Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City comic among those critically injured in car crash involving Tracy Morgan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
sorry for tracy morgan, but i am more concerned that walmart and others take long term actions to make sure that therir drivers are not driving more than 8 hours or to make sure that they get reasonable amounts of sleep...isn't that how they do it for bus drivers.

i'd much rather pay higher prices than take undue risks with others' lives

Pretty sure there's strict federal laws limiting how many hours you can drive and be "on the clock".

Posted on: 2014/6/10 19:43

Re: Jersey City comic among those critically injured in car crash involving Tracy Morgan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
sorry for tracy morgan, but i am more concerned that walmart and others take long term actions to make sure that therir drivers are not driving more than 8 hours or to make sure that they get reasonable amounts of sleep...isn't that how they do it for bus drivers.

Jeez, now it's Wal Marts fault? You obviously have zero understanding or knowledge of the trucking industry.

Posted on: 2014/6/10 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Maybe you do, but I have a bad feeling that many, many people aren't able to see past the price tag of what they buy and consume. If people did see beyond those price tags, they wouldn't support the unethical treatment of animals and our natural resources by demanding and expecting increasingly lower prices.

Posted on: 2014/6/10 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/10 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Tracy Morgan crash: 'I wish I had died', says truck driver

The tweets claimed that Roper ?not once? said to police or media that he was awake for 24 hours.

The tweets said Roper was ?not guilty of any crime? and concluded: ?So yes i am now most likely f****d because I had an unfortunate ACCIDENT with the wrong car that night."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peo ... truck-driver-9522554.html

Posted on: 2014/6/10 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Truck driver charged in Tracy Morgan crash had 'Move or get hit' in Twitter bio

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainm ... ccident-article-1.1821642

Walmart says it will take 'full responsibility' if their truck caused fatal crash

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf ... injured_tracy_morgan.html

Wal-Mart 'profoundly sorry' for Tracy Morgan crash

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101741327

Posted on: 2014/6/10 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I read that the driver had not slept for 24 hours...this is outrageous. aren't there laws out there to prevent this?

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf ... ept_f.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Yes, it is illegal.
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20031001/driving-drowsy

Posted on: 2014/6/9 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime ... pt-cops-article-1.1822532

The Walmart truck driver accused in the deadly New Jersey Turnpike wreck that critically injured comic Tracy Morgan early Saturday had not slept "for a period in excess of 24 hours" before the crash

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I read that the driver had not slept for 24 hours...this is outrageous. aren't there laws out there to prevent this?

Posted on: 2014/6/9 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf ... ept_f.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Posted on: 2014/6/9 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Nice to see some press about it.

I've seen this guy at the Comedy Cellar a few times and he's hilarious. Met him once after the show and he's super nice. Hoping for the best.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 14:41

Jersey City comic among those critically injured in car crash involving Tracy Morgan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Jersey City comic among those critically injured in car crash involving Tracy Morgan

By The Jersey Journal
on June 08, 2014

The multi-car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike that left comedian Tracy Morgan fighting for his life has also left a Jersey City comic critically injured.

Ardie Fuqua, 43, is one of three men injured in the crash, which killed 62-year-old Peekskill comedian James McNair, also known as Jimmy Mack.? The men had just come from a comedy show in Dover.

Before the crash, Fuqua posted pictures from the gig on his Facebook page, adding what has become a tragic message:

"Road life is a good life!"

Fuqua's mother, Doris, a retired Jersey City pubic school teacher who lives on Wegman Parkway, a few doors down from Fuqua's residence, said doctors have told her that her son is in critical but stable condition.

"He has a broken leg and a few other things," Doris Fuqua said.

She said she knew her son was funny when he was five years old. "If I was about to give him a spanking he'd produce a dollar so I wouldn't spank him," she said.

"He is a kind, loving young an who is loved by all, and he's very funny," Doris Fuqua said. "He won a comedy contest his first year in college and it's been on since then. He's in the comedy clubs every night in New York. He even went to Australia with Tracy last year. They've been performing together for about a year."

Doris Fuqua said her son attended Our Lady of Victory Elementary School, St. Peter's Prep, and St. Mary's High School in Jersey City. He then attended Bloomfield College and Rutgers University. Her son has an 18-year-old daughter, she said.

She said she met Morgan 20 years ago when both her son and Morgan started performing at the Uptown Comedy Club in Harlem. "He's a nice young man," she said about Morgan.

Joe Loesner, owner of the Meadowlands Comedy Club in Secaucus, said he immediately thought about Fuqua when he heard about the crash involving Morgan, star of "Saturday Night Live" and sitcom "30 Rock."

"Ardie was his opening act when he (Morgan) was on tour," Loesner said this morning.

"I was very upset," Loesner said. "He (Fuqua) is a good, down to earth guy."
Loesner said Fuqua worked for him in New York City in 2007 when Loesner produced shows at the Laugh Factory.

"He's a phenomenal talent," Loesner raved about Fuqua. "He brings tremendous energy to the stage. I tell young comics when he's on stage to take notes."

The crash occurred at about 1 a.m. Saturday in the northbound lanes of the Turnpike near the Molly Pitche Service Area. Morgan, Fuqua, Jeffrey Millea and Harris Stanton were riding in a 2012 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van when it was struck by a truck driven by Kevin Roper.

Roper has been charged with one count of death by auto and four counts of assault by auto. Authorities say he failed to see slow-moving traffic in front of his rig.

Morgan, Fuqua and Millea remain in critical condition at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. Stanton was treated and released from the hospital.

In October 2009, The Jersey Journal profiled Fuqua when he and his then-girlfriend appeared on the Bravo reality show "Better Half."

"The whole thing was one big fight with my girlfriend," Fuqua said at the time. "We clashed all the time over every little thing. Let's just say, it wasn't fun at all."

Terrence T. McDonald and Ken Thorbourne contributed to this artic

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n_critically_injured.html

Posted on: 2014/6/9 14:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017