Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: dog friendly bars + restaurants in jc

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Hah, Dog Bar in Charlotte, NC.... I noticed that the first time I was hanging out in Charlotte and I thought it was a wonderful idea. Pity, it'll never happen in JC. C'est la vie....

Posted on: 2010/7/8 20:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/14 18:46
Group:
Registered Users
I'm reminded of hanging out at the beer garden a few nights ago and the two families sitting next to us had 5 young children between them ranging from infant to 5 or 6 years old. While the parents were getting hammered the walking age children were running around the patio and inside, screaming their bratty heads off, climbing on other people's tables, stealing food off strangers' plates, eating food off the ground... never once did any of the parent so much as stand up to see where the kids were or utter the words "no" or "stop"

A) Its seems like WAY more of a liability to have kids running around unattended where other adults are drinking as well, kid falls and gets hurt = lawsuit, patron steps on kid, kid gets hurt = lawsuit, patron trips over kid and gets hurt = lawsuit, patron trips over kid while holding hot food, patron gets hurt and kid gets burned and hurt = everyone is screwed.
Yet, because of idiot parents that think its everyone's job to watch their little angels but theirs, waiters, restaurant managers and/or retail workers can't say anything to these jerk parents about their out of control kids due to idiot parent groups and lawsuits.

B) If i had my 75 lb bulldog at the beer garden he would be on the leash attached to me, he would be laying either under the table or by my feet... well out of everyone's way. not barking, not eating from the table, not shedding.

I moved here from Charlotte, NC last year. As far as housing goes Charlotte is not very dog friendly... yet there were several bars and restaurants that allowed dogs on patios under basically the same rules as a dog park... if your dog is a spaz, aggressive or loud they're not welcome. There was also this wonderful little spot called the Dog Bar, a small fenced in off leash bar where well behaved dogs and dog lovers could socialize without having to deal with all the hate from cat people and dogaphobics.

Posted on: 2010/7/8 17:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/9 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Most of the dogs i see around JC are rescues...most of the kids aren't.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 1:25

filthy habits in restaurants
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/1 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
here's something to file under 'restaurant hygiene'. About 3 weeks ago we went to a new place in JC with outdoor seating. My wife went in to check on our order, and when she came back out, saw a bespectacled man changing a NASTY, full diaper right at the dinner table around which were 10-12 evidently imperturbable people. And then without even washing his hands, he returned to his dinner - eating ribs with his filthy hands. YUK!

Posted on: 2010/6/8 1:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/8 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
To the person who is concerned with dog hair & dander- I think you greatly overestimate the cleanliness of even the best restaurants. You're eating who-knows-what every time you don't prepare your own meal. I say keep the dogs, lose the crying, screaming babies. and women pop-a-squatters.

Posted on: 2010/6/5 6:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not looking for anything but the ability to bring my dog (who we just rescued almost two weeks ago) to a few local places to eat outside. I'm not looking to take the dog into a restaurant. That seems more than reasonable.

JCProducer is clearly joking and trying to make this thread a little less serious...something we can all stand to do on JClist.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This post made me giggle. I think its funny and meant to be so.
It also reminded me of the time recently when I was shopping at Jacks Toy Shop on Jersey Ave. I was standing at the counter choosing a few small stuffed toys for my dogs, yes my dogs. My human kids are grown and don't borrow my car cause I don't have one :)
Anyway there I was standing there and this little blonde 4-5 year old kid smacked me in the butt while screaming NO!. Apparently she wanted all the toys in the shop to herself and was reprimanding me for being there. Her Mom had a large collection of toys on the counter for this child and was continuing to shop for more. Instead of leaving all her items on the counter and whisking the child out of the shop immediately as a lesson learned for hitting a complete stranger on the butt she simply said in a regular speaking voice "oh that's not nice"...
Now I am not a perfect human parent or a perfect canine parent but I will never forget the way this woman handled this abominable behavior, and actually rewarded it. It was so outrageous it became hysterical.
Like JCProducers post.

Quote:
JCProducer wrote:
Children are little petri dishes. This is why teachers are always sick. I generally don't like them, they ask questions that I rather not answer. Questions that usually begin with Why and How Come.

Children should be seen and not heard. I still believe that. Leave your kids at home so I can eat and drink in peace. I find it strange that they are near me. I think they are pretty much up to no good. I still remember when I was 11 in Disney Land on line for the Tea Cup ride and small child was kicking my ankles. He was about 7. Since then, I pretty much determined these kids are up to no good.

