Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...



Tags: ''  

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 3 »


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#70
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/1/3 19:12
Last Login :
6/5 5:33
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2296
Offline
As a guy who has suffered numerous times from portland cement burn, on my hands as well as my knees ... I can confirm that wet concrete is indeed harmful to the skin, and can cause severe burns.

However, to my knowledge it cannot "eat away" at an organism, like acid would.

Also, concrete whether wet or fully cured is very porous, so odors would certainly eminate through the material, at least enough for a trained dog to smell it.

1st Street Guy - basement foundations generally leak because of a crack. Moisture can penetrate a healthy concrete wall, but running water wouldn't come through (most concerete foundations are parged w/ tar or something similar on the outside).

There's your JClist construction lesson for the day. Now, back to discussing how the local restaurant can improve, and why Indio's is problematic for the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 14:23
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#69
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/11/25 16:31
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 170
Offline
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:

Owned. I love it.


Guess not. Apparently, scientific facts and evidence are not enough to change GQ's mind. But I'll give her that no one has ever asked the dogs how they find bodies buried in concrete. Maybe it isn't smell but x-ray vision...

Posted on: 2010/4/14 14:04
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#68
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/2/21 18:59
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 137
Offline
Healy's cousin whom the city hired as a cop despite a shady record crashes into a family on the skyway and kills a kid while DUI.
His chief of staff has a cousin who abducts a kid with handcuffs and a body bag.

Great friggen DNA running City Hall.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 14:48
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#67
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/10/19 1:18
Last Login :
2019/6/20 11:43
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1577
Offline
I was wondering if they were related. Thanks, FU.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 15:10
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#66
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/2/21 18:59
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 137
Offline
This guy was Dominick Pandolfo's cousin who is Chief of Staff to mayor Healy.Probably why we never heard a statement on the case from City Hall,not even a "police did an excellent job"quote.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 13:47
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#65
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/2/19 19:39
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 229
Offline
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
Jesus--noone gives a damn that this guy hung himself? Even if he was guilty, he had no previous record and maybe he was in declining mental health and this was the first time. I am NOT saying he shouldn't have been taken off the streets but perhaps if he had been on medications under psychiatric care things would be different. If we stopped building jails we could afford to get people into treatment. And his mom sure deserves a prayer.


WARPED!!! The first time is one time to many. WARPED!!! And your right things may have been diffrent if he was under psychiatric care and on meds..... He would of had an excuse in court. A prayer for his mother yes maybe but my prayers are more for that girl and what the rest of her life may be like. As for your comment on no jails.... Well thats just insane...........

Posted on: 2010/4/12 5:51
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#64
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/4/5 15:18
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 160
Offline
Comically unexpected to be sure. Can't wait to hear what canine breeds are best for cured versus non-cured cadaver searches.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 21:09
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#63
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/9/6 17:28
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 179
Offline
yes i am sure if the concrete has not fully cured they would be able to smell it but they concrete is still wet then. it seems dry but it is not. note that it said freshly poured. if they have built an entire structure on top of the concrete it has has long cured.

as for the caustic thing if it was dangerous and ate away bone and flesh when you are dealing with construction you would have to create a whole set of rules on how to deal with it and to clean yourself if you come in contact with it. you do not. it does not eat away at things. if it did you could not stick anything into it. if you knew anything about construction and creating precautions that cover your ass you would know that it is not something you need to be concerned about.

what does it matter if women are discussing concrete or not? what is it only something a man would know anything about?

Posted on: 2010/4/11 19:21
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#62
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/4/5 15:18
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 160
Offline
Two ladies arguing over the pH of concrete on JCList.

It's days like this that I love New Jersey.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 18:01
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#61
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/10/9 3:09
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 288
Offline
Quote:

Erica wrote:
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
I don't know what kind of concrete you use but it is not caustic. If it was there would be many a child without a finger.

yeah not caustic.. i wouldn't eat it but it doesn't eat away at anything. From my quick research the dogs wouldn't smell it.



