Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 3 4 »


Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 847
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Some solutions

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Neighbor's-Dog-from-Barking

http://www.sureguard.com.au/How-to-Stop-Neighbours-Dog-Barking

http://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Comm ... Dogownership/Barking.aspx There is a brochure link on this site that could be modified for JC rules and legislation


Couldn't open the wikihow link. As for the collar, it is a bandaid and doesn't address the problem. The minute the dog discovers the collar is off, he reverts to the old behavior. I had a tenant who put a collar on the dog that sprayed a citrus scent everytime it barked. Not only did the dog start barking the minute the owner came home and removed the collar but the damn dog started to ignore the spray!

As I see it, it is the owner that needs behavior modification more than the dog.


A good friend of mine has a dog that likes to bark (same one I mentioned earlier) and it makes a huge ruckus when she leaves. She was going out on a date, and she knows her dog is going to go nuts, so she finally buys a bark collar and puts it on the dog before going on her date. She comes home later that night and immediately after walking into her place, she is hit with the strong, powerful smell of citronella. Her dog started to bark as soon as she left, and continued to do so, even while the collar kept spraying him with the citronella. He barked for so long that the collar ran out of citronella.

Moral of the story? Some dogs will not react to a citronella/anti-barking collar.


It's a hard thing to deal with given some breeds are naturally yappy. It is up to the owner to work on behavioral problems. But then again, how many owners are willing to display that much discipline themselves?

Posted on: 2014/8/26 11:16
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3932
Offline
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Some solutions

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Neighbor's-Dog-from-Barking

http://www.sureguard.com.au/How-to-Stop-Neighbours-Dog-Barking

http://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Comm ... Dogownership/Barking.aspx There is a brochure link on this site that could be modified for JC rules and legislation


Couldn't open the wikihow link. As for the collar, it is a bandaid and doesn't address the problem. The minute the dog discovers the collar is off, he reverts to the old behavior. I had a tenant who put a collar on the dog that sprayed a citrus scent everytime it barked. Not only did the dog start barking the minute the owner came home and removed the collar but the damn dog started to ignore the spray!

As I see it, it is the owner that needs behavior modification more than the dog.


A good friend of mine has a dog that likes to bark (same one I mentioned earlier) and it makes a huge ruckus when she leaves. She was going out on a date, and she knows her dog is going to go nuts, so she finally buys a bark collar and puts it on the dog before going on her date. She comes home later that night and immediately after walking into her place, she is hit with the strong, powerful smell of citronella. Her dog started to bark as soon as she left, and continued to do so, even while the collar kept spraying him with the citronella. He barked for so long that the collar ran out of citronella.

Moral of the story? Some dogs will not react to a citronella/anti-barking collar.

Posted on: 2014/8/26 2:15
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 847
Offline
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Some solutions

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Neighbor's-Dog-from-Barking

http://www.sureguard.com.au/How-to-Stop-Neighbours-Dog-Barking

http://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Comm ... Dogownership/Barking.aspx There is a brochure link on this site that could be modified for JC rules and legislation


Couldn't open the wikihow link. As for the collar, it is a bandaid and doesn't address the problem. The minute the dog discovers the collar is off, he reverts to the old behavior. I had a tenant who put a collar on the dog that sprayed a citrus scent everytime it barked. Not only did the dog start barking the minute the owner came home and removed the collar but the damn dog started to ignore the spray!

As I see it, it is the owner that needs behavior modification more than the dog.

Posted on: 2014/8/26 0:35
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4192
Offline
Some solutions

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Neighbor's-Dog-from-Barking

http://www.sureguard.com.au/How-to-Stop-Neighbours-Dog-Barking

http://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Comm ... Dogownership/Barking.aspx There is a brochure link on this site that could be modified for JC rules and legislation

Posted on: 2014/8/25 1:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 847
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
...
I don't get it with these so called animal lovers.


I think the answer may be as complex as the psych profiles of the owners themselves.

One idea that might help a dialogue. Have LHS publish something on responsible dog ownership. Not simply about ordinances and consequences of breaking them. But covering the why. Why caging or chaining all day is bad. Why regular exercise is good. Why picking up dog poop is necessary. Why incessant dog barking is bad. And perhaps steps they can take to be a better dog owner and responsible neighbor - including where orgs like LHS, city and county services can help if needed.

Some people are not receptive to one-on-one conversations, can feel threatened by them, singled-out, victimized, and respond by withdrawal or hostility.

Handing them a simple flyer or pamphlet would make every neighbor-to-neighbor conversation much more neutral and less confrontational.



