booms!... 1992 to 2001"

Updated photos of the JC Medical Center & PS School 3 9/2004

Tax Lien Appeal being heard by the NJ Supreme Court; 2/2004

BOARD CHIEF BROKE RULES Chairman expelled; $96G must be repaid; rulings are appealed ; Tuesday, December 30, 2003... Schundler's Golden Door Charter School....

"Municipal Enron" Millions in unpaid health insurance premiums uncovered and the liabilities were never recorded in 1993 & 1994! 1/2003

174 Newark Avenue scam - featured in my December 2002
Talking Politics -
JC Parking Authority show streaming on our website

Bergen Arches UPDATE 12/2002

Missing funds hint at scandal -
EDC chief financial officer accused of embezzling $49K 2/10/2002

RECAP CHART OF CITY'S ADDITIONAL STATE FUNDING UNDER THE SCHUNDLER
ADMINISTRATION & THE IMPACT ON THE TAX RATE... 10/18/01

See the Governor's Race section.....

Terrorists in JC 10/14/01

Schundler left $54M hole in budget, state says, 10/10/01

Charges That a Schundler Ad Exploits the Heroism of Rescuers ( WTC Tragedy ) 10/2/01

Schundler surprised a group of Associated Press reporters and editors earlier in the week by announcing that he welcomed a national recession because it would help him enact his own agenda of fiscal and social policies. "That is why it is so wonderful," he said, "It would be a lot harder to do this in a time when there wasn't a crisis." Schundler then went on to concede that a recession would prevent him from making good on his campaign promise to cut everyone's taxes, eliminate highway tolls, and still have money left over to deliver basic services. ... 10/3/01

New section: More JC Houses- Taxes in the Inner City... Beware suburbanites: This is Schundler's idea of success.... Middle/ Working Class neighborhoods subsidizing the rich .... 9/29/01 If you're new to the site, PLEASE don't pass over the TAX ABATEMENT SECTION....

The Municipal Utilities Authority is running at a LOSS since it was started in 1998 by Schundler... At this rate, the MUA will be bankrupted in 3 years! This is with annual water & sewer rate increases of 8% per year (25% YTD), and the addition of thousands of new waterfront customers !!! 9/29/01

Schundler denounces New Jersey's WTC relief effort, 9/25/01

THERE IS AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE MASSIVE COST OVERRUNS AND SHODDY CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW $25 MILLION JC COURTHOUSE! 8/28/01

Liberty State Park- Life after Schundler, finally the will of the people! 8/27/01

Millennium Towers -JC Taxpayers Battle against Schundler for a Tax Abatement Referendum vote- Schundler Repeats Call for Referendum on Newark Sports Arena! 8/22/01

NEW $11 Million JC Museum- financial crisis, 8/12/01

added sections: JC Street Conditions 8/01; Lack of Endorsements 8/01

READ ABOUT THE POWER PLAYERS BEHIND BRET...

Past performance is every indication of future job performance. Former Mayor Bret Schundler should be investigated, not promoted to Gov... Read for yourself....
In the spring of 2000, the City of Jersey City's fiscal situation was so desperate, with Mayor Bret Schundler threatening 1200 layoffs of city personnel including fire and police, that JC was declared a "Distressed City" so as to qualify for additional state aid of $16 million. The other Distressed Cities are Camden & East Orange. Consequently, the New Jersey Division of Local Government Services, who had approved all of Schundler's budgets and bonding in the past, now holds control of all new city expenditures including new hires?The City is on the first step toward state take-over. The Division of Local Government Services has the right to set financial and administrative control over JC. Schundler a two term Mayor of Jersey City and now gubernatorial candidate has lost control due to his blatant mismanagement of the City's affairs!

In January 2001, Mayor Bret Schundler, in his quarterly tax letter that went out to 46,000 taxpayers named "naysayers live, individuals like Yvonne Balcer and Mia Scanga ( author of this site), property values have increased by more than 100%."

For those of us living downtown, we thank former Mayor Rudy Guiliani for his great work in making NYC such an attractive place to live and work. The appreciation in downtown is not about Bret Schundler but about NYC and a national prosperity that has started to fizzle out... WHILE Jersey City is broke... the real Schundler legacy!

Every person you meet new to downtown JC is from Manhattan. As they say, why spend $800,000 for a 2 bedroom co-op when you can buy a brownstone for a lot less and be in NYC within 15 minutes via PATH... It's that old saying in real estate, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.... The tenants along the waterfront who rent the $1500+ one bedrooms are here because Manhattan costs more for less... Goldman Sachs is building here as has Merrill Lynch, UBS Painewebber --- all Manhattan transplants -- it's cheaper in all respects ( utilities, state taxes, sales taxes, salaries) PLUS Schundler gave them very cheap tax abatements and they get hi-tech fiber optics, custom designed buildings a stone's throw from Manhattan!!

