Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City cop 'highly intoxicated' in 2014 traffic stop, but not charged (VIDEO)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City cop disciplined 2 years after police say he drove 'highly intoxicated'

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on October 03, 2016 at 1:56 PM, updated October 03, 2016 at 9:18 PM

JERSEY CITY — A police sergeant who was accused of driving "highly intoxicated" in Robbinsville more than two years ago has been disciplined over the incident.

Sgt. Vincent Corso, a 23-year veteran of the department, will lose 15 days as a result of the disciplinary action for three internal charges, according to sources with knowledge of the decision. He will lose five comp days and five vacation days plus five 2017 vacation days, the sources said.

Notice of the disciplinary action was released to police precincts last week.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... days_over_2014_incid.html

Posted on: 2016/10/4 4:39

Re: Jersey City cop 'highly intoxicated' in 2014 traffic stop, but not charged (VIDEO)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Since this thread has derailed, I don't blame you for missing this. But your concern was addressed in the article.

"Cowan alleges in his lawsuit that he ordered an internal affairs investigation into Corso's traffic stop over the objections of Fulop and Shea. The ex-police chief, whose allegations have been dubbed fiction by city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill, says Fulop tried to conceal the incident involving Corso, a local union official, because he wanted to curry favor with the union in advance of a possible gubernatorial run in 2017."

This then becomes a issue for the township that stopped Corso - If they didn't proceed with charges and prosecution then it's their Police and City to ask why - This said, if 'we' Jersey City officials intervened, then that too should come out in the investigation.
Jersey City officials will only have 'dirty hands' if the investigation is initiated by the township in question - A JC investigation will hit a brick wall (if there is any conspiracy to divert the justice) if the township keep quiet.

Then again, this could be all a load of crap that Cowan made up ... Do we have any police reports from the township?

On a personal note, I'm all good to give anyone a media / thread ass-kicking if they fcuk-up and avoid accountability with includes our Mayor or any public servant or official!

Posted on: 2015/5/22 1:54
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

As for this ass-wipe cop - We should have an internal investigation to see what the truth actually is, and anyone that harbored this guy from prosecution or charges should be fired also - The Director of Public Safety should look into this, start an internal review and have a process that anything involving emergency services staff that he has authority over (cops, fire, etc) is brought to his office - This will mitigate many police precincts / stations having 'secrets' and dealing things in-house.

Since this thread has derailed, I don't blame you for missing this. But your concern was addressed in the article.

"Cowan alleges in his lawsuit that he ordered an internal affairs investigation into Corso's traffic stop over the objections of Fulop and Shea. The ex-police chief, whose allegations have been dubbed fiction by city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill, says Fulop tried to conceal the incident involving Corso, a local union official, because he wanted to curry favor with the union in advance of a possible gubernatorial run in 2017."

Posted on: 2015/5/22 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Then one wonders why we have such disharmony between Police and the Community when this sort of stuff makes the media highway... Do we recall Healy's relative that was a bum cop (with a history of drinking issues) in one town, and then we recruit him here, only for him the kill a kid and mother in a motoring accident while he was drunk.
Or do we recall another of Healy's relative fail a psychological test to be a firefighter, only for the then Mayor (Healy), to intervene and get him in.

As for this ass-wipe cop - We should have an internal investigation to see what the truth actually is, and anyone that harbored this guy from prosecution or charges should be fired also - The Director of Public Safety should look into this, start an internal review and have a process that anything involving emergency services staff that he has authority over (cops, fire, etc) is brought to his office - This will mitigate many police precincts / stations having 'secrets' and dealing things in-house.

Posted on: 2015/5/22 1:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
This is a very serious story and the usual wackos are arguing about a youth foundation? Shut the hell up if you're not going to talk about the story!

I agree with your statement minus the cursing of course. So why mentioned Steve Hyman? I brought up the JC Youth Foundation because others mentioned Steve Hyman. And there is a lot about the JC Youth Foundation but I will allow Michael Shurin tell that story.

Yvonne, shut the fuck up.

You have anger management issue. I suggest you seek help.

Posted on: 2015/5/22 0:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
This is a very serious story and the usual wackos are arguing about a youth foundation? Shut the hell up if you're not going to talk about the story!

