Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 »


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#34
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3757
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Bus might be an option.

http://www.njtransit.com/summer2/summer_js_bus.html

http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_serv ... ?hdnPageAction=SummerJSTo

Hit up your friends too for car pooling. As others have mentioned - car is the best way to go.


Good call, dtjcview. I thought about the carpool option and failed to mention it. There are at least one or two websites where you can lookup and arrange car pool options. Your options may be limited, but I am sure some/many people would do the carpool thing in exchange for gas/toll money.

Posted on: 2015/5/5 1:24
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline

Bus might be an option.

http://www.njtransit.com/summer2/summer_js_bus.html

http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_serv ... ?hdnPageAction=SummerJSTo

Hit up your friends too for car pooling. As others have mentioned - car is the best way to go.

Posted on: 2015/5/5 1:03
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/7/18 20:46
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 385
Offline
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Have they been to Coney Island yet? Just take the subway.

http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/coney-island-beach-and-boardwalk/



I love Coney Island for how unique (read:weird) it is, but it's a looong train ride (2 hours with transfers) esp. with young kids, and I feel like it has a shady vibe compared to somewhere like Manasquan.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 21:30
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/3/21 20:01
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1306
Offline
Have they been to Coney Island yet? Just take the subway.

http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/coney-island-beach-and-boardwalk/


Posted on: 2015/5/4 21:23
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3757
Offline
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Long Beach is another option by train - 50 minutes, direct shot from Penn Station on LIRR. Unlike almost all of the NJ beach towns, which require a transfer, Long Beach is pretty easy because it is direct, and the time to get to Penn Station from Grove Street is basically the same as getting to Newark Penn Station (20 minutes as opposed to 15 minutes).

But I highly recommend doing the ferry from Pier 11 at least once with the kids!


Of course, a big difference between Penn Station in NYC and Newark is that the transfer in NYC will force the OP to go from 6th Avenue to 7th Avenue, with two kids in tow, in a fairly congested area, and then trek through Penn Station itself, which is a veritable mess in the mornings. I think she is much better off heading out to Newark Penn for a weekday trip to the beach.

As for your original suggestion about taking the Sea Streak ferry from Pier 11, I am surprised you didn't mention that the OP (if she lives close enough to Paulus Hook) could easily take the NY Waterway ferry from Paulus Hook right to Pier 11, and then easily transfer there from one ferry to the other.

Sea Streak Sandy Hook Ferry webpage

Posted on: 2015/5/4 20:40
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/1/3 19:12
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2294
Offline
Long Beach is another option by train - 50 minutes, direct shot from Penn Station on LIRR. Unlike almost all of the NJ beach towns, which require a transfer, Long Beach is pretty easy because it is direct, and the time to get to Penn Station from Grove Street is basically the same as getting to Newark Penn Station (20 minutes as opposed to 15 minutes).

But I highly recommend doing the ferry from Pier 11 at least once with the kids!

Posted on: 2015/5/4 20:17
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#28
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/10/31 16:00
Last Login :
2020/2/12 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 113
Offline
Quote:

07310 wrote:
If you decide the schlep to the beach is more work than it's worth there is the beach east of the carousel in Newport.


Can you swim there? Didn't think so.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 20:08
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#27
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/10/31 16:00
Last Login :
2020/2/12 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 113
Offline
Quote:

07310 wrote:
If you decide the schlep to the beach is more work than it's worth there is the beach east of the carousel in Newport.


Can you swim there? Didn't think so.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 20:08
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4960
Offline
I did Uber a few weeks back to Asbury it was only $70.00

Posted on: 2015/5/4 20:07
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/8 3:36
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 935
Offline
If you decide the schlep to the beach is more work than it's worth there is the beach east of the carousel in Newport.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 19:48
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#24
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/3/4 18:42
Last Login :
12/12 19:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 94
Offline
So it's definitely not Sandy Hook, but for a day trip for one adult with kids, Brighton Beach is really doable. Take the Path to 9th St, walk down a block and to W4th St and take the B to Brighton Beach. Depending on how far you are from the Path, it's around or less than an hour door to beach. Plenty of places to pick up pierogi, fruit or whatever in Brighton Beach, walk one or two short blocks to the beach. Slightly less crowded than Coney Island. Great people watching, water not always great though.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 19:20
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
@JCishome-Long Branch is home to two of NJ's best, and best known hot dog locations (and neither are Stewarts!). Hit Max's or the original Windmill if you want a really good hot dog in the area.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 18:17
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/4/15 3:58
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 801
Offline
Thanks for all the advices!

