Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 24 »

Re: Taqueria
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, #OOPS# their infant child, the little douchebag!

am i doin it right?

Posted on: 2011/7/18 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I've been there twice in the last 3 weeks. I saw the husband working on the garden there the first time, and the couple there last time. It's expected they may be there less. I've noticed absolutely nothing change in the food.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
5/15 1:51
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I'm coming up on the 1 year anniversary of "you treated my friends and I like shit for the last time and I'm actually not coming back." I hope Taqueria closes. Besides, this would be a great location for a Taco Truck Shop location.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 15:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Mentioning our little girl is exactly the class that we have come to expect from jersey city. Luckily...(actually luck has nothing to do with it) taqueria downtown is so busy and runs well enough on its own, so we can focus on taqueria LES. Can't even tell you the difference in class in the clientele in NYC than that in Jersey. So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store. You can say whatever you want about our store and about us and you do and that's fine. We've lived with it for years. But if you have something to say about our child who has nothing to do with anything, I urge you to come in and say it directly to our face and for once not cower behind the anonimity of the internet. Anyway...everyone else have a nice day. Let the jclist discussions begin...

Posted on: 2011/7/18 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Good riddance. This place screams of NYC (pretentious, subpar food); they'll fit right in with all the other underwhelming Mexican options in the city.

Wake up people. You live 10 minutes from one of the largest Hispanic populations on the East coast (Union City / North Bergen / West New York). If you want Mexican food, close your eyes and throw a dart at a map of Mexican restaurants in that area - you can't go wrong.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Wait, is the Taco Truck run by the same people as Taqueria?

Posted on: 2011/7/18 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That was going to be my next question. News to me

edit - just re-read the earlier posts and I guess it's not really new news. oh well.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm also confused by the poster's observations of the level of "class" of JC customers versus LES customers. Both neighborhoods seem to have a similar "class" of people, from my experiences. Maybe JC is more likely to have people who are actually native to the east coast, while Manhattan is more likely to have transplants from say, the midwest...and so they might be more "friendly" on the surface? :)

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I've never had a problem with the food or service but that comment left me a little cold. I think I'll bring my business elsewhere where my "class" won't come into question.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
CatDog, it's really a-hole of you to call a little baby names. WTF did that baby do to you? What kind of a piece of crap are you to ridicule a child just because you don't like the owners of a restaurant? Call them whatever you want, it's out of line to bring their child into your rant.

And to Taqueria, my family is at your establishment a lot. At least every other week we either have lunch there during the week or on the weekend. My kids love eating there and I know that when we are at Taqueria, they'll eat everything that's on their plate. It is disheartening to see your disdain towards your customers...is this how you feel about us? So you are just going to shut down your restaurant in JC and piss on your loyal customers, who by the way, probably helped you open a restaurant in NYC in the first place? Wow.

The two of youu need a time out and think about the tantrums both you threw on this board. Seriously. And while CatDog is just being a d-bag poster on an anonymous board, Taqueria needs to think about what they say about their customers before they post it on the internet for all to see. Are you going to hang this exchange up on your wall too?

Edited: Ooops, I called out the wrong person, sorry Ian!

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh and BTW I used to live in the LES before moving out to JC. The people there are just as a-holey as the people in JC.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ian, if you can see, I said that I called out the wrong person and I apologized. Settle down, Skippy.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
Who wants Mexican food anyway! what JC really needs is a good Kosher Deli!

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
CatDog, it's really a-hole of you to call a little baby names. WTF did that baby do to you? What kind of a piece of crap are you to ridicule a child just because you don't like the owners of a restaurant? Call them whatever you want, it's out of line to bring their child into your rant.

And to Taqueria, my family is at your establishment a lot. At least every other week we either have lunch there during the week or on the weekend. My kids love eating there and I know that when we are at Taqueria, they'll eat everything that's on their plate. It is disheartening to see your disdain towards your customers...is this how you feel about us? So you are just going to shut down your restaurant in JC and piss on your loyal customers, who by the way, probably helped you open a restaurant in NYC in the first place? Wow.

The two of youu need a time out and think about the tantrums both you threw on this board. Seriously. And while CatDog is just being a d-bag poster on an anonymous board, Taqueria needs to think about what they say about their customers before they post it on the internet for all to see. Are you going to hang this exchange up on your wall too?

Haha, this post is very Mom-like :) Seriously though, for the owners of Taqueria to throw their JC customers under the bus like this, and sort of "forget their roots" is really disheartening.

Taqueria: You've worked hard to perfect your product over the years, and you brought it to market, and all of that took hard work on your behalf ... but ultimately it was your loyal Jersey City customers who brought you success. How can you so quickly forget that?

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/2 13:12
Group:
Registered Users
Although not a justification, regarding the post from the owners, people sometimes say or do things out of the ordinary when the defense of their children is involved. Shame on those posters.

I have always had great food and service at Taqueria and will continue to go there. And although I'm sure there are many great Mexican restaurants in Bergen/Union etc, for a non-driving resident, Taqueria is perfect.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
5/15 1:51
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hrmph wrote:
Although not a justification, regarding the post from the owners, people sometimes say or do things out of the ordinary when the defense of their children is involved. Shame on those posters.

That might be true. But what's their excuse when it comes to how they treat their customers?

