Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 69 70 71 (72) 73 74 75 ... 78 »

Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
When the marriage equality legislature was in process, plenty of wedding-oriented businesses refused to serve gay couples. At its core, this is no different.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/5 20:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
It's stupid as hell and just a form of virtue signaling. As Michael Jordan used to say, both Republicans and Democrats buy shoes.

Did you see what the Grubhub CEO did? He sent a memo to all employees basically telling Trump voters to resign. Their stock price has plunged over 10% since he made these comments, because they outraged many people who swore never to use their service again.

I sure did. #Boycottgrubhub is trending hard on twitter and now rumblings of lawsuits. I don't care either way what personal views people have. I just find it an interesting topic when it comes to businesses.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VoiceOfReason wrote:
I think what's starting to become very interesting is how some JC businesses are responding to the election. I'm not sure how I feel about businesses taking on a public political stance. Just in from Pint:

"Dear Pint Fans:

We love our diverse clientele. That diversity is what makes our city such a great place. We also love Yuengling - in fact we sell 230 barrels of Yuengling a year. But, Yuengling does not love us. The owners of Yuengling supporteded the racist, anti-gay, anti-women candidacy of Donald Trump. And we can't support that.

Beginning next week, Pint will no longer sell Yuengling or products from D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. The $15,000 a year we paid for their products will go to companies that do support diversity. We are also closing our account with Peerless Beverage Company, the distributor of Yuengling, until they drop Yuengling products from their lineup.

While we have a few kegs of Yuengling we already paid for and we'll pour those til they're gone, we're not worried about letting them go. We have lots of amazing craft brewers who will fill the Yuengling taps with delicious beer.

We don't expect that dropping Yuengling will change the world. But it will tell our neighbors, our friends, and you, that when you come to Pint you're welcome here - regardless of who you love, what you look like, or whether you sit or stand to pee.

Thanks for being our customers -

Wolf Sterling, Owner
Tommy DeMaio, General Manager"

It's stupid as hell and just a form of virtue signaling. As Michael Jordan used to say, both Republicans and Democrats buy shoes.

Did you see what the Grubhub CEO did? He sent a memo to all employees basically telling Trump voters to resign. Their stock price has plunged over 10% since he made these comments, because they outraged many people who swore never to use their service again.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
smart business move. would you want your business to be associated in any way with hate? even if it was kkk-lite?

That's what the debate becomes. If that's the case, are the bars that continue to serve the beer associated with hate now? I dunno. Becomes messy when money is involved.

The CEO of GrubHub sure made a mess for himself and now the stock is 10% down (last I saw). All because he expressed his personal political views in an email to the employees. Messy!

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

VoiceOfReason wrote:
I think what's starting to become very interesting is how some JC businesses are responding to the election. I'm not sure how I feel about businesses taking on a public political stance. Just in from Pint:

"Dear Pint Fans:

We love our diverse clientele. That diversity is what makes our city such a great place. We also love Yuengling - in fact we sell 230 barrels of Yuengling a year. But, Yuengling does not love us. The owners of Yuengling supporteded the racist, anti-gay, anti-women candidacy of Donald Trump. And we can't support that.

Beginning next week, Pint will no longer sell Yuengling or products from D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. The $15,000 a year we paid for their products will go to companies that do support diversity. We are also closing our account with Peerless Beverage Company, the distributor of Yuengling, until they drop Yuengling products from their lineup.

While we have a few kegs of Yuengling we already paid for and we'll pour those til they're gone, we're not worried about letting them go. We have lots of amazing craft brewers who will fill the Yuengling taps with delicious beer.

We don't expect that dropping Yuengling will change the world. But it will tell our neighbors, our friends, and you, that when you come to Pint you're welcome here - regardless of who you love, what you look like, or whether you sit or stand to pee.

Wolf Sterling, Owner
smart business move. would you want your business to be associated in any way with hate? even if it was kkk-lite?

Actually totally spineless, pour out the remaining kegs of that crappy assed beer if you have any ballz.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VoiceOfReason wrote:

"Dear Pint Fans:

Wolf Sterling, Owner

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

"Dear Pint Fans:

Wolf Sterling, Owner

Posted on: 2016/11/11 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
how big will trump's wall along the mexico border be? 100 feet by 10 feet. 2 inches thick?

also, trump's talk of shelving nafta has sent the mexican peso plunging 10% which gives mexican exporters a new advnatage while hurting american exporters to mexico. great job, scumbag!

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

...Here this might just blow the left?s ?only stupid rural bigots? voted for Trump theory..

I think you're mistaking the left's sentiment here. It is not that "only stupid rural bigots voted for Trump", not even "mostly stupid rural bigots voted for Trump." Rather it is, "stupid rural bigots mostly voted for Trump."

