Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

Re: An Open Letter to You, My PATH Nemesis
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
*SIGH* Since people are on a roll bashing brown-skinned people again, I'd like to point out that the Paris Metro on a hot summer day smells much, much worse than anything the PATH dishes out. Combine the lack of AC in the cars with people who haven't bathed or showered in a day or two and who have doused themselves with cologne, and it's pretty noxious in there. They're also wearing clothes that have cigarette smoke clinging to them along with the sweat and perfume. Get the idea??? It's not just a stereotype - the French really do believe that frequent bathing is "unhealthy" and sneer at our Anglo-Saxon obsession with hygiene. One day at work at work, one of my French co-workers looked a bit different. "Thierry," I asked, "Did you do something different with your hair?" "Non," he replied with a puzzled look, "I just washed it." Whereupon my face turned red and I never asked about anyone's hair again as long as I lived there.

Not all brown skinned as some are less shady then others. Also do not judge all for the actions of a few.

Funny, that's what I thought you were doing - especially since you never seem to miss an opportunity to put down immigrants, particularly Indians, and gush enthusiastically about Caucasian Europeans.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
*SIGH* Since people are on a roll bashing brown-skinned people again, I'd like to point out that the Paris Metro on a hot summer day smells much, much worse than anything the PATH dishes out. Combine the lack of AC in the cars with people who haven't bathed or showered in a day or two and who have doused themselves with cologne, and it's pretty noxious in there. They're also wearing clothes that have cigarette smoke clinging to them along with the sweat and perfume. Get the idea??? It's not just a stereotype - the French really do believe that frequent bathing is "unhealthy" and sneer at our Anglo-Saxon obsession with hygiene. One day at work at work, one of my French co-workers looked a bit different. "Thierry," I asked, "Did you do something different with your hair?" "Non," he replied with a puzzled look, "I just washed it." Whereupon my face turned red and I never asked about anyone's hair again as long as I lived there.

Not all brown skinned as some are less shady then others. Also do not judge all for the actions of a few.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
When its 87 degrees outside with 70% humidity and the subway platform is 147 degrees without any ventilation, people on the subway are probably going perspire, and they probably aren't going to smell very nice either, whether they are wearing deodorant or not.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/31 12:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

DowntownSteve28 wrote:
I\'ve actually heard of people who don\'t use deoderant because they think it\'s poison. Something about magnesium or aluminum soaking into your skin and killing you? It takes all kinds, it really does.

There\'s some pretty reasonable evidence for this. Did you do any research before coming to this conclusion? Regardless of the health risks, deodorant is pretty unnatural if you think about it.

But the population of JC that smells the worst is the rapidly growing set of Indians on work visas. Showering regularly is not part of the culture there, and it\'s not like they are given a handbook on local hygiene at the border. Even Indians who have been here a while still don\'t use toilet paper. Really.

When I worked at an office that had a lot of H1Bs, we regularly had to have new employees informed of our culture of showering daily. We\'d always have an Indian who had been here do the dirty work, but I think there isn\'t much of a stigma towards smelling bad in India, so you can tell someone that they smell bad without creating much offense.

I don\'t think they were ever asked to use deodorant, just to shower daily (or even every other day). You can still smell someone who showers daily but doesn\'t use deodorant, but only if they\'re right next to you, and it\'s just unpleasant.

I once walked into a conference room to interview a candidate, and didn\'t make it all the way to the table before turning around, running out, and throwing up in the bathroom. They got the job anyway.

How right you are, unfortunately embarrassment is not a factor in this smelly community it is a right of passage and culture. Americans are not allowed to stifle culture except their own. Also deodorant is just the half of it what about antiperspirant. Years ago people only took one bath a week usually on a Saturday night after a taffy pull. They also thought it was a waste of water and men were considered sissies if they bathed frequently. I believe Sweden is the most hygienic country on the face of the earth.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 11:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Why are the 14th and 23rd Street stations always an inferno??? It felt like a brick over at the bloody 23rd station tonight - at least 20 degrees hotter than the outside temp. I swear, after 10 minutes of waiting for the damn train, EVERYONE on that platform smelled ripe!

Posted on: 2009/7/31 3:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/16 18:38
Group:
Registered Users
Oh that patchouli smell is the worst! I took an evening pottery class last year and this girl in the class always smelled like patchouly! It reminds me of dirt and old people.

I guess live and let live, even if you wanna live stinky, tho, right?\\

lol

Posted on: 2009/7/31 2:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Well, I actually never really thought of it that way. I personally don't use deodorant because I take two showers a day and don't smell bad anyway, even on a day like today.

I'm not comfortable generalizing about groups of people (I try to teach my son about tolerance, even if someone does smell like a locker room!), but I can see what you mean in some cases. The panhandlers and home-less can be bad too, but I guess they don't have much of a choice. I was in line at the bank behind this man today and he smelled like that pitchooly stuff that some girls in my college years and years ago used to wear. I had to go to a different bank.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 2:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I used Tom's of Maine once and it made my armpits smell like corn chips. My ex-wife forced me to stop using it, even though it was her idea.

Fortunately my current wife doesn't care what I smell like, lol.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Aluminum has been identified as a possible environmental factor that causes alzheimer's. Aluminum is most often used in antiperspirants. Most deodorants do not have aluminum, and several such as Toms of Maine specify aluminum free

Posted on: 2009/7/31 2:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh god I can't go a day without a shower and my Right Guard!

Posted on: 2009/7/31 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DowntownSteve28 wrote:
I've actually heard of people who don't use deoderant because they think it's poison. Something about magnesium or aluminum soaking into your skin and killing you? It takes all kinds, it really does.

There's some pretty reasonable evidence for this. Did you do any research before coming to this conclusion? Regardless of the health risks, deodorant is pretty unnatural if you think about it.

But the population of JC that smells the worst is the rapidly growing set of Indians on work visas. Showering regularly is not part of the culture there, and it's not like they are given a handbook on local hygiene at the border. Even Indians who have been here a while still don't use toilet paper. Really.

When I worked at an office that had a lot of H1Bs, we regularly had to have new employees informed of our culture of showering daily. We'd always have an Indian who had been here do the dirty work, but I think there isn't much of a stigma towards smelling bad in India, so you can tell someone that they smell bad without creating much offense.

I don't think they were ever asked to use deodorant, just to shower daily (or even every other day). You can still smell someone who showers daily but doesn't use deodorant, but only if they're right next to you, and it's just unpleasant.

I once walked into a conference room to interview a candidate, and didn't make it all the way to the table before turning around, running out, and throwing up in the bathroom. They got the job anyway.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 1:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DowntownSteve28 wrote:
I've actually heard of people who don't use deoderant because they think it's poison. Something about magnesium or aluminum soaking into your skin and killing you? It takes all kinds, it really does.

So what? Don't they realize their body odor is socially poisonous, too?

Posted on: 2009/7/30 23:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/7/30 23:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
Kaylasmom wrote:
It is summer....it is Hot....in most cases you are holding onto a bar above your head....Please shower and use deodorant!!! You know who you are.[/quote

Oh god I know! I'll be coming back from a trip into the city to go to Whole Foods or something and the train will smell like a gym locker lol! I just don't understand how people can let their hygiene be so offensive.

Posted on: 2009/7/30 22:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Kaylasmom wrote:
It is summer....it is Hot....in most cases you are holding onto a bar above your head....Please shower and use deodorant!!! You know who you are.

Lol! I couldn't have said it better myself. My 2-year-old son calls it the "stinky choo". When will people learn?

Posted on: 2009/7/30 21:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/4 14:02
Group:
Registered Users
It is summer....it is Hot....in most cases you are holding onto a bar above your head....Please shower and use deodorant!!! You know who you are.

Posted on: 2009/7/30 19:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 23:48
Group:
Registered Users
I WILL "check "you if you do not let me off the train before getting on yourself. You've been warned...

Posted on: 2009/7/28 13:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/8 13:43
Group:
Registered Users
I was on the train from WTC to Newark around 4:30pm today when a dirty looking guy walked on and asked if there were "any bathrooms on the train". We told him there weren't and he just walked right out the door of the train and relieved himself off the side of the train. He then proceeded to come back in while zipping himself back up. Pure class...

Posted on: 2009/7/28 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
you must be confusing the immigrants with the born-and-raiseds

Posted on: 2009/7/27 15:48

Re: A message to PATH Port Authority - Hi, I'm Debbie Duhain and I'm going to drive you insane...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
My PATH feelings, in no particular order and distilled for all to absorb:
5) There are no intelligent tourists. All of them are frighteningly stupid.

I find the tourists to be intelligent, inquisitive, patient, and most of all prepared. You must be confusing the tourists with immigrants.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 12:42

Re: A message to PATH Port Authority - Hi, I'm Debbie Duhain and I'm going to drive you insane...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nice. Had you made the same disparaging remarks about black or hispanic people, I'm sure the righteous would have swept in to condemn you and then congratulated each other on their "courage" for taking a stand - but there's a separate set of rules if the object of your ridicule is poor and caucasian.

Apparently not if you refer to them as "the people who get off in Harrison and Newark."

Posted on: 2009/7/26 18:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/21 2:29
Group:
Registered Users
To all the full body pole hoggers on the Path train during rush hour... try not to piss yourself when my hand lunges towards your neck. I'm not going for your jugular - just trying to get the little piece of prized pole space that you left available for public use.

1.75 don't buy you a pole to straddle and rub your entire grossly lazy body all over you tacky inconsiderate boob.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Message to the Eastern European blond bitch at Grove I see you every morning. You did not buy the train car for $ 1.75. You see that I arrived before you and you still push me out of the way to get on first for the 33rd train. You push not only me but others. When we both arrive at 14th street you then again push and shove everyone to get to the door to get off first. Bitch I suggest you do not stand close to the edge of the platform. Debbie talks to me and she says "Push the bitch in front of the oncoming train"
I hate you and the usual horribly dyed Eastern European blond hair.
The nail salon you work in must love you.Debbie told me to say that.

Sadly you will never read this. Debbie tells me you number is up. Sit back bitch and wait your turn. You are no longer in some Eastern Bloc.

Written with love

Posted on: 2009/7/25 9:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
My PATH feelings, in no particular order and distilled for all to absorb:
1) Riding to Journal Square, all the attractive people get off the train at Grove Street. If it?s just you and thirty ugly people, the next stop will be Journal Square.
2) People riding to Harrison and Newark are the dumbest people on the system. These are the ones crowding to get onto the train when the door opens and you want to get off. I always make sure to jab them in the ribs as I exit.
3) The Port Authority flacks that decide what happens on PATH platforms don?t actually ride mass transit. Ever. This is why they have the traffic reporters blaring their useless transit comments while you wait for the train.
4) As far as I know, nobody has ever planted a bomb in a trash can on a subway platform EVER in all of American history. But they took out all the trash cans anyway and now that?s why you get all those junk food wrappers drifting all over the place. Personally I blame people from Harrison and Newark for being the biggest litter bugs.
5) There are no intelligent tourists. All of them are frighteningly stupid.
6) For unknown reasons certain passive-aggressive young men can only express their dissatisfaction with society with the way they position their legs. You can spot these losers by the way they sprawl and stretch out their legs on a crowded train. Curiously, society tolerates this bad behavior. Why can?t someone break their kneecaps?
7) When you smell cigarette tobacco during the daytime? It?s always a PATH employee. He makes more money than you do too.
8) The guy with the Star Trek pins in his hat is the coolest conductor.
9) Guys that board the train with a bike and then sit in a seat are assholes. The only proper way to have a bike on the PATH is to stand with it.
10) If you must walk from car to car, could you please be sure the door shuts behind you? No you can?t? I see.
11) The train is only considered a ?Crowded train? when standing passengers are spread evenly throuout the car. If there is room in the middle of the car, why are you and your date standing so close to me?
12) Coffee spilled on the train. I see, you had to have coffee on the train. I see. And you suck at understanding gravity and physics and stuff.
13) The ?911 TRUTH? assholes and that homeless guy shouting out 911 facts: Couldn?t we just set them on fire and watch them burn?
14) The new PATH cars? Could it be they spent tens of millions of dollars and took delivery of them and then??we still use the old cars. How could this be? Something wrong with the new cars that nobody dares mention? Why am I not riding in futuristic splendor?
15) The Smartlink Cards. Why? How much beurocracy can one train system encompass?
16) Would it kill the highly trained professional train crew to make sure the destination of the train was plainly visible on the illuminated sign over the door? I guess it would.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
So what happened to Bernie Weizenblast? Same message now even more horrible with Debbie Duhane while you waits for da train. A captive audience are we with nowhere to hide from these morons. P. A. take her away!

Posted on: 2009/7/25 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LMAO!!!!! Funny this thread should pop up today. That annoying voice was the last thing I heard when the train doors shut behind me at Grove Street, and it was the first thing to greet me when I got off at 14th Street. I remember thinking as I trudged up the stairs "I liked it better when the PA system didn't work."

Posted on: 2009/7/24 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you really need a fix here ya go

http://www.njir.net/aboutUs_DebbieDuHaimeBio.html

Posted on: 2009/7/24 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OK That was one of the funniest blogs in a really long while. It is like when you call Amtrac and "Julie" helps you. I laugh every time.

Debbie gets me and shocks me when I exit 14th street. Never fails. Just before I am about to exit BAM there's Debbie. She gives Yolanda Vega a run for her money. Only Yolanda puts 2 syllable's in the # nine.

Also could they please make the emergency number simple. I do not know off hand but it is like 201 275 1063 ( not correct ) Simple kids Simple.

Again thanks for the laugh

Posted on: 2009/7/24 22:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/22 19:24
Group:
Banned
can't stop laughing lol lol lol Thank You!!!!

Posted on: 2009/7/24 19:36

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017