Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
The amusing thing is that Pebble persists in this absurd argument, convincing absolutely no one, that if Akil was white he would not have been fired.

Anyone with two brain cells knows a white public figure who made similar racist remarks 19 years ago would have been out the door by now. And no, saying that is not a strawman. You look very foolish when you keep repeating that term when you clearly have no idea what it means.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, forget third party reports-he already admitted it, because he apologized for it . . . as did Fulop.

(A half assed apology, but saying you've changed is a de facto admittance).

Posted on: 2014/10/10 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, that is an absolute lie that the pope during War World 2 turned a blind eye. Jew were hidden in Catholic places and were given phony baptism certificates to help them leave. When I was a little child, I had a Jewish neighbor who told me about the wonderful things the pope did during World War 2, this was in the 1950s. Sometime in the 1970s different stories emerged. The largest group to die were Jews but the another large group was priests and religious. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new ... ests_killed_in_holocaust/

Posted on: 2014/10/10 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
In all seriousness, nobody has a transcript of what was actually said. We have third party reports about what was said. I?m not saying they are untrue, but was there a context to the Anti-Christ comment? Was he talking about a pope in the past that turned a blind eye to the Nazis running through Europe? As for the Hitler comment, reading some of the stuff posted here, well, yeah, you can see where someone might think that?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Channel 9 on Chasing NJ just hammered Fulop and Akil for dodging cameras and issuing only written statements about Akil's hateful comments. The moderator went so far to say that if Akil was the Mayor, and Fulop the Chief of staff, and had reports emerged that Fulop had used the n word 20 years ago that Fulop would be summarily dismissed, regardless if his thoughts have evolved.

Chasing NJ, while it can be an occasional guilty pleasure, is a heavily right leaning program. As such, I have no doubt about the motives behind their argument. There are also two big factors? When an argument starts with IF, then be prepared for the strawman that will follow. Yeah, IF Akil was mayor, which he?s not and I don?t see a reason that I?d vote for him, and IF Fulop? Well, guess what, if my aunt had balls, she?d be my uncle.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I am curious how this story stayed undercover for so long??? The local media must have known about this whacko and his history of intolerance? It must make for interesting staff meetings when he is in the room with the other department heads.

With cutbacks in news staff and this information come from reports about events that occurred 20 years ago? It?s coming out now because Fulop appears to be angling for the governorship. As such, there are a lot of people focused on him. You have reporters focused on him and digging into his background. There are competitors, Democratic and Republican, that are searching for dirt on him.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I've no doubt that Akil was a radical student, said some pretty hateful stuff and was likely influenced by pop culture at the time like Spike Lee's Malcolm X movie. I've also no doubt people can change. But the challenge for Akil (and McGreevey and McKnight) is one of credibility. A lot of people just don't believe you can rehabilitate racists or felons - irrespective of how long they have acted responsibly. Apologies and self-declared rehabilitation just doesn't cut it with the public.

Mandatory psych testing for public officials like these may be the way to go - but it would take considerable time for the tests themselves to become credible.

I read the nj.com comments for amusement value only, but one rang true-many of the race-baiters believe that white attitudes can't evolve over hundreds of years (not that many, years ago, were slave owners anyway) but we're supposed to believe Akil changed in less than two decades, and only espouses his change when confronted with a scandal?

If you start by calling people ?race-baiters? then the follow-up will invariably be stupid. The reality is that it?s a false comparison.

It is entirely possible that a lone person coming of age and dealing with a life many whites don?t comprehend results in a more radical, rebellious youth. Eventually, after entering the work force, dealing with many people of varying races they realize that there are people out there trying to help make the world better from all different backgrounds. It can be learned that the little-Hitler that all white people have might not actually be there for a lot of people.

Could that be Akil?s case? I don?t know. I don?t pretend to know. Maybe he still holds those views and just doesn?t want to lose his job now.

Of course, the absurd comment that you think rings true is the equivalent of the Paula Deen comments. The woman made comments while in her mid-to-late thirties, using the N word. This was followed up by statements in her fifties about wanting a plantation wedding. It?s a false equivalence to say that Akil?s beliefs during his twenties must be the same in his thirties because Paula Deen?s beliefs, which seem to have existed through her thirties and into her fifties, didn?t change.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 13:20
Dos A Cero

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
I'm going to dedicate a song to Steve at Karioke tonight...I hear that train a comin it's rollin round the bend and I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when....