Unfortunately, it has to be public trans because I DON'T DRIVE! My husband has been telling me for years, and I know he's right (for once!) that I should learn to drive. But it just freaks and stresses me out!!!

I need to do some cost and time comparison between the train vs the ferry - but at least I have some idea now where are the good spots to go. My older son is 10, so he will be able to help me carry some stuff (like a bottle of water and still trek it home by the end of the day. My younger one is 7 (who still acts like a baby sometimes), and he's the one that I'm worried about at the end of long day at the beach


Thanks everyone!

Posted on: 2015/5/4 18:06
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/1/3 19:12
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2294
Offline
Well during the week Monday-Friday, kids ride the Seastreak for free. And it's only like a 40 minute cruise, so it's hard to beat that in terms of cost and time.

The biggest schlep would be from WTC Path station to Pier 11, but that can easily be done in a cab if you're carrying a lot of stuff. You can also pack light, as in bringing towels in a tote bag or backpack instead of beach chairs. And a small cooler for drinks and snacks.

I think kids would really enjoy the experience of a boat ride to the beach, how cool and unique is that?

Posted on: 2015/5/4 17:43
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/8 3:36
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 935
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Even though you stated public transportation, I do wonder if perhaps you would be better served by doing a one-day rental of a Zip Car, or maybe even one of the local Enterprise locations. I am only familiar with Zipcar (not HertzConnect, or the Avis program) but with Zipcar, your gas and basic insurance is already included.

With public transportation, you would have to pay close to $30 (each way) for train fare for one adult and two kids, plus whatever other costs to get to/from the train stations in Hoboken (Uber, light rail or PATH, from DT) or Newark (PATH, or Uber?) plus the hassle of having to lug around all your gear, synchronizing timetables, plus what will be two tired kids on the way back. With a 7-to-7 rental from Zipcar, you wouldn't have to worry about times, plus you could maybe squeeze in a side trip to another place on the way down, or back, including even a supermarket run (Wegman's in Woodbridge is a few emails from the Turnpike exit, and right off Rt. 1).


All good points. If it were just the OP, train would make sense. But with three people, a rental car starts to look a lot better. In some beach towns you can find free parking on the side streets. Not always though, particularly on the most beautiful days, so you may have to pay a few bucks for parking.


I agree, if you have 2 kids and all your beach gear a car rental is a better option. It is also less stressful since you are in control of your transportation and may not cost you more that train/bus/boat tickets for 3.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 17:16
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Even though you stated public transportation, I do wonder if perhaps you would be better served by doing a one-day rental of a Zip Car, or maybe even one of the local Enterprise locations. I am only familiar with Zipcar (not HertzConnect, or the Avis program) but with Zipcar, your gas and basic insurance is already included.

With public transportation, you would have to pay close to $30 (each way) for train fare for one adult and two kids, plus whatever other costs to get to/from the train stations in Hoboken (Uber, light rail or PATH, from DT) or Newark (PATH, or Uber?) plus the hassle of having to lug around all your gear, synchronizing timetables, plus what will be two tired kids on the way back. With a 7-to-7 rental from Zipcar, you wouldn't have to worry about times, plus you could maybe squeeze in a side trip to another place on the way down, or back, including even a supermarket run (Wegman's in Woodbridge is a few emails from the Turnpike exit, and right off Rt. 1).


All good points. If it were just the OP, train would make sense. But with three people, a rental car starts to look a lot better. In some beach towns you can find free parking on the side streets. Not always though, particularly on the most beautiful days, so you may have to pay a few bucks for parking.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 15:49
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3757
Offline
Even though you stated public transportation, I do wonder if perhaps you would be better served by doing a one-day rental of a Zip Car, or maybe even one of the local Enterprise locations. I am only familiar with Zipcar (not HertzConnect, or the Avis program) but with Zipcar, your gas and basic insurance is already included.

With public transportation, you would have to pay close to $30 (each way) for train fare for one adult and two kids, plus whatever other costs to get to/from the train stations in Hoboken (Uber, light rail or PATH, from DT) or Newark (PATH, or Uber?) plus the hassle of having to lug around all your gear, synchronizing timetables, plus what will be two tired kids on the way back. With a 7-to-7 rental from Zipcar, you wouldn't have to worry about times, plus you could maybe squeeze in a side trip to another place on the way down, or back, including even a supermarket run (Wegman's in Woodbridge is a few emails from the Turnpike exit, and right off Rt. 1).

