Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 23 »

Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Regardless of mine or others hypothesis, if these 'unidentified witnesses' actually did see the entire event then this guy Brown will have his day in Court.

Tragically Brown won't. Wilson might.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:21

Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Two construction workers who were there.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/09/0 ... -officer-wilson-ferguson/

Interesting that Fox interviewed one of the workers back on Aug 12th, but seemingly sat on the story until now.

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/two-jef ... e-michael-brown-shooting/

I'm still not buying the 'two unidentified men' that claim to be witnesses and spoke to investigators - This tragic incident has too many stories and these 'witnesses' claim they only started to note the commotion after they heard the gun shots.

Note: Police are all trained to shoot to kill and empty out their weapon, not to shoot to disable. (Ask any cop) There is also clear guidelines when weapons are discharged; it has something to do if they feel their life is at immediate threat or those of the public.
The officer could surmise that after getting a whipping from Brown that he was coming back to finish him off.
Of course I or no-one else could be sure nor could we surmise that Brown came to his senses and wanted to surrender.

Regardless of mine or others hypothesis, if these 'unidentified witnesses' actually did see the entire event then this guy Brown will have his day in Court. Its not for us to jump on any bandwagon, make assumptions and start rioting and looting.

Remember even in this news report the witnesses also claim Brown was walking backwards when being shot - which is contrary to the autopsy.

There are too many grey areas with these witness statements and I'd be surprised if these 2 Fox news witnesses actually spoke to investigators or are called to Court by lawyers.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:18
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Protestors arrested today, Darren Wilson still free 1 month after shooting an unarmed teenager.

Probably because the protestors are criminals and DW is a good guy who did absolutely nothing wrong. :)

Another judgement based on skin color from the master baiter.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Protestors arrested today, Darren Wilson still free 1 month after shooting an unarmed teenager.

Probably because the protestors are criminals and DW is a good guy who did absolutely nothing wrong. :)

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/10 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
If your job is murdering an unarmed teenager then you should be lynched.
Let's find Darren Wilson, i'll bring the rope.

Waiting for VV and friends to applaud your "sense of humor." Clearly, people like me are baiting people in this discussion.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
If your job is murdering an unarmed teenager then you should be lynched.
Let's find Darren Wilson, i'll bring the rope.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Just stick to calling me a racist without using big words that confuse you.

Another master baiter who takes turns with Monroe and JCMan8.

Are the "master baiters" on this issue the ones that caused destructive race rioting and that are trying to lynch a cop doing his job?

Posted on: 2014/9/10 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Interesting that Fox interviewed one of the workers back on Aug 12th, but seemingly sat on the story until now.

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/two-jef ... e-michael-brown-shooting/

Posted on: 2014/9/10 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Just stick to calling me a racist without using big words that confuse you.

Another master baiter who takes turns with Monroe and JCMan8.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
"Just curious - do you always go to blatantly slanted sites to form/confirm your opinions?"

Stop projecting. You are the epitome and personification of the above along with your coterie of other xenophobic dimwits.

Xenophobic? If you knew anything about me you would realize why that is one of the most laughable accusation you could possibly throw out at me. Particularly amusing since nothing I have posted could possibly support that term (of course, I challenge you to demonstrate otherwise). Just stick to calling me a racist without using big words that confuse you.

Regardless, you LOVE to post horrifically biased articles/sources to support your contentions. I am certainly not a liberal but I do read the New York Times and a bunch of other left leaning sources. Also, a "I know you are but what am I" retort works far better when you can demonstrate that others have done it but you haven't. Meanwhile, I have just responded to a post where you have done exactly that but I'll wait patiently for you to post an example of me doing this.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
"Just curious - do you always go to blatantly slanted sites to form/confirm your opinions?"

Stop projecting. You are the epitome and personification of the above along with your coterie of other xenophobic dimwits.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Just curious - do you always go to blatantly slanted sites to form/confirm your opinions?

I mean seriously, the article freakin' says this: "Though there have been recent attempts to portray Brown as some kind of violent thug, the statement of the white witness also corroborates friends who say Brown had recently become deeply passionate about his Christian beliefs. The worker told a local television station that he had a half-hour conversation with Brown after Brown heard him utter a profanity in frustration after hitting a tree root while digging."

