Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: Man robbed at Newport Mall - video shows he was set up by female classmate & her boyfr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_DowntownRegular wrote:
Quote:

How come nobody ever talks about suburban thugs or rural thugs?

Well duh - because suburbia has white trash and the rural areas have rednecks and hicks.

/thread.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 19:33

Re: Downtown: Man robbed at Newport Mall - video shows he was set up by female classmate & her boyfr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

How come nobody ever talks about suburban thugs or rural thugs?

Well duh - because suburbia has white trash and the rural areas have rednecks and hicks.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 21:55
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Quote:

Pennington wrote:
Quote:

What do you expect him to call them? They robbed a guy. Pretty sums up my definition of thugs.

Next we will be hearing that he is a "good kid" from his grandma.

He didn't just refer to the one guy, he said it's a "haven for inner city thugs". How come nobody ever talks about suburban thugs or rural thugs? Because when someone uses the word "thug", they are referring to a specific type of person which has less to do with their actions and more to do with their general appearance (and not just race).

And that's why when I hear that word, I know exactly where this poster is coming from, and I'm done.

AAW..., Let me correct myself, that is,this mall is frequented by those who are kept down by "The Man", and those who go out of their way to behave in a civilized manner and who can convey their thoughts without having to use a weapon, oh and yeah, those who wouldn't dare to hold anyone up if the opportunity arises, Right??????????

I hope this makes the truth a bit easier to swallow.

I never said anything about being kept down by "The Man", and the people in the story weren't even carrying a weapon. More stereotyping once again, nice job. Nevermind that these were college students which would go against the idea of a "thug" who couldn't "convey their thoughts without having to use a weapon". I never knew that robbers were trying to "convey their thoughts", I always just thought they wanted money.

It seems to me that it's a story of an inside job where someone was set-up by someone they thought was a friend. It's a crime and it's horrible and they should be punished, I was just pointing out how quickly "thug", the sarcastic "kept down by The Man" and not being able to "convey their thoughts" get thrown around when it's a group of young black kids involved in something.

That's why people who start using these terms lose all credibility with me, once again you point out exactly how you frame the story and any valid points you may have had get lost on me. I'm not defending these criminals, they seem to be pretty terrible people at least based on this crime, but it's funny to see how quickly you lumped them into a category of people that you see as "thugs", and makes me wonder how many "thugs" you see around on a daily basis.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 20:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pennington wrote:
Quote:

What do you expect him to call them? They robbed a guy. Pretty sums up my definition of thugs.

He didn't just refer to the one guy, he said it's a "haven for inner city thugs". How come nobody ever talks about suburban thugs or rural thugs? Because when someone uses the word "thug", they are referring to a specific type of person which has less to do with their actions and more to do with their general appearance (and not just race).

And that's why when I hear that word, I know exactly where this poster is coming from, and I'm done.

AAW..., Let me correct myself, that is,this mall is frequented by those who are kept down by "The Man", and those who go out of their way to behave in a civilized manner and who can convey their thoughts without having to use a weapon, oh and yeah, those who wouldn't dare to hold anyone up if the opportunity arises, Right??????????

I hope this makes the truth a bit easier to swallow.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 18:35

Re: Downtown: Man robbed at Newport Mall - video shows he was set up by female classmate & her boyfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
University of Phoenix...Only the best and the brightest!

Posted on: 2010/6/4 14:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2010/6/4 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pennington wrote:
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
This mall is a dump and a haven for inner city thugs and BTW, the security detail isn't any better.

"Thugs" is a really useful word because once I hear it, I know I don't have to take the rest of the post seriously, and I can stop reading.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pennington wrote:
"Thugs" is a really useful word because once I hear it, I know I don't have to take the rest of the post seriously, and I can stop reading.

True. You would have thought these "thugs" would be busy playing b-ball at HP!

Posted on: 2010/6/4 13:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
This mall is a dump and a haven for inner city thugs and BTW, the security detail isn't any better.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 13:54

Re: Downtown: Man robbed at Newport Mall - video shows he was set up by female classmate & her boyfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/15 0:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:

If mall managment really wanted to get serious about the loitering that goes on there, they could, its done in other malls nationwide.

This doesn't have anything to do with loitering it was a planned ambush. The woman lured the victim to the boyfriend.

"For the female of the species is more deadly than the male" - Kipling

Quote:

PS:I guess parking fees don't keep em out either???

High parking fees means that you have to steal something each time you go. They didnt want to have to leg it over to BJ's parking lot and find their car had been towed.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 13:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users

You can't beat that part of the story where the security guard let that lowlife go because he displayed empty pockets???????, Joke right???????

If mall managment really wanted to get serious about the loitering that goes on there, they could, its done in other malls nationwide.

I've said it before, you could fill this mall with all the Gucci and D&G stores and it still would be a dump because of the element that frequents it!

PS:I guess parking fees don't keep em out either???

Posted on: 2010/6/4 12:31

Downtown: Man robbed at Newport Mall - video shows he was set up by female classmate & her boyfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Shock for Jersey City man robbed at Newport Centre Mall when cops say video shows he was set up; arrests for classmate and her boyfriend

Thursday, June 03, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City man robbed and assaulted at the Newport Centre Mall on Tuesday found out later he was likely set up by the female classmate he went shopping with, police said.

At about 6 p.m., police arrested Antoinette Carter, 22, of Newark, and issued a warrant for her boyfriend, Dwayne Hutchinson, 22, of Arlington Avenue in Jersey City, in connection with the 4 p.m. robbery, reports said.

The 26-year-old victim told police that at about 4 p.m. he and Carter were on an escalator after shopping in Sears when a man put his arm around his neck from behind, saying "Give me everything you got," reports said.

The robber grabbed the victim's wallet during a struggle and punched him in the face before running away, reports said.

The victim yelled for mall security as he chased the robber to the parking deck, where a security officer allowed the robber to leave after he turned out his pockets to show he did not have the wallet, reports said. The victim said Carter disappeared, reports said.

At the police station, the victim was informed the car belonged to Carter and that security video in Sears showed Hutchinson hovering nearby as he and Carter shopped, reports said, adding that Carter is seen standing aside and doing nothing during the attack.

Carter turned up at the police station around 6 p.m. saying she wanted to check on the victim and police told her they had tied her to the incident, reports said, adding that she was arrested after giving conflicting statements.

At the police station, Hutchinson called Carter three times and on the last call she handed the phone to police and Hutchinson hung up when he realized where Carter was, reports said.

Carter told officers she took mass transit home from the mall, but also said she met up with Hutchinson in the parking deck and he drove her home, reports said.

The victim and Carter attend the University of Phoenix in Jersey City, reports said.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 7:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017