Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling marijuana out of her Mercedes

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/28 17:54
Group:
Registered Users
New Jersey police departments and prosecutors? offices are entitled to keep money and property confiscated through the state?s civil forfeiture law, thus giving them a direct financial stake in these forfeitures.

The caveat here is that if it can be proven that the property wasn't acquired through the drug sales or illegal activity it could be returned to the owner. She (Willie Flood) wouldn't have a hard time proving that she was able to purchase a 99 Benz. On the other hand, if it was a 07 Benz or if the car was in the son's name it might be a different story.

Either way, I agree with another post that questioned how she didn't know her son was selling weed. At 28 years old he doesn't have his own car? Does he have a job? Did he use the car every evening? Did he tell her he was going to work? Did he get busted before and perhaps when the officer found out who he was, let him go?

I have many more questions but I won't even go into them. I'm just having a hard time believing that she wasn't aware of his activities. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!!

Posted on: 2007/2/28 18:19

Re: Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling weed from her Mercedes at Wayne and Barrow
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
One of the most disappointing and heart-breaking moments in my life was when the poster-child of Jersey City Willie Flood, didn't succeed in her campaign to become Mayor. What a disservice the residents of JC bestowed on themselves by not elected her. Just tragic!

Posted on: 2007/2/19 17:16
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling weed from her Mercedes at Wayne and Ba
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
New Jersey Civil Forfeiture of cars and other assets seems to have been ruled unconstitutional.

See:
http://www.ij.org/private_property/new_jersey/index.html
http://www.jointogether.org/news/head ... ys-nj-forfeiture-law.html

Does anyone know the latest on this?

Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
If you or i were caught in a relatives car with drugs that car would be confiscated.Thats the law but not in this city anybody connected to city hall gets a break and the rest of us get hammered...

Posted on: 2007/2/18 21:13

Re: Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling weed from her Mercedes at Wayne and Ba
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/24 10:08
Group:
Registered Users
She is not Black or White or Yellow or Brown

She is another crooked Jersey City Politician and this is our opportunity to politically impale her !!!

It is a shame that is not another Healy family member

He is White . So there

Personally I do not care what happens to her Kid

I care about her treatment from the Healy Cabal !!!!!

Like the Phoenix of myth Jersey City will rise again without Corruption !

Posted on: 2007/2/18 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think willie flood should be blamed for what her kid did,nor do i think Healy should be blamed for his a$$hole cousin driving drunk.People should be held responsible for their own actions.

I do believe there is a lack of responsible leadership in this city.If the kids around Floods son all know he's dealing yet he was not arrested why should they obey the law.When the city employee sees their boss (Healy) and his cronies drunk and disorderly on a daily basis why should they follow the rules.

Leadership starts at the top plane and simple.

Posted on: 2007/2/18 17:51

Re: Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling weed from her Mercedes at Wayne and Barrow
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/24 10:08
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Councilwoman !!!!

We now have a new car for the JC D.A.R.E. Program

I will call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office on Tuesday morning

Please have all sets of keys available for the Sheriff?s Department

Peace Out

Like the Phoenix of myth Jersey City will rise again without Corruption !

Posted on: 2007/2/18 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Are you suggesting that her 'contituents' are likely to be more upset that their supplier got caught then any association with the councilwoman? That's just so funny and could be right! This could be a ward that another aspiring person that wishes to be a councilwoman might like to move to.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 22:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/6/24 15:08
From Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
He's a punk.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This will have a neutral impact at election time. Her constituents will not care one way or the other.

Quote:

MCA wrote:
[quote]...and the bonus: come election time, wave bye-bye to your Council-at-Large seat, Willie Flood.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 22:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
Quote:
mrrogers wrote:
Why was he downtown and not in F ward where he lives.

The article says "Phillip Flood Jr., 28, of Wayne Street," though it doesn't specify which 'section' of Wayne -- there's a Wayne St. in what used to be called the "new houses" on Montgomery between the old Medical Center and the Turnpike, and then again further up the hill from Cornelison to Summit. I assume he lives downtown -- don't buyers come to where drug dealers live and not the other way around?

