Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Towing from a legal driveway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I liked a previous suggestion to write a polite note on the windshield, in butter. I wouldn't recommend reversing out and let them try to sue you for the damage to the side of their vehicle. Well...not unless it was the same persistent jerk.

Don't sign the note though, you may be held liable if there is an accident during a rain storm bluring the visibility due to the smearing of the butter or other foreign substance.

Sometimes a little terrorizing works. Here?s one I did?..

Jerk around the corner would parallel park in his driveway but couldn?t seem to fit his little Toyota there if you parked within 5 feet of the curb cut. He managed to get a few people ticketed & left a curt note on my car. WRONG PERSON. Solution was to drive him crazy. I took his note & had copies of it made on a color printer, perfect copies. Every time he parked in his driveway, I would go out at night & leave a note on his car. How could he explain who left the notes, he had never seen me & the notes were in his writing. Now after having left the note a couple of times I started calling the parking authority & having him ticketed. After about a month he got the permit to park in his driveway & stopped terrorizing people into believing that you couldn?t park anywhere near his driveway.

I'm confused on that one. Why would you need a permit to park in your own driveway? Unless you mean "in front of" his own driveway?

Sorry caj11, I thought it was understood that this joker was in front of his own driveway.

Ok...that is kind of brilliant. And hilarious.

Posted on: 2014/5/10 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I liked a previous suggestion to write a polite note on the windshield, in butter. I wouldn't recommend reversing out and let them try to sue you for the damage to the side of their vehicle. Well...not unless it was the same persistent jerk.

Don't sign the note though, you may be held liable if there is an accident during a rain storm bluring the visibility due to the smearing of the butter or other foreign substance.

Don't sign the note, heights? The guy is parked across your driveway & is affecting your quality of life to suit his own. Do you really think he would be as obtuse as you not to figure out who wrote the note. And your off the wall scenario about the accident during a rainstorm is just as laughable because you assume the offender is such a dope as not to wipe his windshield.

Jerk around the corner would parallel park in his driveway but couldn?t seem to fit his little Toyota there if you parked within 5 feet of the curb cut. He managed to get a few people ticketed & left a curt note on my car. WRONG PERSON. Solution was to drive him crazy. I took his note & had copies of it made on a color printer, perfect copies. Every time he parked in his driveway, I would go out at night & leave a note on his car. How could he explain who left the notes, he had never seen me & the notes were in his writing. Now after having left the note a couple of times I started calling the parking authority & having him ticketed. After about a month he got the permit to park in his driveway & stopped terrorizing people into believing that you couldn?t park anywhere near his driveway.

I'm confused on that one. Why would you need a permit to park in your own driveway? Unless you mean "in front of" his own driveway?

Sorry caj11, I thought it was understood that this joker was in front of his own driveway.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Don't sign the note, heights? The guy is parked across your driveway & is affecting your quality of life to suit his own. Do you really think he would be as obtuse as you not to figure out who wrote the note. And your off the wall scenario about the accident during a rainstorm is just as laughable because you assume the offender is such a dope as not to wipe his windshield.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/8 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/8 12:34
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Or buy a tank for Steve Fulop...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fWN0FmcIU

Posted on: 2014/5/8 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Is this more like the response you were looking for from the JCPA or JCPD ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeT_mioVe1o

Posted on: 2014/5/8 0:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
The PA should tow within the hour of your notifying them & issuing the ticket, IMO.

I know they will ticket but I do not think they will tow if you cannot get in your driveway, the presumption being you can park on the street & will have free access to your car to leave.

I could be wrong though.

I was told the same thing a few years ago by the JCPA. No tow if you are blocked out. Worth getting a street parking permit if you don't have one.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
The PA should tow within the hour of your notifying them & issuing the ticket, IMO.

I know they will ticket but I do not think they will tow if you cannot get in your driveway, the presumption being you can park on the street & will have free access to your car to leave.

I could be wrong though.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/7 23:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
They were in your driveway or blocking it? I've been wondering for a while, if someone is parked in my driveway, as in on my private property, can I just call a tow company straight up and have them towed without going through police? Hasn't happened to me, but I feel like it will one day.

Yes.. The trouble is finding a towing company willing to do it. Some of them have been sued by the owners of the cars. The last time I had to do it was years ago. I had to call 1/2 dozen companies before I found one willing to tow.

I had some asshole who kept parking his car in my lot, blocking my tenants cars from getting in or out. After he got towed, he stopped doing it from then on.

Parking Authority will not tow if the car is on private property.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
We have had to call 3 x in the 9 m that we have lived in our new place (with a legal garage/driveway)

Almost the same story.... the no parking lines got taken away when they put in the new gas lines (or something) and apparently our neighbors are bigger jerks than most since its pretty easy to see the giant garage door that you are blocking and JCPA refused to put in new lines till the spring (bc the paint wont dry or something)

I have lived in DTJC for 10 years now (and only had a garage for 9 month) so I get it.. its hard to find parking but it really sucks when after paying probably $100K more for a condo with a garage you are stuck and have to play the whole blast the horn for 10 min or so as a warning, then call the parking authority, then cops finally show up 30 m later (and I get it...not an emergency to them) and then finally once they decide that its really blocking you they will call the tow truck.

I have never actually had someone towed because in the time that this takes (usually 2 hrs) the owner usually shows up with a pissy attitude about how dare I call the cops on them... I would just like for once someone to actually get a ticket so they get a little bit of the annoyance and pain I have to feel

Posted on: 2014/5/7 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProdigalSon wrote:
We had to have someone towed from our LEGAL driveway

Well done, my friend. Well done.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
No they were blocking me from exiting. While I realize I don't own the street, the driveway is worthless if I can't get in and out of it. It is legal as well. I have that documented from the city.

I spoke to the Jersey City Parking Authority today, as I had sent them a check to have lines repainted, the guy on the phone said it was BS about the hour wait and they will tow the guy immediately if they are preventing me from leaving. The guy issuing the summons the first time told me it was an hour wait.

We had lines on the street before marking it as no parking, but they were paved over in November-ish. The paving company was supposed to repaint them but considering they haven't done the crosswalks I'm skeptical they are ever going to get to my driveway.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
They were in your driveway or blocking it? I've been wondering for a while, if someone is parked in my driveway, as in on my private property, can I just call a tow company straight up and have them towed without going through police? Hasn't happened to me, but I feel like it will one day.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 15:24

Towing from a legal driveway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
We had to have someone towed from our LEGAL driveway the other day. It totally screwed up my schedule as I had to get somewhere by car.

My question is, why doesn't the parking authority tow them at the first call, when they are parked illegally? You have to call them out, they issue a summons, and then an hour after the summons is issued they will come back and tow the offending vehicle. Which in reality by the time you call they show up and then the tow truck shows up it's been close to 3 hours and anyone who has a busy schedule is screwed.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 14:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017