My dog however, cleans up after itself, talks to me about Chaucer. Debates the merits of smooth vs electric jazz and never kicks me in the ankles. My dog is also cheaper then your kid. And my dog, does not take the car on the weekend so he can bang his girlfriend in the park. My dog also does not go to spring break in Cancun where he dives in the pool from the 10th floor and dies. In a sense, my dog is 100% more times reliable then your kid.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 11:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCProducer wrote:
Children are little petri dishes. This is why teachers are always sick. I generally don't like them, they ask questions that I rather not answer. Questions that usually begin with Why and How Come.

Children should be seen and not heard. I still believe that. Leave your kids at home so I can eat and drink in peace. I find it strange that they are near me. I think they are pretty much up to no good. I still remember when I was 11 in Disney Land on line for the Tea Cup ride and small child was kicking my ankles. He was about 7. Since then, I pretty much determined these kids are up to no good.

My dog however, cleans up after itself, talks to me about Chaucer. Debates the merits of smooth vs electric jazz and never kicks me in the ankles. My dog is also cheaper then your kid. And my dog, does not take the car on the weekend so he can bang his girlfriend in the park. My dog also does not go to spring break in Cancun where he dives in the pool from the 10th floor and dies. In a sense, my dog is 100% more times reliable then your kid.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/6/3 9:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
...soon after that Wholefoods ban pets inside because I see dogs of all sizes leashed on the trees in front of wholefoods.

LEAVE FIFI HOME!

Posted on: 2010/6/3 4:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
i'm an animal lover but one time it repulse me when i went to the Grand opening of Wholefoods in Tribeca, well it was few days after the grand opening but grand opening nonetheless.....Wholefoods has a buffet cold and hot bar. when i was browsing the buffet bars I notice a hair but i thought it was a veggie string or something then i looked closely it was DOG HAIRS at first i thought cat hairs but could be either or , or both! it repulse me. I was so disgusted i left the place. soon after that Wholefoods ban pets inside because I see dogs of all sizes leashed on the trees in front of wholefoods. lol

dogs are ok but they cannot be around open plates and buffet. you can groom your dog but their hair and ticks somehow travel on ones plate or food. it's so unsanitary.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
I get both sides. Really I do. However, don't kids carry a lot of germs, etc too? I am kind of sick of seeing kids everywhere, running all over restaurants, screaming and carrying on. I know that's a matter of good parenting, but the same can be said of a dog. If a dog is well socialized, I should be allowed to sit outside with him while I have my brunch.
Yes, animals can be dirty. But so can people/kids.

Let's see....kids are humans and dogs are animals. Kids, try as they might, can't lick their arsehole after they take a dump. They also generally don't pee and poop on the ground.

I really can't stand the kids vs. dogs debate. There should be NO debate because kids aren't dogs. If you are a dog person and you hate kids, that's great, but don't compare my child with your dog. If a dog bites someone, he'll get put down. If a kid bites someone, he'll get a time out or a spanking. Not really the same thing. Even if you think it is.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCProducer wrote:

Hysterical... my dog prefers the "breakbeat jazz" stylings of Mocean Worker, but we're not all perfect.

I like dog-friendly bars but would never bring my monster. He's too forward in his greetings and would find a place to piss -- bar stool, pool table, or someone's leg.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCProducer wrote:

WOW I sure hope you are seeking psychiatric help for that condition of yours pedophobia: really they have good drugs for you!

Posted on: 2010/6/3 0:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/6/2 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Your point about kids and good parenting is well taken.

However, your equating dogs with kids is EXACTLY the kind of screwed-up mindset WAY too many of the "dog people" around here have.

+ 1
YES! YES! YES!

Posted on: 2010/6/2 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
I get both sides. Really I do. However, don't kids carry a lot of germs, etc too? I am kind of sick of seeing kids everywhere, running all over restaurants, screaming and carrying on. I know that's a matter of good parenting, but the same can be said of a dog. If a dog is well socialized, I should be allowed to sit outside with him while I have my brunch.

Your point about kids and good parenting is well taken.

However, your equating dogs with kids is EXACTLY the kind of screwed-up mindset WAY too many of the "dog people" around here have.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 17:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/6/2 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Who said anything about allowing them inside?
Generally "Dog friendly" means out door seating. If your going to sit out side believe me the " hairs from pups" are your least worry in some of these places. Bugs, car fumes, and squirel hairs are more likely to end up on you or in your meal.
Maybe the health dept. should do something about that.
WHATEVER
I would worry more about what it is your being served than dog hairs flying around.

Then maybe the health dept. should ban outdoor seating or put a netting/canopy over it like food on a counter. As far as "inside" is concerned I see lots of places that allow dogs on leashes to be walked inside their establishments for to-go orders like a quick cup of coffee. I don't think this thread was only meant for outdoor eating. I was at the White Horse Tavern in the City a person I was with was told they could not sit in the outdoor area because of their tiny little dog, and the dog was in a carrying bag. Too many entitlements for these spoiled brats.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Jeez, we've officially hit rock-bottom!!!!!
I DON'T WANT YOUR DOGS HAIR AND DANDER FLOATING AROUND MY MEAL!
LEAVE THE DOG HOME!!!!!!

