Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Food Truck Saturdays in the Heart of the Village
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Phillip Santella, who's been working at Madame Claude for six years and sampled some of the food trucks' eats, thought the food truck rally was good for the neighborhood.
"Businesses bring businesses," said Santella, a Jersey City resident. "People over there can see us, and people over here can see them...We're established. They're not a threat."

bingo.

it's nice to see a business who gets it.

Way to be deliberately obtuse. They "get it" because it's now being regulated in a way that (I'm assuming -because no one is complaining) most seem fair. I'm also pretty sure that Tender Shoots and P&K did complain but I'm going by what was mentioned in the other thread.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 17:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/15 20:41
From 276 Newark Ave
Group:
Registered Users
They started a bit later than expected and weren't even serving food before 4PM; by 5:30 - 6PM, there were a lot of people and by 7:30PM, Chopping Block had ran out of food.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Was the event well attended in the evening? I stopped in around 4 PM and it was just a few people there. The setup was nice and, overall, it felt like a fun way to spend an early evening gathered with some friends while having a beer and some food outside, but I couldn't help think that the attendance was poor. Hopefully it picked up later into the evening.
now add, some good music and watch people come

Posted on: 2015/5/11 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Was the event well attended in the evening? I stopped in around 4 PM and it was just a few people there. The setup was nice and, overall, it felt like a fun way to spend an early evening gathered with some friends while having a beer and some food outside, but I couldn't help think that the attendance was poor. Hopefully it picked up later into the evening.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Good to hear this and it makes perfect sense, but to be fair, Food Trucks and Madame Claude are not competitors. But Pizza and Food Trucks are pretty close, and that's probably why the Two Boots owner is threatened.

Yeah, I guess but I don't see P&K and Tendershoot bitching about the farmers selling produce, which is pretty obviously competition for them.

At the end of the day, a good market drives foot traffic, foot traffic drives business for everyone. It's why it's better to open up a restaurant on Newark (even with all the competition) than it is to open up a restaurant at Jersey and 5th. You want people in the habit of hanging out in the area. A better market gets more people in that habit.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Good to hear this and it makes perfect sense, but to be fair, Food Trucks and Madame Claude are not competitors. But Pizza and Food Trucks are pretty close, and that's probably why the Two Boots owner is threatened.

Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Phillip Santella, who's been working at Madame Claude for six years and sampled some of the food trucks' eats, thought the food truck rally was good for the neighborhood.
"Businesses bring businesses," said Santella, a Jersey City resident. "People over there can see us, and people over here can see them...We're established. They're not a threat."

bingo.

It's nice to see a business who gets it.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

bingo.

It's nice to see a business who gets it.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 12:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users

bingo.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Food trucks and restaurants coexist on Jersey City strip

By Rebecca Panico | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
May 10, 2015 at  4:23 PM

JERSEY CITY - A truce broke out yesterday between food truck vendors and restaurant owners along Newark Avenue in an experiment both sides hope will help all sides prosper.

In an event billed as Jersey City's first "Food Truck Rally," three food truck vendors set up shop on a privately-owned vacant lot on Newark Avenue, just west of 4th Street.

The lot is across the street from the well-established Madame Claude Café, a popular French restaurant. But instead of hitting each other with spatulas and spoons, the two sides exchanged compliments. 

These sentiments were music to the ears of the three food truck vendors -- Eddie Cotto's ME Casa food truck, Romm Gaddi's IncrediBalls, and Jose Santos' Chopping Block.

Read more: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ow_comradery_at_jers.html

Posted on: 2015/5/11 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Great news for us village folk. I usually walk to grove for truck food.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 6:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We'll it appears to be a good location with only legal beans and claude cafe nearby - Hopefully it doesn't affect their trade but a concern is where are the nearest public restrooms or are we going to drive the gas station nuts or the cafe's by running into their restrooms.

Will the trucks get together and provide trash cans that get removed at the end of the night?
actually there are public restrooms near the little park near the fire station on newark. good eatin', y'all - ya hear!

Posted on: 2015/5/8 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We'll it appears to be a good location with only legal beans and claude cafe nearby - Hopefully it doesn't affect their trade but a concern is where are the nearest public restrooms or are we going to drive the gas station nuts or the cafe's by running into their restrooms.

Will the trucks get together and provide trash cans that get removed at the end of the night?

Posted on: 2015/5/8 0:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Food Truck Saturdays in the Heart of the Village

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/15 20:41
From 276 Newark Ave
Group:
Registered Users
http://jerseycityeats.blogspot.com/20 ... -truck-saturdays.html?m=1

This Saturday, several of Jersey City's food trucks will gather together and park at the 318-328 Newark Avenue lot (between 4th and 5th Street) for the first time to officially launch the JC Food Truck Rally, anticipated to run every Saturday.

The trucks will be serving food from 3pm-9pm and this week's line-up includes Chopping Block, ME Casa, and The Incrediballs. The rotation of trucks will change each week so there will be a lot of variety and if you're like me and can't get to the trucks during the weekdays, this is a great opportunity to have them all in one place.

Running a food truck is a notoriously difficult business. The hours are long and there are countless logistical issues, not the least of which is parking and finding ways to deal with the often outdated or unclear city regulations. However, an ordinance was recently passed in Jersey City allowing food trucks to park on private lots (with permission) and serve food which has created this opportunity for local trucks. It's an especially welcome development for those of us who miss the trucks being able to park on Grove Street.

While it will start small for the time being, the trucks are hoping to expand the Food Truck Rally to include other vendors and small businesses, local artists, and to make it family-friendly with activities for kids so that it will serve the community at large.

Stop by Saturday to show your support and enjoy some delicious food from these great trucks!

Posted on: 2015/5/7 23:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017