Posted on: 2015/5/4 14:24
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/9/19 17:59
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 454
Offline
A couple of years ago, NJ Transit was running a promotion where you got free (maybe discounted?) beach admission with your train ticket. Not sure if they're still doing that. I'd suggest Long Branch, especially with kids - it's a relatively short ride, a few blocks' walk to the beach, and enough off-beach stuff to keep them interested (Stewarts hot dogs, my own personal fave).

Spring Lake is beautiful, but a little further, and you're not allowed to bring coolers on the beach, which is bizarre. I love Asbury Park and its up and coming feel, but I wouldn't take kids. Manasquan and Belmar are kind of party-town-ish. Point Pleasant....ugh.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 13:25
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Spring Lake is great, but there are very limited amenities. I'm not sure they even have public bathrooms available.


Definitely not. They want to keep the "riff raff" out and are trying to be a Hamptons of the Jersey Shore, if something like that is ever achievable (laughable if you ask me).


They're actually better at accommodating day trippers than some other towns down the shore. Try finding beach access on the north end of LBI, for example. At least you can park beach side in Spring Lake and access the beach easily. Belmar is right next door, so there is something for everyone-and every year Belmar is becoming more upscale, so the trend is towards more families and less group houses/partying. That's not necessarily a bad thing.


Odd that caj11's post that Monroe responded to seems to have been deleted. Maybe someone wants to keep Spring Lake all to themself.


I don't. I've never really been there, other than a BBQ at someone's house once. I just deleted it because I clearly made some incorrect statements and was unaware of recent developments in Spring Lake. I had some egg on my face, I admit it. :(


Oh, I was implying the webmaster deleted it, not you, because he didn't want the word to get out about the new Hamptons of the Jersey Shore lol.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:24
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Spring Lake is great, but there are very limited amenities. I'm not sure they even have public bathrooms available.


Definitely not. They want to keep the "riff raff" out and are trying to be a Hamptons of the Jersey Shore, if something like that is ever achievable (laughable if you ask me).


They're actually better at accommodating day trippers than some other towns down the shore. Try finding beach access on the north end of LBI, for example. At least you can park beach side in Spring Lake and access the beach easily. Belmar is right next door, so there is something for everyone-and every year Belmar is becoming more upscale, so the trend is towards more families and less group houses/partying. That's not necessarily a bad thing.


Odd that caj11's post that Monroe responded to seems to have been deleted. Maybe someone wants to keep Spring Lake all to themself.


I don't. I've never really been there, other than a BBQ at someone's house once. I just deleted it because I clearly made some incorrect statements and was unaware of recent developments in Spring Lake. I had some egg on my face, I admit it. :(

Posted on: 2015/5/4 1:49
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Spring Lake (and Sea Girt) aren't trying to be Hampton-like whatsoever. It's better known as the Irish Riviera.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 1:41
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Spring Lake is great, but there are very limited amenities. I'm not sure they even have public bathrooms available.


Definitely not. They want to keep the "riff raff" out and are trying to be a Hamptons of the Jersey Shore, if something like that is ever achievable (laughable if you ask me).


They're actually better at accommodating day trippers than some other towns down the shore. Try finding beach access on the north end of LBI, for example. At least you can park beach side in Spring Lake and access the beach easily. Belmar is right next door, so there is something for everyone-and every year Belmar is becoming more upscale, so the trend is towards more families and less group houses/partying. That's not necessarily a bad thing.


Odd that caj11's post that Monroe responded to seems to have been deleted. Maybe someone wants to keep Spring Lake all to themself.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 1:34
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/11/10 4:48
Last Login :
11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 428
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Just remember the amenities are quite thin on the ground at Sandy Hook, and the walk from the parking lots to waters edge can be a bit of a schlep. Have you considered taking NJ transit to one of the shore towns? I'm sure you could get a cab or Uber from most of the train stations, and many are very kid friendly-Manasquan built last summer a terrific playground area on the northern edge of their beach. And kids love taking the train.


That's a great suggestion, and point to consider. So besides Manasquan, what other shore towns are easy to get to, and good for a day trip with kids?

Thanks!