Because Trump stoked those fires by bombastically using xenophobic and racist rhetoric, that is likely not an ill-informed assumption.

However, this is kind of a straw man/easiest (most emotionally incisive) angle to take. The reason WI, MI, OH, and PA were lost was because both the Republican and Democratic parties have effectively ignored the death of the middle class over the last two and a half decades. The only major party candidates addressing this were Trump and Sanders.

President-elect Trump has a responsibility to condemn ALL violence and intimidatory behavior from ALL parties and do everything in his power to bind the wounds his campaign may have caused (regardless of whether or not you or even he believes he is to blame). He had his first failure at that test last night in which he used his Twitter account to call protests unfair.

We have a long way to go. Protests will likely continue in the short term (if the cabinet names being floated come to pass) and flare up again around inauguration time.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i hear scumbag is looking at tweaking obama care and dodd-frank....not repealing it.

ACA can't be 'tweaked'. It's too far along in crashing, which was its goal by design: make single-payer the "only option".

I expect by 2017, record numbers of healthy people will just pay the fine.. or be smart, reduce their withholding enough that the IRS cannot collect the fine.

Insurance companies will be left with nothing but the sick. This btw is exactly what happened in NY, NJ, and VT when they did their own versions of Obamacare (minus the mandatory purchases of insurance).

Trump will have three choices:

1. Single-payer (IMO.. won't happen since Medicare is already cash flow negative).
2. Deregulate (repeal ACA and allow insurance to be purchased across state lines).
2. Move to something like a Singapore system (mandatory HSAs), but with a more open insurance market in option #2.

Trump signals flexibility on ObamaCare. Yeah, babby!
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/art ... e-citing-oval-office-talk

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i hear scumbag is looking at tweaking obama care and dodd-frank....not repealing it.

ACA can't be 'tweaked'. It's too far along in crashing, which was its goal by design: make single-payer the "only option".

I expect by 2017, record numbers of healthy people will just pay the fine.. or be smart, reduce their withholding enough that the IRS cannot collect the fine.

Insurance companies will be left with nothing but the sick. This btw is exactly what happened in NY, NJ, and VT when they did their own versions of Obamacare (minus the mandatory purchases of insurance).

Trump will have three choices:

1. Single-payer (IMO.. won't happen since Medicare is already cash flow negative).
2. Deregulate (repeal ACA and allow insurance to be purchased across state lines).
2. Move to something like a Singapore system (mandatory HSAs), but with a more open insurance market in option #2.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Obamacare will be referred to as "Trumpcare" with certain unnecessary provisions gotten rid of like same rates for pre-exisiting conditions. It's gonna be GREAT!
don't make me cry and laugh at the same time. of course, you know trump and the gop will take all the credit for a "broken" system that they helped break and then claim credit for "fixing" it a la romneycare

these people have a warped sense of reality....reminds of a girl in college who claimed she was a virgin since she always made guys wear a condom.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Obamacare will be referred to as "Trumpcare" with certain unnecessary provisions gotten rid of like same rates for pre-exisiting conditions. It's gonna be GREAT!

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Way to crack the case, Neverleft. You and The Big "Guy" are a regular Cagney and Lacey. But wait - also from the article you posted:

The attack was one of several reported in the wake of Donald Trump?s election victory.

I got an email today from St. Peter's Prep, where my son attends, telling me what measures they are taking to prevent further incidents of intimidation from occurring - incidents they have been experiencing following the election.

I'm sure keeping your head up your ass is good for warmth and allows you to better see the world you want, but it probably blinds you from what really is going on. Just a hunch.

Yes thanks but I consider myself more of a Kojack. (I don?t know about The Big Guy maybe a Columbo.. does he own a raincoat? ) Oh and it says one of several ?REPORTED?.

Is Prep setting up a ?cry in? with tissues and hot chocolate, canceling classes and exams, handing out Play-Doh and coloring books, offering therapy dogs for comfort, or just bringing in therapists for the ?traumatized? suburb students?

WSJ:

?Dozens of students at Cornell University gathered on a major campus thoroughfare for a ?cry-in? to mourn the results of the 2016 presidential election Wednesday, with school staff providing tissues and hot chocolate.?

?At Tufts University, arts and crafts were on offer. And the University of Kansas reminded students via social media of the therapy dogs available for comfort every other Wednesday.?

?There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton?s office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.?

?Still, Alan Peel, an astronomy lecturer at the University of Maryland canceled a test scheduled for Wednesday morning, writing to students that he worried some of their performances may be affected by ?the monumental effort necessary to accept what must be a personally threatening election result.?

Do you think all of the above is a normal response to an election loss? No wonder President elect Trump won people are fed up with this crap.

