Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Embankment Owner:Hyman denies being behind anti-Healy newspaper that offended many African-Americans
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hyman denies being behind anti-Healy newspaper in Jersey City

by Jersey Journal
Friday May 22, 2009, 4:17 AM

Jersey City developer Steve Hyman told the City Council he wasn't behind a fake anti-Mayor Jerramiah Healy newspaper that surfaced just before last week's municipal election.

He told the council he freely admits financing anti-Healy fliers, but not the newspaper, which has offended members of the city's African-American community.

Find out more in today's Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2009/5/22 13:41

Re: Election Gets Nasty: Embankment's Developer, Steve Hyman Launches $150G "Anyone-but-Healy" Campa
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Ross_Ewage wrote: Quote:
r_pinkowitz wrote: I wonder what Steve Hyman is doing right now?
Hi Jerry. It's me, Steve. Well, Jerry old pal, you know I only did it to galvanize support for you. Yeah, that's the ticket. By making the voters hate me, they would naturally vote for you. Yeah, that's the ticket. Why, I probably gave you that first ballot win. Right, Jerry? Jerry? Hello?

Posted on: 2009/5/13 3:04

Re: 415 Brunswick Street, L.L.C's Littering Campaign - Compliments of Hyman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I dont know if its where I live but everyday for the past 2 weeks, I have been picking up handfulls of flyers from off of my steps... everytime I see one its like HULK time... it enrages me.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 16:14

415 Brunswick Street, L.L.C's Littering Campaign - Compliments of Hyman

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/6 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
To the 415 Brusnwick Street, L.L.C. Organization:

Do you honestly believe that the most effective way to distribute anti-Healy propaganda is to drop a flyer on someone's doorstep? These flyers serve no purpose other than to litter the streets of Jersey City. Not only were they dropped on doorsteps, but they were dropped on sidewalks, behind businesses, in gutters, parking lots and cross walks. I picked up at least 50 of these flyers on my way to work and have no doubts that I will continue to see them in the upcoming weeks.

If you're as concerned about Jersey City as you claim you are, please reconsider your distribution methods in the future.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 14:43

Re: Election Gets Nasty: Embankment's Developer, Steve Hyman Launches $150G "Anyone-but-Healy" Campa
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
ok yall are really making me laugh right now.... that flyer was the bestest !

Posted on: 2009/5/8 21:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/20 19:44
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Full Disclosure: As much as I would love to take credit for this, it was found on JCI website posted by enoch_needles. BRILLIANT! Two thumbs up and I have no support to any full ticket.
I'm voting for 2 people on the Healy ticket, 1 from the Smith ticket, 1 from the Manzo ticket and 1 from the Levin ticket and voting for the Hyman is a jerk from the reality ticket.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 20:43

Re: Election Gets Nasty: Embankment's Developer, Steve Hyman Launches $150G "Anyone-but-Healy" Campaign!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Oh I am feeling so special now everyone used to hate me lol

Posted on: 2009/5/8 19:34

Re: Election Gets Nasty: Embankment's Developer, Steve Hyman Launches $150G "Anyone-but-Healy" Campaign!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Greenvillechick you are now also my favorite poster... +++++1000000 thank you for makeing my day.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 19:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
How ironic that Stevie H., who wants to put $5 million homes on the Embankment (thereby rendering them completely inaccessible to the neighboring residents, many of whom are poor), is now claiming to be a champion for Jersey City residents who are poor.

Way to be Stevie - you sincere, conscientious and generous man!!

If only there were more people like you . . . .

Posted on: 2009/5/8 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I just had to edit the post I posted the same side twice ,the second side is my fav!

Posted on: 2009/5/8 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Greenvillechick... you're now my favorite poster! Hilarious.

(Sorry, saabconv, you're taking a backseat (in my Saab) en route to White Mana.)

Posted on: 2009/5/8 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Okay well I finally got the scans... here you go ENJOY! Photobucket jc flyer

Posted on: 2009/5/8 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Ive heard last night that some of the people on Healys team are jumping onto the Manzo team because they got a report from the numbers that came in.