Posted on: 2014/10/9 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
We should see if our mayor has a spine.
There's a post from Veronica Park on NextdoorHamiltonPark today that invites the general public to buy $150 tickets to a turkey fundraiser. Fulop is going to be honored and past press says Fulop distributed the turkeys. There's no mention on the invitation or on JCYouth's website that JCYouth is a non-profit organization. I couldn't find anything on it with the IRS. Do you know if I just missed something or is the group not a non-profit?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
We should do an examination to see if our council have a spine, so far only Yun and Boggiano appears to have one.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Another point: In his "Local Government Ethics Law Financial Disclosure Statement" Akil lists in Item C that the address for "More Than a Race" is located at the house he owns and lives in at 130 Carteret Avenue in Jersey City. That was submitted to the State on 6/5/13. So why the "checkers" game of changing the solicitation and thank you letters to 7th St. and Pacific Avenue? This is not kosher. This non-profit needs to be looked into.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 20:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Akil runs MoreThanARace.org whose Executive Director solicits
funds to send underprivileged youth to camp. The address gi
ven on the solicitation letters is 230 7th St. which
is a house owned by Veronica Park. Veronica P
ark runs Jersey City Youth Foundation, www.j
cyouth.org. They claim to distribute blankets
and turkeys to underprivileged youths in Jers
ey City. Veronica Park raises money for M
ayor Fulop's political war chest. It seems strange th
at the Mayor's Chief of Staff runs an organization th
at lost its non-profit status yet solicits funds that are sent t
o the house of the Mayor's chief fundraiser. Even more s
trange is that the thank you letters sent to the don
ors who made those contributions shows an address of 317
Pacific Ave in Bergen Lafayette which is owned by the J
ersey City Redevelopment Agency. A lot about this doe
sn't seem right.

So the Turkeys Fulop distributes are paid for with donations from a defunct 501(c) run by a radical racist that were delivered by Fulops campaign manager Theiroff to Veronica Park who oversees Fulops campaign funds. Theiroff then gets appointed to the MUA board and hands out city contracts to developers and law firms who donated to Akils charity.
Does that sound correct? Good government LMAO more like business as usual at 280 Grove.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Bunch of little hitlers whine on the internet about being called little hitlers....a long time ago.

I love it!

First OS supported the race baiter Al Sharpton, who proceeded to step on his foot and kick him to the curb.

Now he supports a rabid gay basher.

Just too amusing. Keep it up!

Posted on: 2014/10/9 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We should do an examination to see if our council have a spine, so far only Yun and Boggiano appears to have one.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
What this discussion calls for: 20141007-IMGP1171

Posted on: 2014/10/9 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Mandatory psych testing for public officials like these may be the way to go - but it would take considerable time for the tests themselves to become credible.

I've been an advocate for psych testing for politicians for years and I'd even like the idea of some sort of ethical testing to be in place also.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 10:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I've no doubt that Akil was a radical student, said some pretty hateful stuff and was likely influenced by pop culture at the time like Spike Lee's Malcolm X movie. I've also no doubt people can change. But the challenge for Akil (and McGreevey and McKnight) is one of credibility. A lot of people just don't believe you can rehabilitate racists or felons - irrespective of how long they have acted responsibly. Apologies and self-declared rehabilitation just doesn't cut it with the public.

I read the nj.com comments for amusement value only, but one rang true-many of the race-baiters believe that white attitudes can't evolve over hundreds of years (not that many, years ago, were slave owners anyway) but we're supposed to believe Akil changed in less than two decades, and only espouses his change when confronted with a scandal?

Posted on: 2014/10/9 10:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/9 10:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Can we include something like this in the Jersey City Code of Ethics that relates to employment?

The municipal city council may only appoint a person to the role of Officer, Manager, Chief or other senior position if it is satisfied the person-

(a) is competent to exercise the functions conferred on the position description via academic achievement or outstanding experience (15+ years); and

(b) is of good repute, having regard to ethical standards, character, honesty and integrity; and

(c) having no felony convictions, serious misdemeanors or public mentions (view-point) that contravene human or civil rights.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 5:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:

This guy is my favorite:

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _mcgreevey_defends_s.html

Fulop is slowly turning into the same bad joke that Healy was.