Just because I can't bear to see you so thoroughly mangling science...

Wet concrete (Portland cement - the most popular type used in the US) contains calcium dioxide (formed when the calcium oxide in dry concrete mixes with water) - a highly caustic substance. Calcium dioxide has a pH around 12 or 13 - 14 is the highest, 7 is neutral (and remember that it's an exponential scale so 8 is ten times more basic than 7, etc.). The burns from wet cement don't necessarily start immediately (which is why people can make hand prints without their skin immediately burning off) but it needs to be washed off immediately and thoroughly. People who work with wet cement suffer the highest rates of occupational skin burns in the US. See here for more info: http://www.neutralite.com/

And there are numerous instances of cadaver dogs finding bodies buried in cement - even ones wrapped in plastic and buried years earlier, under a newly poured concrete patio, for example. You can start here for more info: http://www.csst.org/forensic_evidence_canines.html

(I think you're imagining that scent molecules are big - they aren't.)


Owned. I love it.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 17:36
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#60
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/11/25 16:31
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 170
Offline
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
I don't know what kind of concrete you use but it is not caustic. If it was there would be many a child without a finger.

yeah not caustic.. i wouldn't eat it but it doesn't eat away at anything. From my quick research the dogs wouldn't smell it.



Just because I can't bear to see you so thoroughly mangling science...

Wet concrete (Portland cement - the most popular type used in the US) contains calcium dioxide (formed when the calcium oxide in dry concrete mixes with water) - a highly caustic substance. Calcium dioxide has a pH around 12 or 13 - 14 is the highest, 7 is neutral (and remember that it's an exponential scale so 8 is ten times more basic than 7, etc.). The burns from wet cement don't necessarily start immediately (which is why people can make hand prints without their skin immediately burning off) but it needs to be washed off immediately and thoroughly. People who work with wet cement suffer the highest rates of occupational skin burns in the US. See here for more info: http://www.neutralite.com/

And there are numerous instances of cadaver dogs finding bodies buried in cement - even ones wrapped in plastic and buried years earlier, under a newly poured concrete patio, for example. You can start here for more info: http://www.csst.org/forensic_evidence_canines.html

(I think you're imagining that scent molecules are big - they aren't.)

Posted on: 2010/4/11 14:56
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#59
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/10/16 18:26
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 214
Offline
I said it was good he was taken off the street. What I feel bad about is a sytem that may have prevented all of that if we focused on health care, including mental health care, rather than on prisons and busting prostitutes and pot smokers.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 12:54
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#58
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/4 22:11
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 485
Offline
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
Jesus--noone gives a damn that this guy hung himself? Even if he was guilty, he had no previous record and maybe he was in declining mental health and this was the first time. I am NOT saying he shouldn't have been taken off the streets but perhaps if he had been on medications under psychiatric care things would be different. If we stopped building jails we could afford to get people into treatment. And his mom sure deserves a prayer.


Why the F would anyone give a crap about this piece of garbage? He kidnapped a 12 year old, who, if she wasn't smart enough to escape, probably would have ended up in that body bag they found.

The only reason why I feel badly about this scum hanging himself is that he now is free from getting butt raped in prison. And if my child was the one he kidnapped, I'd provide the rope and string him up myself.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 20:55
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#57
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/10/9 3:09
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 288
Offline
so, concrete/cement is airtight and impervious to smells/odors?

Then why is it that foundations leak? If water could get through, so could air particles certainly.

And I'm SURE that the builders at crescent court would just keep pouring over the countless body bags that this guy must have obviously planted in there. Or maybe he put it in there while it was still wet, and he is a master with concrete and was able to skete it well enough to eliminate all the air bubbles and conceal his hidings. Methinks you may need to stop playing with glitter. It might be getting into your brain.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 19:43
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#56
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/9/6 17:28
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 179
Offline
because the people under the concrete after a natural disaster did not end up there when it was poured. they are under a broken slab, gyp board etc..


they are two completely different situations.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 18:46
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#55
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/10/9 3:09
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 288
Offline
Then why do they use them to search after earthquakes and other natural disasters?