The idea of a pamphlet is a good idea but anything from LHS would be a joke. These people know nothing about animal care themselves. One trip to that facility would prove that. Just read about each animal offered for adoption, it is an insult to the reader as well as the animal.

I showed the person with the barker that his dog could be friendly. I showed the one with the caged dogs that they wanted to be social and working with them a little bit each day would yield great results. Neither person is inclined. They just own animals, not 4 legged members of the family.

It's sad.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 23:29
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
...
I don't get it with these so called animal lovers.


I think the answer may be as complex as the psych profiles of the owners themselves.

One idea that might help a dialogue. Have LHS publish something on responsible dog ownership. Not simply about ordinances and consequences of breaking them. But covering the why. Why caging or chaining all day is bad. Why regular exercise is good. Why picking up dog poop is necessary. Why incessant dog barking is bad. And perhaps steps they can take to be a better dog owner and responsible neighbor - including where orgs like LHS, city and county services can help if needed.

Some people are not receptive to one-on-one conversations, can feel threatened by them, singled-out, victimized, and respond by withdrawal or hostility.

Handing them a simple flyer or pamphlet would make every neighbor-to-neighbor conversation much more neutral and less confrontational.


Posted on: 2014/8/24 23:05
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#99
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 847
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Bark-activated. Good choice. Nothing ventured...


but it will drive every dog crazy within its radius. not fair to the majority of dogs that are well-behaved.


It's radius is 50 ft. Outside that, doubt dogs will hear anything but barking starting and stopping. Bark-activation makes a lot of sense. And ultrasound doesn't work without direct line-of-sight.


I've just called the police again on the jerk with psycho dog. Dog barks for hours on end whether or not the owner is there. I have neighbors who shouldn't own dogs at all. The property where the barker lives has no backyard, owner has never walked dog or taken it to a dog park to excersize. There is a front yard about 5 feet wide and 20 feet long where it is chained. Another neighbor has two dogs who spend their days in their cages. They are only out to go to the vet, groomer and backyard. They are not allowed to roam the house. Another neighbor has two dogs no one would know if the dogs bit them. They are never out of the yard. This neighbor has called the police on another tenant of the building for smoking on the front steps but should count her blessings that no one calls the health department for stench of pee and poo eminating from her apartment. I have a dog and a decent sized yard that my dog loves but I also love taking my dog for walks to the park so the little kids can hug her. I love taking my dog to the dog park so she can interact with the other dogs. My dog is friendly, happy and has no particular reason to bark unless something doesn't set well with her or begging for a treat. I don't get it with these so called animal lovers.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 21:37
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#98
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Bark-activated. Good choice. Nothing ventured...


but it will drive every dog crazy within its radius. not fair to the majority of dogs that are well-behaved.


It's radius is 50 ft. Outside that, doubt dogs will hear anything but barking starting and stopping. Bark-activation makes a lot of sense. And ultrasound doesn't work without direct line-of-sight.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 18:14
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#97
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/2/3 21:36
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1300
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Bark-activated. Good choice. Nothing ventured...


but it will drive every dog crazy within its radius. not fair to the majority of dogs that are well-behaved.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 17:31
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#96
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3932
Offline
Now, THAT ONE may be effective. But, keep in mind its limited range (50 feet / 15 meters) and the fact that some dogs simply don't respond to these corrections. I wish you luck.

I am a dog owner, but not at all tolerant of incessant barking (I have trained my dog to not bark at all, unless alerting me to something seriously out of place) and I can see this being a serious quality of life issue. I have a friend that has a dog that once starts barking there is no stopping him. She has tried devices like this one, bark collars (spray and shock) and all kinds of other things. Her dog is simply too anxious and she was too lax early on. It has now become a serious issue and she may get kicked out of her building because of barking complaints.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 13:20
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#95
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Bark-activated. Good choice. Nothing ventured...

Posted on: 2014/8/24 4:08
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#94
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1053
Offline
thank you, found this on Amazon, will let you know if it's effective:

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Outdoor ... =high+pitch+sound+emitter

Posted on: 2014/8/24 3:27
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#93
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Yes many of us are too familiar with the woman who had 6 little white dogs but now has 5. Sadly the one she always had tagging far behind her off leash was stolen weeks ago at Enos Jones Park.
If you own a dog and live in JC you are welcome to join DOGJC on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogjc/


I had heard the dog was returned last week and a reward handed over. There was a suspicion that it was a kidnap scam.

Sadly the stolen dog died this weekend.

You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD


Don't even think about it. I can hear those things and a bunch of other people do too. They sound intolerable, and I'm pretty sure that YOU will find someone calling the cops on you, or vandalizing your property to figure out a way to disable them.


