Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dogs need fences
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Yeah, I dunno.

It really does seem like the dog owner's responsibility to take care of their dog, and part of that means proper containment. It shouldn't be up to everyone else to properly contain someone else's dog.

Further, if the neighbor's dog(s) destroyed his fence, it seems like it would be the neighbor's responsibility to fix it.

Sounds like it is the neighbor that is the problem.

I don't know the laws in most other cities. Obviously the law isn't going to change fast enough to address the situation, so the OP has no choice but to make a solid fence on his property.

But the OP may be right. Perhaps the law does have to change.

You must not have read the thread. If the dogs destroyed their fence then they can sue in small claims court. You obviously don't know what the law is, so why are you proposing that it change?

Posted on: 2017/3/9 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I dunno.

It really does seem like the dog owner's responsibility to take care of their dog, and part of that means proper containment. It shouldn't be up to everyone else to properly contain someone else's dog.

Further, if the neighbor's dog(s) destroyed his fence, it seems like it would be the neighbor's responsibility to fix it.

Sounds like it is the neighbor that is the problem.

I don't know the laws in most other cities. Obviously the law isn't going to change fast enough to address the situation, so the OP has no choice but to make a solid fence on his property.

But the OP may be right. Perhaps the law does have to change.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Consumed wrote:
why?

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
[quote]

People like this are the worst.

Going after people's dogs because they don't like them? I can't think of worse human beings than that.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 3:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/5 12:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
why?

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
[quote]

Posted on: 2017/3/8 23:58
Censorship is for pussies!!!!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Consumed wrote:
you posted this on the nextdoor forums. you received a ton of good ideas / solutions but you deleted the post when you were confronted with the similar vibe you are getting here.

yes i agree the dogs should be corralled or contained. neighbor already said no. you have an option to put up a small non temporary fence to the area where they can jump over. you either dont want to pay for the fence or you have other issues with neighbor and really dont care about what you are complaining about.

you can not force someone to do something on their property. if you are the one who is afraid then you put the fence on your property. by the pictures it looks like it is just your deck that meets their deck to where they can jump over. you were directed to buy a couple of fence poles, wood fasteners for fence posts to bolt down to your deck and fencing material. what is so complicated. you and a friend can do this in about 2 hours with no construction skills or pay a handyman to do it for you. a petition is not going to do anything.

also in your first try at the petition you complained about them having parties and loud music. sounds like you are using the dogs as an excuse to get back at them.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 21:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/5 12:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
you posted this on the nextdoor forums. you received a ton of good ideas / solutions but you deleted the post when you were confronted with the similar vibe you are getting here.

yes i agree the dogs should be corralled or contained. neighbor already said no. you have an option to put up a small non temporary fence to the area where they can jump over. you either dont want to pay for the fence or you have other issues with neighbor and really dont care about what you are complaining about.

you can not force someone to do something on their property. if you are the one who is afraid then you put the fence on your property. by the pictures it looks like it is just your deck that meets their deck to where they can jump over. you were directed to buy a couple of fence poles, wood fasteners for fence posts to bolt down to your deck and fencing material. what is so complicated. you and a friend can do this in about 2 hours with no construction skills or pay a handyman to do it for you. a petition is not going to do anything.

also in your first try at the petition you complained about them having parties and loud music. sounds like you are using the dogs as an excuse to get back at them.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 21:39
Censorship is for pussies!!!!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I absolutely will not sign your petition that you're using for a petty squabble with your neighbors.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 17:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 15:08
From JCNJ
Group:
Registered Users
and how flimsy is your fence?

Posted on: 2017/3/8 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
This is a case of property destroying property. Maybe try pepper spraying the dogs?

Posted on: 2017/3/4 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I am going to start a petition to require petty city residents to wear a muzzle.

Posted on: 2017/3/4 5:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This is clearly and personal issue being publicized for maximum drama. If the dogs are damaging your fence, take the owner to small claims court.

Posted on: 2017/3/2 17:37

Dogs need fences

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/19 13:31
Group:
Registered Users
Please consider signing my petition. I'm trying to get the city of Jersey City to require large unattended dogs to be fenced in. As it stands there is no requirement for large dogs to have a fence of any kind.
https://www.change.org/p/city-of-jerse ... rters&utm_medium=copyLink

Posted on: 2017/3/2 16:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017