Posted on: 2010/4/10 18:05
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#54
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/9/6 17:28
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 179
Offline
I don't know what kind of concrete you use but it is not caustic. If it was there would be many a child without a finger.

yeah not caustic.. i wouldn't eat it but it doesn't eat away at anything. From my quick research the dogs wouldn't smell it.

yeah i am not too concerned about the child molester hanging himself. as much as i dislike the children in my neighborhood i don't want the freaky guy getting a chance to use his body bag.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 0:00
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#53
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/9/20 14:11
Last Login :
3/19 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 895
Offline
Prob got tired of getting buggered in jail.
I agree, sad on all accounts.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 14:05
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#52
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/10/16 18:26
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 214
Offline
Jesus--noone gives a damn that this guy hung himself? Even if he was guilty, he had no previous record and maybe he was in declining mental health and this was the first time. I am NOT saying he shouldn't have been taken off the streets but perhaps if he had been on medications under psychiatric care things would be different. If we stopped building jails we could afford to get people into treatment. And his mom sure deserves a prayer.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 13:31
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#51
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/11/25 16:31
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 170
Offline
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
i don't think they can because they are looking for the smell f decomposition rising through the soil. if you put someone under concrete the dog wouldn't be able to smell it because there are no air pockets to rise through. if the body was in the concrete i don't think it would decompose.


Not to get too far off topic, but this is absolutely incorrect. Cadaver dogs can smell through many materials, including concrete and even water.

Also, decomposition starts from the inside out - so burying a body in concrete wouldn't stop it from decomposing. (Not to mention that wet concrete is highly caustic.)

Posted on: 2010/4/8 12:58
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#50
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/9/6 17:28
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 179
Offline
i don't think they can because they are looking for the smell f decomposition rising through the soil. if you put someone under concrete the dog wouldn't be able to smell it because there are no air pockets to rise through. if the body was in the concrete i don't think it would decompose.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 1:38
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#49
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/10/9 3:09
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 288
Offline
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
cadaver dogs can't smell through concrete and that guy lived right by cresent court.!


Are you sure? I thought the could.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 23:32
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/9/6 17:28
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 179
Offline
cadaver dogs can't smell through concrete and that guy lived right by cresent court.

now that this guy hung himself, are those kids going to hang out on the corner again... i really dislike almost running them over because they are lying in the effing street!

Posted on: 2010/4/7 23:18
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#47
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/2/16 22:15
Last Login :
2011/11/18 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9
Offline
What a crazy story! Poor girl! Well I guess it isnot our place3 to judge after all it was God's will and the lord works in mysterious ways!

Posted on: 2010/4/6 17:04
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#46
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/5/4 21:28
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 81
Offline
I'm guessing the kittens did this too.

Posted on: 2010/4/6 16:56
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#45
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/3/25 13:40
Last Login :
2017/11/21 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 48
Offline
Officials: Man accused of grabbing girl off street hangs himself in county jail

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
April 06, 2010, 5:00AM

A Jersey City man charged with kidnapping and trying to take the pants off a 12-year-old girl is dead after hanging himself using sheets in the Hudson County jail in Kearny this past weekend.

Luigi Pandolfo, 33, of Colgate Street, was indicted on Jan. 27 on the charges of kidnapping, aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child and had been held at the jail since his arrest on Sept. 18, officials said.

Pandolfo's death is being investigated by the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office and the Hudson County Correctional Center's Internal Affairs Unit, but Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said yesterday it appears to be a "suicide."

After Pandolfo's arrest, police said a search of his home turned up lots of pornography, sex paraphernalia, handcuffs and a body bag. The items, particularly the body bag, triggered a search of the area using cadaver dogs, but no bodies were found. The body bag was likely related to a fetish, authorities said.