Point Pleasant Beach is pretty family friendly, and you can walk to the beach from the train station. It's a long train ride down and I suggest getting an early start. No doubt the kids will fall asleep on the way back though. You will need to buy daily beach tags for each of you - cash only - for the privilege of going onto the beach (there are monthly and seasonal tags but they are probably not worth it for you). Changing rooms and lockers are also available, for a fee (changing rooms are included with beach tag purchases but not the lockers). There are also places on and around the boardwalk to eat, and not all of them are ripoffs (i.e. Subway, among others). If the kids get sick of swimming, there's also a nice mini golf with a pirate theme. Ahh... the memories!

Long Beach is a shorter ride, but I don't think you can walk to the beach from the train station, and I don't know much about that beach. Maybe someone else can chime in.


Really any station between Long Branch and Bay Head is walking distance to a beach, with the exceptions of Manasquan and probably Spring Lake (you have to walk around a lake plus a few blocks). I take the train to Long Branch if I want the quickest trip to the ocean possible or to Asbury or Belmar if I want more off-beach things and food. The trip feels pretty long but it's really not a bad way to go, especially considering summer traffic and parking.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 0:58
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Spring Lake is great, but there are very limited amenities. I'm not sure they even have public bathrooms available.


Definitely not. They want to keep the "riff raff" out and are trying to be a Hamptons of the Jersey Shore, if something like that is ever achievable (laughable if you ask me).


They're actually better at accommodating day trippers than some other towns down the shore. Try finding beach access on the north end of LBI, for example. At least you can park beach side in Spring Lake and access the beach easily. Belmar is right next door, so there is something for everyone-and every year Belmar is becoming more upscale, so the trend is towards more families and less group houses/partying. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 0:47
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/6/9 22:10
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 225
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Spring Lake is great, but there are very limited amenities. I'm not sure they even have public bathrooms available.


Not true. They have brand new and well kept bathrooms on the boardwalk. Visited 3 times last summer. Stay close to the pavilion toward the north end of the beach.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 0:43
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Spring Lake is great, but there are very limited amenities. I'm not sure they even have public bathrooms available.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 0:00
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/6/9 22:10
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 225
Offline
I know you said public transportation only, but the nicest beachtowns are probably best accesssed via car. Consider getting a 1-day rental from Hertz et al. They have lots of good deals. And if doing so, consider Spring Lake. Very family friendly, great clean beach, lots of parking.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 23:42
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Just remember the amenities are quite thin on the ground at Sandy Hook, and the walk from the parking lots to waters edge can be a bit of a schlep. Have you considered taking NJ transit to one of the shore towns? I'm sure you could get a cab or Uber from most of the train stations, and many are very kid friendly-Manasquan built last summer a terrific playground area on the northern edge of their beach. And kids love taking the train.


That's a great suggestion, and point to consider. So besides Manasquan, what other shore towns are easy to get to, and good for a day trip with kids?

Thanks!


Point Pleasant Beach is pretty family friendly, and you can walk to the beach from the train station. It's a long train ride down and I suggest getting an early start. No doubt the kids will fall asleep on the way back though. You will need to buy daily beach tags for each of you - cash only - for the privilege of going onto the beach (there are monthly and seasonal tags but they are probably not worth it for you). Changing rooms and lockers are also available, for a fee (changing rooms are included with beach tag purchases but not the lockers). There are also places on and around the boardwalk to eat, and not all of them are ripoffs (i.e. Subway, among others). If the kids get sick of swimming, there's also a nice mini golf with a pirate theme. Ahh... the memories!

Long Beach is a shorter ride, but I don't think you can walk to the beach from the train station, and I don't know much about that beach. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 23:31
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
With kids, Belmar may be even a better bet than Manasquan-more restaurants and facilities across the street from the beach, and a shorter ride to get there. Belmar is a bit more 'Jersey Shore' than Manasquan, but I'm guessing the kids are little enough not to know or care.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 22:45
 Top 


Re: Downtown JC to Sandy Hook via public transportation
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/4/15 3:58
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 801
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Just remember the amenities are quite thin on the ground at Sandy Hook, and the walk from the parking lots to waters edge can be a bit of a schlep. Have you considered taking NJ transit to one of the shore towns? I'm sure you could get a cab or Uber from most of the train stations, and many are very kid friendly-Manasquan built last summer a terrific playground area on the northern edge of their beach. And kids love taking the train.


That's a great suggestion, and point to consider. So besides Manasquan, what other shore towns are easy to get to, and good for a day trip with kids?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/5/3 22:26
 Top 




(1) 2 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017