Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Motorists no longer able to access Pulaski Skyway from Tonnelle Circle area
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
I avoid 1/9 as much as possible, opting to take Kennedy as my highway (45mph+) whenever I move through JC.

But the new loops have eased traffic alot and keep things moving, so that I won't complain about. It's just something new we have to get used to, people never like change.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
This is going to be a hassle when going down the shore, also will the 1&9 truck route lead us to rt 280. I wonder if the GPS units will realize the change and if not I hope there are accurate detour signs.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:

Does anyone have a map of how the roads are laid out there now?

Robin.

From the Journal -- click to enlarge:

Resized Image
The red-shaded portion of Routes 1&9 south, the ramp onto the Pulaski Skyway, will be closed for up to a year starting tonight.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
What a clusterf%%k. They could have simply put up some traffic dividers on the on ramp from 1-9 to the Pulaski, that way the on-traffic could merge to the right lane, the regular traffic could stay left.

But no. They decided to force traffic through an already crowded 1-9 truck route that gets backed up most of the time, and gets closed with flooding during light rain and bridge openings.

Genius.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
holy crap is that area a confusing maze right now. My plan for taking the bike out to the Columbia trail turned into something out of the Twilight Zone. I finally decided that there was no way to get to the Skyway.. ended up taking JFK to 1&9 truck route to get to 78.

I hope this construction project gets finished soon....

Posted on: 2011/10/17 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
That entire area is now a mysterious maze of loops and U turns. Each time I try and concentrate to keep track of where I am going, but each time I end up stuck again driving around endless wide looping circles that sems to be taking me back to where I started.

Does anyone have a map of how the roads are laid out there now?

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 17:50

Motorists no longer able to access Pulaski Skyway from Tonnelle Circle area
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Motorists in Jersey City are no longer able to access Pulaski Skyway from Tonnelle Circle area; advised to use Routes 1&9 truck route, and getting there may require traveling north and making U-turn

Published: Saturday, October 15, 2011, 3:02 AM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Motorists in Jersey City attempting to navigate the Tonnelle Circle are in for some major changes.

The state Department of Transportation last night closed the ramp that leads from Routes 1&9 south onto the Pulaski Skyway in order to finish constructing a new ramp, part of a $210 million revamp of the interchange.

Depending on how motorists make their way to the ramp, they will have to take alternate routes:
Motorists headed south on Routes 1&9 should take the truck route down to Communipaw Avenue, where they can make a right and rejoin Routes 1&9 in Newark after the Carson Nguyen Bridge;
Motorists driving from Kennedy Boulevard to the ramp will have to head northbound on Routes 1&9 and make the U-turn at County Road, then follow the above route toward Communipaw Avenue;
Motorists exiting Route 139 directly before the Pulaski Skyway will no longer be able to make a right to head northbound on Routes 1&9, and will instead have to go around the Tonnelle Circle.

Motorists exiting Kennedy Boulevard will not longer be able to merge left and go around the circle to head south on Routes 1&9, and will instead have to head north on Routes 1&9 and make the U-turn at County Road.

State officials say the new ramp onto the Skyway will have ?improved geometry and sight-distance for safer traffic merging.? The existing ramp will be demolished.

DOT spokesman Timothy Greeley acknowledged that motorists could take the ramp to the Skyway coming off Broadway, but he said the state is urging them to take the official detour route toward Communipaw Avenue.

The ramp from Broadway onto the Pulaski Skyway is narrow and gets easily congested, Greeley said.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 15:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017