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ian, as I said from my last post, we go there a lot. Their service has improved immensely. Not sure if it's bc they have children of their own, or if they were too busy opening up their other shop.

And also, I did mistakenly call you out and and I apologized. It was obvious that I didn't mean you, when your post had nothing to do with calling a baby a d-bag.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:

I was making fun of jcboyz, who said "Screw the food, the owners are the biggest DOUCHE BAGS in JC!!!! WTF, these people suck so screw them and their kid!"

I love Taqueria and wish them and their child the best. And I think it was stupid of jcboyz to say mean things about their child. But I'll try to make my humor more clear next time.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a customer and treated just fine.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 17:14
Group:
Registered Users
Yea, of course, one should leave the innocent child out of this even if I was thrown out of the restaurant when I was there with my then six year old and 12 year old because the guy did not like a comment that saw good and bad in the place. It can't be easy to live in such a thin skin and I kind of think that the people of the LES will present their own challenges. I always thought the lady was sweet and was surprised to see some negative comments about her. Anyway, its better to eat at home in this economy anyway.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I was making fun of jcboyz, who said "Screw the food, the owners are the biggest DOUCHE BAGS in JC!!!! WTF, these people suck so screw them and their kid!"

I love Taqueria and wish them and their child the best. And I think it was stupid of jcboyz to say mean things about their child. But I'll try to make my humor more clear next time.

OK, sorry then! Sarcasm is hard to read on the Internet.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
I'm a customer and treated just fine.

Me too. And - I could be wrong - but I think the "Moby" character isn't there any more. He seems to have sparked most of the comments early on in this thread. (I haven't been in during the day as much, when he seemed to have worked most - maybe I've just been there when he isn't.)

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah Moby isn't there (hasn't been for quite some time) and I think you're right - he did spawn much of the negative feedback.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
This is a darn shame all around...

I just happened to stop by for some take out this weekend, and the young lady who took my order was delightful, the food was satisfying, and the experience was fine.

Yes, in the past service may have been brusk at times, but that is ancient history. I hope you, the owners of Taqueria, stay put and adopt a wait-and-see attitude. It would seem that many people like the place.

You have worked hard to build the business -- don't let a few stupid comments on a message board bring you down.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 17:56
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Who the hell is the Moby character?

Posted on: 2011/7/18 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It's just "authentic food" as interpreted by some people from Los Angeles. Frankly I find this never-ending search for "authentic" cuisine of any type very pretentious. It all just comes down to a non-authentic persons opinion. As for the kids? I find it hilarious that the people who run the place, who have dished out disdain for children for years according to statements made here, couldn't handle a little disdain for their kid. Also, they have finally spilled the beans (pun intended) as to their own attitude toward their customers with that post about "class". Shameful really.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
It's just "authentic food" as interpreted by some people from Los Angeles. Frankly I find this never-ending search for "authentic" cuisine of any type very pretentious. It all just comes to down to a non-authentic persons opinion. As for the kids? I find it hilarious that the people who run the place, who have dished out disdain for children for years according to statements made here, couldn't handle a little disdain for their kid. Also, they have finally spilled the beans (pun intended) as to their own attitude toward their customers with that post about "class". Shameful really.

I think this post pretty much sums up all of my feelings about this topic.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 19:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Some are absolutely right. We live in jc and our first business was in jc and we have have done whatever we could to give to the community. Comments were made in defense of our child that were not truly indicative of jersey city but more of some of the people that troll these sights and try to stir up drama. For every one ianmac or rbny or whatever other names they give, there are a thousand Bobs and Brians and susan and joes and reginas and johns and brendans and noahs...etc(you get the picture) who are friends and who really make all the hard work worth it. We are very, VERY appreciative of these fine people and it's a pleasure serving you and your children. People tear into us personally quite a bit and really, we can handle it. It's just when someone calls your child a little d-bag, well that's a bit much but oh well...by the way...it's little miss d-bag to you...

Posted on: 2011/7/18 19:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/21 19:56
Group:
Registered Users
I've been in JC over twenty years and have yet to see anything as toxic as the posts on here, but I've also learned that they mean next to nothing. People troll to troll. They have an inflated sense of self-importance due to how many times they post. (Woo-hoo?)

I've been going to Taqueria since it's opened. I've never had one bad experience with the service there. Some of the other customers, YES, but not the service. And I've never had one bad meal there.

When you're out and about in Jersey City, you get a true picture of the people and the businesses, something you don't get on here. I hope Taqueria is around for a long time--and I hope people make up their own minds about a place, before they take anything on here seriously.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Some are absolutely right. We live in jc and our first business was in jc and we have have done whatever we could to give to the community. Comments were made in defense of our child that were not truly indicative of jersey city but more of some of the people that troll these sights and try to stir up drama. For every one ianmac or rbny or whatever other names they give, there are a thousand Bobs and Brians and susan and joes and reginas and johns and brendans and noahs...etc(you get the picture) who are friends and who really make all the hard work worth it. We are very, VERY appreciative of these fine people and it's a pleasure serving you and your children. People tear into us personally quite a bit and really, we can handle it. It's just when someone calls your child a little d-bag, well that's a bit much but oh well...by the way...it's little miss d-bag to you...

To be fair, I never said anything about the child. I just thought the food sucked.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 20:33

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 24 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017