I'd rather have 4 more years than Healy than Lou Manzo. That guy is crud. And in a divided field, he seems like he'll take votes from Healy alone. Not enough to help anyone but Levin, though.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Oh wait till you see the new flyers... we got papered last night around 11pm, I was sitting outside while they came around... a very very good cartoon of Healy and his beer... hysterical to say the least I am trying to scan it but might just have to take a picture and upload it....

Posted on: 2009/5/8 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Ive heard last night that some of the people on Healys team are jumping onto the Manzo team because they got a report from the numbers that came in. Anyone have any info on this?
1 more thing, isnt Patrick McCarthy The vice-chairman of the Jersey City Democratic Committee one of Mayor Healys sidekick that got FIRED for receiving stolen property & is still working or employed by Healy?
McCarthy was found in possession of two microphones, a cable and a speaker that are part of a larger wireless speaker system & this was for Healy to use that was borrowed from Dickinson High School.
Boy if I were Healy, Id get these guys back their jobs fast!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/7 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Despite Hyman's obvious intentions, is it true? Has Healy done anything for Lafayette or Greenville? Or, for African-Americans, Hispanics, or people of color in general?

For that matter, have Richardson (Lafayette), Sottolano (Greenville), Flood (at-large), Vega (at-large)? Or Nidia Lopez?

All these people are on the Healy ticket, and some of them are people of color so would know better than I would.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
so basically he is playing on peoples hatred towards Healy for his own personal gain??? unbelieveable... I really dont want to not vote, but have no idea who to vote for.... I'm at a loss with this election, I never thought I would be halfway interested in politics but damnit to hell!

Yeah -- this reminds me of the stunt that backfired when some unidentified older men with grey hair were passing out anti-Healy t-shirts to kids in the Public Housing Projects...

See story here:
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=127091#forumpost127091

Quote:
Excerpt from that article:

...The shirts have been distributed at the Booker T. Washington Apartments in Jersey City and a few other locations in the downtown section of the city.

When contacted about the t-shirts, Fulop said, "No one on my staff had any involvement with those shirts."

But several sources, including one longtime political source who has worked various on Jersey City political campaigns including Fulop's, alleged that Bertolli is responsible for the shirts.

Last week, Healy would only comment, "I have not heard anything about this t-shirt."

Not my t-shirt

When reached for comment, Bertolli denied he involvement in creating or distributing the shirt, adding, "No; it's not my t-shirt. That's my story and I'm sticking to it." Bertolli said he had, indeed, seen the shirts being worn at the Montgomery Gardens housing projects in Jersey City. He said he chuckled when he saw them.

"I think it is hilarious, but I take no credit," Bertolli said.

Fulop said he understood the "satire" behind the t-shirt, as he himself was subject of an internet prank in which the front page of his official website, www.stevenfulop.com, was appropriated for another website, www.stevefulop.com, with his picture replaced by the image of Mad Magazine icon Alfred E. Neuman.

But he said he did not approve of the t-shirt.

"I think it is childish," Fulop said. "I don't condone it. People find humor making fun of [politicians]."

Wrong timing?

Some political experts are also surprised that the t-shirts are being distributed to the public nearly two years before the next mayoral election.

But one expert said it is part of a plan to embarrass Healy, thus helping Fulop run for mayor in 2009.

The same expert believes this t-shirt stunt will fail and could backfire on Bertolli, or whoever is behind the shirts. Healy has proven surprisingly resilient to political controversy.

It's getting around

"Someone was giving out free t-shirts," said 15-year-old Alyce Miller last week, "and we just took them."

Miller and her three friends live in the Booker T. Washington Apartments in the Bergen-Lafayette section of the city, about a mile from the Jersey City waterfront. The four of them, including Nydeara Cater, Nadirah Harris, and Amanda Greene, were spotted walking in the Pathmark Supermarket on Grand Street in Jersey City last week wearing the t-shirts.

