Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...



Tags: ''  

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users






Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#15
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/12/12 18:47
Last Login :
2007/9/14 20:38
From Journal Square / Marion
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 77
Offline
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
How's the new screen name working out Pisces1979?


I don't have a new screename.

Posted on: 2006/2/16 18:01
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
8/25 18:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9116
Offline
Sure you are "NEW" today but somehow feel the need to post all these posts - I think you are one of the well known jerks who keeps changing names.

Time will tell -- wish I could block you!

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:54
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#13
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/2/15 16:07
Last Login :
2008/9/16 20:59
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 19
Offline
Kermit you helped me understand why people were upset but it more depends on the way you read it. What I see the problem is that people are replacing Many with Most in there mind instead of reading what it says I by no means meant most thats why i put not all in my response when I wrote it. This is what i meant when I wrote they see every thing as right and wrong and not in between. Thank you kermit for your post. As for the bear that putz comment shows how good you are at making a good argument as to why you disagree I dont mind people that disagree just give me a good reason for so.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:40
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
8/25 18:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9116
Offline
Hey GeorgeWBush being a duck are you worried about Cheney shooting you?

Or do you feel safe since he is a bad shot -- at least when drunk.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:27
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#11
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/1/21 21:16
Last Login :
2008/10/28 13:48
From Columbus St.
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 58
Offline
Quote:

ChiltownJerz wrote:

I am glad to see a crooked prosecutor go to jail. Many people with positions like his (not all) feel they are above the law and they are the type of people that knowingly put innocent people behind bars.

... [snip] ...

Why would you concider my coment asinine...


Does it really surprise you that some people would consider that comment asinine? It's one of those 'step softly' things--if you said "some people with positions like this..." I'd agree with you (and so would most others), but when you say "many people..." you taint the whole group. Somebody here's going to be offended and come to their defense. I believe it was that "many" that got you the "asinine" accusation.

Quote:

ChiltownJerz wrote:

I purposely post coments like that and many of my other ones to make people that disagree want to respond ...


Fair enough, there are people here who post to get reactions, to get people's dander up. But when you set out to provoke, you can't really be surprised when someone gets provoked. The insults come with the territory.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:23
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
8/25 18:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9116
Offline
PUTZ

Quote:

ChiltownJerz wrote:
Im not just talking about this topic but others I responded to because I already have gotten a few people mad in here but i think its good for them...

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:19
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#9
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/2/15 16:07
Last Login :
2008/9/16 20:59
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 19
Offline
Thank you for the welcome I purposely post coments like that and many of my other ones to make people that disagree want to respond I want to see what people are really thinking about these topics and why they think a certain way. Because alot of people in here see everything as right or wrong, black and white. They dont recognize that there are grey areas and sometimes there is no right or wrong. Im not just talking about this topic but others I responded to because I already have gotten a few people mad in here but i think its good for them to have different out looks even if they do disagree.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 22:08
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/5/11 19:17
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 453
Offline
Chil, if you are not Pisces1979, I retract the statement - calling your comment asinine, and I welcome you to jclist.
If you ARE Pisces1979, the chief still hates you.

Quote:

ChiltownJerz wrote:
Why would you concider my coment asinine i just simply stated my opinion without insults to anyone. I dont mind criticism so please respond. Also i didnt see any chief anywhere near my coment.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:37
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#7
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/2/15 16:07
Last Login :
2008/9/16 20:59
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 19
Offline
Why would you concider my coment asinine i just simply stated my opinion without insults to anyone. I dont mind criticism so please respond. Also i didnt see any chief anywhere near my coment.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:29
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/5/11 19:17
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 453
Offline
No, because you make asinine statments just like Pisces1979.
And chief Troy still doesn't like you.

Have a nice day!

Quote:

ChiltownJerz wrote:
lol im not Pisces1979 im a cancer im just curious why you think im this person because today is my first day making post on here.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:18
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#5
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/2/15 16:07
Last Login :
2008/9/16 20:59
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 19
Offline
lol im not Pisces1979 im a cancer im just curious why you think im this person because today is my first day making post on here.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 21:10
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/7/20 12:15
Last Login :
2015/11/5 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 71
Offline
I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 18:24
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/5 22:57
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 214
Offline
How's the new screen name working out Pisces1979?

Posted on: 2006/2/15 18:17
Top


Re: Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#2
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/2/15 16:07
Last Login :
2008/9/16 20:59
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 19
Offline
I am glad to see a crooked prosecutor go to jail. Many people with positions like his (not all) feel they are above the law and they are the type of people that knowingly put innocent people behind bars.

Posted on: 2006/2/15 16:37
Top


Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
8/25 18:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9116
Offline
Former Jersey City prosecutor indicted
Monday, February 06, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City's former chief municipal prosecutor was indicted last week on multiple charges related to an alleged confrontation with a woman who said he struck her with a gun during a jealous rage, then tried to arrest her boyfriend.

The indictment, handed up Tuesday, charges Abad Perez with three counts of aggravated assault, two counts of official misconduct and one count of false swearing, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Peter Stoma said.

"Apparently the grand jury found probable cause to believe that Mr. Perez abused his authority as a municipal prosecutor and retired Jersey City police officer," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Perez has denied the allegations, denied being romantically involved with the woman, Abigail Gonzalez, 30, and chalked up her actions to her being a deadbeat tenant who refused to be evicted.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy suspended Perez without pay Sept. 27, 2005, a day after The Jersey Journal published an article about the Sept. 2 incident.

The city is still investigating the complaint against Perez, but it is expected to be wrapped up soon, city attorney Bill Matsikoudis said last week.

"There will then be a hearing before a hearing officer who will make a recommendation to the City Council regarding Mr. Perez's fate as a city employee," Matsikoudis said.

The incident occurred at Gonzalez's home in a Culver Avenue building owned by Perez. Gonzalez and her boyfriend, Yuri Rodriguez, 39, of Florida, were there at the time.

Gonzalez said she formerly had a sexual relationship with Perez, but broke it off. She said she then changed the locks on the home because he kept letting himself in and demanding sex.

On Sept. 2, Gonzalez said, Perez came to the house and began installing his own new locks. She said she tried to stop him and he attacked her, smacking her across the face with a gun. He then pointed a gun at Rodriguez and called 911, Gonzalez said.

Perez told police a different version: He said he was driving past the house and saw the doors open. He went inside to investigate, and Gonzalez told him she'd lost her keys, so he had to install new locks as the landlord. He denied ever having a relationship with her.

Perez said Rodriguez attacked him while he was working on the locks, so he called police.

A retired police officer, Perez reportedly told the 911 operator that an "off-duty officer needs assistance."

When cops arrived, Perez told them Gonzalez had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. According to the police report, she then slapped Perez across the face, and cops arrested her on a charge of simple assault.

Perez then tried to arrest Rodriguez, but Rodriguez was released from the South District precinct when the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office told police that Perez didn't have the power to arrest anyone.

Perez was appointed chief prosecutor one month before the incident.

Posted on: 2006/2/14 14:33
Top








[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017