It 's time to set the record straight and educate people on the true Schundler track record in Jersey City. In February, when I began to compile the issues, even I the "naysayer", who has been following Schundler's mismanagement for years, was stunned. I hope you take the time to read many of the topics. This will be a work in progress and finally the "media challenged" citizens of Jersey City will have a vehicle, "the Internet", to counter the Schundler propaganda machine, which has been subsidized through our tax dollars.?

The 2001 budget year ended June 30th, and the budget was approved on April 18th....

This scenario happened every year under Schundler!!

This year the taxpayers got a measly tax cut of 44 cents which is $44 for a homeowner assessed at $100,000. The owners of the $$ million dollar condos at the Sugar House got a 20 year tax abatement & pay 40% of full taxes. That's fair? Right? Where did our $ 3 Million tax cut come from? From the balance of the RECREATION FUND's accumulated $6+ Million balance which I and Yvonne Balcer notified the State. The State put the brakes on the irresponsible and illegal spending by the City Council... their hush money. See the "RECREATION FUND" section under the "TAX ABATEMENTS" section for details. The "naysayers" forced Schundler to put the millions$$$ into the general budget and reduce your taxes. Schundler and FORMER CC President Tom DeGise were crowing about cutting your taxes by $3 Million! The whistle blowers cut them... Lies & lies that's business as usual under the Schundler/DeGise reign of terror which has come to an end!!!

Check out the ARTHUR ANDERSEN SPECIAL AUDIT REPORT required by the State in order for Jersey City to qualify for last year's additional $16 Million Distressed Cities Monies. In typical Schundler fashion, all of the City's problems are a result of the lack of adequate state funding not the fact that the more $$$$ you give Schundler the more he mismanages. The audit results confirm what I and other activists having been saying for years. Schundler is an INCOMPETENT ADMINISTRATOR WITH NO REAL VISION NOR LONG TERM PLANNING FOR THE CITY..... "Jersey City's government suffers from a lack of planning, is awarding overly generous tax breaks to commercial developers, and is at risk of losing millions of dollars in federal funding because of poor management, according to a preliminary report drafted by an independent consulting firm." Star Ledger, Report faults Jersey City management , 4/23/01..... Check it out...

[ Governor's Race ] [ Tax Abatements ] [ City's Finances ] [ Campaign Finances ] [ Mayor Elections ] [ Bulk Lien Sale ] [ Police & Municipal Court ] [ Neighborhoods Fighting City Hall ] [ City's Agencies ] [ Bldgs+Schools ] [ Pet Projects ] [ Freedoms? ] [ Plum Deals ]

Read it or not, but I won't keep repeating myself as to why Schundler's term in honest was a fraud against the entire citizenry of Jersey City, from his selling out a $40 million dollar loan to Lefrak to develop the waterfront for .12 cents on the dollar to reduce the municipal debt so when he ran for Governor he could claim he "balanced the budget" to his selling out our water supply to United Water with his formation of the Municipal Utility Authority, to his trying to end the protection of the Embankment while in office, then last fall claiming "I now support all your efforts at preservation" at our Embankment Restaurant fundraiser. The list goes on and on and the best one-stop source of all of Brother Brett's crimes against Jersey City are documented with all of the reports by the State, by local and statewide media and by Brett's own words.

[...].

You got way too much time on your hands....

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Schundler created modern JC, especially downtown. We'd still be nothing but a crime ridden slum if he hadn't come around. I guess Healy wins by default now, and Manzo gets to embarrass himself by losing by 40 points as usual.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 18:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/12 11:16
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/14 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

It's Bret, not Brett, BrightMoment, but then typical of most communists close reading and understanding is a skill beyond your comprehension, despite the fact that Schundler's first name is right in your sig.

Touche!
Resized Image

That's what us commies get for posting after midnight during a full moon!

I profoundly hope we can keep Schundler out of
city politics. What a disaster it will be if he
resurfaces.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

It's Bret, not Brett, BrightMoment, but then typical of most communists close reading and understanding is a skill beyond your comprehension, despite the fact that Schundler's first name is right in your sig.

Touche!
Resized Image

That's what us commies get for posting after midnight during a full moon!

Posted on: 2009/1/14 17:19
Resized Image

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
The commies are coming, the commies are coming !!!

RUN AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2009/1/14 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PubliusIII wrote:
What is truly mysterious is why a group of public interest types who have some good points give a virtual pass to other public figures. You have no "Stop Manzo Now web site" or Keep Cunninghham Out" blog. Yet these two public servants are profoundly problematic.