You only think you can. Try heavy duty tinfoil. Might block out the voices too.

http://homepages.ius.edu/kforinas/S/Pitch.html

Posted on: 2014/8/24 3:11
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#92
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Yes many of us are too familiar with the woman who had 6 little white dogs but now has 5. Sadly the one she always had tagging far behind her off leash was stolen weeks ago at Enos Jones Park.
If you own a dog and live in JC you are welcome to join DOGJC on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogjc/


I had heard the dog was returned last week and a reward handed over. There was a suspicion that it was a kidnap scam.

Sadly the stolen dog died this weekend.

You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD


Don't even think about it. I can hear those things and a bunch of other people do too. They sound intolerable, and I'm pretty sure that YOU will find someone calling the cops on you, or vandalizing your property to figure out a way to disable them.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 2:40
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#91
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD


How is a pest repellent device (even if calibrated for dogs) going to help with barking??? The only way to stop a dog from barking is by direct action: shushing, scolding, positive reinforcement, bark collars, desensitizing, training, something. But, from afar, you have NO OPTIONS other than talking to the owner about it.


I've owned enough dogs to know that high-pitched sounds can freak the c&&p out of some of them. Guess you haven't ever noticed that.


Wait... your suggestion is to blast the neighborhood/block/area with a high pitched noise?? Yeah, I can see that being SUPER effective.


Perhaps as effective as your sarcasm on me. Or perhaps not. People already use them in the hood to deter skunks, gophers and other critters. It's simply an option.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 1:25
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#90
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3932
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD


How is a pest repellent device (even if calibrated for dogs) going to help with barking??? The only way to stop a dog from barking is by direct action: shushing, scolding, positive reinforcement, bark collars, desensitizing, training, something. But, from afar, you have NO OPTIONS other than talking to the owner about it.


I've owned enough dogs to know that high-pitched sounds can freak the c&&p out of some of them. Guess you haven't ever noticed that.


Wait... your suggestion is to blast the neighborhood/block/area with a high pitched noise?? Yeah, I can see that being SUPER effective.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 0:52
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#89
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD


How is a pest repellent device (even if calibrated for dogs) going to help with barking??? The only way to stop a dog from barking is by direct action: shushing, scolding, positive reinforcement, bark collars, desensitizing, training, something. But, from afar, you have NO OPTIONS other than talking to the owner about it.


I've owned enough dogs to know that high-pitched sounds can freak the c&&p out of some of them. Guess you haven't ever noticed that.

Posted on: 2014/8/23 23:36
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#88
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3932
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD


How is a pest repellent device (even if calibrated for dogs) going to help with barking??? The only way to stop a dog from barking is by direct action: shushing, scolding, positive reinforcement, bark collars, desensitizing, training, something. But, from afar, you have NO OPTIONS other than talking to the owner about it.

Posted on: 2014/8/23 23:15
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#87
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Yes many of us are too familiar with the woman who had 6 little white dogs but now has 5. Sadly the one she always had tagging far behind her off leash was stolen weeks ago at Enos Jones Park.
If you own a dog and live in JC you are welcome to join DOGJC on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogjc/


I had heard the dog was returned last week and a reward handed over. There was a suspicion that it was a kidnap scam.

Sadly the stolen dog died this weekend.

You could consider investing in one of these or something similar. Might work, might do nothing, or might make things worse. Couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.electronicpestcontrolpro.c ... OD&Product_Code=BIR-YGARD

Posted on: 2014/8/23 22:37
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#86
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/6/12 15:07
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 180
Offline
Yes many of us are too familiar with the woman who had 6 little white dogs but now has 5. Sadly the one she always had tagging far behind her off leash was stolen weeks ago at Enos Jones Park.
If you own a dog and live in JC you are welcome to join DOGJC on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogjc/

Posted on: 2014/8/23 13:54
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#85
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4192
Offline
Stick a copy of the dog rules / legislation in her mail box with a well worded note that she needs to be more diligent and show empathy to her neighbors regarding noise and any issue you have.

I would make a point of highlighting in bold, underlined or color any points of laws that you feel she breaches, with a note that if things continue, a formal complaint would have to be made to Animal Control !

Posted on: 2014/8/23 7:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#84
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1053
Offline
I've a neighbor with 6 or 7 crazy little white dogs that she lets out her backyard at random hours, a lot of times in the middle of the night on weekdays and early morning on weekends on Manila Ave between 9th and Pavonia, in the compound behind Cordero - if you live in this part of the hood you know what I mean. The barking disturbs our sleep and by the time she takes them in, we're awake and pissed.