The funny thing is if I dared to utter words of disappointment when both McCain and Romney were defeated by Obama I would have been labeled a racist. Yet Clinton supporters are rioting and protesting over Trump?s victory. Hmmm.

I hardly think I am blinded ?from what really is going on?. I watch other news networks besides CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. (how about you?) Here this might just blow the left?s ?only stupid rural bigots? voted for Trump theory. (I hope they don?t need to squeeze Play-Doh over it) I voted for Trump and I am a registered Democrat (who votes for the best candidate) I have two under grad degrees and a Master?s degree. And I am hardly a bigot I was born, raised, and still live in the most diverse city in America because I choose too.

Get over it and move on.

PS ? Merry Christmas?. Again.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:02

Edited by neverleft on 2016/11/11 21:24:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
All of these crimes, including the people who lied, regardless of side, are wrong.

But even many staunch supporters of Trump said that they didn't always like what he said, but they liked that he was an outsider and not a politician. I can respect that. It's the subset of supporters, who I like to believe don't represent the majority of his followers, that now are latching onto the hateful aspects of his platform and taking it as carte blanche to do these awful things against others.

All I'm saying is that he needs to come out against this if he meant what he said about unifying the country.

Please provide proof of one act of physical harm that a Trump supporter inflicted on an innocent person.

Not social media accounts where there is no evidence apart from a self-serving post (and usually the "victim" didn't even go to the police). And not hateful words, because as bad as those are, they don't compare to beatings, two examples of which I posted.

In the absence of actual proof, there is nothing to denounce, apart from general statements that we must all come together.

Alternatively, I'd be fine if he denounced the wrongdoers on both sides (because there probably are some Trump supporters that did say hateful words to people). But I resent the implication posted here that minorities are being victimized by Trump supporters when there isn't actual evidence of that, and when we do have proof and video, the evidence tends to show the reverse.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that most Trump supporters live in rural areas yet these "hate crimes" allegedly are occurring in very liberal urban cities?

Oh... the media used the same racial slander / fascist charges against the Tea Party when all they wanted was to get taxation / federal spending under control.

They were basically senior citizens / pensioners asking for fiscal responsibility and accountability for spending. Suddenly these peaceful protesters were part of the KKK and Aryan Brotherhood.

And they were maligned by media lies parroting the White House talking points.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
All of these crimes, including the people who lied, regardless of side, are wrong.

But even many staunch supporters of Trump said that they didn't always like what he said, but they liked that he was an outsider and not a politician. I can respect that. It's the subset of supporters, who I like to believe don't represent the majority of his followers, that now are latching onto the hateful aspects of his platform and taking it as carte blanche to do these awful things against others.

All I'm saying is that he needs to come out against this if he meant what he said about unifying the country.

Please provide proof of one act of physical harm that a Trump supporter inflicted on an innocent person.

Not social media accounts where there is no evidence apart from a self-serving post (and usually the "victim" didn't even go to the police). And not hateful words, because as bad as those are, they don't compare to beatings, two examples of which I posted.

In the absence of actual proof, there is nothing to denounce, apart from general statements that we must all come together.

Alternatively, I'd be fine if he denounced the wrongdoers on both sides (because there probably are some Trump supporters that did say hateful words to people). But I resent the implication posted here that minorities are being victimized by Trump supporters when there isn't actual evidence of that, and when we do have proof and video, the evidence tends to show the reverse.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that most Trump supporters live in rural areas yet these "hate crimes" allegedly are occurring in very liberal urban cities?

You're right. I don't have that video "proof." Perhaps I'm just as disgusted by words and attitudes as I am by actions....

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Way to crack the case, Neverleft. You and The Big "Guy" are a regular Cagney and Lacey. But wait - also from the article you posted:

The attack was one of several reported in the wake of Donald Trump?s election victory.

I got an email today from St. Peter's Prep, where my son attends, telling me what measures they are taking to prevent further incidents of intimidation from occurring - incidents they have been experiencing following the election.

I'm sure keeping your head up your ass is good for warmth and allows you to better see the world you want, but it probably blinds you from what really is going on. Just a hunch.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
Apparently Trump asked Obama and Clinton to speak out against the protests. I want to see Trump speak out against these terrible hate crimes happening, especially in schools/colleges. He said he would try to unify. He should use that power now.

(which hate crime? )

WaPo: Louisiana student ?fabricated? story of hijab attack, police say

By Derek Hawkins and Fred Barbash November 10 at 7:34 PM

Updated
A student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette fabricated a story that she was attacked and had her hijab rippped off, police said Thursday.

In a press release Thursday afternoon, the Lafayette Police Department said that during the course of their investigation into the woman?s complaint, she ?admitted that she fabricated the story about her physical attack as well as the removal of her hijab and wallet by two white males.