And the bonus: come election time, wave bye-bye to your Council-at-Large seat, Willie Flood.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
If you or i were caught in a relatives car with drugs that car would be confiscated.Thats the law but not in this city anybody connected to city hall gets a break and the rest of us get hammered.

Why was he downtown and not in F ward where he lives.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
RTFA, it was a 99. Doesn't say which model but probably not worth more than $15,000.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 16:15

Re: Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling marijuana out of her Mercedes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
The article said that both were "charged with numerous drug offenses, including dealing drugs within 1,000 feet of a school and within 500 feet of a park.

I'd like to know what school is anywhere near there. Maybe they mean the school of hard knocks. There is a park (play ground), but the only people in it this time of year are dealing drugs, too.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 15:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
I would have thought that the next logical step would be to obtain a warrant to search Mr Flood's home, regardless with whom he resides with.

I have to admit, there are some good 'detectives' or inquisitive minds on JClist.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Should the car have been impounded and does anyone know for sure, what the law is on forfeiture of a car used to deal / sell drugs from?

If the car was to be impounded, we have another issue of graft and corruption.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The article said that both were "charged with numerous drug offenses, including dealing drugs within 1,000 feet of a school and within 500 feet of a park."

I wonder if they impound cars used for dealing...

Quote:

grovester wrote:
I posed this story yesterday under the thread of "Drugs at Wayne."

I don't know how a mother doesn't know that her son is a drug dealer.

Also, does anyone know if this spot is within 500 ft. of a school? That carries a very serious penalty.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
And he's the 28 year old working with an 18 year old kid, so it's not like the other kid corrupted him or something!

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:42
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I was pre-empting the councilwoman's excuses.

Hey grovester, the son will say a guy called 'dog' made him do it.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I posed this story yesterday under the thread of "Drugs at Wayne."

I don't know how a mother doesn't know that her son is a drug dealer.

Also, does anyone know if this spot is within 500 ft. of a school? That carries a very serious penalty.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:38
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This councilwoman wants to manage a city, when she can't manage her son.

Willie will say that her son is a lovely, caring boy that has never been in trouble with the law and she was unaware of his drug dealings. She never smelt 'pot' in HER car or on her son. She will claim she doesn't even know what 'pot' is.

The only issue I have with this, is the fact that WE dumb-asses elected her into office and its no wonder crime is so intrenched in JC.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:18

Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood's son arrested selling weed from her Mercedes at Wayne and Barrow
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
USED MOM'S CAR
Cops say

Saturday, February 17, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Flood's son had weed

The son of a Jersey City councilwoman was nabbed selling marijuana out of his mom's Mercedes Thursday night, officials said.

At 6:50 p.m. Phillip Flood Jr., 28, of Wayne Street, and Christopher Rodas, 18, of Neptune Avenue, were arrested at Wayne and Barrow streets, reports said. Flood is the son of Jersey City Councilwoman-at-Large Willie Flood, who is also the Hudson County registrar.

Phillip Flood Jr. and Rodas were charged with numerous drug offenses, including dealing drugs within 1,000 feet of a school and within 500 feet of a park, reports said.

Narcotics Squad officers doing surveillance watched a man hand money to Rodas, who then walked over to the parked 1999 Mercedes and handed Flood Jr. the money, reports said. Flood Jr. passed Rodas a bag of suspected marijuana and Rodas handed it to the buyer, reports said.

Officers converged on the Mercedes and arrested Flood Jr., who had a cigar rolled with marijuana propped behind his ear, reports said, adding that he was also found to have another bag of suspected marijuana. Police arrested Rodas and found he was carrying 13 bags of suspected marijuana and one vial of suspected cocaine, reports said.

The police released the Mercedes to the councilwoman, who lives on Forrest Street, reports said. She could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Posted on: 2007/2/17 14:04

Edited by GrovePath on 2007/2/17 14:51:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017