I agree with your statement minus the cursing of course. So why mentioned Steve Hyman? I brought up the JC Youth Foundation because others mentioned Steve Hyman. And there is a lot about the JC Youth Foundation but I will allow Michael Shurin tell that story.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/21 21:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/30 20:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmellonworth wrote:
Quote:

MichaelShurin wrote:

3. I haven't reported on anything that Steve Hyman has a financial interest in, and he really doesn't follow my work for the most part - on top of having no editorial input. Most of the articles I've produced are education or police related, things that he has ZERO interest in.

HUH?

http://hudsoncountyview.com/developer ... -sixth-street-embankment/

http://hudsoncountyview.com/fulop-adm ... -sixth-street-embankment/

For the record, I agree with some of the things you have written about the war on drugs. But lets keep things honest here, mkay?

Fair enough, I should have stressed "I haven't reported on anything that Steve Hyman has a financial interest in [for Real Jersey City]"

As for the articles, the interview with him was the first time I met him, and I don't know what was wrong with it - I let him say his side of the story.

The second article directly quotes the OFA ordinance, and the STB website is very clear what an OFA is for. If the city has no plans for "continued freight rail," I'd love to hear them publicly state that.

This quote is from the local tabloid (http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t_embankment_cleared.html) - "In the event the OFA is accepted by the STB, the ordinance authorizes the city?s corporate counsel to solicit proposals including for construction or operation of interim freight rail facilities."

I guess the headline was pushing it a little in retrospect, but the facts regarding an OFA are rather clear. That said, Hyman didn't influence me to do that article, or the interview.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 20:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/28 22:28
From The Village, Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MichaelShurin wrote:

3. I haven't reported on anything that Steve Hyman has a financial interest in, and he really doesn't follow my work for the most part - on top of having no editorial input. Most of the articles I've produced are education or police related, things that he has ZERO interest in.

HUH?

http://hudsoncountyview.com/developer ... -sixth-street-embankment/

http://hudsoncountyview.com/fulop-adm ... -sixth-street-embankment/

For the record, I agree with some of the things you have written about the war on drugs. But lets keep things honest here, mkay?

Posted on: 2015/5/21 20:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/30 20:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Occasional reader, 1st time commenting. Just wanted to address some criticisms directed towards me and my work.

1. It's great that no one can dispute any of the documented information I've published so far, and have read through my nearly 1,200 word bio that mostly covers issues created by the drug war, some rather specific to Jersey City, and can only take away that Steve Hyman is financially supporting me. You got to love the transparency though, right? At least the local tabloid read the part about me being the only journalist to report the officer's name who killed Lavon King, or maybe they just published the officers name hours after my website went live because it was the "nine-month anniversary."

2. A lot of people/organizations in Jersey City and Hudson County could learn a thing or two about being open to the public. Like Yvonne said, waiting on the Jersey City Youth Foundation to disclose all of their donors - not waiting for a generic and politically correct about page. If it wasn't for my previous reporting, which some JCList commenters seemed to enjoy at the time, you wouldn't have known all the donors to former Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil's "non-profit" More Than a Race. Speaking of Akil, here's a question to ask, why hasn't any "unbiased reporter" mentioned Akil's OVI (DUI in Ohio) citation, or ever reported on his "non-profit" and business across the street from city hall? Better yet, why was this story reported two weeks after the video was publicly available, the day before Memorial Day weekend? Maybe people should ask that question to the local tabloid.

In addition, I've quoted people like L. Harvey Smith in feature articles, someone Hyman strongly dislikes for legislation he passed in the Assembly that harmed him. I actually received heavy criticism today for publishing comments made by someone who publicly opposes Hyman's quest to develop the embankment over harsh accusations regarding PS 3's Dual-Language program. This past weekend I covered the "Picnic Against Privatization" hosted by the Friends of Liberty State Park. I wouldn't call any of the people/organizations just mentioned friendly to Hyman, but the information on my website is independent - that's why the local tabloid keeps publishing summaries of my work (I can provide countless examples of that going back to when I was on Hudson County View).

Finally, won't comment back-and-forth much, but I'll be sure to post up more of my stuff on JCLIST.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I guess Fulop told people to attack the messenger so people would be confused by the message. I don't think people are that stupid. Who is funding the JC Youth Foundation?

