Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City man dies after trying to dive out first floor window while high on PCP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
the whole thing is sad all the way around. thoughts and prays.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 7:25

Re: Jersey City man dies after trying to dive out first floor window while high on PCP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
I went to school with Todd and am amazed that an otherwise intelligent person would do something so astoundingly dumb as smoke PCP. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and kids. Will post wake/mass/funeral info should I get it. Terribly sad day to see someone so young eff it all up.

Sorry for the loss of a childhood classmate. My prayers go out to all that knew him.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 5:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
wow.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 2:39

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
This topic has been moderated and will stay moderated.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 20:09

Funeral services for local man who died from PCP insanity Wed. Aug 19th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Service is being held on Aug 19th (Wednesday) 2009 at Mt. Oliver Baptist Church. 400 Arlington Ave. Jersey City, NJ 07304. Viewing of the body is at 10 am and the funeral service is @ 11 am.

Posted in a separate thread because the one actually involving his death became an offtopic pile about who was nice or this forum vs who had a crush on other people.

PLEASE keep this thread separate as that particular thread was hijacked into "YOU ARE NOT BEING NICE" stupidity. I don't really care if no one ever responds to this, and if I had the option I would just make it a locked topic. A friend of mine died at the age of 31. I want to make aware that services are being held so that perhaps people will show some respects for a woman who's now a single mom raising two kids. Maybe show some respect for a native JC son now dead before middle-age. This post will be lost in that thread because its full of people sniping at each other for being mean to someone on the internets. Thank you.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Bianca Reyes, left, grieves for her boyfriend Todd Patterson, whose aunt Doris McGee comforts her. Police said Patterson died when he tried to jump out a barred window of a house on Stevens Avenue in Jersey City.

Resized Image

Todd Patterson

Resized Image

Barred Window Patterson attempted to jump out of

All photos credited to Reena Rose Sibayan, Journal Photo.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _ends_life_of_jersey.html

Death dive ends life of 'PCP smoker,' 31
Friday, August 14, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
A Jersey City man died Wednesday after trying to dive out a first-floor window that had bars on the exterior. More than one person told police the man had a history of smoking PCP, officials said.

When police arrived at the Stevens Avenue residence at 4:09 p.m. they found Todd M. Patterson, 31, of Bayview Avenue, face-first in the window with his arms hanging outside through the bars in the home of a woman who said she let him in to use her bathroom, reports said.

Patterson was not breathing and both police and emergency medical technicians performed CPR on him, but he was pronounced dead on arrival at the Jersey City Medical Center, reports said.

The neighbor said she let Patterson in to use her bathroom because she's known him since grammar school, and that he seemed to be smoking something when he entered, reports said.

After a few minutes in the bathroom, Patterson came out "and was sweating and started to bug out," reports said.

He demanded to speak to his mother, dropped his pants and urinated on the floor, reports said, adding that when the neighbor told Patterson to get out, he pushed her.

The neighbor said Patterson then "ran into the living room and attempted to jump face first through the window, going through the glass and stopping due to the metal bars," reports said. She said she phoned Patterson's relatives when she saw Patterson bang into the bars, reports said.

The neighbor told police she knew Patterson smoked PCP, reports said.

Police then went to Patterson's home and found his cousin on the porch crying. The cousin said he'd worked out with Patterson in the garage earlier in the day and had taken a nap, but was awakened by the neighbor's call.

The cousin couldn't go to the neighbor's apartment because he was under house arrest and wearing an electronic tracking bracelet, and Patterson's aunt went instead, reports said.

Asked if Patterson had a history of drug abuse, the 28-year-old cousin said, "He smokes PCP," reports said.

Patterson's aunt, Doris Magee, questioned why the neighbor didn't call 911 right away.

"I called 911," said Magee. "She (the neighbor) was saying, 'Please get him out of my house. Get him out of here.'"

Patterson's mother, Gloria Patterson, said he went to School 15 before graduating from Dickinson High School in 1997, where he played basketball, football and baseball. He then attended a junior college in Pennsylvania.

Patterson has an 11-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter, she said.

"He was a fine young man, he was outgoing and he touched a lot of hearts," Gloria Patterson said.

An autopsy will be conducted at the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
I went to school with Todd and am amazed that an otherwise intelligent person would do something so astoundingly dumb as smoke PCP. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and kids. Will post wake/mass/funeral info should I get it. Terribly sad day to see someone so young eff it all up.

Posted on: 2009/8/13 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Wow PCP can make you kill yourself on First Floor window glass and security bars - no wonder cops fear these addicts. That is either Greenville or Westside - or both.
View Larger Map

Posted on: 2009/8/13 18:56

Jersey City man dies after trying to dive out first floor window while high on PCP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: Jersey City man dies after trying to dive out window
by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Thursday August 13, 2009, 12:43 PM

A Jersey City man died yesterday after trying to dive out a first-floor window that had bars on the exterior. More than one person told police the man had a history of smoking PCP, officials said.

When police arrived at the Stevens Avenue residence at 4:09 p.m. they found Todd M. Patterson, 31, face-first in the window with his arms hanging outside through the bars in the home of a neighbor who had let him in to use her restroom, reports said.

Patterson was not breathing and both police and emergency medical technicians performed CPR on him but he was pronounced dead on arrival at the Jersey City Medical Center, reports said.

The 29-year-old neighbor said that when Patterson banged loudly on her door and asked to use the restroom she let him in because he was from the neighborhood and she'd known him since grammar school, reports said.

She also noted that he seemed to be smoking something when he entered, reports said.

After a few minutes in the bathroom, Patterson came out "and was sweating and started to bug out," reports said.

He demanded to speak to his mother, dropped his pants and urinated on the floor, reports said.

When the neighbor told him to get out of her house, he pushed her, reports said.

The neighbor said Patterson then "ran into the living room and attempted to jump face first through the window, going through the glass and stopping due to the metal bars," reports said.

She said she called Patterson's relatives and the victim's aunt ran over and dialed 911 when she saw Patterson in the window, reports said.

When police asked the neighbor if Patterson had a history of substance abuse, "She said she knows he smokes PCP and that's all she knows," reports said.

Police then went to Patterson's home and found his cousin on the porch crying, reports said.

The cousin said he'd worked out with Patterson in the garage earlier in the day and then took a nap but was awoken by a call from the neighbor saying he was going crazy in her home, reports said.

The cousin couldn't go himself because he was under house arrest and wearing an electronic tracking bracelet, reports said.

When asked if Patterson had a history of drug abuse, the 28-year-old cousin said, "He smokes PCP," reports said.

Detectives contacted the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad but the case was left in the hands of police based on the facts, reports said.

Homicide detectives said they will take up the investigation if Patterson's death is ruled suspicious following an autopsy to be conducted at the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark.

Posted on: 2009/8/13 18:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017