I'm pretty sure these dogs are inbred as a couple of them bark constantly at anything that moves. This is, maybe, the 2nd/3rd generation as I've lived here 17 years and they are definitely reproducing.

So what to do? I'm asking the responsible dog owners for advise. Should I turn in this woman? I know this is her "babies" and would be devastated if Animal Control takes them away.

I've tried to reason with her and have gotten into a couple of heated arguments but there is no reasoning.

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I don't like kids either and actually love dogs. Owned beagles for many years. Still treated them like pets and not children. That's just sad, my friend.

Either way, you work so hard that you spend quite a lot of time on here. That time could be spent actually doing something positive in your community. Even tiny efforts are always appreciated especially with neighborhood associations. But you just go right on ahead making yourself feel better insulting strangers alone with your dog-children.



To each their own. Not sure why treating my dogs well is "sad." If I had kids I'm sure you would be complaining that I spoiled them too. At any rate, I'm on here for maybe 10 minutes a day - I can't even drive to a meeting in that time. Plus, showing up to various community associations filled with obnoxious blowhards looking to whine about everything from dogs to bikes on sidewalks to all kinds of other things doesn't seem like a productive use of my time. Besides, you wouldn't like me there since my contribution would mainly be to tell everyone that they're pricks and recommending that people move to gated communities if they want to run every aspect of other people's lives. At least on here I type it out, click "Submit" and then go on with my day.

Posted on: 2014/8/23 5:39
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#83
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Speaking of which, supposedly that was coming to an end after their insane lobbying, yet from what I see there has been absolutely no change.


There has been very little change. I walk my dog (on a leash) daily through that park. It seems like the Parks & Recreation people there more frequently (or at least it seems to me), and when they're there dogs are on leashes. But when they're not, game on. I don't care either way. I prefer to keep my dog on a leash, but I'm not concerned by those who don't.


That's what I was getting at. DTJC was SWEARING that he would put an end to offleash dogs there. I laughed at him and noted that it would never happen.


Who was? Not I. I happen to think that ticketing owners with off-leash dogs is one of those selectively enforceable laws. Like kids skateboarding, or playing wiffleball in a park. If they're not causing anyone any harm, what's the problem?



Apologies, crappy memory.

Posted on: 2014/8/12 15:17
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#82
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3141
Offline
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Speaking of which, supposedly that was coming to an end after their insane lobbying, yet from what I see there has been absolutely no change.


There has been very little change. I walk my dog (on a leash) daily through that park. It seems like the Parks & Recreation people there more frequently (or at least it seems to me), and when they're there dogs are on leashes. But when they're not, game on. I don't care either way. I prefer to keep my dog on a leash, but I'm not concerned by those who don't.


That's what I was getting at. DTJC was SWEARING that he would put an end to offleash dogs there. I laughed at him and noted that it would never happen.


Who was? Not I. I happen to think that ticketing owners with off-leash dogs is one of those selectively enforceable laws. Like kids skateboarding, or playing wiffleball in a park. If they're not causing anyone any harm, what's the problem?


Posted on: 2014/8/12 4:09
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#81
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3071
Offline
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
the people who live at 236 1st Street have decided to leave their barking beagles outside 24/7.

notes haven't helped. talking face-to-face hasn't, either.

the sound travels in a way that you can hardly hear it from the street in front of their building, so when the police arrive at 3am, they slow down, stick their heads out of the window, hear nothing, and move along.

around the corner on Erie, it is amplified and super obnoxious.

anybody else hearing this? or only those of us lucky enough to share a backyard with these charmers?


Use seeclickfix or the RRC link on the City website to report and document every occurrence, particularly late night. If it continues - escalate it to Candice and the at-large councilors. You'll have the incidents/evidence documented. You also could try contacting their property manager TSE RESIDENT MANAGEMENT, LLC listed on their property tax record at the same address.

All else fails, you may have to hire a lawyer, but at least you'll have collected evidence.


25 replies since I posted this question, and only one of them is actually useful. Thanks, dtjcview!

JC list, you never disappoint.


You got the answer you wanted plus some entertainment. Can't have a problem with that!

Posted on: 2014/8/11 14:52
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#80
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Plus, showing up to various community associations filled with obnoxious blowhards looking to whine about everything from dogs to bikes on sidewalks to all kinds of other things doesn't seem like a productive use of my time. Besides, you wouldn't like me there since my contribution would mainly be to tell everyone that they're pricks and recommending that people move to gated communities if they want to run every aspect of other people's lives. At least on here I type it out, click "Submit" and then go on with my day.


I never said treating your dogs well was sad. Treating your dogs like they are actually your children is very sad. But, as you said, to each their own.