We might as well have a sign on City Hall;

All felons, inept ex-politicians and those with zero social tolerance please apply for jobs here - The more fcuked up you are, the more we want you to run this city.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 3:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Fulop needs to do some serious internal audits on appointed staff if he wants to survive - If a bunch of hacks on JClist can find SERIOUS weak links in his armor (administration), especially when he preaches accountability, transparency or ethics then his future is limited - Fulop needs to fire the Chief of Staff and employ some-one else or an agency capable to better investigate prospective appointees and current appointees.
Vetting the background of every senior staff member is paramount for his future and the future of Jersey City.

This guy is my favorite:

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _mcgreevey_defends_s.html

Posted on: 2014/10/9 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Razzoli is indeed still employed by the city -- he had a civil service title before his promotion to DPW director -- but Cowan has retired, as of last week.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Well, there has been turnover-the DPW guy fired over his bbq gas grill, the Chief of Police over the retaliatory Port Authority scandal . . .

My understanding is that both individuals are still very much employed with the City of Jersey City - not in their original capacities, however.

Cowan - Deputy Police Chief

I believe Razzoli may be back with OEM, but don't quote me on that.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I am curious how this story stayed undercover for so long??? The local media must have known about this whacko and his history of intolerance? It must make for interesting staff meetings when he is in the room with the other department heads.

Well, there has been turnover-the DPW guy fired over his bbq gas grill, the Chief of Police over the retaliatory Port Authority scandal . . .

Posted on: 2014/10/9 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/9 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Channel 9 on Chasing NJ just hammered Fulop and Akil for dodging cameras and issuing only written statements about Akil's hateful comments. The moderator went so far to say that if Akil was the Mayor, and Fulop the Chief of staff, and had reports emerged that Fulop had used the n word 20 years ago that Fulop would be summarily dismissed, regardless if his thoughts have evolved.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
He sure was. Just because you don't know it doesn't make it nonsense.
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Lincoln wasn't a slave owner . . . among other nonsense you just wrote.

Lincoln's wife's family owned slaves. Lincoln, as an adult, lived in Illinois and Indiana where slavery was illegal.

The Star Ledger poll is running 75% in favor of Fulop's Chief of Staff resigning over his racist, anti-Catholic, homophobic comments.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ml#incart_related_stories

Posted on: 2014/10/9 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
He sure was. Just because you don't know it doesn't make it nonsense.
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/9 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/9 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Technically Jesus wasn't white and there are writings about his love relationship with a couple of the apostles and Abraham Lincoln was a slave owner who didn't become an abolitionist until he recognized doing so was the only way to win the war. But the Pope is the antichrist? All white people have a little Hitler in them? Sheesh, how did Akil become smart enough to stay employed by City Hall? Oh wait, this is Jersey City...

Posted on: 2014/10/9 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fulop has a homophobe/gay basher as Chief of Staff?

Although Akil's comparisons of white people to Hitler are getting all the attention, it's worth noting all of his reprehensible remarks. From the article:

Quote:
According to the Daily Northwestern, Akil was speaking on the topic "Decoding White Supremacy: Reading Destructive Images." He slammed white representations of Jesus, calling them the "fa---t Jesus," the paper reported. He repeatedly called gay people "fa---ts" and blasted Abraham Lincoln as a "wolf in sheep's clothing," according to the paper.

He also told the crowd that "all white people have a little Hitler in them," the paper said.

The article also says he repeatedly referred to the Pope as the "Antichrist."

So it makes sense that this racist, gay bashing, Catholic bashing lunatic would hold one of the top positions in JC government. Hand picked by Fulop. After apparently being fired by two previous administrations.

It does make sense, right?

Posted on: 2014/10/8 22:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

A homophobic/gay bashing, Jew hating, kill whitey radical racist but why get technical.

Healy must be laughing his ass off at the corruption mill Fulop is managing.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Homophobic's are usually gay.. but that's none of my business.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/8 21:50

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017