This was about a guy that just violently attacked and robbed a little guy 10 minutes before getting shot! It takes some amazing chutzpah to follow this story and write the above. He WAS a thug! Now, you can argue that he was a thug "with a softer side" and maybe he wasn't attacking the cop, then I guess go for it, but don't undertake blatantly BS tactics including pasting pictures of him from several years back to make him look younger and more childlike (a tactic adopted from the Trayvon Martin nonsense).

EDIT: Going to the front page, I'm starting to think this site may be your go-to for news and views.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/10 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
If I couldn't distinguish between a person back or a person front, then I would state what I witnessed (making it clear I was in doubt) and not second guessed what I 'thought' I saw or wanted to see!

Read it again. The witnesses all say that they saw officer Wilson firing a shot while Brown was running away and (they thought) Brown was hit in the back. And most of those statements were to the media and not sworn depositions. Premature to brand them liars imo.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 12:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If I couldn't distinguish between a person back or a person front, then I would state what I witnessed (making it clear I was in doubt) and not second guessed what I 'thought' I saw or wanted to see!

It was statements like this that could have caused the riots. My motto has always been - If in doubt, find-out or shut up.
I've witnessed many strikes (tools down) on building sites due to misinformation or deliberate falsehoods

Posted on: 2014/9/10 11:45
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We have to admit, there has been a lot of speculation and questionable, biased 'witnesses' about the whole incident ... even the autopsy showed that 'witnesses' have been lying with shots to the back !

FAB. Thought you you were smarter. My bad. Lying or wrong? Hanging or benefit of the doubt?

If the media report that witnesses clearly state that the officer shot this young adult in the back and the autopsy proved otherwise, one has to ask why did these 'witnesses' come forward and point blank lie - what was their motivation? Should they be charged for making a false statement and were their statements an Affidavit ... I'm no expert, but if I make a written statement that was false, I'd expect to get in trouble legally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_false_statements

It's equally plausible that the witnesses simply reported what they thought they saw and are not collectively "liars". Jerks on this thread have no problem labeling everyone involved, but get their wookies bent when they get labeled themselves.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cr ... eb-92fe-87fcee622c29.html

About a half-hour later, the worker heard a gunshot. Then he saw Brown running away from a police car. Wilson trailed about 10 to 15 feet behind, gun in hand. About 90 feet away from the car, the worker said, Wilson fired another shot at Brown, whose back was turned.

The worker said Brown stumbled and then stopped, put his hands up, turned around and said, ?OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.? He said he told investigators from the St. Louis County police and the FBI that because of the stumble, it seemed to him that Brown had been wounded.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 10:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
dtjc again proving the axiom that when you can't support your argument, call someone names. Well done!

Master baiter.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 9:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

That's right... You broke the story by posting links from other news sources... It's not because this was already supplied to you be another news outlet. It's because you hunted through every newspaper until you found news that you believe should be national news and pasted it here.

It's just another version of the knockout nonsense. This time, it's slightly different and still just as stupid.

We are going in circles. You understand the difference between local and national media, no? Also, I didn't hunt for these links, I actually saw them in a comment in the most recent article. Had no clue about these flash mob attacks before.

And yes, I do think this is a problem worthy of national attention. If this truly was a one off group of teenage degenerates, I'd agree with you, big deal. But it's not. Repeated "flash mobs" of black teenagers who indiscriminately beat everyone in sight, then disperse. If you were a victim in one of these repeated attacks, I doubt you'd be so dismissive.

Considering the endless drumbeats against police brutality (for good reason), you'd think the national media could devote even a second of coverage to this continuing troubling pattern.

I guarantee you this would be national news if it was a flash mob of white teenagers savagely beating random people.

So what you?re saying is that you didn?t ?break this story? and that you are just citing other news sources that other people are posting about. In short, these stories are being reported. I?m sure if they become a national problem, they?ll be picked up. Until then, they remain a local story.

As for your last part, you?re simply building a strawman that is false. Do you remember the white kids beating up the homeless man in Hoboken (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/2 ... h-of-homeless-man-in-n-j/)? That never made national news. So, your strawman is just that, a false argument that has, in fact, been trumped by actual facts. Better luck next time.

