Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Frank, the pizza man is running for city council ( Frank's Famous Italian Pizzeria on Monmouth )
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc73 wrote:
Why is trash a matter for the police, whatever happened to those NID guys wasn't it thier responsibility to keep the streets cleans. How about the store owners aren't they responsible to keep the sidewalks clean. As a homeownwer I am responsible to keep my property clean. I'm not going to say anything bad about Frank the pizza man because I don't really know him, I don't personaly care for his pizza, but how can you say he is going to make a good councilman just because he makes good pizza. What does he stand for what has he done, apparently not enough in his own community if there is always litter. I've seen that section of Monmouth its filthy. Always a bunch of kids outside making all kinds of noise. Let's hear from him I haven't heard anything that he plans on doing, changes he wants to make.

Yes, lets hear from Frank. Love to hear his thoughts on the litter issue!!!

Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:16

Re: Frank, the pizza man is running for city council ( Frank's Famous Italian Pizzeria on Monmouth )
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
Why is trash a matter for the police, whatever happened to those NID guys wasn't it thier responsibility to keep the streets cleans. How about the store owners aren't they responsible to keep the sidewalks clean. As a homeownwer I am responsible to keep my property clean. I'm not going to say anything bad about Frank the pizza man because I don't really know him, I don't personaly care for his pizza, but how can you say he is going to make a good councilman just because he makes good pizza. What does he stand for what has he done, apparently not enough in his own community if there is always litter. I've seen that section of Monmouth its filthy. Always a bunch of kids outside making all kinds of noise. Let's hear from him I haven't heard anything that he plans on doing, changes he wants to make.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

football11 wrote:
being a home grown native his family being here for over 100 years i can not think of anybody (carpetbagers) coming over to try and take something that frank holds dear to his heart the place where hes born and raised and opened a buisness now opened 21 years where he felt that downtown jersey city is vialable to open up a buisness and 2 live and he loves competation and wants only the best and of course you have and (shamed to say) that theres a pit stop bar in his area within a block radius where they took out a dead body from a drug overdose and a cocaine arrest in 1999(jealousy is a big factor) and this is all a matter of police records just look it up the freeom of information act. I know frank and his family for many years and i know there honorable and compassionate people.

From the looks of it 'unique'/ Peter / Zack could be football 11 as well. Since you "guys" know and love Frank so much see if you can get him to answer 2 questions for me, since I can't get him to reply on JCList: What do you intend to do about the garbage problem on Monmouth? When school is back in session, what do you intend to do about the high school students( aka YOUR customers) throwing paper plates, cups and half eaten pizza on the sidewalks and in the gutter on Monmouth? Can't wait to read your reply unique..uh I mean Peter / Zack / Football.

Posted on: 2008/8/24 21:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/15 17:45
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Don't know Frank personally, but before he decides to run for City Council- please make a better pizza first!

I've been going to 3 Boys (right next door) for years. Still not the best pizza in town but better than Franks.

Gino's on Central is better by far. I'd rather travel to the heights for a slice than go to Franks.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

football11 wrote:
being a home grown native his family being here for over 100 years i can not think of anybody (carpetbagers) coming over to try and take something that frank holds dear to his heart the place where hes born and raised and opened a buisness now opened 21 years where he felt that downtown jersey city is vialable to open up a buisness and 2 live and he loves competation and wants only the best and of course you have and (shamed to say) that theres a pit stop bar in his area within a block radius where they took out a dead body from a drug overdose and a cocaine arrest in 1999(jealousy is a big factor) and this is all a matter of police records just look it up the freeom of information act. I know frank and his family for many years and i know there honorable and compassionate people.

I'm sure they are honorable and compassionate people, but can they keep the sidewalks clean, particularly on Monmouth Street between 3rd & 4th?

By the way, he may have opened up the pizzeria if he "believed in the neighborhood" as so many would-be politicians like to say, but do you really think he would have opened it up if he didn't think he could make money? Not that's there anything wrong with that, but most people don't open up an eating establishments out of the goodness of their hearts.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

football11 wrote:

Football,
With all due respect, it's very difficult to read your response due to all the run-on sentences. You need to use commas and periods. I think I get the gist of what your trying to say but answer me this. If Frank cares so much for the community why has it taken so long to get the trash cleaned up right in front of his business. Monmouth St is notorious for being filthy and his store is in the heart of it!
Once again, sorry for the grammar correction, I usually just stick to the issues but DAMN!!!

Posted on: 2008/8/16 20:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 12:58
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/8/16 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

mendezia wrote:
Yes - Let's elect a guy that can't take care of a trash problem in front of his own store to a post that would require him to take care of the trash problems in an entire ward - Go Pizza Man!

I have to agree, the front of his store was a pigsty for a very long time. It took a few promises of a fine from the JCIA just to get him to clean it up and put a garbage can out front for all the high school kids to throw their trash in. He allowed the children to throw trash all over the sidewalk and did nothing about it but take their money. He didn't give a damn about the trash in front of HIS business and how it affected his neighbors and other business, what make you think he'll give a damn about you??

Jaah

Well I just went by there and I must say that while his pizzeria was always messy out front, today it was as clean as it has ever been. Either he's taking his run for city council seriously or he actually reads these message boards.

