Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 9-Year-Old-Girl Fondled in Sears - Newport Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
We don't mean to be helicopter parents but now a days, we have to. Because really, anything can happen. I know a woman whose 10 yr old son was approached by one of two males in the men's bathroom in the Hudson Mall asking him what school he attended and where the school was (as he had his school uniform on) in a rough loud threatening manner.

This mother said she just had a feeling when they entered the bathroom right after her son did, and kept her ear at the door, opening it a crack a few times just to see if she could hear anything, but when she heard one of the men talking, through the closed door, then heard her son talking, she swung the door open, telling her son to get out of the bathroom.

As she was finding out from her son what one of the men were saying to him, she was about three stores from the long hallway that leads to the mall restrooms, there was a security officer whom she informed. They went to the mall management office (which is right next to the mens room)
where another officer was, so they all went into the mens room.

By that time ten minutes had gone by, but guess what? The men were STILL in the bathroom hanging out!

This was three weeks ago...

Posted on: 2010/5/25 1:57
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/12 23:24
Group:
Registered Users
i would love to just blab away at what i do and how i am connected but i really cannot afford to just in case their is somone watching

now granted i am covered for "free" speech but rather not over turn dirt

but like i said i can give facts if i see information not correctly given

Posted on: 2010/5/20 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you 5th. Welcome to JCList.

Are you specifically in law enforcement and connected to this case?

Posted on: 2010/5/18 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
My snarky remark above pertained to the usual "cleansed" descriptions given by the Jersey Journal. I'm sure law enforcement has what it needs to pursue an investigation.

Posted on: 2010/5/18 0:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i do apologize for my spelling errors before as i was typing on my blackberry and did not bother to use spell check

to answer your questions on why the public did not get any footage or anything of that nature i cannot answer that. however i can tell you that law enforcement, prosecutors office, and security have been working many hours on this case to attempt to narrow him down to a location.

somtimes releasing photos or videos can deter the actor from showing his face and/or it can possibly lead to him fleeing out of the jurisdication of hudson county.

Again i can assure you that all aspects of law enforcement and security are still working on getting this guy as we speak

Posted on: 2010/5/17 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

the5th wrote:
Sears has footage, Khols has footage, Security has footage.
any other questions feel free to ask.

thank you

Since you offered:

Did anyone try to match up the customer records from Kohl's
and Disney for the previous hour or two? Unless he paid cash, his name should be both places.

Posted on: 2010/5/17 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
An incident similar (but more violent as the child was actually assaulted) to this happened recently at the Palisades Mall in Rockland County.

Read Story Here

The footage was released to the public and the individual was identified shortly thereafter. He was from New Jersey and was tied to an attempted abduction in New Jersey.

Why this footage hasn't been released yet is a mystery to me, and probably to other parents in the area as well. So 5th, if you're connected to law enforcement, could you enlighten us curious civilians?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/5/17 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

the5th wrote:
Description: Indian decent male age 28-35, dark blue shirt with white collar, blue jeans, brown color shoes carrying a red disney bag and a khols bag.

good enough for you? that description went out within s minutes of the act being commited. The actor was followed on camera but then became a ghost. Sears has footage, Khols has footage, Security has footage.

thank you

I have a question: Why didn't the Jersey Journal run this description? And perhaps a still-shot from the in-store camera?

Posted on: 2010/5/17 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I'd hardly call him "decent".

Posted on: 2010/5/17 16:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Description: Indian decent male age 28-35, dark blue shirt with white collar, blue jeans, brown color shoes carrying a red disney bag and a khols bag.

good enough for you? that description went out within s minutes of the act being commited. The actor was followed on camera but then became a ghost. Sears has footage, Khols has footage, Security has footage.

thank you

Posted on: 2010/5/17 15:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, a guy about 30 with blue jeans and black jacket....that about narrows it down to just about every guy on the face of the earth. between the ages of 20 and 40. And yeah, sears doesn't have cameras????

Posted on: 2010/5/12 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Wondering if that description included the race of the individual. Kind of hard to mount a search otherwise.

because no one ever changes their shirt.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Yea JJ does that a lot. They leave the race out. At what point do you stop trying to be so politically correct. And from people who know my posts on the board if im saying it, then it must be a problem lol

Posted on: 2010/5/11 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Wondering if that description included the race of the individual. Kind of hard to mount a search otherwise.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 13:23

9-Year-Old-Girl Fondled in Sears - Newport Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City cops say 9-year-old Secaucus girl was fondled in Newport mall store
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
May 10, 2010, 8:49PM

Hudson County Special Victims Unit detectives are investigating an incident in which a 9-year-old Secaucus girl was fondled by a stranger while she played on a mattress display in a store in the Newport Centre Mall in Jersey City on Sunday, officials said.

Police at the Newport Substation said the victim told them that at about 5:35 p.m. she was jumping up and down on a mattress in Sears when a man approached her and began rubbing her inner thigh, officials said.

The man asked the 9-year-old for a kiss and then asked her to go with him, but she got off the mattress and ran to her father, officials said.

The victim and her father left Sears immediately and located a mall security guard who called police, officials said.

The victim described the man as being about 30 years old, wearing blue jeans, a light-colored shirt and a black jacket, and carrying shopping bags from Disney and Kohl's.

Police searched the area for a man fitting the description but came up empty, officials said.

The alleged behavior constitutes the crime of criminal sexual conduct but that charge would be upgraded to sexual assault due to the young age of the victim, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said yesterday, adding that investigators are reviewing security video from Sears.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 1:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017