How was Manzo "profoundly problematic" as a public servant? Most people feel that he did a good job in the State Legislature - his only elected office.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/14 14:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 17:14
Group:
Registered Users
BrightMoment:

Your narrative is written from the slant and with the verve of all of the various interests whom Schundler discomfited in his tenure. (Maybe you're an officer of the PBA - just jokking). And it is true that not everything Brett did was perfect. But on the whole, his administration was marked by purpose and innovation and was staffed by competent people. And Brett is probably the only mayor since before WWI who left office poorer than when he went in. Same goes for his allies. It was oft remarked that to be rewarded by Schundler, you had to be part of the machine that he was trying to reach out to.

What is truly mysterious is why a group of public interest types who have some good points give a virtual pass to other public figures. You have no "Stop Manzo Now web site" or Keep Cunninghham Out" blog. Yet these two public servants are profoundly problematic.

Perhaps you and others resented the general acclaim and appreciation for Brett by the public. Whatever the reason, it is moot now and the alternatives for the City have now seriously become limited.

P. III

Posted on: 2009/1/14 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
Bright -

JCNewJersey:

Since BM just told you to read some kooky websites in his sig instead providing an honest answer to your question,

Quote:

"A chronology of Schundler's mismanagement that nearly bankrupted Jersey City during one of the greatest economic booms!... 1992 to 2001"

Updated photos of the JC Medical Center & PS School 3 9/2004

Tax Lien Appeal being heard by the NJ Supreme Court; 2/2004

BOARD CHIEF BROKE RULES Chairman expelled; $96G must be repaid; rulings are appealed ; Tuesday, December 30, 2003... Schundler's Golden Door Charter School....

"Municipal Enron" Millions in unpaid health insurance premiums uncovered and the liabilities were never recorded in 1993 & 1994! 1/2003

174 Newark Avenue scam - featured in my December 2002
Talking Politics -
JC Parking Authority show streaming on our website

Bergen Arches UPDATE 12/2002

Missing funds hint at scandal -
EDC chief financial officer accused of embezzling $49K 2/10/2002

RECAP CHART OF CITY'S ADDITIONAL STATE FUNDING UNDER THE SCHUNDLER
ADMINISTRATION & THE IMPACT ON THE TAX RATE... 10/18/01

See the Governor's Race section.....

Terrorists in JC 10/14/01

Schundler left $54M hole in budget, state says, 10/10/01

Charges That a Schundler Ad Exploits the Heroism of Rescuers ( WTC Tragedy ) 10/2/01

Schundler surprised a group of Associated Press reporters and editors earlier in the week by announcing that he welcomed a national recession because it would help him enact his own agenda of fiscal and social policies. "That is why it is so wonderful," he said, "It would be a lot harder to do this in a time when there wasn't a crisis." Schundler then went on to concede that a recession would prevent him from making good on his campaign promise to cut everyone's taxes, eliminate highway tolls, and still have money left over to deliver basic services. ... 10/3/01

New section: More JC Houses- Taxes in the Inner City... Beware suburbanites: This is Schundler's idea of success.... Middle/ Working Class neighborhoods subsidizing the rich .... 9/29/01 If you're new to the site, PLEASE don't pass over the TAX ABATEMENT SECTION....

The Municipal Utilities Authority is running at a LOSS since it was started in 1998 by Schundler... At this rate, the MUA will be bankrupted in 3 years! This is with annual water & sewer rate increases of 8% per year (25% YTD), and the addition of thousands of new waterfront customers !!! 9/29/01

Schundler denounces New Jersey's WTC relief effort, 9/25/01

THERE IS AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE MASSIVE COST OVERRUNS AND SHODDY CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW $25 MILLION JC COURTHOUSE! 8/28/01

Liberty State Park- Life after Schundler, finally the will of the people! 8/27/01

Millennium Towers -JC Taxpayers Battle against Schundler for a Tax Abatement Referendum vote- Schundler Repeats Call for Referendum on Newark Sports Arena! 8/22/01

NEW $11 Million JC Museum- financial crisis, 8/12/01

added sections: JC Street Conditions 8/01; Lack of Endorsements 8/01

READ ABOUT THE POWER PLAYERS BEHIND BRET...

Past performance is every indication of future job performance. Former Mayor Bret Schundler should be investigated, not promoted to Gov... Read for yourself....
In the spring of 2000, the City of Jersey City's fiscal situation was so desperate, with Mayor Bret Schundler threatening 1200 layoffs of city personnel including fire and police, that JC was declared a "Distressed City" so as to qualify for additional state aid of $16 million. The other Distressed Cities are Camden & East Orange. Consequently, the New Jersey Division of Local Government Services, who had approved all of Schundler's budgets and bonding in the past, now holds control of all new city expenditures including new hires?The City is on the first step toward state take-over. The Division of Local Government Services has the right to set financial and administrative control over JC. Schundler a two term Mayor of Jersey City and now gubernatorial candidate has lost control due to his blatant mismanagement of the City's affairs!