However, contrary to your opinion, neighborhood associations get quite a great deal done for their communities, unbeknownst to their neighbors. Everything, ranging from quality of life, to parks and recreations, fund raising for local events, involvement and communication with local police/councilpersons/mayor, etc. is done by these associations. It's not a place where people go to just bitch about this and that.

I'm sorry you have such a negative attitude towards your community and what they do to maintain that sense of community with a high quality of life. But then again, given your statements, maybe it's a good thing you're NOT a member of your local association. So, in that regard, I thank you for not being involved and leaving it to those who actually care.


Serious Q - exactly why is it sad? It isn't like I do it because I want kids but can't have them or something like that.

Yeah, your idea of "quality of life" is very different from mine, I suspect. I don't have a negative attitude towards my community as a whole, but I have a negative attitude towards the sort of people that participate in these sorts of orgs. I function on the notion of "live and let live" while these busybodies operate on the notion of "things others do that we don't like interfere with our quality of life!" Frankly, I hope you guys fail in all of your endeavors.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 14:48
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#79
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/2/3 21:36
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1300
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
the people who live at 236 1st Street have decided to leave their barking beagles outside 24/7.

notes haven't helped. talking face-to-face hasn't, either.

the sound travels in a way that you can hardly hear it from the street in front of their building, so when the police arrive at 3am, they slow down, stick their heads out of the window, hear nothing, and move along.

around the corner on Erie, it is amplified and super obnoxious.

anybody else hearing this? or only those of us lucky enough to share a backyard with these charmers?


Use seeclickfix or the RRC link on the City website to report and document every occurrence, particularly late night. If it continues - escalate it to Candice and the at-large councilors. You'll have the incidents/evidence documented. You also could try contacting their property manager TSE RESIDENT MANAGEMENT, LLC listed on their property tax record at the same address.

All else fails, you may have to hire a lawyer, but at least you'll have collected evidence.


25 replies since I posted this question, and only one of them is actually useful. Thanks, dtjcview!

JC list, you never disappoint.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 14:37
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#78
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1072
Offline
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Plus, showing up to various community associations filled with obnoxious blowhards looking to whine about everything from dogs to bikes on sidewalks to all kinds of other things doesn't seem like a productive use of my time. Besides, you wouldn't like me there since my contribution would mainly be to tell everyone that they're pricks and recommending that people move to gated communities if they want to run every aspect of other people's lives. At least on here I type it out, click "Submit" and then go on with my day.


I never said treating your dogs well was sad. Treating your dogs like they are actually your children is very sad. But, as you said, to each their own.

However, contrary to your opinion, neighborhood associations get quite a great deal done for their communities, unbeknownst to their neighbors. Everything, ranging from quality of life, to parks and recreations, fund raising for local events, involvement and communication with local police/councilpersons/mayor, etc. is done by these associations. It's not a place where people go to just bitch about this and that.

I'm sorry you have such a negative attitude towards your community and what they do to maintain that sense of community with a high quality of life. But then again, given your statements, maybe it's a good thing you're NOT a member of your local association. So, in that regard, I thank you for not being involved and leaving it to those who actually care.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 14:26
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#77
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 820
Offline
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I don't like kids either and actually love dogs. Owned beagles for many years. Still treated them like pets and not children. That's just sad, my friend.

Either way, you work so hard that you spend quite a lot of time on here. That time could be spent actually doing something positive in your community. Even tiny efforts are always appreciated especially with neighborhood associations. But you just go right on ahead making yourself feel better insulting strangers alone with your dog-children.



To each their own. Not sure why treating my dogs well is "sad." If I had kids I'm sure you would be complaining that I spoiled them too. At any rate, I'm on here for maybe 10 minutes a day - I can't even drive to a meeting in that time. Plus, showing up to various community associations filled with obnoxious blowhards looking to whine about everything from dogs to bikes on sidewalks to all kinds of other things doesn't seem like a productive use of my time. Besides, you wouldn't like me there since my contribution would mainly be to tell everyone that they're pricks and recommending that people move to gated communities if they want to run every aspect of other people's lives. At least on here I type it out, click "Submit" and then go on with my day.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 13:20
 Top 


Re: Constant barking dogs
#76
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1072
Offline
I don't like kids either and actually love dogs. Owned beagles for many years. Still treated them like pets and not children. That's just sad, my friend.

Either way, you work so hard that you spend quite a lot of time on here. That time could be spent actually doing something positive in your community. Even tiny efforts are always appreciated especially with neighborhood associations. But you just go right on ahead making yourself feel better insulting strangers alone with your dog-children.


Posted on: 2014/8/11 4:26
 Top 




(1) 2 3 4 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017