Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users






Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/20 17:38
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 389
Offline
Quote:

ScarletRogue wrote:
Here is why those things happen. For those of you that have been in Jersey City since, oh, last week, understand this: It's Jersey City. It is corrupt and violent. It has been a corrupt political machine for over ninety years, and it has been mercilessly violent since the late sixties. Crime rate is 10 times higher than it was during 25 % unemployment of the Depression. Forget about what your college professor told you. He or she never grew up in a city or attended the inner neighborhood schools, nor even saw, never mind know, urban, ethnic minorities. These things do not happen because it is hot out. That is all smoke-filled, coffee-house crap. My cred? Family emigrated there 100 years ago, and I lived there myself. I also, laughingly so, listened to college professors try to explain urban life, despite them growing up in a Levitt development. It is what it is: Urban life as manifested through the blue-collar, gritty bravado of living in the hood.


That's the second time you've mentioned Levitt development (see Zeppelin Hall thread). I see it's somewhat of your signature phrase. It's also quite the assumption that we are all born and raised in Long Island suburbia. That's quite the broad brush you are painting all of us with. I am sure that some of my JCListers may take offense to that.

So JC is "violent and corrupt" as you say. How about we try to change the way things have been "for over ninety years" and try to make some progress? Maybe it's people like you with your attitude that have been the problem for ninety years. Despite what you think, urban living is more than just " blue-collar, gritty bravado of living in the hood".

I'm still looking for some real "cred" on your part. What have you done to better the city?

Posted on: 2009/7/20 0:06
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/1 23:31
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Posts: 444
Offline
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Holy crap. You have so much street cred I'd have to kill a family member to catch up.


+1

Posted on: 2009/7/19 21:36
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#9
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/11/23 11:19
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 92
Offline
You only have one eyebrow. Admit it.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 20:41
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/3/4 23:35
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 531
Offline
Holy crap. You have so much street cred I'd have to kill a family member to catch up.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 20:35
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#7
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/23 2:33
Last Login :
2011/3/14 0:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 14
Offline
Here is why those things happen. For those of you that have been in Jersey City since, oh, last week, understand this: It's Jersey City. It is corrupt and violent. It has been a corrupt political machine for over ninety years, and it has been mercilessly violent since the late sixties. Crime rate is 10 times higher than it was during 25 % unemployment of the Depression. Forget about what your college professor told you. He or she never grew up in a city or attended the inner neighborhood schools, nor even saw, never mind know, urban, ethnic minorities. These things do not happen because it is hot out. That is all smoke-filled, coffee-house crap. My cred? Family emigrated there 100 years ago, and I lived there myself. I also, laughingly so, listened to college professors try to explain urban life, despite them growing up in a Levitt development. It is what it is: Urban life as manifested through the blue-collar, gritty bravado of living in the hood.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 20:11
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/1 23:31
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Posts: 444
Offline
Quote:

kitten wrote:
Quote:

ninasdogwalk wrote:
I'm quite puzzled and disgusted with all of the senseless crimes going on jersey city. I haven't checked statistically but it seems to me that "crime incidents" here are on the rise.
And why would someone enable and encourage another individual on said crime then proceed to record it? That's some type of sick "glorification"


I've lived in JC for about 4 years now and have noticed that crime is more rampant in the spring and summer... maybe because kids are out of school and hanging out more, maybe because people are outside, maybe because it's hot, I don't know what it is..


im pretty sure it's that way everywhere, not just jc. and all the factors you mentioned certainly contribute to this phenomenon

Posted on: 2009/7/12 15:54
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/6/26 18:48
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 253
Offline
Quote:

ninasdogwalk wrote:
I'm quite puzzled and disgusted with all of the senseless crimes going on jersey city. I haven't checked statistically but it seems to me that "crime incidents" here are on the rise.
And why would someone enable and encourage another individual on said crime then proceed to record it? That's some type of sick "glorification"


I've lived in JC for about 4 years now and have noticed that crime is more rampant in the spring and summer... maybe because kids are out of school and hanging out more, maybe because people are outside, maybe because it's hot, I don't know what it is..

Posted on: 2009/7/12 15:03
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/5/25 7:44
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 107
Offline
I'm quite puzzled and disgusted with all of the senseless crimes going on jersey city. I haven't checked statistically but it seems to me that "crime incidents" here are on the rise.
And why would someone enable and encourage another individual on said crime then proceed to record it? That's some type of sick "glorification"

Posted on: 2009/7/12 14:33
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/13 15:58
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Posts: 109
Offline
i'm quite speechless

Posted on: 2009/7/11 15:21
 Top 


Re: Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/4/22 13:56
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 107
Offline
Thank you for helping me start my day with such an uplifting news item.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 13:55
 Top 


Heights: 16-year-old boy urged slamming 13-year-old girl's head into pavement in taped attack
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9302
Offline
Say teen urged slamming Jersey City girl's head into pavement in taped attack

by Jersey Journal
Friday July 10, 2009, 4:14 AM

A 16-year-old Jersey City boy who yelled, ''slam her head on the concrete'' was later arrested in connection with an attack on a 13-year-old girl at Pershing Field.

Police also confiscated a cell phone from a woman companion who apparently taped the attack on the girl, who was surrounded by a group.

Find out more in today's Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 12:44
 Top 








[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017