No. There are 2 reasons why the front of his store was clean:

1) Fulop and the JCIA threatened to fine him if he didn't put a can out front and clean up after his customers ( He had to be warned several times with follow up visits. Fulop even went twice and Frank finally complied reluctantly)

2) The majority of the mess makers are high school kids who frequent his business for lunch/ 5 days a week. SCHOOL IS ON SUMMER BREAK!!!

Kind of explains why he is running. Control the right to litter?

Posted on: 2008/8/2 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

mendezia wrote:
Yes - Let's elect a guy that can't take care of a trash problem in front of his own store to a post that would require him to take care of the trash problems in an entire ward - Go Pizza Man!

I have to agree, the front of his store was a pigsty for a very long time. It took a few promises of a fine from the JCIA just to get him to clean it up and put a garbage can out front for all the high school kids to throw their trash in. He allowed the children to throw trash all over the sidewalk and did nothing about it but take their money. He didn't give a damn about the trash in front of HIS business and how it affected his neighbors and other business, what make you think he'll give a damn about you??

Jaah

Well I just went by there and I must say that while his pizzeria was always messy out front, today it was as clean as it has ever been. Either he's taking his run for city council seriously or he actually reads these message boards.

No. There are 2 reasons why the front of his store was clean:

1) Fulop and the JCIA threatened to fine him if he didn't put a can out front and clean up after his customers ( He had to be warned several times with follow up visits. Fulop even went twice and Frank finally complied reluctantly)

2) The majority of the mess makers are high school kids who frequent his business for lunch/ 5 days a week. SCHOOL IS ON SUMMER BREAK!!!

Posted on: 2008/8/2 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

mendezia wrote:

Jaah

Posted on: 2008/8/2 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mendezia wrote:

Jaah

Posted on: 2008/8/1 20:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/15 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
If he wants to run, good for him. That aside, I thought I'd weigh in on the pizza joints. Frank's pizza is CLEARLY superior to Three Brothers...just putting that out there.

Posted on: 2008/8/1 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mendezia wrote:

+1
Although I hear he's good at raising dough!!! Haha!

Posted on: 2008/8/1 18:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/12 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gmerc wrote:
How's the pizza at Frank's?

About as good as his chances of winning the council seat.

Posted on: 2008/8/1 18:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/14 13:47
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/28 17:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/5 20:15
Group:
Registered Users
How's the pizza at Frank's?

Posted on: 2008/7/28 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
One step toward electability in my book would be having a recycling can in his store. It really bugs me all the takeout restaurants selling bottled beverages that get dumped in the landfill.

Also, I was under the impression he had leased his store, not sold it, and the leasees weren't doing well enough to want to buy it.

Posted on: 2008/7/28 15:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Frank's got my vote! I've known him for years and he'd make a fine independent Ward E council person. He should run.

Btw... as far as I recall, Frank at some point had sold his store on Monmouth to open one in the Heights. Eventually he sold that store and rebought his old one -- hence the welcome back signs.

As for the rumor, you'd have to ask Frank, but his name doesn't come up as having any criminal convictions on the NJ Superior Court Convictions database.

All the best.

Geoff

Posted on: 2008/7/28 0:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 17:52
From the best stuff on earth
Group:
Registered Users
I seem to recall a handwritten sign: Welcome back Frank in the pizza place's front window a few years back.
The rumor was that he was back from the clink. Anyone know is there was any truth to this?

Not that a prior conviction disqualifies anyone to run for public office. Heck, in this backward city, might even improve his chances.

Posted on: 2008/7/27 23:15
My signature will be a funny quote and/or observation.

Frank, the pizza man is running for city council ( Frank's Famous Italian Pizzeria on Monmouth )
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The pizza man is running for city council

by Lysa Chen
Sunday July 27, 2008, 1:10 PM

Jersey City native and businessman Frank Scalcione is running next year for the Ward E council seat. He says he's not a politician, but he does have a question for those who are.
"Where's the money?"

The owner of Frank's Famous Italian Pizzeria on Monmouth Street, Scalcione, 42, said the city has a problem with "leakage" -- of tax income that is. High salaries and unnecessary overtime are eating up the city's tax intake, he said.

Taxes should be spent less on development along the city's edges but instead on improving infrastructure, increasing police presence and building more schools, he added.

Scalcione, who is single and lives on Third Street, said he's not a politician, but he knows what Jersey City residents want and need. He described himself as a regular guy, one of "the people," who is fed up with the system.

"There's no production, no accountability," he said. "If elected, I'll bring integrity to City Hall. If you don't have that, it's zero."

His experience as a businessman has been invaluable, said Scalcione, who opened the pizzeria 21 years ago. He learned how to deal with competition and the struggling economy, and above all, he learned the importance of treating people with respect and giving back, he said.

Current Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop said he wishes Scalcione luck.
"It's America," said Fulop, who has been contemplating a run for mayor. "The more people involved the better. That's the democratic process at work."

Jersey City resident Shelley Skinner, a close ally of Fulop and founder of the parent group Jersey City Families for Better Schools, has also tossed her hat in the ring for the downtown council seat.
See more in

Posted on: 2008/7/27 21:12

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017