Unlike the flash mob attacks, the Hoboken thing truly was a one off incident. Not the same at all. I already told you that had this mob random attack occurred once it is not national news.

But as the vastly under reported links prove, this is an ongoing problem that is apparently getting worse. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that if large groups of white teens descended on public areas, savagely beat random people, especially innocent black victims, and this kept happening, that it would be ALL OVER the news. Most people on this thread would have heard of it too.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

That's right... You broke the story by posting links from other news sources... It's not because this was already supplied to you be another news outlet. It's because you hunted through every newspaper until you found news that you believe should be national news and pasted it here.

It's just another version of the knockout nonsense. This time, it's slightly different and still just as stupid.

We are going in circles. You understand the difference between local and national media, no? Also, I didn't hunt for these links, I actually saw them in a comment in the most recent article. Had no clue about these flash mob attacks before.

And yes, I do think this is a problem worthy of national attention. If this truly was a one off group of teenage degenerates, I'd agree with you, big deal. But it's not. Repeated "flash mobs" of black teenagers who indiscriminately beat everyone in sight, then disperse. If you were a victim in one of these repeated attacks, I doubt you'd be so dismissive.

Considering the endless drumbeats against police brutality (for good reason), you'd think the national media could devote even a second of coverage to this continuing troubling pattern.

I guarantee you this would be national news if it was a flash mob of white teenagers savagely beating random people.

So what you?re saying is that you didn?t ?break this story? and that you are just citing other news sources that other people are posting about. In short, these stories are being reported. I?m sure if they become a national problem, they?ll be picked up. Until then, they remain a local story.

As for your last part, you?re simply building a strawman that is false. Do you remember the white kids beating up the homeless man in Hoboken (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/2 ... h-of-homeless-man-in-n-j/)? That never made national news. So, your strawman is just that, a false argument that has, in fact, been trumped by actual facts. Better luck next time.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 17:27
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
7 dead and 22 more shot in Obama's stronghold Chicago, helmed by his confidante Rahm Emmanuel-this weekend.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, AG Holder are nowhere in sight.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/9 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
National v. local media. A pretty big difference you know.

Pretty apparent because while we all have heard of Ferguson - and police abuse ad nauseum - literally no one else in this thread was aware of this extremely disturbing pattern of behavior due to the lack of reporting in the national media.

Wouldn't you say the repeated occurrence of 100+ black teens forming a "flash mob" and indiscriminately beating victims of all races, occurring in numerous cities including Philly and South Orange NJ, is worth at least a mention in the national media? Strange how no one has heard about it before.

Is the "national media" one organization? I'm confused. Are you trying to claim that Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc are having meetings together to determine what stories they will cover? Are you also claiming the NY Times is not a national newspaper?

ABC, etc have national and local affiliates. The articles so far seem to only have been reported on their local affiliates, despite this huge problem happening for years.

NYT is a national newspaper yes. But did you click on the link? It is from 4 years ago. The others are far more recent.

And are you seriously trying to claim that these numerous instances got anything resembling national exposure? One guy on here tried to pretend yesterday's black mob beating was a "one off" incident. That's because the national media has been largely silent.

I?ll ask again, do you think the ?national media? is one giant conglomerate that has a meeting together to determine what gets put on the air?

The talk about the ?knockout game? has gotten national attention. I guess you want hours upon hours of it, but it was covered and the various news agencies moved on, mostly due to the collective yawn of the nation (after all, this is an urban problem, not something occurring in suburbia).

I see MSNBC (the only channel you seem to care about) has covered it in 2013: http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/w ... is-deplorable-73391683900

The knockout game is different. It usually involves a small group of (mostly black) teenagers, but sometimes men in their 20s or 30s.

This appears to be a grander version. The articles refer to "flash mobs" which are over 100 (mostly if not all black) teenagers. If you watch the video, they also go after multiple victims, whereas in the knockout game it is usually just one.

If MSNBC or any other national media outlet has covered the recent pattern of flash mob attacks, then you'd be right. But we know they haven't because no one has heard of them until I posted numerous links.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 16:15
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Pretty apparent because while we all have heard of Ferguson - and police abuse ad nauseum - literally no one else in this thread was aware of this extremely disturbing pattern of behavior due to the lack of reporting in the national media.