I agree, it is a unsanitary habit to allow animals into a food and beverage establishment. I am surprised the health department is not involved because the restaurants can be reported and shut down. I have been in some places where the dog has got in my way and also made contact with me, hairs and all. I see signs posted in the windows of some Jersey establishments as well as those in the city stating no animals allowed by orders of the Dept. of Health. You have to think like an insurance guy and worry about the what ifs.

Who said anything about allowing them inside?
Generally "Dog friendly" means out door seating. If your going to sit out side believe me the " hairs from pups" are your least worry in some of these places. Bugs, car fumes, and squirel hairs are more likely to end up on you or in your meal.
Maybe the health dept. should do something about that.
WHATEVER
I would worry more about what it is your being served than dog hairs flying around.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 11:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Jeez, we've officially hit rock-bottom!!!!!
I DON'T WANT YOUR DOGS HAIR AND DANDER FLOATING AROUND MY MEAL!
LEAVE THE DOG HOME!!!!!!

I agree, it is a unsanitary habit to allow animals into a food and beverage establishment. I am surprised the health department is not involved because the restaurants can be reported and shut down. I have been in some places where the dog has got in my way and also made contact with me, hairs and all. I see signs posted in the windows of some Jersey establishments as well as those in the city stating no animals allowed by orders of the Dept. of Health. You have to think like an insurance guy and worry about the what ifs.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 11:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Have not read thru the thread so I don't know if some one mentioned it already but Michael Anthony's is dog friendly on their pier. Was there yesterday and there were a few well behaved pups enjoying the weather with their owners.

Posted on: 2010/5/31 18:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
"I actually saw a lady squat and relieve herself on the sidewalk next to where people were eating brunch at Bar Majestic last weekend. She didn't even curb herself!"

I saw the same thing last weekend, but a couple blocks away! Last Sunday afternoon, I saw a lady squat by one of the planters on Newark Avenue and take a piss - I couldn't believe it.

Posted on: 2010/5/30 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
a friend owns a sweet little coffee shop in the village, where he used to allow dogs inside and out (since food prep occurs downstairs, it's allowed). it was a real hit with the community, not just of dog-owners, but people who love dogs and don't/can't have them.

but a couple of a-holes with biting dogs insisted on coming in repeatedly, and a dog fight would immediately ensue. my friend was faced with a serious liability issue, so the policy is no more, and it's a real loss to the neighborhood.

as usual, everybody suffers because of a couple of entitled dicks.

Posted on: 2010/5/29 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Northern Soul is a great Irish bar in Hoboken where well-adjusted dogs are welcome. You might see a docile rescue dog, Franco adopted last year (Big Boy at LHS).

Northern Soul is just over the city line on First Street and Willow.

The Zeppelin Biergarten doesn't allow pets over 20 pounds which seems like a sensible rule in an outdoor and crowded biergarten.

Posted on: 2010/5/29 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
You can't bring a dog into any restaurant, it's a health code violation. You can sit outside with your dog at any of the JC restaurants that have outdoor seating OTHER than Marco and Pepe.

They used to allow dogs until there was a dog fight about a year ago. Not that kind of dog fight Michael Vick :)

It's unfortunate as we go elsewhere for brunch now and miss Marco & Pepe. Don't like leaving the dog home alone when it's nice out.

Posted on: 2010/5/29 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does not phase me one way or another about other peoples pups. My dogs had gone with me a few times to the old Ale house and one time one of them took a poop right when I was about to bite into my burger. Needless to say ( they are on a raw diet and their poop stinks to high heavens)...... My appetite went right down the poop shoot and I am sure that the couple sitting next to us did not appreciate the stench either. Kind of embarrassing so they stay home from now on. YUCK.

Posted on: 2010/5/29 14:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/2 1:40
Group:
Registered Users
I love dogs but not only is it unsanitary to have dogs in the restaurant, it is also a huge liability risk.
If your dog bites another customer the owner is in for a whole lotta hurtin. Can you say LAWSUIT???

Posted on: 2010/5/29 11:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm surprised nobody has started a lobby group to have a dog run in bars and restaurants!

Posted on: 2010/5/28 22:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/18 21:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Marco & Pepe is no longer dog friendly. My husband tried to stop there for a beer with our dog on Saturday when he saw some friends eating outside. The waitress took his order then came back with the beer and asked him to leave because of the dog. Why bring the beer then?

Posted on: 2010/5/28 20:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Same answer, they're both animals. The other just walks upright.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 18:52

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017