Pandolfo was arrested after the girl told police he grabbed her off the street, handcuffed her and held her captive for two hours. She said she escaped by slipping out of the handcuffs and climbing down a fire escape, officials said. The victim was later treated at the Jersey City Medical Center for bruises on her wrists consistent with having been handcuffed, police said.

After Pandolfo's first appearance on the charges, his 68-year-old mother, Maria Pandolfo, told The Jersey Journal police had the story wrong. She said her son was trying to give away three cats and the girl was interested so she went into the house to see which one she liked best.

Speaking in Italian, the mother said the girl was in the house only five minutes. Maria Pandolfo said her son had never been in trouble and prosecutors confirmed he had no criminal record.

After his arrest, Pandolfo's bail was set at $500,000 cash or bond and he was sent to the jail.

Posted on: 2010/4/6 13:15
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/11/19 20:23
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Posts: 214
Offline
Quote:

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
[quote]
GlitterQueen wrote:
MikeyTBC... your initial thought should be to believe the child. your thought process is why children keep sexual and physical abuse to themselves


It seems that there's more evidence than just the child's word in this case.

But most accusations of such are false. Certainly from a statistical standpoint it does not make sense to believe the child first.

It is also not exactly compatible with our innocent-until-proven-guilty system.

Children learn at some age that they have absolute power over adults if they make certain accusations. And while this case doesn't seem anything like that, certainly "your initial thought should be to believe the child" is a thinking process that will ruin a lot of innocent lives and protect no children.


Problem with your train of thought is, that most pedaphiles
will take advantage of what you bring to light, that is that the child may be making the story up and in some cases thats true, but how many cases go un-reported and the pedaphile allowed to continue abusing children.


Problem with your theory is that your thought process tend to lock up an innocent people, which is the worst possible scenario.


Thats not the case here and lets not all stray from the story becuase someone on this post decided to get on their soapbox.

Guess what if it looks like a skunk and it stinks like one, well I don't have to finish that for you.

Problem with most of these blogs is how a topic is used to highight another on a totally different subject matter.

Yes, do innocent people go to jail, thats not the issue and once more we don't live in the middle ages and theres no perfect system where ever you go, but to assume that every child that makes an accusation is not truthfull is indeed putting everyone the victum in jearpordy.Once more you should look at it with an open mind and not like someone who loves to incite.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 14:51
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#43
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/9/20 14:11
Last Login :
3/19 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 895
Offline
Quote:


Al Sharpton?

Appearing creepy is not a crime. Question everything.


At least there are a few people here that saw my point and didn't immediately send this alleged Frankenstein's monster down the Green Mile.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 13:18
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#42
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/7/5 17:15
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Posts: 257
Offline
Quote:

pooper wrote:
Quote:

1djcview wrote:

No one said to disbelieve the alleged victim, just to use professional skepticism. How many people in this thread AUTOMATICALLY assumed the adult was guilty, just because a child said so? We don't know the facts or the evidence. Again, if you're wrong, you're throwing an innocent person in jail and ruining their lives.


Easy there Al Sharpton. Gotcha, but you might want to hold off on this argument for someone other than creepy kitten lives with his mother guy.


Al Sharpton?

Appearing creepy is not a crime. Question everything.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 12:13
Top


Re: Girl in basement on Colgate btn 1st and 2nd?
#41
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/7/3 21:40
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Posts: 181
Offline
Quote:

1djcview wrote:

No one said to disbelieve the alleged victim, just to use professional skepticism. How many people in this thread AUTOMATICALLY assumed the adult was guilty, just because a child said so? We don't know the facts or the evidence. Again, if you're wrong, you're throwing an innocent person in jail and ruining their lives.


Easy there Al Sharpton. Gotcha, but you might want to hold off on this argument for someone other than creepy kitten lives with his mother guy.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 5:01
Top




(1) 2 3 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017