Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Heights Spot- Trolley House Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 19:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure the owner of The Archer in downtown is opening a new bar/restaurant in this location.

Posted on: 2017/2/28 13:40

Re: New Heights Spot- Trolley House Bar and Grill - CLOSED
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Yelp has it listed as closed.

Posted on: 2017/2/27 22:21

Did the Trolley Car Bar on Palisades close?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
It never seems to be open, although the bar and furniture were there last time I looked... What happened?

Posted on: 2017/2/27 21:51

Re: New Heights Spot- Trolley House Bar and Grill
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Tonight was the first chance I had to try this place. I was really excited for it to open, seeing as how I could throw a rock and hit it from my apt.

What a f'in disappointment:

I went with my girl for a bite to eat. She ordered the burger with a coke, and I ordered the wings with a beer. The wings were listed as 10 for $9. The burger was seasoned, and quite strongly at that. The fries that came with it were like eating a mouthful of the seasoning they used, it was that strong. They were undercooked and limp and WAY overseasoned. She said the soda was mostly syrup, and we had to ask her to give us one in a clean glass. There was a distinct lipstick mark on the first glass she gave us. And $3. For a fountain soda. $3.

The wings came out overcooked. The order, which was supposed to be 10, came out with 7 on the plate. Not a huge deal, but when I mentioned it, the bartender looked like she didn't have a clue what to do. She asked if I wanted the other 3, but we were pretty much done at that point. She went in the back, and came out and said he ran out, that was all they had left. How about a heads up instead of just trying to sneak one past the customer. She then offered me a discount, which I accepted. When I got the bill, she took a whole $1 off the bill. WOW.

I was really hoping for more from this place. This area needs a good bar with decent food. It looks like a pretty cool place to grab a beer and watch a game, and the backyard area looks great. Just do yourself a favor and skip the food.

Posted on: 2012/7/10 2:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
Seems like this neighborhood is promising!

LoL.....

You keep thinking that.....

I've been in this 'hood just over 10 years, was dirty then, dirty before, and dirty now, and will be dirty tomorrow.

Posted on: 2012/2/6 0:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Maybe this place could hire someone to do coffee and simple food in the mornings.... with brunch on Saturdays and Sundays...could be something like Life Cafe in the East Village & Bushwick (it was the first such thing out in Bushwick and was very early in the East Village as well)

http://lifecafe.com/lifestory/

Posted on: 2012/2/4 18:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/3 3:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I have to stop in and support the new place saw it opened new years eve after new years haven had the time to stop in yet.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 20:09
and the Beat goes on...

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe this place could hire someone to do coffee and simple food in the mornings.... with brunch on Saturdays and Sundays...could be something like Life Cafe in the East Village & Bushwick (it was the first such thing out in Bushwick and was very early in the East Village as well)

http://lifecafe.com/lifestory/

Quote:

HomeInTheHeights07 wrote:

...It's excited to have something new up here. Now if only we could get a coffee shop of some kind...

Posted on: 2012/1/12 15:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/3 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Hey- Go easy on me, I'm really just a newbie not a bar owner! I live in the Heights and got excited to see something new so posted for the first time. :)

Glad to hear some folks have checked it out! It's excited to have something new up here. Now if only we could get a coffee shop of some kind

Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

Looks like a new spot is opening tonight where Little Ones Tavern was on Palisade and Ferry. Looks promising! Anyone know anything about it?

Wow, isn't it weird, your first/only post after joining the 31st is about this place??

Listen, if you are going to advertise your bar, just be up front about it. Don't pretend to be some random and post about only your bar. We'll catch on.

Posted on: 2012/1/12 14:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 20:03
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Agree with Dragon above, was there for a few yesterday. Nice mix of people. Very clean and they are trying. Nice addition to the Heights.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 3:43
...Sometimes I Bleed

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
Wow. My father used to drink there in the 60's when it was Frankie's Tavern. Very cool that it's being revitalized.

I met the old owner of when it was Little Ones. I was in Jim Thorpe Pa. about 10 years ago at an old bar/restaurant and just happend to chat about J.C. when he mentioned he used to own it.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 21:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
I went there a few nights back, had a good time and it has a nice clean decor. Everybody was nice and friendly.

Is it Downtown friendly?

I didn't see any wine.

The jukebox plays all type of music but the patrons choose. Most of the patrons were Spanish music lovers, some were dancing.

I'll be back when I need something local other than the Corkscrew.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 21:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
I saw the Trolley House Lofts which is located at 325 Palisade Ave but I did not see the bar. Did it just open? Seems like this neighborhood is promising!

So - have folks been? What is the crowd like, how is the food, etc.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 14:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
Quote:

kitten wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

My only beef with the Heights is that I do not find the houses aesthetically attractive. Vinyl siding everywhere ... it looks like Bushwick and Bayonne had a baby!

