Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Key Foods - Jersey & 3rd
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
I hope they also discontinue they *ahem ILLEGAL* refusal to not accept credit/debit under $10. Yes, this is a violation of the agreement that stores make with Visa/MC/AmEx and if they are caught doing it are in trouble. I just hope they stop that nonsense because most people nowadays don't have so much cash on them!

Good luck to the new Key Foods.

I went in a week ago to pick up a few things, mistakenly thinking I had cash on me. They took my cc without hesitation and with a smile for about $8. I don't remember seeing a sign about policy.

I am very happy with the changes there. Every day it's getting better and better.

Posted on: 2012/4/16 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

While I completely agree with you that the whole $10 minimum thing sucks, it is actually completely legal as of 2010. A coalition of small business and retail organizations got together and asked Congress to make it a law to protect their decision to make minimum required amounts for transactions. They're protected under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act that was passed in July of 2010. It totally sucks.

Personally, I have no problem with it at all. I think it's perfectly fair, but I've worked in a small business for years. Losing that small flat rate + a half% or whatever it is adds up, especially for the smaller business on tighter budgets.

I'm not too overly thrilled with the place, but it is certainly loads better than what it used to be.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 23:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
I reviewed Key Food on Yelp - and am in total agreement with you guys. The produce, for the most part, looks better with more competitive prices than at ShopRite. And I've bought 2 lb of strawberries from Key Food in the past 2 days. Can't get enough!!!

http://www.dpan.yelp.com

Posted on: 2012/4/15 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
I live very near here and in the past would only go when absolutely necessary and for shelf stable items. I had to pick up a few items today, primarily produce, and decided to check it out on my way to the produce market on Newark Ave. Well, I didn't need to go to Newark Ave because no longer was the produce scary at C-Town/Key Foods. I think these changes are great. My one and only concern is what if they "upgrade" and in so doing get rid of some of the ethnic variety? I hope that doesn't happen. A few weeks ago I was in there and they didn't have one of the latin american sodas that I like, and the guy working the floor assured me that they were just out and would order more. I hope this is accurate and they won't won't stop carrying these sometimes otherwise hard-to-find items.

I also noticed what an above poster said- hope they get new shopping baskets! Well keep hope alive because I think a new half-wall they installed is to corral shopping carts and I would think that new shopping carts and baskets might be part of the same upgrade and perhaps that is coming soon!!!!!

I hope they also discontinue they *ahem ILLEGAL* refusal to not accept credit/debit under $10. Yes, this is a violation of the agreement that stores make with Visa/MC/AmEx and if they are caught doing it are in trouble. I just hope they stop that nonsense because most people nowadays don't have so much cash on them!

So bring cash before you shop there?

Posted on: 2012/4/15 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
The best thing you can do is take down that c-town sign....

Posted on: 2012/4/15 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

While I completely agree with you that the whole $10 minimum thing sucks, it is actually completely legal as of 2010. A coalition of small business and retail organizations got together and asked Congress to make it a law to protect their decision to make minimum required amounts for transactions. They're protected under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act that was passed in July of 2010. It totally sucks.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
I live very near here and in the past would only go when absolutely necessary and for shelf stable items. I had to pick up a few items today, primarily produce, and decided to check it out on my way to the produce market on Newark Ave. Well, I didn't need to go to Newark Ave because no longer was the produce scary at C-Town/Key Foods. I think these changes are great. My one and only concern is what if they "upgrade" and in so doing get rid of some of the ethnic variety? I hope that doesn't happen. A few weeks ago I was in there and they didn't have one of the latin american sodas that I like, and the guy working the floor assured me that they were just out and would order more. I hope this is accurate and they won't won't stop carrying these sometimes otherwise hard-to-find items.

I also noticed what an above poster said- hope they get new shopping baskets! Well keep hope alive because I think a new half-wall they installed is to corral shopping carts and I would think that new shopping carts and baskets might be part of the same upgrade and perhaps that is coming soon!!!!!

Posted on: 2012/4/15 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Can't say enough about the changes. First time in six years I've lived here that I've done a full on shopping at that supermarket. I bought mostly organic too. I talked to them about the things I hoped to see for the butcher shop and they are going to try and be as accommodating as possible with meat selections for BBQ season.

Would love it if they matched their new kickin' appeal with plastic produce bags that open and new baskets. I'll be supporting this place as much as possible. Hail the changes happening in this area.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 17:11

Key Foods - Jersey & 3rd
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/2 3:08
From Jersey Ave
Group:
Registered Users
Moderator, would it be possible to start a new 'Key Foods' topic since it definitely isn't the old C-Town anymore and doesn't deserve to be discussed under the "Beware C-Town @ 2nd and Jersey"?

I had shopped at C-Town for cat litter, TP, etc. for well over 20 years & was pretty skeptical that much would change when Key Foods moved in but ... wow, what a difference, and they're still not done remodeling. It's a real grocery store ... fresh veggies & fruit, great frozen section, and they still carry my favorite cat litter.

What a great addition to the neighborhood!

Saradove

Posted on: 2012/4/15 15:24

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017