?This incident is no longer under investigation? by the department, the statement said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mo ... en-invoking-donald-trump/

Funny you should mention St Peter's Prep.... They experienced a "racial incident" a few years back when a junior running for class president reported that he was receiving text messages from unknown "implied to be white" classmates using racist language and threats to force him out of the race.

National news story that involved JCPD investigating. Happened in spring, went through summer and by start of school that Fall, the "investigation" quietly ended with the kid withdrawing from school.

Terrible experience and smear on the school admin, faculty, student body and alumni.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
my ilk?

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
You guys see this fine man?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/795396842833985541

At least he did not put a brick into that guy's head like your ilk is wont to do.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

These are fake hate crimes. There is no evidence that they occurred beyond self-serving accounts from people desperate to pretend they are a victim. But those who want to believe they are true are happy to believe without a shred of real evidence.

For example, see this woman who already admitted she lied about a hate crime one day later.

http://www.katc.com/story/33679687/ul ... ulted-her-and-stole-hijab

Want to see some actual hate crimes?

Here, a group of blacks pulled a white man out of his car, beat the shit out of him, and robbed him, all because they thought he voted for Trump. There's a video and everything. You know, real evidence.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... d-trump-article-1.2867997

And today, a group of blacks beat up a gay white male Hillary supporter because they thought he voted for Trump. Of course, it's buried, but here it is.

http://m.startribune.com/500-gather-n ... ion-statements/400770921/

He started walking home when three men and a woman confronted him near the corner of Marion Street, he said.

?They accused him of voting for Trump,? Linders said. ?He told the group he didn?t vote for Trump.?

The group told the man that white voters elected Trump. He told the group he was gay and would not judge others.

Two of the men punched the victim in the face multiple times and called him a homophobic slur while their two companions laughed, Linders said.

So yes, what these "protesters" are doing is truly horrible. I hope Trump locks these people up. Additionally, reporting fake hate crimes should be made a serious felony.

I Like the NYC incident wear the Muslim High School Student claims her face was sliced by a white guy at the intersection of Wall Street and Broadway at 2:00 on a weekday afternoon. Very stupid kid sliced her own face and finally confessed after police reviewed film from all the area security cameras and could not find the guy she described.

Check out this link, which contains the fake hate crime you mention and hundreds more.

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Right. Because of your three things, her six unrelated things didn't happen. Because you said so.

So. Fucking. Stupid.

No, those things didn't happen because there is absolutely no real evidence they occurred, and there is a long and documented history of people faking hate crimes because they want to be a victim.

I know you have zero interest in real facts, and choose to believe what you want, but for the others, check out this website. Hundreds of documented fake hate crimes. This is a serious problem. Not as bad as the real hate crimes committed by blacks beating up innocent whites for no reason, but still serious because some people actually believe they occurred.

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

These are fake hate crimes. There is no evidence that they occurred beyond self-serving accounts from people desperate to pretend they are a victim. But those who want to believe they are true are happy to believe without a shred of real evidence.

For example, see this woman who already admitted she lied about a hate crime one day later.

Here, a group of blacks pulled a white man out of his car, beat the shit out of him, and robbed him, all because they thought he voted for Trump. There's a video and everything. You know, real evidence.

And today, a group of blacks beat up a gay white male Hillary supporter because they thought he voted for Trump. Of course, it's buried, but here it is.

He started walking home when three men and a woman confronted him near the corner of Marion Street, he said.

?They accused him of voting for Trump,? Linders said. ?He told the group he didn?t vote for Trump.?

The group told the man that white voters elected Trump. He told the group he was gay and would not judge others.

Two of the men punched the victim in the face multiple times and called him a homophobic slur while their two companions laughed, Linders said.

So yes, what these "protesters" are doing is truly horrible. I hope Trump locks these people up. Additionally, reporting fake hate crimes should be made a serious felony.

I Like the NYC incident where the Muslim High School Student claims her face was sliced by a white guy at the intersection of Wall Street and Broadway at 2:00 on a weekday afternoon. Very stupid kid sliced her own face and finally confessed after police reviewed film from all the area security cameras and could not find the guy she described.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:04

Edited by TheBigGuy on 2016/11/11 20:29:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Right. Because of your three things, her six unrelated things didn't happen. Because you said so.

So. Fucking. Stupid.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

And yesterday, a group of blacks beat up a gay white male Hillary supporter because they thought he voted for Trump. Of course, it's buried in the article, but here it is:

So yes, what these "protesters" are doing is truly horrible (in addition to turning more and more people into Trump supporters). I hope Trump locks these people up. Additionally, reporting fake hate crimes should be made a serious felony.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 19:35

« 1 ... 69 70 71 (72) 73 74 75 ... 78 »