Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSE&G wants us to buy new water heaters because of flood
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I had a PS&G "rep" visit my property last year and stated it required an inspection and had tried to be in touch with me several times during building of property. The building of the property was three years EARLIER by a builder prior to selling to my family. When I challenged the "inspector" he said they had "tried" to inspect during building but no one was there to let them in. I asked the guy why is he coming several years after construction and he said he left request to inspect, when pressed that I never received anything in the past three years he stated, "I think we tried knocking, maybe left a sticky on the door". I never received anything AND he should have inspected PRIOR to completion & purchase. I asked why he thinks I should be letting him in after we've bought after the fact?

He stood there like a bafoon and I knew he expected a pay off by the way he was waiting there hemming and hawing...I wasn't about to pay off this jerkoff for not doing his job. I stood there speechless and he left. He's tried TWICE to come back in two and a half years to "re-inspect" aka "pay off my hot tub in the catskills" and I've ignored the calls and he's never come back. BTW, the "problem" he stated was a problem (he tried to say the height of our utility room left some inches for the PS&G guy to have to arch in order to see the top of the meter) is "fixed" with a step. You PS&G douche.

Just another guy hoping the momentary anxiety and grief he gives you results in a tip aka pay off for him. It's true Jersey City fashion. Empty your wallet to make things easier is their hope. Again, I pay off enough of the city to get sick and tired by the time these jerk-offs come around.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 1:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/2 4:40
Group:
Registered Users
Oh and the neighbor who called PSEG to light his water heater DOES have the worry free program and guess what - he's having a new water heater installed tomorrow - BTW installation is not free with that program, and you need to buy a permit...

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the input. I think it could be a scam too. I might mention that the tag has no employee name or number, no violation number, no real information. It says only "post flood damage" and the line on the bottom "issued by" is not filled in.
The date is also incorrect.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
PSE&G is hosing you for sure. If the hot water heater has an electronic ignition it may take a couple hours to dry out. But as said in previous post you can light it yourself. You don't need a new one because of a little water. Don't give in tell them you're keeping the one you have and it works fine.

They can't fine you a dime - just their way of making money without having to work for it. Hope you don't have their worry free program either - just another scam.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
PSE&G did that to me years ago when I was on the road and couldn't fix a broken boiler (bad gas valve). The violation wasn't for flooding, but for an issue with the flue. Came back, checked the draft and CO levels.. everything was fine.

I ignored the 'violation' and nothing came of it. That was about 5 years ago.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
I agree. It sounds like a scam.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
If this actually was PSE&G, then file a complaint with the NJ-BPU and someone will either investigate or explain the action:

http://www.state.nj.us/bpu/assistance/complaints/

Posted on: 2011/9/1 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
PSE&G doesn't have the authority to assess fines. Only the city would have the authority to do that. As a matter of fact, you don't even need PSE&G to fix or relight your water heater. You can do it yourself or have a licensed plumber come in to do that.

Sounds like someone was trying to hose all of you.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 21:46

PSE&G wants us to buy new water heaters because of flood

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else:
We are in a condo building with a few units.
PSE&G is making us all buy new water heaters because there was a foot of water in the basement and the pilots went out - the water did not reach the controls, though. My neighbor called PSE&G to re-light his pilot, which they did not do. They slapped some kind of violation on all of the water heaters, even though most of us had dried them and re-lit them and they were working fine. Then they said we have to all buy new water heaters.
Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone know what this is about?

Posted on: 2011/9/1 21:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017