In January 2001, Mayor Bret Schundler, in his quarterly tax letter that went out to 46,000 taxpayers named "naysayers live, individuals like Yvonne Balcer and Mia Scanga ( author of this site), property values have increased by more than 100%."

For those of us living downtown, we thank former Mayor Rudy Guiliani for his great work in making NYC such an attractive place to live and work. The appreciation in downtown is not about Bret Schundler but about NYC and a national prosperity that has started to fizzle out... WHILE Jersey City is broke... the real Schundler legacy!

Every person you meet new to downtown JC is from Manhattan. As they say, why spend $800,000 for a 2 bedroom co-op when you can buy a brownstone for a lot less and be in NYC within 15 minutes via PATH... It's that old saying in real estate, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.... The tenants along the waterfront who rent the $1500+ one bedrooms are here because Manhattan costs more for less... Goldman Sachs is building here as has Merrill Lynch, UBS Painewebber --- all Manhattan transplants -- it's cheaper in all respects ( utilities, state taxes, sales taxes, salaries) PLUS Schundler gave them very cheap tax abatements and they get hi-tech fiber optics, custom designed buildings a stone's throw from Manhattan!!

It 's time to set the record straight and educate people on the true Schundler track record in Jersey City. In February, when I began to compile the issues, even I the "naysayer", who has been following Schundler's mismanagement for years, was stunned. I hope you take the time to read many of the topics. This will be a work in progress and finally the "media challenged" citizens of Jersey City will have a vehicle, "the Internet", to counter the Schundler propaganda machine, which has been subsidized through our tax dollars.?

The 2001 budget year ended June 30th, and the budget was approved on April 18th....

This scenario happened every year under Schundler!!

This year the taxpayers got a measly tax cut of 44 cents which is $44 for a homeowner assessed at $100,000. The owners of the $$ million dollar condos at the Sugar House got a 20 year tax abatement & pay 40% of full taxes. That's fair? Right? Where did our $ 3 Million tax cut come from? From the balance of the RECREATION FUND's accumulated $6+ Million balance which I and Yvonne Balcer notified the State. The State put the brakes on the irresponsible and illegal spending by the City Council... their hush money. See the "RECREATION FUND" section under the "TAX ABATEMENTS" section for details. The "naysayers" forced Schundler to put the millions$$$ into the general budget and reduce your taxes. Schundler and FORMER CC President Tom DeGise were crowing about cutting your taxes by $3 Million! The whistle blowers cut them... Lies & lies that's business as usual under the Schundler/DeGise reign of terror which has come to an end!!!

Check out the ARTHUR ANDERSEN SPECIAL AUDIT REPORT required by the State in order for Jersey City to qualify for last year's additional $16 Million Distressed Cities Monies. In typical Schundler fashion, all of the City's problems are a result of the lack of adequate state funding not the fact that the more $$$$ you give Schundler the more he mismanages. The audit results confirm what I and other activists having been saying for years. Schundler is an INCOMPETENT ADMINISTRATOR WITH NO REAL VISION NOR LONG TERM PLANNING FOR THE CITY..... "Jersey City's government suffers from a lack of planning, is awarding overly generous tax breaks to commercial developers, and is at risk of losing millions of dollars in federal funding because of poor management, according to a preliminary report drafted by an independent consulting firm." Star Ledger, Report faults Jersey City management , 4/23/01..... Check it out...

[ Governor's Race ] [ Tax Abatements ] [ City's Finances ] [ Campaign Finances ] [ Mayor Elections ] [ Bulk Lien Sale ] [ Police & Municipal Court ] [ Neighborhoods Fighting City Hall ] [ City's Agencies ] [ Bldgs+Schools ] [ Pet Projects ] [ Freedoms? ] [ Plum Deals ]

[...].

Posted on: 2009/1/14 5:50
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
Bright -

JCNewJersey:

Since BM just told you to read some kooky websites in his sig instead providing an honest answer to your question, here's my stab at it:

BM dislikes (you're being kind in using that term, he actually hates him) Bret Schundler because Bret Schundler is a Republican and BrightMoment is a communist.

It's pretty simple, JCNJ.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheHookJC wrote:
I don't want to get into an all out political fight over this, but its not only the Republicans/Libertarians "leeching off both the corporate/institutional tit." All politicians are doing us wrong.

The point is that most of the Republicans/Libertarians bleed the system while piously denouncing it, winning them a slightly warmer circle in hell.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 23:26

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017