No, the Mayor did not tell me (or anyone I know) to shoot, or otherwise attack, anyone. I am sure the Mayor has about a million more important and significant people to worry about than one of the regular comedic performers at Council meetings.

But now you know, this website you keep promoting is the personal news outlet for wanna-be embankment developer Steve Hyman.

Regarding the JC Youth Foundation, I don't know how it's related to Steve Hyman's news website, but here is their "About Me" page for your reference: http://jcyouth.org/mission-statement-and-partnerships/

Don't forget to take fish oil every day Yvonne, trust me.

And I suggest you don't forget to pray for your soul. But returning to the subject, who is funding JC Youth Foundation? And why are JC officials protecting a cop with DUI who shot a youth some years back? That should be the concern. Has Steve Hyman shot someone? Was he involved in DUI? If you cannot answer yes to those questions then I suggest we return to the original subject and stop shooting the messenger.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I guess Fulop told people to attack the messenger so people would be confused by the message. I don't think people are that stupid. Who is funding the JC Youth Foundation?

No, the Mayor did not tell me (or anyone I know) to shoot, or otherwise attack, anyone. I am sure the Mayor has about a million more important and significant people to worry about than one of the regular comedic performers at Council meetings.

But now you know, this website you keep promoting is the personal news outlet for wanna-be embankment developer Steve Hyman.

Regarding the JC Youth Foundation, I don't know how it's related to Steve Hyman's news website, but here is their "About Me" page for your reference: http://jcyouth.org/mission-statement-and-partnerships/

Don't forget to take fish oil every day Yvonne, trust me.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/21 18:21

Edited by Yvonne on 2015/5/21 18:36:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/28 22:28
From The Village, Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Why is this a new thread? I posted this information several weeks ago. Michael Shurin did this story under Real Jersey City.
http://www.realjerseycity.com/officer ... -killed-teenager-in-2000/

Isn't this Michael Shurin/realjerseycity.com you keep pushing created and funded by the developed Steve Hyman who wants to turn the embankment into condos? The same Steve Hyman who has developed a personal vendetta against the city officials who have opposed him? I'm sure they are impartial and have no bias in their reporting! Come to think of it, you and Stevey boy would make a great couple!

Yup...

http://www.realjerseycity.com/about-michael-shurin/

"Finally, this project would not be able to take off without the financial support of real estate investor Steve Hyman, a person who has dealt with a lot of ?bulls**t? in his quest to develop the Sixth Street Embankment."

Posted on: 2015/5/21 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Why is this a new thread? I posted this information several weeks ago. Michael Shurin did this story under Real Jersey City.

Isn't this Michael Shurin/realjerseycity.com you keep pushing created and funded by the developed Steve Hyman who wants to turn the embankment into condos? The same Steve Hyman who has developed a personal vendetta against the city officials who have opposed him? I'm sure they are impartial and have no bias in their reporting! Come to think of it, you and Stevey boy would make a great couple!

I know Michael but I do not know his finances. He has never told me and I have never asked. Apparently, you, rescue knows more than I do. You are now shooting the messenger. It doesn't change this message. A JC cop is charged with DUI, he was involved in a fatal shooting of a 15 year old kid and JC officials are covering up this cop drinking problem. Cops carry weapons, I want our cops sober. Tomorrow it could be a member of your family who was shot by a cop with a drinking problem.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/21 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/21 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
So the former handpicked chief of police is directly implicating Mayor Fulop in the cover up of a drunk driving cop in another county? Wow!

Posted on: 2015/5/21 15:27

Jersey City cop 'highly intoxicated' in 2014 traffic stop, but not charged (VIDEO)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City police sergeant was accused of driving "highly intoxicated" in Robbinsville in January 2014, but was released without charges into the custody of Jersey City police and remains on the job.

The incident is documented in a dramatic video and multiple police reports obtained via a public-records request. The video, taken from the dashboard of one a Robbinsville police officer, shows one officer telling Sgt. Vincent Corso, the Jersey City cop, that he is too "f***** up" to drive, while just off camera there is an apparent struggle after the officers tell Corso they plan to confiscate his gun.

News of the traffic stop first surfaced two weeks ago when Robert Cowan, the former Jersey City police chief, cited the incident in a civil lawsuit he filed against the city, Mayor Steve Fulop and Public-Safety Director James Shea.

Story and Video

Posted on: 2015/5/21 15:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017