Wouldn't you say the repeated occurrence of 100+ black teens forming a "flash mob" and indiscriminately beating victims of all races, occurring in numerous cities including Philly and South Orange NJ, is worth at least a mention in the national media? Strange how no one has heard about it before.

Is the "national media" one organization? I'm confused. Are you trying to claim that Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc are having meetings together to determine what stories they will cover? Are you also claiming the NY Times is not a national newspaper?

ABC, etc have national and local affiliates. The articles so far seem to only have been reported on their local affiliates, despite this huge problem happening for years.

NYT is a national newspaper yes. But did you click on the link? It is from 4 years ago. The others are far more recent.

And are you seriously trying to claim that these numerous instances got anything resembling national exposure? One guy on here tried to pretend yesterday's black mob beating was a "one off" incident. That's because the national media has been largely silent.

I?ll ask again, do you think the ?national media? is one giant conglomerate that has a meeting together to determine what gets put on the air?

The talk about the ?knockout game? has gotten national attention. I guess you want hours upon hours of it, but it was covered and the various news agencies moved on, mostly due to the collective yawn of the nation (after all, this is an urban problem, not something occurring in suburbia).

I see MSNBC (the only channel you seem to care about) has covered it in 2013: http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/w ... is-deplorable-73391683900

The knockout game is different. It usually involves a small group of (mostly black) teenagers, but sometimes men in their 20s or 30s.

This appears to be a grander version. The articles refer to "flash mobs" which are over 100 (mostly if not all black) teenagers. If you watch the video, they also go after multiple victims, whereas in the knockout game it is usually just one.

If MSNBC or any other national media outlet has covered the recent pattern of flash mob attacks, then you'd be right. But we know they haven't because no one has heard of them until I posted numerous links.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/9 15:19
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/9 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/9 14:00
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
dtjc again proving the axiom that when you can't support your argument, call someone names. Well done!

Like Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton?

Has Al signed up for JClist and is posting?

Besides, Al supports Tawana and her lying, racist, false accusations. He's not offended by linking his name to hers.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Instead of posting racist drivel, why not look at what is actually happening across the country? Dare you to watch this video.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/crime ... ng-out-shoppers/15262309/

Or why not stick close to home? I am much more concerned about agents of the state, who are fully empowered to use lethal force when ever they feel it justified (though in many cases it's not), than a one-off group of hoodlums.

The Atlantic: The Perils of Standing While Hispanic in the Bronx

They both are problems, but the national media only reports on one.

It wasn't just a "one off group" attack either. First, it was over 100 teens. More importantly, it is part of a national trend that has not been receiving any real national media attention.

Here are more examples, closer to home as you asked. And yes, the fact is that these mobs are all of the same race.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/l ... enter-City-202189591.html

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/inde ... sh_mob_of_high_schoo.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/us/25mobs.html?_r=0

Again, I agree that both of the things you mentioned are real problems, but only one gets all the national media attention, giving the average person a very distorted view of reality.

I love irony! ?I?m going to complain about ?The Media? not reporting something by posting links to media outlets reporting exactly that!?

Posted on: 2014/9/9 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Instead of posting racist drivel, why not look at what is actually happening across the country? Dare you to watch this video.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/crime ... ng-out-shoppers/15262309/

Or why not stick close to home? I am much more concerned about agents of the state, who are fully empowered to use lethal force when ever they feel it justified (though in many cases it's not), than a one-off group of hoodlums.

The Atlantic: The Perils of Standing While Hispanic in the Bronx

They both are problems, but the national media only reports on one.

It wasn't just a "one off group" attack either. First, it was over 100 teens. More importantly, it is part of a national trend that has not been receiving any real national media attention.

Here are more examples, closer to home as you asked. And yes, the fact is that these mobs are all of the same race.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/l ... enter-City-202189591.html

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/inde ... sh_mob_of_high_schoo.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/us/25mobs.html?_r=0

Again, I agree that both of the things you mentioned are real problems, but only one gets all the national media attention, giving the average person a very distorted view of reality.

I love irony! ?I?m going to complain about ?The Media? not reporting something by posting links to media outlets reporting exactly that!?

Posted on: 2014/9/9 12:39
Dos A Cero

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 23 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact