Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Evaluation of voting machines is ordered
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional ... 65093127161290.xml&coll=5

A judge ordered a panel of experts to evaluate the security of New Jersey's 11,000 voting machines yesterday but stopped short of decommissioning the Sequioa Voting Systems devices or requiring them to be retrofitted to produce a paper trail.

Posted on: 2010/2/2 19:21

Re: Voting machines
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 14:10
Group:
Registered Users
Walked into booth and mayor was already selected for Webb with a green X.
Asked attendant to resent machine.
Voted.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Would have been interesting to see if the lights stayed on for a Healy Team vote but not the others.....

Posted on: 2009/5/13 1:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/14 14:28
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, there was a problem with one of the machines at McNair. I had the same experience ... but I pointed it out to a poll worker, and he somehow "re-set" the machine so it worked normally the next time I tried it.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 1:21

Voting machines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone have problems with the machines when they were voting? I think I did, and I don't know if my votes were counted.

As I remember from the past, and if please correct me if I'm wrong about this, when you press the button next to each name, the green x lights up and stays lit for the duration of your voting session, until you press the red cast ballot button. Tonight when I voted at McNair, that didn't happen. I pressed the button to select a person, and it would light up for about 1 - 2 seconds, and then go dark. This happened for every person I voted for. Is this how it's supposed to work? I remember in the past that all the lights would stay on, so you could see everyone who you were voting for before pressing the cast ballot button.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 1:11

Voting problems reported in New Jersey -Involves computerized voting machines at least five counties
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Involves computerized voting machines in at least five counties
WABC Eyewitness News

(New Jersey - WABC, November 7, 2006) - Even before the all voting is finished and the ballots are counted, there are already complaints of voting irregularities. The Investigators' Jim Hoffer is monitoring the crucial issue of voting irregularities.
There are some disturbing irregularities being alleged by the New Jersey Republican Committee. For the first time, voters statewide are casting ballots on new electronic machines, the state GOP says either glitches or foul play with the machines is hurting their candidate.

The problems apparently involve the computerized voting machines at seven polling locations in at least five counties in New Jersey. The state's Republican Committee says some of the machines were either preset for Democratic candidate Bob Menendez or were inoperable when people tried to cast votes for the challenger Tom Kean Jr.

David Norcross, RNC: "Voting machines appear to be pre-voted, that is when one voter leaves, you can reach in behind the machine, push a button and that sets up a pre-vote for the next voter who comes in."

Election officials in New Jersey insist the problems are not widespread, and where machines malfunctioned people were able to vote with emergency paper ballots.

The state attorney general's office tells Eyewitness News that "observers have been sent to the locations and they have not found any pre-selection of candidates on any voting machines."

In New York, where the 40-plus year-old lever-operated machines are still being used, there were few reports of problems. This voter hotline in the city is having one of quietest election in years with little more than a few complaints about broken machines and an occasional mix-up in ballots.

Eugene Russinoff, NYPIRG: "You know it seems to be a pretty cleanly run election which may reflect that fact that there are very few contested races."

This election, the Justice Department has deployed a record number of federal observers nationwide to look for irregularities, including in New Jersey and New York. We found this federal observer rather busy at a Westchester County polling place where one voter filed a complaint with police claiming to have found glue on one of the voting machine levers.

Liz Perez, Yonkers voter: "So I put one and one together, the glue and it being stuck that means someone tampered with that machine."

The machine was fixed. It's uncertain whether glue was the problem. Meanwhile, voters seemed glad to have federal monitors on hand to observe the process and protect their right to vote.

"It is important that we have someone to monitor so we don't have any problems getting to vote, very important," one voter told us.

The machine was fixed. It's uncertain whether glue was the problem.

As for the New Jersey voting machine problems, state Democrats say it's just technical glitches that have since been resolved and accuse Republicans of stirring up trouble in the face of a losing race.

New Jersey Senate Race

State Senator Tom Kean Jr. is hoping to become the first Republican candidate in New Jersey to win a seat in the Senate in 30 years. He voted this morning and then had to deal with some vandalism issues at his headquarters in Mountainside -- the entrance chained shut and a key broken off in the lock.

Meanwhile, Menendez says the padlock issue is a desperate campaign ploy: "It's the worst publicity that I've seen in a long, long time."

Menendez focused his efforts on crisscrossing the state and rallying voters to head to the polls.

(Copyright 2006-WABC-TV)
LINK

Posted on: 2006/11/8 0:12

Re: Electronic voting in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
Thisd is great...One guy psts the rules...and the other admits to never even being i.d.

This is so nuts...thanks for the posts. Keep them coming.

Whats wrong with this country??

Are you not reading?

If you were registered before Jan. 1 2003, or showed identification when you registered, you don't have to show ID. If you registered by mail after that date and never showed ID, then you will (read: may) be required to show ID at the polling place. Even if you don't show ID, you can still vote--you just have to vote on a "provisional ballot" instead of the anonymous machines and will have to show ID later.

Posted on: 2006/11/7 22:36
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I just received this email from "Working Assets":

Better Safe Than Sorry: Take ID When You Vote

Take ID When You Vote Today

New laws on affirming voters' identities are being applied inconsistently. To be safe, bring your identification with you when you vote today.

Dear Friends of Working Assets,

We're writing because improperly enforced voter ID laws across the country are resulting in disenfranchisement of eligible voters. If you haven't voted already, bring identification with you when you go to the polls.

In South Carolina, the Governor had to leave and come back with proper ID. In Missouri, the Secretary of State -- the chief election officer -- was wrongly asked three times to produce photo identification even though that state's photo ID requirement was recently struck down in court.

If the politicians are having a hard time casting a ballot, imagine what's happening to regular citizens. A bewildering array of new regulations are in place this year -- and reports from the field already indicate that the rules are being applied inconsistently.

Electiononline.org has created a state-by-state guide of voter ID requirements. You may want to check your state's requirements before you vote so you'll be aware if pollworkers at your polling place are asking for more than is legally required, potentially turning away eligible voters.

But just to be safe -- the best thing for you to do is to bring photo identification with you when you go to the polls today. And if you want to increase your impact, share this message with everyone you know -- and make sure they take their photo ID's and get out to vote today too.

Thank you for everything you are doing to help safeguard our democracy.

Sincerely,

Will Easton
Manager
Working Assets

Posted on: 2006/11/7 22:31
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/27 22:48
Group:
Registered Users
Thisd is great...One guy psts the rules...and the other admits to never even being i.d.

This is so nuts...thanks for the posts. Keep them coming.

Whats wrong with this country??

Posted on: 2006/11/7 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Damn, BM beat me to it. But here's the Web page.

http://www.state.nj.us/oag/elections/vote_id_req.html

Basically, old farts that have lived here a long time don't have to do anything, they can just vote.

Posted on: 2006/11/7 22:27
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:

[...] And the guy behind me didnt have a photo id.
He couldnt believe he needed it...I told him "how do we know it is actually you??"He was more pissed that he needed id.

This is such a joke...that is why thses negaitve, fals, trashy advertisments work. People are dumb!!

Here is the Official NJ State requirements:

New Identification Requirements for Voters

Voting in the Polling Place

Pursuant to the federal ?Help America Vote Act of 2002" (HAVA), if you registered to vote by mail in your county after January 1, 2003, and never voted in a federal election in the county, you were required to provide your county commissioner of registration with identification.

If you did not provide identification to the county commissioner of registration or if the identification information could not be verified (i.e., your driver?s license number or the last four digits of your social security number),

YOU MUST SHOW IDENTIFICATION AT THE POLLING PLACE
WHEN YOU GO TO VOTE.

Identification may include, but not limited to,

Any Current and Valid Photo ID:

Driver?s license
Student or job ID
Military or other government ID
Store membership ID
United States passport
OR

Bank statement
Car registration
Government check or document
Non-photo driver?s license
Rent receipt
Sample ballot
Utility bill
or any other official document

If you show identification, you will vote in the voting machine.

If you do not show identification, you will vote by provisional ballot and have until the close of business on the second day after the election to provide identification to the applicable county election office. You will be given a hand-out at the polling place that will tell you which county election office to contact. (click here to find your county election office)

YOU SHOULD BRING IDENTIFICATION WITH YOU TO THE POLLING PLACE IN CASE YOU NEED IT.

Absentee Ballot Voters

If you applied for an absentee ballot, and were required to show identification, you should have received a request for identification in your absentee ballot materials.

The identification requirement, however, does not apply to any absentee voter who receives a ballot because of temporary illness or a temporary or permanent disability or any absentee military or overseas civilian voter.

If you have any questions, you can call 1-877-NJ-VOTER (1-877-658-6837).

Posted on: 2006/11/7 22:26
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Electronic voting in JC
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/27 22:48
Group:
Registered Users
I just voted and to my surprise, it was an electronic machine. Last time I voted (2002) it was the old fashioned kind. when I questioned if I would get a receipt, the woman staed "evopting is more accurate than paper". I told her about the news stories detailing evoitng tampering and un reliable. she was clueless. also, ther were no police there. And the guy behind me didnt have a photo id.
He couldnt believe he needed it...I told him "how do we know it is actually you??"
He was more pissed that he needed id.

This is such a joke...that is why thses negaitve, fals, trashy advertisments work. People are dumb!!

Posted on: 2006/11/7 22:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017