When asked who was giving away the t-shirts, they couldn't identify the person by name, but described the person as having "gray hair."

They were also asked if they knew to whom the t-shirt was referring. They said they had no idea.

When told it was probably about Mayor Healy, one of the young ladies responded in embarrassment: "Wow. We didn't know it was about him."..."

Posted on: 2009/5/7 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
so basically he is playing on peoples hatred towards Healy for his own personal gain??? unbelieveable... I really dont want to not vote, but have no idea who to vote for.... I'm at a loss with this election, I never thought I would be halfway interested in politics but damnit to hell!

Posted on: 2009/5/7 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized ImageQuote:
Does anyone have a flyer they can upload? Very curious to see it.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 14:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

the flier is linked to from our story that ran on Tuesday.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 12:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 17:52
From the best stuff on earth
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
Notice the Healy mindset as expressed by Demellier. How dare some out of town developer try to influence peoples votes. What does he think 3 million dollars worth of influencing peoples votes is. But thats ok because its Healy developers.

But there's a significant difference.

Healy is using his (contributed) millions to campaign to get re-elected. Hyman is using his (Flintkote) millions to coorce the city into another bad land deal. Now, where Healy got his contributions from and who he owes is unclear but one thing is certain, it ain't Hyman. It's likely that Hyman offered his money to Healy. Either Healy straight out wouldn't accept it or wouldn't guarantee a deal if he did. What does that say about Jerry? As much as it pains to me to admit, Healy looks like the hero here -- at least as far as the Embankment goes.

So now Hyman is using his own money to try to get "anyone else besides Healy" in office. Presumeably someone, anyone else whose administration will be more receptive to threats and bribes. Maybe if Hyman was up front in his message, instead of hiding behind the paper thin pretense that he gives a sh*t about a hospital in Ward A or busing in Ward F, then MAYBE he could avoid looking like a condescending, racist ass. But as it is, he's coming off like the total douche he is.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 12:44
My signature will be a funny quote and/or observation.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/5/7 11:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Notice the Healy mindset as expressed by Demellier. How dare some out of town developer try to influence peoples votes. What does he think 3 million dollars worth of influencing peoples votes is. But thats ok because its Healy developers.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 10:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe he should have bought out all the Montgomery West Side / Newport Mall buses with ads like Healy.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I work for a printer. There's no way he paid that much for 30,000 fliers. If he did, then he's an idiot.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, perhaps the best reason yet to vote for Mayor Healy!

If Hyman pisses Healy off enough, then there's no chance this administration would make a deal with him!

Woo hoo!

I wonder if Hyman is also asking anonymous posters on jclist to make baseless attacks on "faux preservationists" as well!

Posted on: 2009/5/7 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
This is a mind boggling price tag.

The only costs he could've potentially incurred for this are:

Creative/design (like maybe he paid someone a ton to come up with it)
Printing (which should cost not so much)
Postage (ok, this could be a big hit)
Street teams (but those are cheap)
Permits (if he even needs them to hand them out, not sure)

So unless it's a work of art or the flyers are laced with gold, he's a sucker or an exaggerator.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Chakotay wrote:
Hyman is hoping the next Mayor will rehire Mark Munley as HEDC Director. Then he can write his own ticket.

Ahhhh, still crossing my fingers the subpoenas issued by the Feds re: Munley and the sale of Flintkote to Hyman is still alive and well.

Hyman joining JCList in 5, 4, 3..........

Posted on: 2009/5/7 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
"The first wave of fliers, Hyman said, cost him $50,000."

Of course the math doesn't work - he's making it up. You could wallpaper all of Newport for $150,000. If I spend a few thousand dollars on leaflets and bombard a small area with them and tell you I'm going to spend some large amount to keep it up, the message comes across almost as well as if you actually spent the money, no?

Posted on: 2009/5/7 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcindependent wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:

Actually, assuming they were mailed, he did not over pay.

not mailed, hand distributed (on cars and after church services).

Then he grossly overpaid.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 23:22

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017