If you walk or drive down Palisade Avenue, yes this is mostly the case. However there are some GORGEOUS houses in the Heights. Sherman Place for example boasts a lot of beautifully maintained Victorian houses with large porches and yards. AMAZING. Taking a walk down Ogden, (yes, you do have to dodge a lot of dog poop), you will see some really unique style homes. Some ultra modern and some original. Booraem. Reservoir, and Prospect Avenues as well have a lot of really well kept old homes. Many have been sided... that is true, but seriously, houses that size are a lot of work to keep up with and I guess you can't really blame people for using an affordable, durable method. (As much as it can be fug)

@kitten - I started a walking tour on my Facebook page shortly after moving here 3 years ago, having discovered many of the streets you described. Thanks for reminding me of them! We should figure out how to create a photo album here on JCList.

@tommyc_37 - I work for the Landmarks Commission in NYC, and by-and-large preservation in general is a thing of the affluent, and community mindedness. The Heights seems to be about transience, not caring about one's environment, etc. Should all that change we may see what is happening in the Greenpoint Historic District in Brooklyn, NYC, which was ALL aluminum siding 20 years ago, and now that more affluent people are moving in is slowly being restored to its 19th century shingled glory!

Posted on: 2012/1/8 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. My father used to drink there in the 60's when it was Frankie's Tavern. Very cool that it's being revitalized.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
My downtown wish list (all things that the Heights has!):

- fish market
- meat market/butcher shop
- an old school bakery like Goehrig's
- more old school Italian delis
- bait/tackle shop! All 3 of Jersey City's marinas (not to mention the actual WATER) are downtown, yet there is a tackle shop in the Heights :)

We also have the Reservoir so the tackle shop is a good thing. Some food establishments are questionable but yes, we have better choices up here. I think our restaurants have better value and the quality to go with it. Monteleones Italian bakery & Moloney?s butcher are the a couple of establishments I leave the Heights for but I do find myself in DT for other delicacies.

Posted on: 2012/1/5 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitten wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

My only beef with the Heights is that I do not find the houses aesthetically attractive. Vinyl siding everywhere ... it looks like Bushwick and Bayonne had a baby!

If you walk or drive down Palisade Avenue, yes this is mostly the case. However there are some GORGEOUS houses in the Heights. Sherman Place for example boasts a lot of beautifully maintained Victorian houses with large porches and yards. AMAZING. Taking a walk down Ogden, (yes, you do have to dodge a lot of dog poop), you will see some really unique style homes. Some ultra modern and some original. Booraem. Reservoir, and Prospect Avenues as well have a lot of really well kept old homes. Many have been sided... that is true, but seriously, houses that size are a lot of work to keep up with and I guess you can't really blame people for using an affordable, durable method. (As much as it can be fug)

Oh, without a doubt, there are some nice looking blocks in the Heights. It's a bit sporadic though. I find it odd that so much of the "old" Heights was knocked down to make way for those hideous "Staten Island/Bayonne style" houses. Why was there such an effort to keep downtown mostly preserved, and the Heights not?

It's especially strange considering that WHEN these old houses were likely knocked down (60s, 70s, 80s), downtown JC was the ghetto and the Heights was always nice.

I've always wondered what the story was behind that...

Posted on: 2012/1/5 18:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed. The Heights has some amazing architecture throughout. It can be hard to see some of it because it's so densely populated and built up and often can't see past the few blocks you're near, but there are some amazing house and buildings all over the place.

Posted on: 2012/1/5 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Posted on: 2012/1/5 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
My downtown wish list (all things that the Heights has!):

- fish market
- meat market/butcher shop
- an old school bakery like Goehrig's
- more old school Italian delis
- bait/tackle shop! All 3 of Jersey City's marinas (not to mention the actual WATER) are downtown, yet there is a tackle shop in the Heights :)

Posted on: 2012/1/5 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I really hope the 7 train extension happens, and if by chance it does, I really hope it has a stop in the Heights. The Heights would be a nice place to live if that was the case. I'm so jealous of Central Ave, and I wish downtown had something similar.

Posted on: 2012/1/5 17:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/22 12:36
Group:
Registered Users
Where would the 7 train stop in the Heights?

Posted on: 2012/1/5 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
I saw the Trolley House Lofts which is located at 325 Palisade Ave but I did not see the bar. Did it just open? Seems like this neighborhood is promising!

It is. And just wait til we get the No. 7 train stop. ;)

Posted on: 2012/1/2 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Looks like a new spot is opening tonight where Little Ones Tavern was on Palisade and Ferry. Looks promising! Anyone know anything about it?

Wow, isn't it weird, your first/only post after joining the 31st is about this place??

Listen, if you are going to advertise your bar, just be up front about it. Don't pretend to be some random and post about only your bar. We'll catch on.

Posted on: 2012/1/2 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
It's RIGHT across from the Trolley Lofts. NE Corner of Palisade and Ferry. Small place, looks like it will be a pretty cool hangout to grab a brew and watch a game. I'll be checking it out. They said a week or two before they serve food though.

Posted on: 2012/1/2 12:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/1/1 19:57

New Heights Spot- Trolley House Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/3 0:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/12/31 20:39

Edited by Webmaster on 2017/2/19 2:06:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017